Photo

Car of the Year 2014 Championship

car of the year 2014 coty 2014 championship nissan gt-r gt3 jaguar d-type simraceway 6xj4 honda nsx gt500

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#161 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:07 PM

With the Laguna Seca race coming up, I thought I would mention a couple of factoids about the track that you may not be aware of.

1.  The Laguna Seca track is in a county park

Most dedicated race tracks are on private property, which means when teams go testing, the track is almost always closed to the public.  Since Laguna Seca is in a public park, it is always open to the public.  This allowed me to take pictures like this:

ribeiro01.jpg

This was one of the first pictures taken of the 1998 Penske PC27, the first (only?) Indycar to have an F1-style raised nose, and this picture was published in Racer magazine.  Roger Penske runs a very secretive team, and they hated the fact that they couldn't close the track.  They tried to kick me out of the paddock during winter testing but they couldn't.  They told me not to take pictures up close of their cars, but they couldn't prevent me from taking pics around the track.

2.  The land Laguna Seca sits on used to be part of a military training base

This land used to be part of Fort Ord, and this part of the base was used for a live ordnance testing and training range.  As you drive to the track along the access roads, you see these signs:

hollister.Par.19205.Image.-1.-1.1.gif

And this is the guide to the types of ordnance you might find in the area if you ignore the signs and go off-road:

hollister.Par.42353.Image.-1.-1.1.gif

#162 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:36 PM

Well, we would have to redefine SDEv as an abbrevaition for Stock car Driving Evolution first...

Hey there's still time to get that moonshining, bootlegging attitude.

86_31_4.jpg

20jrbtk.jpg

#163 m0LN4r

m0LN4r

Semi-Pro

• 161 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:17 AM

So please, avoid any landmines and grenades if possible.

I don't want to see cars exploding, while I cruise with the Jaguar D and listen to Otis :P :P

SQ: 820ish -- Miles Raced: 12000 -- Team: ATS -- RIG: DFGT + TV

Need advice for gaming build or workstation? Ask me, don't be so shy.

#164 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:29 PM

OK, time change tonight for Euro folk.  In real time, the races start 1 hour earlier.  So for US folk, it's back to a 9:00 am / 12:00 pm start.  For Euro folk it's the same clock time if you are on Summer time, but for people who don't switch to Summer time it will be an hour earlier.

Coss why don't you do that countdown timer thing.

#165 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:57 PM

Buying this car was a good decision... I really like it :D I'm not a very big fan of old cars, but this one... it has a very nice amount of power, and I love driving it with the H-shifter. I don't know really how, but I can drive it without Traction Control! :D

Also, this is a great combo. The car handling isn't very good, looking in today standarts, but Laguna seca has some corners that "hug" the car, so you can go fast in some corners, altough there are some corners that if you go a bit too fast you can destroy your race, be careful.

Let's see what I can do in the race :) Good luck everyone :D

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#166 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:59 PM

So I did the Jaguar D-Type at Laguna Seca 13-lap challenge race with Alex_Djuzhen.  The first time we tried it, I crashed into a wall on the first lap and I was dead (or maybe it was hitting that landmine that did it).  The Jag D requires such precision to drive fast and stay on the track, that the distraction of having someone nearby messed me up.  The second time we tried it, it was a close race and great practice driving in a racing situation.  I highly recommend that y'all do at least one practice race with other people, this is a tricky car to drive!

#167 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:03 PM

So please, avoid any landmines and grenades if possible.

I don't want to see cars exploding, while I cruise with the Jaguar D and listen to Otis :P :P

I'm not sure you if made the connection with "Dock of the Bay" on purpose, but Laguna Seca is close to San Francisco.  :P

Although, actually Sonoma Raceway is right next to San Francisco Bay and Sausalito, the town where the song was written, and Laguna Seca is next to Monterey Bay, 80 miles south of SF Bay.

#168 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 02:13 AM

As a reminder, all details of the upcoming Race 4 events are available here: Car of the Year 2014 Championship: Round 4

Countdowns: 

Countdown to Race 4 for Skillquant group 500-900 B (positions 15th to 28th of Hot Lap 4 qualifier)

Countdown to Race 4 for Skillquant group 500-900 A (positions 1st to 14th of Hot Lap 4 qualifier)

Countdown to Race 4 for Skillquant group 900-1100 B (positions 15th to 28th of Hot Lap 4 qualifier)

Countdown to Race 4 for Skillquant group 900-1100 A (positions 1st to 14th of Hot Lap 4 qualifier)

Also, all types of Practice events are waiting  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#169 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 29 March 2015 - 12:15 PM

yessss... races are back to 1 hr earlier for me  :D ...12.15 AM is just fine

Niranjan Kumar           SQ ~ 1000

India                  Team SDEv

#170 David

David

Novice

• 26 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:01 PM

finally clean start for 500-900 a race  ;)... Im concerned about walker´s missing during the last race... who knows which would had been his performance... :mellow:.

Terrible start for me but then i was pace enought.. congrats to kobayashi10(Close battle), robnitro(quicker than anyone) and supercar1(consistence enought).. i have to see mastrorocco replay´s what a mess...

challenging championship undefined till the end!

#171 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 29 March 2015 - 07:09 PM

Yeah nice battle mapaschito.  We had a great side-by-side dice on Lap 6.  I couldn't hold off you or robnitro, my pace was not good in the race.  But I was steady enough to hold on to P4 so it improved my final score, although robnitro passed me in the champ by finishing two places ahead of me.

Fun race though, I love this car.  I voted for the Jaguar D-Type for Car of the Year.

Congrats Pedro, you did what you had to do (win the race) to win the champ!

#172 TIR0

TIR0

Seasoned

• 55 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 10:19 PM

Well, this last race could have bee so much fun for me. I could have had some fun in the group with nira and Luke, B13... But. I had a little misunderstanding with EnricoS. He came back from the inside line where he wanted to make doodle nervous, to the outside. Looks like he didn't leave the room there open for me... I tried to go to the outside as far as I could when EnricoS came back. It seemed like just a little touch, but in a corner, so he spun :(

I immediatelly thought about waiting for him and was uncertain for a moment. It would have taken so long and so many cars would have gone past, so I decided to think about it during the following lap and let him pass maybe in a way that doesn't make me lose so many positions... or, idk, just stay calm and think slowly, don't rush, the time will come, who knows what will happen...

Unfortunatelly EnricoS decided to let his steam off and pun me at the straight in the following lap while I let him pass, which caused my car to spin and crash into the wall, and also the motor stalled, because I don't use autoclutch. Following a few seconds of disbelief... until I got my car going again I already lost some 20 seconds :(

Soon Coss texted me his disbelief, too, something like "oh god!", can't remember clearly. After Coss gave him a drive through penalty he wrote in the chat "*" and "?" - come on, you don't punch someone in the face while he appologises and then ask "?"... Also the corner he let me through I was 50% sure he would ram me, that would just be awesome, and I would really have something to laugh about.

I also believe Coss should have booted him after this. This is simply unacceptable. Crashing someone deliberately should be an insta-boot (or more).

The rest of the race I was just a passanger, not clear in the head, but I managed to keep going, more or less consistently

I lost at least 10 championship points here (not only because of EnricoS, also through my own mistakes), it could have been a 3rd place in the final CC standing :(

So disappointed at myself again, I always get in these kind of situation where I see a gap that formed and think I can brake at my normal braking point since I'm far enough away, then those in front of me brake in the same milisecond as I and shuffle a bit, but I can't get the car stopped, although I braked slightly earlier than them already (braking point wise). I need to find out, yet, what's wrong with me in such situations.

Also I always need so much time to settle into my rhythm in the beginning of the race. After the first few corners I found myself in 2nd place, no panicking or anything, yet. Then a little bit of bad luck, since my mirors were set wrongly, dunno when that happened. hitting the "3" key a few times while in such an interesting situation... I missed my braking point slightly and suddenly I lost 2 positions. Next corner, my weak point all week long, I fail ofc and go off-roading, another 2 positions lost :(

Simply put, just a mess of a race for me, lots to improve, always a noob in something, that's my name ;)

#173 1.7_petrol

1.7_petrol

Novice

• 47 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 10:35 PM

The D-type race was good for me, but SDEv_Mastrorocco, in the last lap, it was a very optimistic maneuver, there was little chance of that goes well  :)  and taking into account that for the championship result only counts the best three results, there was no need for it, but ok, no hard feelings, even the comentator was not aware of this :)

A word for tc9700:

In lap 6 I closed on you and made you spin. I left you some space inside, and you always had enough room for your car, but I admit that I would have given even more space if I had had a better notion of your position (the mirrors in the D-type are not very good). So, sorry about that, but I think we can consider a racing incident.

Good race doc_green, my main apponent in the race, close race!

Congratulations supercar1 ! (ou, parabéns Pedro!)

Cheers!

#174 Mastrorocco

Mastrorocco

Seasoned

• 65 posts
  • Facebook:Massimo Mastrorocco
  • LocationItaly

Posted 29 March 2015 - 11:08 PM

The D-type race was good for me, but SDEv_Mastrorocco, in the last lap, it was a very optimistic maneuver, there was little chance of that goes well  :)  and taking into account that for the championship result only counts the best three results, there was no need for it, but ok, no hard feelings, even the comentator was not aware of this :)

I'm sorry 1.7_petrol for that manouver, i was not thinking on my championship......i tried to pass you but as you said was not possible!

Really sorry!  :)

I risked all for this race but i spent all my lucky in 3 last races..  :(

First lap started very well taking lead and after a mistake, Supercar passed me before corkscrew.

Then i tried to stay in his tail and pace was very good, in any turns i was faster but at 5th lap i opened gas very early in corkscrew and spun loosing 11 positions.

The rest is the story!

Congratulations for your championship Supercar, you deserve that all, particularly in this race because you drove as +900 sq without helps.

I'm happy for these results for me in this last races and my championship!  :D

But wait me guys i will return in may stronger as possible!

Thank you Cossacco for the management of these championships!!!

#175 tc9700

tc9700

Novice

• 18 posts
  • LocationUAE,Dubai

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:47 AM

The D-type race was good for me, but SDEv_Mastrorocco, in the last8 lap, it was a very optimistic maneuver, there was little chance of that goes well :) and taking into account that for the championship result only counts the best three results, there was no need for it, but ok, no hard feelings, even the comentator was not aware of this :)

A word for tc9700:
In lap 6 I closed on you and made you spin. I left you some space inside, and you always had enough room for your car, but I admit that I would have given even more space if I had had a better notion of your position (the mirrors in the D-type are not very good). So, sorry about that, but I think we can consider a racing incident.

Good race doc_green, my main apponent in the race, close race!

Congratulations supercar1 ! (ou, parabéns Pedro!)

Cheers!

Its just a racing incident petrol.
I dont really care.:)

#176 EnricoS

EnricoS

Contributor

• 5 posts
  • Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/enrico.sansone.562
  • LocationItaly

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:28 AM

Well, this last race could have bee so much fun for me. I could have had some fun in the group with nira and Luke, B13... But. I had a little misunderstanding with EnricoS. He came back from the inside line where he wanted to make doodle nervous, to the outside. Looks like he didn't leave the room there open for me... I tried to go to the outside as far as I could when EnricoS came back. It seemed like just a little touch, but in a corner, so he spun :(

I immediatelly thought about waiting for him and was uncertain for a moment. It would have taken so long and so many cars would have gone past, so I decided to think about it during the following lap and let him pass maybe in a way that doesn't make me lose so many positions... or, idk, just stay calm and think slowly, don't rush, the time will come, who knows what will happen...

Unfortunatelly EnricoS decided to let his steam off and pun me at the straight in the following lap while I let him pass, which caused my car to spin and crash into the wall, and also the motor stalled, because I don't use autoclutch. Following a few seconds of disbelief... until I got my car going again I already lost some 20 seconds :(

Soon Coss texted me his disbelief, too, something like "oh god!", can't remember clearly. After Coss gave him a drive through penalty he wrote in the chat "*" and "?" - come on, you don't punch someone in the face while he appologises and then ask "?"... Also the corner he let me through I was 50% sure he would ram me, that would just be awesome, and I would really have something to laugh about.

I also believe Coss should have booted him after this. This is simply unacceptable. Crashing someone deliberately should be an insta-boot (or more).

The rest of the race I was just a passanger, not clear in the head, but I managed to keep going, more or less consistently

I lost at least 10 championship points here (not only because of EnricoS, also through my own mistakes), it could have been a 3rd place in the final CC standing :(

So disappointed at myself again, I always get in these kind of situation where I see a gap that formed and think I can brake at my normal braking point since I'm far enough away, then those in front of me brake in the same milisecond as I and shuffle a bit, but I can't get the car stopped, although I braked slightly earlier than them already (braking point wise). I need to find out, yet, what's wrong with me in such situations.

Also I always need so much time to settle into my rhythm in the beginning of the race. After the first few corners I found myself in 2nd place, no panicking or anything, yet. Then a little bit of bad luck, since my mirors were set wrongly, dunno when that happened. hitting the "3" key a few times while in such an interesting situation... I missed my braking point slightly and suddenly I lost 2 positions. Next corner, my weak point all week long, I fail ofc and go off-roading, another 2 positions lost :(

Simply put, just a mess of a race for me, lots to improve, always a noob in something, that's my name ;)

Hi TIR0,

I just want to clarify this situation.
I apologize for when I hit you in the straight, but believe me, it was totally unintentional; In fact I didn't know that you were giving back the position because I didn't even know who hit me the lap before.
So I thought that you simply went wide in the last corner (like I did) and that you were coming back in the track, but to a certain point you have braked (to let me pass) and I roughly steered left; I have also believed that I didn't hit you because I didn't hear anything while driving, and that's why I asked "?" Coss about the drive through.

Only when I watched the replay I really understood what happened and soon I realized that it could have seemed a revenge versus you TIR0, but it really was not so. I never did something like this and I will never do. And I think that everyone who qualifies for such races will never do that.

I'm sorry for the points that you have lost beacuse of this, but I have lost many points too since I was fighting for the podium before you hit me, but I know that it can happen;

in this championship, 3 of the my 4 races were compromised by someone that hit me; instead, apart from this incident, I never hit someone.

I think it has been only a big misunderstanding.

About the drive-through: as soon as I entered the pit lane Coss wrote me something like this: "DON'T STOP, just drive", (referring to the fact that was not a stop and go, but only a drive-through) so I wrongly thought: "what?!? no drive-through anymore??" so I didn't respect the speed limit; at the end I gave the position back to TIR0 again, as it should have been.

Anyway, that is how it went, bye.  :)

Edited by EnricoS, 30 March 2015 - 03:47 PM.

#177 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:10 AM

Nice race :)

So, back from the begining:

Race 1: (6xj4 @ phoenix). That race wasn't very good, but in the last laps I had a nice battle and I think I ended 9th place

Race 2: (NSX GT500 @ ACS) Started in 5th place, but after being hit in the first lap I went to 13th. However, I did an awesome come back and finished 3rd :D

Race 3: (GTR GT3 @ Silverstone) The hotlap was hard, and in the race I had a nice battle with Walker. After he spun the race was calm, and I won

Race 4: (Jaguar D-Type @ Laguna Seca).

As you guys knew, I liked the car. Even not being a fan of very old cars (but I'm a fan of 90's cars, japanese, of course :P). This car gives me pleasure to drive. It's also a car that you can drive differently from the others!

In this race I decided to use ABS low, because the brakes are very bad, but I didn't use more helps, not even auto clutch. I also used my H-clutch... believe this, it's SO much fun to drive stick! :D

My start of the race was kind of slow. I didn't use LC on purpose, and mastro overtaked me. Not really much of a problem, if I could have his pace. He did a little error in the first lap and then I was in the lead. The things were going fine, but then Mastro spun :( Then, I started doing a relaxed race. In the middle of the race, my dad came to the division of the house where I was and started to watch a bit of my race. Unfortunely I lost some concentration, did a little error, and suddenly robnitro was on my tail. For about 2 laps I was stressed, but then I tried to change to a relaxed pace. If he was behind me, I would still win. 

That's what happened , and now, I won the champ :D Thanks :)

I don't know if I will come back stronger in May... I had a lot of time to practice these days, but in May I will have several tests at school, so I can't practice too much, and maybe I can't do some races... we'll see.

So, thanks for the racing everyone, this was a nice championship :)

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#178 m0LN4r

m0LN4r

Semi-Pro

• 161 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:34 PM

I think that COTY was the best way to  début team ATS, which started to form 1-2 Months ago.

There was plenty of time, to get to know the most new team members in this new team.

We are a small, new team, with maybe less time to train, less experience than others, but WE ARE HERE !

Ingange and ENZO will soon brake into the A races in their group. It's only a matter of time (2-3 races maybe).

Majomhus and myself, will try hard in our group and grow slowly to brake through into  the A races with consistency

Agus (our Conquistador )will soon also be fighting for the top in a short time and of course Kingdaeho, will take over the Top of B races in his group.

Other members still need to show/prove themselves.

Thanks to Liam, Coss, Demitri for their work and amusing us. Can I complain a little? Ofc I can :P  I have to. :P
Liam and Demitri, try to find a solution to be better in sync and keeping track of what's happening on the track.

It's perfect as it is now, but I know you can do better. There are some things we just don't see and liam is commenting them.
But you will figure it out, i'm sure.

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

@Coss

I am very happy to hear the "review" news. I'm glad you think like me. Publicity is the way to go, the people need to find out about what you guys are doing. More and more.

@all
I'll do a Best of Q1/2015 (+COTA) of all races, so please any good fotage ideas please PM them to me.

NO youtube link required, just "race name" + "time of happening" example:

6XJ4 Championship: Race 2 (all Skillquant groups)

2h35m-2h40m (something happens)

SQ: 820ish -- Miles Raced: 12000 -- Team: ATS -- RIG: DFGT + TV

Need advice for gaming build or workstation? Ask me, don't be so shy.

#179 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:50 PM

The last race of the championship was a very strong outing for SDEv , the old jag being a great combo at Laguna !

900-1100 A

6th - niraceway

10th - Alex_Djuzhen

DNF - doodle127

900-1100 B

1st - doodle127

3rd - Johndaniels

11th - sierra28

500-900 A

5th - YardStick

10th - Mastrorocco

500-900 B

DNF - Styleracer

This race was my strongest performance in SRW so far , I started 7th on the grid but knew my race pace would be slightly better but never expected to find myself in p2 after the opening lap ! I was completely out of rhythm in the opening 10 laps or so and lukesky80 passed me and pulled away and a big train was forming behind me. but soon Doodle and co started having battles behind me and I put my head down and pulled away , closing the gap back up to luke and passing him . in the final laps B13 had closed the gap right upto to me and I started making mistakes again and on the final lap he passed me into t2 taking me by surprise, and I knew I had half a chance to try and get p2 back if I got beside him near the corckscrew so I pushed ...and pushed too hard and spun throwing all the hard work away to finish a disappointed 6th in the race . in the Championship I slipped down to 4th . but this still is the highest placing for me in SRW champs and i have worked hard to improve myself over the last few months , so im happy :) I will keep working hard to try and get better !

Congrats to VanPanther for winning the race and B13A6 for winning the championship !

Thanks to all my team mates for supporting me ,Doodle for the battles in race and Shadowbounty for sharing tips about this car and track combo ! thanks also to coss, Liam and Demi for their awesome work on this championships! see you all soon :)

Niranjan Kumar           SQ ~ 1000

India                  Team SDEv

#180 TIR0

TIR0

Seasoned

• 55 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 04:24 PM

Yesterday after I wrote my point of view I watched the replay over and over again. I consulted with Coss and I came to believe that your ram was not intentional, in fact just a very unfortunate overtake. To do such a ram on purpose would actually require some decent ramming skills.

Only question remains why you followed my car on the straight, there was certainly no slipstream, that confused me quite a bit. To me in the mirrors it looked like you didn't want to overtake, who knows. So I didn't step on the gas and rolled further and blinked my lights just before you hit me to show you that I'll let you pass.

This confused you this time, you misjudged my speed and how close you were, then you turned away from me rapidly. But it turned out way too close. Didn't you feel any bump?

Luckily my car didn't have much damage, only the rear was yellow, because the bump was not so big, but big enough to rotate me. The hit into the wall was also not hard, also no damage from that...

I'm happy that it was just an accident. I'm relieved now, I don't want enemies :)

And ofc sorry for my accident when I spun you out. Next time I will look better and not assume that a gap stays a gap.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: car of the year 2014, coty 2014, championship, nissan gt-r gt3, jaguar d-type, simraceway 6xj4, honda nsx gt500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users