Photo

Car of the Year 2014 Championship

car of the year 2014 coty 2014 championship nissan gt-r gt3 jaguar d-type simraceway 6xj4 honda nsx gt500

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#141 m0LN4r

m0LN4r

Semi-Pro

• 161 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:51 PM

Next:

lagunca-seca-jaguard-ret.jpg

SQ: 820ish -- Miles Raced: 12000 -- Team: ATS -- RIG: DFGT + TV

Need advice for gaming build or workstation? Ask me, don't be so shy.

#142 ProDriverPL

ProDriverPL

Novice

• 14 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:26 PM

TIRO all good, but if I was not going to slow on turn then I have to hit in niraceway. If I went wide on the turn I could fall off the track. I was going to correct racing line. I could not do anything. In the mirror I did not see how much was space for him. I do not intend to offend anyone.

#143 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 25 March 2015 - 12:49 AM

It was a nice race with  the GTR.  I was just trying to keep clean and consistent, as I joked to Mastro- I just wanted to survive!

I'm screwed.  I just went to 901 sq... 

900+ will not keep me around... I like to use abs, and abs low is total rubbish here.  Everyone talks how assists are slower.  OK, then why limit them in 900+???  If it is slower- than how come I can't use it? lol  Plus a lot of these factory cars, even GT3 cars have full abs in this century.  Sigh, I may be doing an SRW retirement and try something else.  If it doesn't go well I can come back.  

In another game (which I will keep nameless), they do some option called "factory" assists.  It means if it the car has ABS , TC, it will allow that.  If not, no.   That would make better sense to me.

So, unless magically my sq goes down to -900 I will miss out on one of my favorite cars, the Jag D type.  I'm upset at this.  It should be a system where you stay in the class you start a champ at.  Even if I can do well enough to qualify in 900+, I can't carry those points over to make up for my NSX engine blowup LOL

#144 TGR_M.Walker

TGR_M.Walker

Novice

• 41 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 02:00 AM

such a shame sorry to hear this rob, anyway if you are talking about the game I think add me on steam and I will give you a race now and then when im on, I don't play it a lot cos while it looks beautiful its lacking something that simraceway has and a few other unnamed sims/games have not sure what exactly lol. my steam account is same as my xboxlive tag fcrsenna.

#145 Mesder13

Mesder13

Seasoned

• 66 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 02:10 AM

[...]

So, unless magically my sq goes down to -900 I will miss out on one of my favorite cars, the Jag D type.  I'm upset at this.  It should be a system where you stay in the class you start a champ at.  Even if I can do well enough to qualify in 900+, I can't carry those points over to make up for my NSX engine blowup LOL

If you enter and lose some quick races I think you should be able to knock your SQ down a few points, after some bad races mine would drop a little bit. I'm currently sitting at 896 and kinda hope I don't hit that 900 barrier because i'm definitely not fast enough to compete with the aliens, haha.

#146 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 25 March 2015 - 02:11 AM

I can't find you Walker texas ranger :)  My name is same as here on steam.  I used to host servers, but now it's been dead.

Whats funny is that if you think of sports/etc... You don't flip a guy from little leagues into big leagues in mid season.  It happens between seasons.  Well I will see what happens.

I don't mind being slower than the aliens... But I just can't feel anything with abs off or abs low... I use a wheel and pedals, and have done abs off in other sims.  It's just something that I can't get used to here.  The worst was doing the F3.5 expert challenge way back.. LOL

#147 TGR_M.Walker

TGR_M.Walker

Novice

• 41 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 02:19 AM

weird why u cant find me my avatar is a senna helmet if that helps.

#148 sierra28

sierra28

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationArad, Romania

Posted 25 March 2015 - 03:41 AM

It was a nice race with  the GTR.  I was just trying to keep clean and consistent, as I joked to Mastro- I just wanted to survive!

900+ will not keep me around... I like to use abs, and abs low is total rubbish here.  Everyone talks how assists are slower.  OK, then why limit them in 900+???  If it is slower- than how come I can't use it? lol  Plus a lot of these factory cars, even GT3 cars have full abs in this century.  Sigh, I may be doing an SRW retirement and try something else.  If it doesn't go well I can come back.  

In another game (which I will keep nameless), they do some option called "factory" assists.  It means if it the car has ABS , TC, it will allow that.  If not, no.   That would make better sense to me.

C'mon Rob i'll been waiting for u to join already :P, it is fun to be last :D

Sierra28 member of SDEv
Sportscar Driving Evolution

We help young teams to get started!

#149 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 25 March 2015 - 04:58 AM

Not with abs low, argh- how do you do it with keyboard?  Must feel like nails on chalkboard.

Walker, theres like 1200 sennas and I looked through the 187 fcr's in steam, no luck.  Just add me robnitro on steam... easier that way.

#150 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:41 AM

iv just about had enough of some folks regularly whining here (whom I will keep nameless ) ..... they don't want to stay, they don't leave ... but they are sure to keep whining and moaning ... meh <_<

Niranjan Kumar           SQ ~ 1000

India                  Team SDEv

#151 m0LN4r

m0LN4r

Semi-Pro

• 161 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:13 AM

I have to admit something. The last race I cheated. With this:

img20150325095225.jpg

iv just about had enough of some folks regularly whining here (whom I will keep nameless ) ..... they don't want to stay, they don't leave ... but they are sure to keep whining and moaning ... meh <_<

My teacher once said. Praising isn't helping anyone as much as complaining. Only people who are not satisfied with something or themselves, will try to move on and get better, but not all of them. ;)

SQ: 820ish -- Miles Raced: 12000 -- Team: ATS -- RIG: DFGT + TV

Need advice for gaming build or workstation? Ask me, don't be so shy.

#152 sierra28

sierra28

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationArad, Romania

Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:52 AM

:D:D:D Molnar u are crazy :D:D:D

Sierra28 member of SDEv

#153 Reno

Reno

Semi-Pro

• 106 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:19 AM

My teacher once said. Praising isn't helping anyone as much as complaining. Only people who are not satisfied with something or themselves, will try to move on and get better, but not all of them. ;)

I strongly disagree with this statement. Some people need extra confidence to boost their morale because they naturally feel insecure, whatever the reason is. Some people need regular praising to keep their ego and self-esteem high enough. Because we're not all racing for ourselves, some of us race for a public, under the -judgemental- eyes of relatives or sponsors. When you never know if you're doing good or bad, you tend to feel abandoned. Some other people don't need that, maybe because they're mentally strong enough or self-confident or arrogant.

From time to time, we need a helping hand, a friendly ear, someone to listen to our complaints and tell us it'll be ok. Drivers, sportsmen and people in general are born this way. Maybe not all, but some of them. And they need empathy and sympathy, not sayings and disdain.

And yes, I understand the frustration of going over the 900 SQ mark and the anticipated fear of struggling week in and week out to qualify. Because we love to race and investing so much effort into a qualification just to come short at the end of the week is highly frustrating. Because racing is our fuel. And without fuel, no way to keep going.

Please understand we're all different.

Maybe there is something more important than just winning races. (Mark Donohue)
All race drivers return to the obscurity they came from. (Mark Donohue)

A noi date vittoria e poi l'eterna gloria in paradisu.

#154 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 25 March 2015 - 04:31 PM

Robnitro and Walker, I added both of you in steam easily :)

Very pity what happened rob, I would like that you would still race with us.

Btw walker, my Xbox Live ID is XboX Tune play, but unfortunely I dont have xbox live gold :(

I'm waiting for the Jag discount, so I can start practicing :)

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#155 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:09 PM

[...] some of us race for a public, under the -judgemental- eyes of relatives or sponsors. [...]

Wow, you have sponsors?

I want one, too! I'd need a new graphics card and a wider screen would do, too.:)

Owner of SDEv

#156 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:06 PM

Wow, you have sponsors?

I want one, too! I'd need a new graphics card and a wider screen would do, too. :)

Sponsors? I want sponsors too :P

Portugal

#157 Reno

Reno

Semi-Pro

• 106 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:21 PM

Wow, you have sponsors?

I want one, too! I'd need a new graphics card and a wider screen would do, too. :)

I'm my own sponsor, I have my name above the car, haven't you noticed? ;) It's worth a lot.

Maybe there is something more important than just winning races. (Mark Donohue)
All race drivers return to the obscurity they came from. (Mark Donohue)

A noi date vittoria e poi l'eterna gloria in paradisu.

#158 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:12 PM

The moment when you see that if it was right now, your time could make you enter in 900-1100 A race  B)

Portugal

#159 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:23 PM

This is OT for this thread but I don't think there is a dedicated thread so I will post this here.

There is less than 3 days left for the Daytona 500 event.  I'm a little surprised to see that no one from the SDEv team has set a time.  You have a large team and I figured some of you would get together to mount an assault.  I started thinking that you guys would pull a last-minute surprise, but with the Sunday races coming up, there's really not much time left.

Tbolt and nascar88fan set an excellent 2-man time, but I wanted to see at least one more 3- or 4-man train set a fast time.  I was just hoping to see some spirited competition in the last week of the event, but nothing is going on.  :mellow:

OK guys, this is a gauntlet, thrown down:
gauntlet.jpg

I only singled out SDEv because they are by far the biggest team.  It would be great to see any team set a time.  So c'mon ATS, FoF, HTR, NOS, SRC, and TGR, let's see someone shake up the leaderboard!  :)

#160 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:51 PM

Well, we would have to redefine SDEv as an abbrevaition for Stock car Driving Evolution first...

Nice accesoir of yours there, though. ;-)

Owner of SDEv

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: car of the year 2014, coty 2014, championship, nissan gt-r gt3, jaguar d-type, simraceway 6xj4, honda nsx gt500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users