Photo

Car of the Year 2014 Championship

car of the year 2014 coty 2014 championship nissan gt-r gt3 jaguar d-type simraceway 6xj4 honda nsx gt500

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#41 TGR_M.Walker

TGR_M.Walker

Novice

• 41 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:20 PM

ok your point is?

#42 Mastrorocco

Mastrorocco

Seasoned

• 65 posts
  • Facebook:Massimo Mastrorocco
  • LocationItaly

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:05 PM

You are very lucky to have this car for 3.75.
For example i took this with full price 3 months ago.
I know that not all of us can spend money for playing, but i think we can support Coss and his stuff doing this.....
Just what i think.

#43 TGR_M.Walker

TGR_M.Walker

Novice

• 41 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:17 PM

that wasn't what you said tho lol and I get it but that's not the point I was making is I made a mistake due too lack of information and spent credits earmarked for this car , I have no issue buying the car or supporting coss as people keep sayin but I cant do it this week and this is why I was saying I was not in this round championship, why everyone so quick to be defencive or brown nose or shoot me down or whatever it is you are doing forums are for this kinda stuff.

#44 Mastrorocco

Mastrorocco

Seasoned

• 65 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:14 PM

I don't want shoot you down.....as i said is what i think.....first time i thought the same you said about half price and i've done the same error, thinking that were half credits and not only founds.
See you on the truck guy to have fun and close this discussion!!:):)

#45 TIR0

TIR0

Seasoned

• 55 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:34 PM

That's why it's pointless fighting through text messages. You start thinking you know how the other one meant what he wrote. While in reality you don't get enough information. Smilies can help a little bit in this direction, but not enough. So, let's just not put any interpretation into Walkers words :D

All he said was that he didn't get enough information and because of that made a mistake. That's why he probably won't be able to race this weekend. Period 

Also he said that he just wanted to tell us. Nothing else.  

The rest was our interpretations and judgement without sufficient data.

(Philosophizing :D)

#46 TGR_M.Walker

TGR_M.Walker

Novice

• 41 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:41 PM

ok thanks tiro, and mad max for your opinion .. :D

#47 Mastrorocco

Mastrorocco

Seasoned

• 65 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:50 PM

Probably i have a bad english and sometimes i can't explain very well what i want say.
Sorry for this....
I'm happy walker is in this community for his skill!
I posted a little consideration, a comment, don't want be polemic when i write here.

#48 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:28 PM

All details of Round 2 are now available and everything is correct in terms of starting times, the PDT time zone, etc. Just in case you notice something concerning, please let me know.

Practice Challenges are just about to go online, so make sure to use them well and for your advantage on Sunday  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#49 Mastrorocco

Mastrorocco

Seasoned

• 65 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:32 AM

I think at first corner we will watch 14 cars all toghether because there is a good slipstream here.
who will start in 5th or 6th position can be very close with first positions for this.....

#50 TGR_M.Walker

TGR_M.Walker

Novice

• 41 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 07:48 PM

Sorry to anyone I may have made contact with in tonights race but after I was hit at the start I just seen red and couldn't concentrate and made mistake after mistake couldn't stop thinking how much off a deliberate move it was I know its no excuse but if anyone thinks I ruined there race I will gladly take a penalty or whatever punishment the race director sees fit , I don't expect to just hit people an get away with it..

#51 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:01 PM

What a race!!!

I was in a good place to start :) (5th position). After some restarts, I am in a nice place to fight for the podium...

But then, go check 1:14:03 of https://youtu.be/ccUhsSpr9dw

As you can see, Agus (it wasn't M0ln4r, as I was saying in the chat, sorry) hit me and we crashed. He explained that it was because of lag, and I understanded, as he could do nothing. But I got very mad and angry because I was in a nice place and because of that I went to 13th place!!! 

I had a lot of adrenaline and I tried to overtake some people. That wasn't very easy, but after a lot of work I was 6th. That's not a bad place for who came from 13th place, but I wanted more!! Unfortunely, there was a train of cars ahead, so they were quicker because of drafting. 

Then, some crashes or spins happened and robnitro gets closer to me. I have to thank robnitro, because he helped me in drafting. After that I was close to the other guys, and I managed to get the 2nd place! Finnaly all the adrenaline I had was good for something! Unfortunely I couldn't hold mastro :/ so I finished 3rd place. <- Not bad at all for who came from 13th place and is only a 15 year old boy, right? Also, my pc had 2 freezes, which made me go slower too :(

In the race I received 2 warnings about cutting, so guys, Coss made his part. Sometimes I cutted to be faster, but there were another situations were I cutted to be able to fight for a new position and DON'T CRASH INTO THE OTHER CAR, because I don't have a 3 screen setup and I can't be very aware of where the other car is.

Well, that's it... It was a hell of a race... I hope you guys recognize all my effort, fighting to get a podium, instead of saying things like "change his name of supercar to supercut".

I don't plan to cut in the next races, it was an exception.

Congrats Koba :)

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#52 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:53 PM

Well that was the most relaxing race I've ever had. :P   With the intense fighting behind me, I was able to get a big cushion which allowed me to focus on smooth laps.  Unfortunately it might be a tainted win. :( At the right-left infield chicane, I tapped mapaschito while he was turning right (sorry, man!).  I let off the gas to let him recover, and in that moment I thought he recovered and got his balance back, and then he hit the gas too hard while turning left, spinning him around.  But looking at the replay, it looks like he turned left before he recovered rear grip, so it looks like the tap caused the spin instead of him hitting the gas too hard.  Or rather, I should say that since the tap caused him to spin right, both the tap and his hasty attempt at recovery contributed to his spin to the left. (If it was just a right turn, I think he would have recovered easily.)  Oh well, with all the contact in the race and potential penalties, who knows who really won until Coss does his review.  :rolleyes:

Edit:  After talking to mapaschito, he's cool so I feel better about it, although I know I didn't run a perfect race.

#53 RandomnessInside

RandomnessInside

Pro

• 365 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:32 PM

Okay um see you guys in a few weeks at most...

Active since October 2014
Wheel: Logitech G27
Check out my YouTube.

#54 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:03 PM

Boy, that was a rough flight, tonight!

I'm sorry, that the TGR guys had that much contact with SDEv drivers during these races!

I had a really harsh give and take battle  with D.Ollauri, as had M.Walker with Mastrorocco in the -900 A race. It's about time, that we meet on some inter team trackdays and have a couple of friendly encounters within the SDEv league, to know each other better and avoid this sort of tangling up in the future.

Overall, it's fair to say, that this was one of the most difficult car and track combinations of a sunday's championship in SRW during the last year.

Many errors and hits were caused by the difference of slipstream next to clean air. Those who haven't practiced close racing scenarios enough, found themselves collecting somebody's bodyparts on his way towards the apex.

I don't want to be in Cossacco's situation, having to decide on the post race penalties here and there.

Let's keep the spirits up and have a clean race at Donington Park next week!

The GT-R is more forgiving and the track is more of a classical race track, what we all are used to. So I'm looking forward to some less ugly, but maybe even more intense battles with the fine TGR and ATS gangs!

See you on track guys!

Owner of SDEv
Sportscar Driving Evolution

We help young teams to get started!

#55 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:21 PM

Well that was the most relaxing race I've ever had. :P   With the intense fighting behind me, I was able to get a big cushion which allowed me to focus on smooth laps.  Unfortunately it might be a tainted win. :( At the right-left infield chicane, I tapped mapaschito while he was turning right (sorry, man!).  I let off the gas to let him recover, and in that moment I thought he recovered and got his balance back, and then he hit the gas too hard while turning left, spinning him around.  But looking at the replay, it looks like he turned left before he recovered rear grip, so it looks like the tap caused the spin instead of him hitting the gas too hard.  Or rather, I should say that since the tap caused him to spin right, both the tap and his hasty attempt at recovery contributed to his spin to the left. (If it was just a right turn, I think he would have recovered easily.)  Oh well, with all the contact in the race and potential penalties, who knows who really won until Coss does his review.  :rolleyes:

if it wasn't the crash at the first lap maybe we could have had fighted for the win :) We were doing similar laptimes in the practice server, just you and me, remember? :)

Congrats mate! :D

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#56 TIR0

TIR0

Seasoned

• 55 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 03:24 AM

I had an awesome race. After a few first weak laps I finally settled down. And then I had great fights with Mr_Jolly and AG06. I only had 2 moments where my car went sideways, but no spin! A few laps I was even second after B13 and I was closing him down :o I couldn't believe what was going on. But ofc B13 had a greater plan...

I think I could have managed somehow to make it without a pitstop. I had some mixed strategy, some laps I pushed, some laps I saved fuel, I don't know what I was thinking :D If I saved fuel right from the beginning I think it might have worked. Next time in such a situation I have to dicide, push, or save fuel.

4th in 900-1100 A race, almost podium, I'm content :)

I have a vid again for you.

My fastest lap of the weekend I did not in the Hotlap, but in the race. With AG06 breathing down my neck he pushed me to the limit. As I would rate it, this lap seems completely valid.

#57 m0LN4r

m0LN4r

Semi-Pro

• 161 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:21 AM

@supercar1

For the next time take my advice:

Think and check, before you attack someone on chat by mistake ! Maybe start thinking during race...

Its a form of courtesy (Bonton or Etiquette) and respect you lost in my eyes (as a good driver).

Why? I took extra caution for this race (I expected a lot of spinouts and crashes) and that's why I kept my distance all the time, to avoid a crash into cars in front of me.

-> That brought me to a 5th place in th 12th lap (I think), without hitting (walker) or cutting (supercut) anything.

Finished 8th with together with Yardstick.

Also we tried with Tiptoe, to avoid the first corner restarts far better than anybody else. Watch replay.

@Walker

You are very fast indeed, but looking at the race on the stream. It looks just dirty (sorry, no offense) all over.

Imagine everyone to drive like trat. Almost every overtake you did was by a hit or two. Almost no clean overtakes.

But we can see some very clean overtakes in other parts of the race.

Grats to ATS_AGUS1601 (also try not to hit people),

we were together at the time in 5th and 6th place. I let you to pass me, but you didn't why ?

We could have drafted the last 3 laps, maybe next time.

and most of all to ATS_Ingange who finished 8th in this long race and his amazing battle with xXxENZO6666XxX (?)

Where can I download the replay (.vcr) file ?

SQ: 820ish -- Miles Raced: 12000 -- Team: ATS -- RIG: DFGT + TV

Need advice for gaming build or workstation? Ask me, don't be so shy.

#58 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:26 AM

It was a good showing again by the SDEv boys this week ! with Mastrorocco finishing 2nd again in 500-90 A , tip and yard finishing 7th and 9th !! the 900-1100 races there were many SDEv drivers,3 in the B race ( ALex 5th , sierra 9th , andy 12th ) . and we were 3 again in the 900-1100 A ,  Doodle who finished 9th and John who on fire with his Oval racing expertise and then quite literally as his engine blew which was very unfortunate :( and myself ending up 7th

I was starting 14th in the 900-1100 A race, I knew the only way to make up some positions was to go for a no pit stop strategy and a consistent pace ,
 I did make up some positions after the opening lap but I didn't battle too hard to defend my positions as the other guys seemed to be on a different strategy so I let them pass ,
but as the race went on drivers made mistakes allowing me to ease back up and I hoped I would have enough fuel for a final push towards the end ...
as it turned out I was upto 4th on the penultimate lap !!! but fuel had become critical and I really hoped to hang on to 5th and would have done it if I had about 2 drops of fuel in the tank !!! but it was not to be , I ran out of fuel just meters from the finish line !!! and dropped to 7th. but im not too disappointed with it ,it was a fun race . i wish we have more of these longer , strategic races rather than just flat out sprints !

I would like to thank coss , demi, Liam and all the racers !!!

Niranjan Kumar           SQ ~ 1000

India                  Team SDEv

#59 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:18 AM

Where can I download the replay (.vcr) file ?

My champ table pages have event links at the top:

http://www.dg42.net/...event=1503WSQ59

Click on the event's "B Race" or "A Race" link to go to the event page.  On the event page, click on the play button icon vcr_play-122eaa7f2702246dcf787f5b3a5808c to download the replay file.  Remember that you must rename the file to start with a letter.  If you start the file name with a number, it won't show up in the Replay section of the Simraceway program.  The replay folder path to save the file to looks something like this:

(In Windows 7):

C:\Users\YourLoginName\AppData\Roaming\Simraceway\REPLAYFRIDGE\REPLAYS\

#60 m0LN4r

m0LN4r

Semi-Pro

• 161 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:38 AM

Koba put the link into your signature maybe :)

Here is a Family Photo of Coty RD2, with everybody :)

family-ss.jpg

SQ: 820ish -- Miles Raced: 12000 -- Team: ATS -- RIG: DFGT + TV

Need advice for gaming build or workstation? Ask me, don't be so shy.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: car of the year 2014, coty 2014, championship, nissan gt-r gt3, jaguar d-type, simraceway 6xj4, honda nsx gt500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users