Photo

Car of the Year 2014 Championship

car of the year 2014 coty 2014 championship nissan gt-r gt3 jaguar d-type simraceway 6xj4 honda nsx gt500

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#21 SuperSaiyan2

SuperSaiyan2

Contributor

• 2 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:48 AM

Won't even bother trying with this one... Good luck, guys.

#22 sierra28

sierra28

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationArad, Romania

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:50 AM

Not the best debut with TGR team but is fair enought... Im so pleased to D.Moore and T.Walker to trust me as a member of their prestigious team.... im so proud of it  B) . What a drama with technichal issues with walker but finally... He did it again!!! congrats for both awesome drivers...

i love simraceway community...

I wounder where were you :D , but i discovered that u changed your in game name and now all make sense , keep it up David  ;)

Sierra28 member of SDEv
Sportscar Driving Evolution

We help young teams to get started!

#23 m0LN4r

m0LN4r

Semi-Pro

• 161 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:47 AM

Well, I think this was the first 22 lap battle for me. Never had to  try so hard before.

Thanks to Yardstick, I had a really great time fighting for the last place non-stop.

We had some contacts and one time i pushed him (sry), but I let him go, because he was faster anyways.

I just realized I need more of this battle and breaking experience, also have to work on my concentration.

But it was a lot lot better than last time.

Oh and great work for ATS_Agus1601 and ATS_ingange, and we all missed ATS_majomhus with his hidden talent.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Last hairpin before finish, I think it was my mistake. Everybody stopped very early and I was too late with braking, then I wanted get through a small opening, but couldn't.

But I will check the replay, don't remember.

Oh and we really, really need a wide mirror in cockpit view, the cars mirrors are totally useless for me.

Also tried to drive with hood cam, but its so weird that I can't take it.

SQ: 820ish -- Miles Raced: 12000 -- Team: ATS -- RIG: DFGT + TV

Need advice for gaming build or workstation? Ask me, don't be so shy.

#24 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:29 PM

Big congrats Doodle for a perfect weekend , the pole and a lights to flag win in 900-1100 A !!! congrats also to Mastrorocco  for 2nd position in 500-900 A , yard was 13th ... in the 900-1100 B a strong race by sierra to 6th !! finally a race without being nudged by anyone I think and his consistency moved him up the grid ..... in the 900-100 A 4 SDEv drivers took part which was great !!  Alex and Andy had a fun race I think with lots of action to finish 10 and 11th .
  I started 12th in the 900-1100 A , and I didn't have much hope as I didn't like this car track combo , but I was focussed on not making any errors as I had done in previous races and it turned out to be a good race for me ... as drivers in front made errors ( some heart in mouth moments ) I was able to capitalise and climb my way upto 5th and im more than pleased with it !! ... 

Niranjan Kumar           SQ ~ 1000

India                  Team SDEv

#25 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:20 PM

Thinking about your questions from yesterday, so Test Drive Tuesdays and precisely discounts for cars used in the upcoming Rounds, we've came up with a new way to do it. Probably something we should have done before, but instead we've tried other options.

Test Drive Tuesday with the McLaren MP4-28 will begin in about 2 hours from now and last untill Wednesday, 4PM UK time, that is 17:00CET, so as usual. Once that ends, Honda NSX GT500, so car that will be used in Round 2 of this Championship will be put under a 50% discount and remain like that for 24 hours. No test drive, just the discount, for all those who are interested to take part in the Championship and don't own the car just yet. That will also be the case for every other car.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#26 m0LN4r

m0LN4r

Semi-Pro

• 161 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:06 PM

lol I bought the cars 5 days ago...

#27 __doodle127

__doodle127

Novice

• 35 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:14 PM

lol I bought the cars 5 days ago...

Oh well, you better get some good racing done with it to win back those funds! :) Its worth it!

TEAM: SDEv    

Car Collection:47     SQ: 1025--1035

Sim Gear: FANATEC- Clubsport Wheelbase v2 and BMW GT2 Rim + CSR E-Inverted Pedals + Clubsport Shifter v1.5

#28 TGR_D.Moore

TGR_D.Moore

Contributor

• 4 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:16 PM

Good race by all yesterday,congrats to F$%%$£% little B&£$^£&!" TGR_M.Walker for winning haha well done and a big welcome to TGR_D.Davies and TGR_D.Ollauri,well done to both of them,not so well done on me,bad start agian and lost positions.but all and all was a good drive from all drivers on the grid well done to all.             TOP GEAR RACING FOR THE WIN :D :D :D :D

#29 Reno

Reno

Semi-Pro

• 106 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:41 PM

Once again I missed the top 28 by a hair. Once again I took a reserve spot. Once again I started from the back and avoided all incidents. Once again I had to hold off someone before he disappeared in my rearview mirror. And once again I scored a top 10 finish. Nothing to be proud of, really, but it's funny to see how an anonymous race can turn into a decent result.

Message to Hesh838: the rough driving wasn't quite necessary. You nudged me in the last chicane on lap 4 and then you tangled with someone else a little bit later. You were definitely faster but a little more respect and patience would have been greatly appreciated.

Test Drive Tuesday with the McLaren MP4-28 will begin in about 2 hours from now and last untill Wednesday, 4PM UK time, that is 17:00CET, so as usual. Once that ends, Honda NSX GT500, so car that will be used in Round 2 of this Championship will be put under a 50% discount and remain like that for 24 hours. No test drive, just the discount, for all those who are interested to take part in the Championship and don't own the car just yet. That will also be the case for every other car.

AAAARGH! I'll be 300 miles away from home! I guess I gotta connect from my laptop when I'm at the airport or something...

Maybe there is something more important than just winning races. (Mark Donohue)
All race drivers return to the obscurity they came from. (Mark Donohue)

A noi date vittoria e poi l'eterna gloria in paradisu.

#30 hesh838

hesh838

Contributor

• 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:47 AM

Message to Hesh838: the rough driving wasn't quite necessary. You nudged me in the last chicane on lap 4 and then you tangled with someone else a little bit later. You were definitely faster but a little more respect and patience would have been greatly appreciated.

I didn't think my first post on this forum would be me defending myself  :rolleyes:  lol

Reno i would just like to point out i am not a rough racer at all, those 2 incidents i had with you and dahrec were completely unintentional, and they both happened on the same corner, and it is only due to the fact that in the week build up to the race, i have only lapped this track on my own and the first instance of me racing with any other cars on this track was when the lights went out at the start of those 32 laps on sunday... so of course those first few laps took a lot of getting used to trying to maintain the race line with other cars attacking me and defending there own positions, and this is when the contact happened on the first few laps!

but unfortunately when i made contact with you, and dahrec in the same corner but on different laps, i was being patient, but i was just not ready for how late and gently you were both getting on the throttle to get out of that corner, i wasn't expecting there to be contact but unfortunately there was, luckily it was incredibly gentle and didn't really effect either me, you or dahrec, but the rest of my race was just as clean and fair as normal, just an unfortunate couple of incidents really!

#31 Reno

Reno

Semi-Pro

• 106 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:19 AM

I didn't think my first post on this forum would be me defending myself  :rolleyes:  lol

Reno i would just like to point out i am not a rough racer at all, those 2 incidents i had with you and dahrec were completely unintentional, and they both happened on the same corner, and it is only due to the fact that in the week build up to the race, i have only lapped this track on my own and the first instance of me racing with any other cars on this track was when the lights went out at the start of those 32 laps on sunday... so of course those first few laps took a lot of getting used to trying to maintain the race line with other cars attacking me and defending there own positions, and this is when the contact happened on the first few laps!

but unfortunately when i made contact with you, and dahrec in the same corner but on different laps, i was being patient, but i was just not ready for how late and gently you were both getting on the throttle to get out of that corner, i wasn't expecting there to be contact but unfortunately there was, luckily it was incredibly gentle and didn't really effect either me, you or dahrec, but the rest of my race was just as clean and fair as normal, just an unfortunate couple of incidents really!

I totally agree that it didn't affect the rest of our race. I think I sustained a light damage to the left rear panel but nothing serious. I was just pissed by the way it happened. Indeed, I noticed these two incidents took place at the beginning of the race and your next move was perfectly clean.

Still, just like you, I did not practice group racing before the event. I didn't even calculate the fuel mileage. In this case, you just have to be extra patient in the opening laps and observe the line of the guys in front of you before deciding where to attack. You dived inside and, as you admitted, you did not know how I was driving around this specific corner. I didn't change my line because you were too far behind at the braking point so I didn't even try to surprise you with a counter-line. You can't just 'expect' me to do something and go for it in the corner.

Once again, you were faster and you would have eventually passed anyway so the end result is basically the same. I've been called out a few times for my defensive driving and race incidents that were just unfortunate. Some of my actions have been judged according to what could have happened and not to what did happen. So now I'm far less lenient concerning contacts. But there's no grudge to be held here. Mistakes are made, that happens. Let's move on.

Maybe there is something more important than just winning races. (Mark Donohue)
All race drivers return to the obscurity they came from. (Mark Donohue)

A noi date vittoria e poi l'eterna gloria in paradisu.

#32 TGR_M.Walker

TGR_M.Walker

Novice

• 41 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 04:15 PM

how come the nsx is still 7500 credits and half price if you buy with cash ? because you said it will be discounted by 50% cossacco I only saved half the credits for it and brought the other cars ...well I geuss I wont be in this round of the championship then , should of really stated the discount would only be for cash tho I think. :(

#33 TIR0

TIR0

Seasoned

• 55 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 04:24 PM

it's always like that Walker, only cash prices are reduced, not the credit price.

I just was about to post this video, when I saw a new reply, maybe it can cheer you up :)

It's a tribute to last 6XJ4 night race. It didn't turn out perfect because the recording stuttered and I realized it too late to record it from new. I hope you'll like it anyway. The driving is also far from good, but it was just a fun video editing project for me. 2 or 3 decent drifts are in it, so I'm content :D, I'm not a drifting pro.

#34 TGR_M.Walker

TGR_M.Walker

Novice

• 41 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 04:30 PM

does not matter if its always like that mate it still should have been stated , how is a new member supposed to know this by telepathy?

#35 TIR0

TIR0

Seasoned

• 55 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 04:41 PM

You're right, but I can't help you :( (unless... how many Daytona $500 events would it take to earn 7500 credits? :D)

Ask Coss about this issue, in PM, mail or in the chat if he's there - I bet he'll find a solution

(edit: I'm using way too many Smilies :D - dang :) :D :| - :))

#36 TGR_M.Walker

TGR_M.Walker

Novice

• 41 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 04:50 PM

Thanks tiro but I didn't say you could help me im just airing my views instead of getting peeved off about it .

#37 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 11 March 2015 - 05:52 PM

discount on credits would be too silly, would be like giving them away for free,.... come on mate SRW has to survive as well

Niranjan Kumar           SQ ~ 1000

India                  Team SDEv

#38 TGR_M.Walker

TGR_M.Walker

Novice

• 41 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:01 PM

im not saying they don't niraceway ,im saying it should of stated it was just a cash discount an not credit discount so new members like me who don't know the norm would know and not do something silly and spend all there credits on the other cars and only save enough for half the credits and I was saying I did this and that why I wouldn't be in the next round comprende!!!

#39 m0LN4r

m0LN4r

Semi-Pro

• 161 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:05 PM

You are not the only one

#40 Mastrorocco

Mastrorocco

Seasoned

• 65 posts
  • Facebook:Massimo Mastrorocco
  • LocationItaly

Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:17 PM

When i begun to play Simraceway i bought a lot of cars..not for 3.75.....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: car of the year 2014, coty 2014, championship, nissan gt-r gt3, jaguar d-type, simraceway 6xj4, honda nsx gt500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users