Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:32 PM

Cant get back to my pc in time....:(

SQ 890 Miles raced: 25k+ Total points: 35k+ Cars:64

#42 TGR_M.Walker

TGR_M.Walker

Novice

• 41 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:11 AM

I had a really good race tonight had some good battles with some people but I was driving a recovery race from the start of lap two where I was 3rd an I was punted up the rear by kobayashi in the braking zone of turn 1 wasn't to fused as I put it down to a mistake by him but I was a little disappointed when he didn't even mention it after the race a sorry my bad or anything, unless that's your way of not letting the noob run away with it as you said lol. anyway I managed to push back up to third position and enjoyed doing it and have to mention TGR_D.Moore and SDEv mastororo had a unlucky incedent going into the chicane on lap 1 an drove a really good recovery race too , here are the replays from my point of view . copy and paste these into youtube as I cant put links in the post for some reason.  

6xj4 championship 500-900 A race edmonton airport  ------ for the full race   

kobayashi incedent        ---------- for kobayashi hitting me    

dazs incedent              ------------for TGR_D.Moore and SDEv_mastororo crash.            

on mattwalker channel.

#43 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:23 AM

I was a little disappointed when he didn't even mention it after the race a sorry my bad or anything, unless that's your way of not letting the noob run away with it as you said lol.

Dude, first of all after the hit I stopped and waited for you to get going again. That was my first acknowledgment. (I lost even more places getting back up to speed and I had to work my way back up from P13.) Second, immediately after the race I apologized in chat. And thanks to the YouTube stream, which magically streams the chat window as well, I have proof! See the pic below. The chat text is a little blurry but it says "sorry matt for the hit". And thirdly, I sent you a PM apologizing again and explaining that I thought I hit my normal braking point. (Looking at the replay, I was a little late.) However, the Simraceway chat has a bug where you can easily accidentally close the PM window without even realizing it was there. Every once in a while you will see someone say "whoever sent me a message, please resend." That's because the person clicked back on the chat box after looking at something else, and he saw the PM window close before he had a chance to read it. Happens all the time, so it's not surprising that you missed it.

And yes, it occurred to me that you would recall my comment about "not letting you run away with the championship." It's just been an unfortunately series of events and comments the last couple of weeks. :P 

On to Cadwell Park!

b54hdx.jpg

#44 sierra28

sierra28

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationArad, Romania

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:17 AM

in real racing the 'mechanics' is just a tool in the tool box...if the driver can't tell what's wrong or how the car feels the mechanics is as usefull as a jackhammer to a swimming pool cleaner.

those who know how to 'use' the mechanics or how to setup must have learned it somewhere isnt ?    and with the close knit community here it would not be long until everyone would have acces to setups or the knowledge to do it themselves, but it seems all one wants here is to run before learning to walk...

what id like is a entirely new class where absolutely no assists are allowed, all flags on, all damage on, tire wear, fuel use and cocpit view locked, but open setups, and maybe some plugins like XD or motec or headtracking.    but i know im dreaming...

@robnitro

Don't worry. I am on 15th place and did not touch the wall with 47.4 but the 2 guys in front of me did.

I don't see a problem with 5 place removal at all. Just that they get into A race with touching wall.

But underline, I could also touch the wall, but don't want to.

I like that everybody has the same setup, so I can at least reach them.

I myself who drive 2 months and for example someone who drives 2 years and knows every detail about setup and track would be not to fair.

In real races they have mechanics to do stuff like that :P  I don't have a mechanic at home... :wub:

I drive without ABS and TC, and hat also problems wiht HOT and bouncing, but since friday I don't.

- There are 3 places on the asphalt where it can come to bouncing

I agree with Lachiasse 99% (apart from cockpit view  :angry: ) . Open setup at least for me it is very usefull since i can setup my car the way i like the way i feel more confortable with the response of the car on different track, i can change the gears the way i like them , but in short i can make the car around my driving style, and from my experience on every track that i run close setup and the same car/track had the option off open setup ALWAYS open setup was way fast (i mean seconds fast, BMW Z4 daytona 3 sec faster with open setup mazda 787 4 seconds, mp4-29 12 seconds and so on these were my last in mind).

So i like open setup because that way if uset it up correctly u have the change to keep up with more faster driver and that is always a good thing  :D

Sierra28 member of SDEv
Sportscar Driving Evolution

We help young teams to get started!

#45 Mastrorocco

Mastrorocco

Seasoned

• 65 posts
  • Facebook:Massimo Mastrorocco
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:57 AM

I want do any considerations:

- i think we all must be calm in race, these are not quick races.

When you enter in a funnel with 14 cars you can't brake to limits(i learned this thing on myself, you can watch that in many races where i always crashed at first turn and Coss gave me penalties)

- i'm happy to see new racers very fast and gritty but must be more correct;

- we had 3 starts, in first and second i passed very clean pilots but we always restarted...in third start i had a good start too but i've been hit 3 times and the last was fatal for me(so i didn't fault....), for me third restart was not necessary....

- when you are qualified for sunday try any starts and first 1-2 laps to find correct brake point on first turn(i've done this last 2 races and i was very well)

These are my opinions...as i said to Cossacco i'm happy to race these championship, fighting for first or last positions i always had fun....

Thank you!

#46 Dude74

Dude74

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBasingstoke, Hampshire

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:09 AM

Sorry for the no show guys. Well done mast, you def sorted your starting/turn 1 skills out. :)

SQ 890 Miles raced: 25k+ Total points: 35k+ Cars:64

#47 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:03 PM

Regarding the chat during the numerous SQ 500-900 A Race restarts about whether a record would be set for restarts, while I was adding some old champs to my champ tables, I found this sequence at the McLaren MP4/4 at Silverstone race in the Performance Driving Championship.  This is the SQ 900-1100 A Race.  I believe there were 4 restarts (5 total starts):

https://www.youtube....D5CK4#t=211m22s

#48 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:44 PM

My first Win in a Live Sunday race came last night in the 900-1100 B race !! :)  ...previously I had won a couple of heat races for mid week champs but never in a sunday race, so im happy !!!....

I didn't have much hope this week end as I struggled to get to grips with this track , even though Edmontion looked a simple layout I lacked pace here , so I started the B race from pole but wasn't too sure if I could go for a win , I had a very good start and very soon me and TIRO had broken away with a big lead from the rest of the pack , and we had a great duel !! during the first part of the race I made a lot of mistakes and TIRO passed me and built up a small lead , after that I focussed hard and  slowly caught back upto him and it was his turn to make mistakes so I saw an opportunity and took it to regain the lead and it was a close race till the very final lap but I managed to defend my position , and take the win !!!

then I got promoted to the A race and was doing well and made up lots of positions and was running in 8th when there was a little lapse in concentration and I hit the wall destroying my car.

it was again a great showing by SDEV with 2 participants in the 500-900 A , 5 in 900-1100 B and 3 in 900-1100 A !!!!  congrats mates, Well done !!! and thank you to everyone for the races !!!

Niranjan Kumar           SQ ~ 1000

India                  Team SDEv

#49 TIR0

TIR0

Seasoned

• 55 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:51 PM

Very accurate description of our battle nira :)

I tried so many times to overtake you but you were defending very well. I thought I just keep trying, he will make a bigger mistake sooner or later :) You had a few little mistakes but none big enough for me to pass, T1 and last turn were my only opportunities and I tried there every time. Finally one attempt worked out in the last turn you went the narrow corner entry and I finally made this undercut stick. Then, later we caught up to lapped cars and that brought me out of my rhythm. Now it was your turn and you surprised me really well there, it almost hurt how good your overtake was :D.

Then I caught up again, but once again couldn't get past. Last lap I tried too hard in T1 and pushed you wide a little bit. That would have been a dirty pass, so I let you trough immediately - the end.

It was an awesome battle nira 

In the A race you were again behind me... "oh no, not this again" I thought :D I thought "leave me alone", and you did. What a relief :D

Too bad, it could have been the next episode of our battle...

#50 Jll02

Jll02

Semi-Pro

• 136 posts
  • LocationBahrain

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:57 PM

Big shout out to TGR for an amazing job on their debut!

Join the Renault Megane Trophy Tour! 

#51 m0LN4r

m0LN4r

Semi-Pro

• 161 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:26 AM

Well what should I say.

I wanted to drive behind, take it easy and be last, after the crashes in the first corner.

But there were two guys, who seemed reachable. I think that i passed them once, cuz they did a mistake while reaching someone else.

That I was hell no... I have to keep this position to the end. But it was around half of the race.

Then I met Kobayashi10 it's in the video stream. I got so nervous that I generally started doing mistakes like a little kid. hehe :lol:

I thought i will be last again, but i didn't hahaha.

Ty guys, for the very fun race.

My own highlights in the video:

01:13:00

http://youtu.be/82-5Jj6j0kA?t=1h12m59s

Oh now I see, I was wttnn1 and asphaltpfliege... Well yes they beat me with experience :)

SQ: 820ish -- Miles Raced: 12000 -- Team: ATS -- RIG: DFGT + TV

Need advice for gaming build or workstation? Ask me, don't be so shy.

#52 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:30 PM

Hey peoples, while filling in more old champ tables, I found a midweek champ that featured a two-class race, with the Mazda 787 and the BMW M3 GT2.  The two classes were scored separately of course, and the Mazda race was 28 laps, while the BMW class did 23 laps.  There was also a mandatory pit stop.  To see how the race went, download the replay here:

https://www.simracew...ine_racing/7426

If you're not familiar with downloading replays from the event page, I believe you have to save the file name with the first character being a letter.  I think if the first character of the file name is a number, the file won't show up in the replay list in the game.  The location of the replay folder to save the file to looks something like this (in Windows 7):

C:\Users\YourWindowsLoginName\AppData\Roaming\Simraceway\REPLAYFRIDGE\REPLAYS

So take a look at the race.  It looks pretty cool to me.  If you like the idea of running a two-class race, let Coss know, maybe we can do it in a future championship.

#53 m0LN4r

m0LN4r

Semi-Pro

• 161 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:13 PM

Huh, tried cadwell park. Must say that it's the most difficult track i've driven so far.
I would rate it intermediate+ for myself.

This week I think that I will not be racing on sunday, don't have enough time for practice.

SQ: 820ish -- Miles Raced: 12000 -- Team: ATS -- RIG: DFGT + TV

Need advice for gaming build or workstation? Ask me, don't be so shy.

#54 TIR0

TIR0

Seasoned

• 55 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:58 AM

During live races I was informed that I was given a grid penalty. I said I would complain. I hesitated long, but I think I have to do it. Because:

While I did the lap I didn't even notice that I touched a wall. When I watched the replay I saw that I actually touched it. Touch is the right word here, because it is such a gentle touch that it wouldn't even scratch the paint. The car doesn't even move any bit during this touch. It had exactly 0 effect on the lap time.

I thought you would get a penalty if there was a real bump, not every slightest touch...

I understand you Coss that you can't analyze every touch if it had effect on the lap time, because you have to check all laps quickly (56 laps I guess?). But I think you could actually save time if you only penalized "real touches" which actually changes the car's behaviour at least a bit... some more tolerance pls? :)

But I'm not mad, because I had a great race weekend which resulted from this anyway :D

#55 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:06 AM

While I did the lap I didn't even notice that I touched a wall. When I watched the replay I saw that I actually touched it. Touch is the right word here, because it is such a gentle touch that it wouldn't even scratch the paint. The car doesn't even move any bit during this touch. It had exactly 0 effect on the lap time.
I thought you would get a penalty if there was a real bump, not every slightest touch...

I took a look at your lap.  Coss posted a detailed description of how he evaluated contact.  Your hit generated sparks, a clear violation.  

#56 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:16 AM

Tiro, this is exactly the problem, they cannot make it a penalty to hit the wall.  So, it has to go by some standard and then this is how they penalize.

But my problem is that if a wall hit is X penalty- what would stop someone from who can't make the A race to hit the wall, to get into A race- despite starting at last place, they are better off points wise than the B race?

Also, odd, why would this be a problem NOW- and not in the past with other cars?  Everyone knows that I dislike this car, and that is what I am hinting at.  The car with it's 50/50 center diff pushes (understeers), and yes, hitting walls helps this car. 

#57 David

David

Novice

• 26 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:26 PM

I´m so sorry Kobayashi10... (i´m mapaschito- the keyboard raccoon driver). While we were racing (2nd try actually :unsure: ) at championship practise, a customer arrive to my workstation out of time!!! and had to stop playing... then you went sleep and thats why i´m trying excuse myself... damnit... im so srry... have a nice dreams and see you tomorrow!!

#58 TIR0

TIR0

Seasoned

• 55 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:33 PM

I took a look at your lap.  Coss posted a detailed description of how he evaluated contact.  Your hit generated sparks, a clear violation.  

Oh, I have special effects off in the video settings, so I don't see the sparks :D (they're ugly anyway :P)

But still i find that penalty very harsh for such a slight touch. I mean this penalty pushed me out of the A race. (if the other penalties stayed like they were)

#59 LolinFOX

LolinFOX

Seasoned

• 54 posts
  • Locationfrance lyon

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:40 PM

rules was clear, any contact with wall will end with penality, whatever if it's gain or loose time.

#60 TIR0

TIR0

Seasoned

• 55 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:26 PM

Ok, what if it is a bad rule? Should we all stay calm and obey the rules anyway?

I have one more ace in the hole:

My previous PB was .510 I think, I was still in front of ingange, who qualified for A race after penalties were applied. 

As I said I didn't realize in my last PB that I touched the wall, so I didn't abort the lap. Would it be possible to dq the lap afterwards? idk

I accepted the penalty, I didn't rage right away, but waited to post it on the forum later.

What I want to say is that this rule is too simple and doesn't suite all cases.

In doubt I would see if the car's behaviour was even changed by the touch. Penalizing every little touch is too harsh, in real racing nobody would get a penalty from scrubbing some paint on a wall...

Best solution would be if the walls would give penalties, or dq the lap when touched. But it's currently not possible to further develop the penalty system, I heard...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: simraceway 6xj4, championship, 6xj4, troyton raceway, edmonton, cadwell park

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users