101 replies to this topic

#21 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 11 February 2015 - 04:15 AM

Yeah the Sunday races srw-style can be pretty addicting.  Now we gotta make sure the noob doesn't run away with the championship.  We don't want you thinking the racing here is too easy.  :P   :rolleyes:

#22 TGR_M.Walker

TGR_M.Walker

Novice

• 41 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 04:24 AM

lol.

#23 Dude74

Dude74

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 653 posts
  • LocationBasingstoke, Hampshire

Posted 11 February 2015 - 02:37 PM

Hey Dude, if you have DSL and that's having issues, I suggest you do a "home run" wiring.  It requires some basic electrical skills but is not hard if you are ok with tools.

Basically, at the main point you connect the dsl modem, and put a filter there that feeds the normal in house phones.

It gets rid of interference that the dsl modem would pick up from inside wiring.

If you need more details or cannot find instructions.... message me.

Thx, Rob. Yes Ive been through my collection of dsl filters (i have 6!) Sky really suck in my area.

SQ 890 Miles raced: 25k+ Total points: 35k+ Cars:64

#24 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:53 AM

Crap, I need a ruling from Coss on my hot lap.  There's no info posted for Round 2 yet so I don't know what the deal is.  Is the same rule as at Troyton about contact with the wall in effect?  I've never heard of a rule like this being used at Edmonton so maybe not.  On my fast lap of 0:47.209 I made contact with the wall.  If this round has the same rule about contact in the hot lap, can you please remove that session and go to my next fast lap of 0:47.238?

Link to hot lap session with questionable 0:47.209 lap (Lap 22)
Link to hot lap session with legit 0:47.238 lap (Lap 19)

#25 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts
  • LocationHorley, England.

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:59 PM

Thx, Rob. Yes Ive been through my collection of dsl filters (i have 6!) Sky really suck in my area.

Are you sure it's just your area or have Sky slowed you down?  Sky is one of these companies that in busy areas will throttle peoples connection down if they are not fully using their speed, even though they are not meant to if you are on unlimited. I use to get around 6 mps, then a couple of months ago I noticed that my Sky service had got quite slow and was down to 0.7 mps. After t/shooting on the phone with Sky they couldn't find anything wrong and then did a 72 hours "line test". When they didn't call me back after 4 days I called them and an got through to someone who said they could adjusted it from here and then instantly I was back up to 6 mps.

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

#26 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:17 PM

Crap, I need a ruling from Coss on my hot lap.  There's no info posted for Round 2 yet so I don't know what the deal is.  Is the same rule as at Troyton about contact with the wall in effect?  I've never heard of a rule like this being used at Edmonton so maybe not.  On my fast lap of 0:47.209 I made contact with the wall.  If this round has the same rule about contact in the hot lap, can you please remove that session and go to my next fast lap of 0:47.238?

Link to hot lap session with questionable 0:47.209 lap (Lap 22)
Link to hot lap session with legit 0:47.238 lap (Lap 19)

Yes, the same rule as in Round 1 at Troyton Raceway. 

If anybody else is in a similar situation as Kobayashi, then please request a removal of your session, unless you don't mind a grid penalty. 

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#27 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:33 AM

Yeah, but did you try wiring the modem direct to the main line- and have all of the house wiring go through a filter?  You only need one filter in that case... What you might be talking about is where you still have to put filters on every jack, which means that the house wiring itself is unfiltered to the dsl.  Way back when I lived in the south, the house wiring was rubbish- so until I did that, I had internet speeds that would sometimes be slower than dial up- cause the humidity was making the inside house wiring have interference.

#28 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:34 AM

Would it be possible to have more than one server for hotlap?  With a laptime below a minute, it can get quite crowded with a few people already!

#29 m0LN4r

m0LN4r

Semi-Pro

• 161 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:21 AM

It can get crowded with 2 people only. I was racing in the morgning and almost every lap, there was a guy in my way.

SQ: 820ish -- Miles Raced: 12000 -- Team: ATS -- RIG: DFGT + TV

Need advice for gaming build or workstation? Ask me, don't be so shy.

#30 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 11:34 AM

There are two servers running in both SQ groups, ever since late Wednesday.

Regarding the rule of contact. It has to be a clearly noticable hit from a visual and sound perspective (or either one of them). There is a margin of tolerance for issues with latency, which might make the car appear in a slightly (minimally) different position from the server side, than it really is on the local side. I underline the word minimal in this case.

So, there are pretty much 4 types of contact. A minimal rub, which doesn't generate sparks, doesn't generate sound and doesn't affect the car; a minimal rub, which doesn't generate sparks, doesn't generate sound, but does affect the car; a clearly visible hit, which does generate sparks, doesn't generate the sound and does minimally affect the car; a clearly visible hit, which does generate sparks, does generate the sound and does affect the car. First one, so the minimal rub is within the margin of tolerance. Unless the issue with latency is relatively too large, then it becomes a completely different topic. 

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#31 Dude74

Dude74

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 653 posts
  • LocationBasingstoke, Hampshire

Posted 14 February 2015 - 11:58 AM

It can get crowded with 2 people only. I was racing in the morgning and almost every lap, there was a guy in my way.

No different than a proper quali session.

SQ 890 Miles raced: 25k+ Total points: 35k+ Cars:64

#32 m0LN4r

m0LN4r

Semi-Pro

• 161 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 05:26 PM

Dude I don't know where are you from but, in my hometown there were also nonstop problems with dsl.

They improved the signal with changing some cables for new ones and putting an amplifier somewhere around 3km from my house.

But that was after I think 10 people in the village went to the provider in person.

#33 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:26 AM

Ok, this penalty system needs to be changed.

I was doing laps, not too good w this car, but 47.7. 

Then next lap I tapped the wall got one yellow damage, and the lap was 47.6! 

NOW HERE IS THE PROBLEM THAT I REALIZED IN MY CONUNDRUM. 

Someone last minute will be trying to do better, tap the wall and invalidate his legitamate time!

Then they either can do a better clean lap, or WAIT until it's removed to use their old time.  Coss, are you able to look at older laps to find their second best lap or does this removal have to happen first???  Its going to hurt to get penalized 5 positions for a bump that only gives .1 at best (unless someone found a better way).

So why can't you just set up a time penalty for wall hits, like the off road penalties?????

Then you wouldn't have to worry about this mayhem of cancelling laps, which is not going to be good for the last minute lappers.

Also, please please can we do something with supercars/street cars next champs? 

What's the point of having race cars that have locked setups?  If I want a locked setup, I'll drive a street car!!!

Sorry, but this 6xj4 default setup is really bad, it bounced at Troyton, bounces here too at Edmonton and same issue, one of the front tires BURNS UP HOT, even with tc on medium.  In real life racing they do use tire temps to tune the suspension, and in this case, the front end is way too stiff - or too much ARB which is making such uneven heat up front.... That's why it is also aggravating to drive fast, lol.

Edited by robnitro, 15 February 2015 - 09:49 AM.

#34 RandomnessInside

RandomnessInside

Pro

• 365 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:12 AM

So why can't you just set up a time penalty for wall hits, like the off road penalties?????
Then you wouldn't have to worry about this mayhem of cancelling laps, which is not going to be good for the last minute lappers.

Also, please please can we do something with supercars/street cars next champs? 
What's the point of having race cars that have locked setups?  If I want a locked setup, I'll drive a street car!!!

Sorry, but this 6xj4 default setup is really bad, it bounced at Troyton, bounces here too at Edmonton and same issue, one of the front tires BURNS UP HOT, even with tc on medium.  In real life racing they do use tire temps to tune the suspension, and in this case, the front end is way too stiff - or too much ARB which is making such uneven heat up front.... That's why it is also aggravating to drive fast, lol.

We were talking about the wall hit penalties, and why there is no such system. Coss answered simply that the development on the penalty system was stopped, as such the wall contact penalties were overlooked and never implented.

Also, what's the point of bringing locked setups? Simple. It's the same for everyone, so the competitiveness is higher and good for those with no good set up knowledge.

Lastly, as far as I'm aware the car does not bounce at all in Edmonton really. You have to avoid the kerbs except for the chicane. Otherwise I have not noticed any bouncing at all.

Active since October 2014
Wheel: Logitech G27
Check out my YouTube.

#35 m0LN4r

m0LN4r

Semi-Pro

• 161 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:22 AM

@robnitro

Don't worry. I am on 15th place and did not touch the wall with 47.4 but the 2 guys in front of me did.

I don't see a problem with 5 place removal at all. Just that they get into A race with touching wall.

But underline, I could also touch the wall, but don't want to.

I like that everybody has the same setup, so I can at least reach them.

I myself who drive 2 months and for example someone who drives 2 years and knows every detail about setup and track would be not to fair.

In real races they have mechanics to do stuff like that :P  I don't have a mechanic at home... :wub:

I drive without ABS and TC, and hat also problems wiht HOT and bouncing, but since friday I don't.

- There are 3 places on the asphalt where it can come to bouncing

#36 lachiasse

lachiasse

Semi-Pro

• 179 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:54 AM

in real racing the 'mechanics' is just a tool in the tool box...if the driver can't tell what's wrong or how the car feels the mechanics is as usefull as a jackhammer to a swimming pool cleaner.

those who know how to 'use' the mechanics or how to setup must have learned it somewhere isnt ?    and with the close knit community here it would not be long until everyone would have acces to setups or the knowledge to do it themselves, but it seems all one wants here is to run before learning to walk...

what id like is a entirely new class where absolutely no assists are allowed, all flags on, all damage on, tire wear, fuel use and cocpit view locked, but open setups, and maybe some plugins like XD or motec or headtracking.    but i know im dreaming...

Sportscar Driving Evolution

We help young teams to get started!

#37 m0LN4r

m0LN4r

Semi-Pro

• 161 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:17 AM

Without a new class, there is no point doing that unless you want to remove 20-30% of potential new players.

It's just a narrow way of thinking, which would results in less and less players after a short period of time.

There is already a huge gap between novices and semi-pros, but some need 50x less time to get the same result, but have the same amount of time available to practice in real life.

But we should talk about the race here, which will be today and the competition is very hard.

#38 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:56 AM

I've just moved the ending time of both Hot Lap 2 qualifiers one hour back. I need that extra hour to complete reviews of all Hot Laps on time.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#39 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:28 PM

Well, I don't know why but I'm not being very fast, I can do 0:48 with luck, but sometimes I can do 47:XXX o.O and I simply dont know why xD 

Pity that the ghost car isn't a ghost car...

Oh, and what's all this fuss of the walls about?

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#40 m0LN4r

m0LN4r

Semi-Pro

• 161 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:05 PM

I noticed that, it's a lot faster to drive with no-slip (-0,5s) and constant speed through the long corners,

but breaking at the right time sure makes 0,5s difference too, but thats difficult to do

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: simraceway 6xj4, championship, 6xj4, troyton raceway, edmonton, cadwell park

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users