• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ComputerWhiz

ComputerWhiz

Seasoned

• 93 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:52 PM

I have installed Simraceway on two different computers. One is running Windows XP and the other is running Windows 7. Almost every other quick race that I play tells me that the connection has timed out.

I am plugged into my internet, rather than using WiFi. I am running a 5 Mbps connection.

I've tried turning off my antivirus and my firewall to see if these things are disconnecting the game, but it did not fix the issue.

#2 KZ2Iceman97

KZ2Iceman97

Novice

• 47 posts
  • Facebook:Cameron Scott Dance
  • Twitter:KZ2Iceman97
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:49 PM

The problem is the same as with any online game and is more common than you think (not so much with SRW but in general). If you can't join or time out quite a bit when playing multiplayer, it means you have a network issue, not a computer issue. Best way to fix this problem is to simply restart your modem. There is no permanent fix for it but restarting your modem is the only real way to fix it till it starts to do it again

KZ2Iceman97 Both sim & real world racer | The flying Kiwi 
iceshard989 on YouTube | KZ2Iceman97 on Twitter | Cameron Scott Dance on Facebook

#3 DonSolo45

DonSolo45

Novice

• 20 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:07 PM

I have had this problem for the past two years nothing was able to fix it. It has to be something on simraceways end. I have over 500 games on steam and not one problem like this. I have also did a fresh install on a new pc and still got the same problem even changed routers nothing seems to fix it so again it points more to simraceway end.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users