HondaHSV_Side_logo.png

HondaHSV_RearThreeQuarter_logo.png

Top Speed: 203 MPH
0-60: 3.3 Seconds
Horsepower: 500 @ 8100 RPM
Torque: 488 @ 6000 RPM
Transmission: 6 Speed Semiautomatic
Drivetrain: RWD

Honda had a lot to live up to when it came to replacing the vaunted NSX GT500. Although it didn't make it to production due to the global economic downturn, the chosen successor, the “HSV” (“Honda Sport Velocity”), was cleared to compete in Super GT’s 2010 season thanks to its obvious production readiness—and the racer certainly made the most of the opportunity!

Shoehorned into its body, the HSV’s V8 was capable of generating almost 500 bhp from only 3.4 liters of displacement. Putting down power to its rear wheels via a Ricardo six-speed sequential transmission, its curb weight of only 2,400 lbs meant that its top speed was as fast as some GT1 Le Mans cars.

The HSV proved popular at the start of the 2010 season, with five of the thirteen GT500 teams choosing it over its Lexus and Nissan rivals. By the end of a close-run campaign, despite having only won one round, the car’s consistency saw it take the Weider Honda Racing team of Loic Duval and Takashi Kogure to both the Drivers’ and Team Championships in its debut season.

To race Honda’s 2010 Super GT champion, download the HSV GT500 today on Simraceway.

HondaHSV_Top_logo.png

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#2 RK2129

RK2129

Contributor

• 7 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:11 PM

There is a problem with the HSV GT 500 at several tracks. The view in the mirrors is on the opposite sides. For example if you drive at Circuit of the Americas in the normal direction (not reverse direction), the mirror views are reversed on the sides of the car.

Ray

#3 Clemsie McKenzie

Clemsie McKenzie

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 08 April 2015 - 01:24 PM

Test Drive Tuesday review: 2010 Honda HSV GT500
04/07/2015

By the end of 2009, Honda announced that its Super GT racer, the NSX GT500, would retire following a change of regulations that now only allowed frond-engined, RWD cars. Its successor would be the HSV, a concept-car that was supposed to prefigure the arrival of a front-engined NSX, but never became a production car.

And here I must stop a bit to explain this: Super GT rules are nuts. It’s a GT championship that seems very normal if you don’t look too close. But I believe the HSV GT500 provides us with a very good example of all the weird stuff that are going on in this championship. The HSV, as I said, was only a concept car. But apparently that’s enough to make it into a production-based racing league. Another feature of the HSV GT500: it uses the 3.4L V8 engine found in the Super Formula cars (which by the way explains the epic noise it makes). A bit like if you strapped the Formula Renault 3.5 engine in the Megane Trophy. Add to that downforce to rival DTM and what you’ve got is probably the fastest GT-racing series… In the world.

So is this the perfect GT racer?

Pretty much. It’s an absolute blast to drive. You see, while it might be down on power compared to a GT3 car. But it’s a lot lighter (1 100kg, while a GT-R GT3 weighs in at 1 300kg), and has way more downforce. And you can feel all of that, all the time. Actually, it’s a very refreshing experience when you’re used to GT3s: drive it through Silverstone fast-bends and you’ll find the HSV to be very well balanced, nimble car. Something that, in my eyes at least, most GT3s fail to accomplish.

It’s a very easy car, too. The brakes are stupendous, extremely powerful and very usable. The front-end feels light, and nails apexes with ease. Yes, the rear can be a bit too loose if you cross the limits of the car. But that’s not something you have to do to be fast, and if you have a bit of experience with GT cars you’ll quickly understand where those limits are and what you have to do to circumnavigate them. No driving assists are needed here, and I know some GT3s that can’t say the same. And you can really feel that downforce.

This is why it’s now my favorite GT racer to drive. And probably the fastest in Simraceway. But it has, I’m afraid, some flaws.

The main problem with it is the absence of competition. Yes, there’s always the NSX GT500, but it’s probably going to be slower. And even if it wasn’t, one out-dated competitor is never going to be enough if you compare that to the GT3 and GT2 classes. Racing with 4 very different cars is at least half of the fun of the GT3s, and you are going to miss this diversity. Add to this the fact that it’s realistically going to be a less popular (hence less raced) car, and you’re not going to race it a lot. It’s also more expensive that the other GTs (NSX excluded) and doesn’t have the same ‘racing-supercar’ status.

In the end, the choice is up to you: it all depends on where you draw the line between racing and driving.

Me? I’ve started saving Credits for it.

Here is the link to the Test Drive Tuesday Leaderboards: https://goo.gl/ATr6mF

SQ currently around: 875 - car collection: 55 (Gotta catch them all!) - ingame ID: RAFU_Alonso

The link to the Test Drive Tuesday cars leaderboards: https://goo.gl/ATr6mF

#4 ComputerWhiz

ComputerWhiz

Seasoned

• 93 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:45 AM

This is a great car. Fast and handles extremely well.

I recommend taking this car to Zandvoort.

#5 DR3D9

DR3D9

Semi-Pro

• 101 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:34 AM

csr-ss4-sn400-ff60

onboard video=youtube> lap on board suzuka hondahsv-010 weider

a testament to srw physics, dynamics and simulation. I was spinning the hsv for a while today, went to the video got my sim set up down and solved my problem.

the head movement is the best of the srw cars. need some of that jitter on the topless units very much so on the older ones like the blower or Bugatti 51.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2010, honda, hsv, gt500, honda hsv, honda hsv gt500, 2010 honda hsv gt500, super gt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users