Photo

Vote for Car of the Year 2014

car of the year 2014

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Simraceway's Car of the Year 2014 (82 member(s) have cast votes)

Which car, in your opinion, is Simraceway's Car of the Year 2014?

1. 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STI S206 NBR Challenge (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 1968 Chevrolet Camaro RS/SS (1 votes [1.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.22%

3. 1970 McLaren M8C (1 votes [1.22%] - View)

4. 2012 Dallara IndyCar DW12 (all liveries) (5 votes [6.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.10%

5. 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray (0 votes [0.00%])

6. 2012 Pagani Huayra (1 votes [1.22%] - View)

7. 2012 Nissan GT-R GT3 (21 votes [25.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.61%

8. 1955 Jaguar D-Type (12 votes [14.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.63%

9. 2014 McLaren MP4-29 (4 votes [4.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.88%

10. 1973 Lotus 72 (5 votes [6.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.10%

11. 2011 Seat Leon WTCC (all liveries) (3 votes [3.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.66%

12. 2011 BMW 320TC and 320si WTCC (all liveries) (2 votes [2.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.44%

13. 2011 Chevrolet Cruze WTCC (all liveries) (0 votes [0.00%])

14. 2011 Volvo C30 WTCC (0 votes [0.00%])

15. 2011 Fiat 500 Abarth Assetto Corse (2 votes [2.44%] - View)

16. 1977 Pontiac Firebird Formula (2 votes [2.44%] - View)

17. 2009 Honda NSX GT500 (9 votes [10.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.98%

18. 2010 Honda HSV GT500 (3 votes [3.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.66%

19. 1990 Simraceway 6XJ4 (11 votes [13.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.41%

Vote

#1 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:09 PM

Hello Everybody!

Welcome to the official Simraceway's Car of the Year 2014 forum thread  :)

For the past month, we have been running a poll on our Facebook page, allowing you to vote for Car of the Year 2014. It involved every single car that we released within the past year of time, except the Simraceway 6XJ4, which joined the grid a couple weeks later.

At the moment, top 10 cars from the poll above are available for an in-game test drive. This is meaning to give you another opportunity to try them out and decide which one is your favorite, as we progress towards the final. Please go straight into the Quick Race lobby and look for events labeled with "Car of the Year candidate"

By moving to this forum thread, we are beginning next phase of the voting process. Facebook poll is now closed and everything moved here. Between today and next Monday, so 5th of January, 2015, every 24 hours two cars with the lowest number of votes will be eliminated. Not completely, just for that particular day. Which means that you will be able to re-think your decision while we progress through the days, test drives and as your opinion about a particular car grows.

Here is the complete schedule: 

Between 31st of December, 2014 untill 1st of January, 2015 (4PM GMT, 17:00 CET) top 10 cars from the Facebook poll will be available for a test drive as the voting continues in this forum thread

Between 1st and 2nd of January, 2015 (4PM GMT, 17:00 CET) top 8 cars from the poll in this forum thread will be available for a test drive

Between 2nd and 3rd of January, 2015 (4PM GMT, 17:00 CET) top 6 cars from the poll in this forum thread will be available for a test drive

Between 3rd and 4th of January, 2015 (4PM GMT, 17:00 CET) top 4 cars from the poll in this forum thread will be available for a test drive

Between 4th and 5th of January, 2015 (4PM GMT, 17:00 CET) top 2 cars from the poll in this forum thread will be available for a test drive

This all means that by Monday, 5th of January, 2015, after 4PM GMT or 17:00 CET we will know the Simraceway's Car of the Year 2014  :)

Take them for a test drive, think about it and make your vote!  B) 

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#2 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:57 PM

I already have my winner.  I know the Nissan GT-R will be a popular vote, and it may be the most used car because of the popularity of GT3, but it doesn't hit on all cylinders for me.

My top 3 are the Jaguar D-Type, Honda HSV, and the Simraceway 6XJ4.

Jaguar D-Type

Plus:  It provides a great visceral experience in all three areas:  it looks great, it sounds great, and the handling is challenging but satisfying when you figure it out.
Minus:  It's expensive; and some people aren't going to like the more challenging handling of an old car.

Honda HSV

Plus:  It looks great; the sound is good (although it's strangely different in and out of the cockpit); it's the sweetest handling GT car in the game—very fun to drive.
Minus: It's expensive; ignoring the mirror bug (which we assume will be fixed), the cockpit would be really nice except for that horrible brace that obscures your view—I can't drive in cockpit view because of that brace; some people won't like that it's an obscure car—it's not legendary in any way.

Simraceway 6XJ4

Plus:  It's cheap; it has great power, light weight and great handling; the short wheelbase and mid-engine design give it such a low polar moment of inertia and edgy handling, but the AWD makes it controllable—this combination makes it the most manic, fun car to drive in SRW.
Minus:  Goofy looking; some people might not like the edgy handling; it's not a real car (well maybe it's a generic version of the MG Metro 6R4).

Although the HSV and 6XJ4 are the most fun cars in SRW for me to drive, the Jaguar D-Type is legendary and well-reproduced in SRW, and I would get the most satisfaction winning a race in this challenging car.  So the D-Type is my car of the year. :)

#3 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:54 AM

I already have my winner.  I know the Nissan GT-R will be a popular vote, and it may be the most used car because of the popularity of GT3, but it doesn't hit on all cylinders for me.

My top 3 are the Jaguar D-Type, Honda HSV, and the Simraceway 6XJ4.

Jaguar D-Type

Plus:  It provides a great visceral experience in all three areas:  it looks great, it sounds great, and the handling is challenging but satisfying when you figure it out.
Minus:  It's expensive; and some people aren't going to like the more challenging handling of an old car.

Honda HSV

Plus:  It looks great; the sound is good (although it's strangely different in and out of the cockpit); it's the sweetest handling GT car in the game—very fun to drive.
Minus: It's expensive; ignoring the mirror bug (which we assume will be fixed), the cockpit would be really nice except for that horrible brace that obscures your view—I can't drive in cockpit view because of that brace; some people won't like that it's an obscure car—it's not legendary in any way.

Simraceway 6XJ4

Plus:  It's cheap; it has great power, light weight and great handling; the short wheelbase and mid-engine design give it such a low polar moment of inertia and edgy handling, but the AWD makes it controllable—this combination makes it the most manic, fun car to drive in SRW.
Minus:  Goofy looking; some people might not like the edgy handling; it's not a real car (well maybe it's a generic version of the MG Metro 6R4).

Although the HSV and 6XJ4 are the most fun cars in SRW for me to drive, the Jaguar D-Type is legendary and well-reproduced in SRW, and I would get the most satisfaction winning a race in this challenging car.  So the D-Type is my car of the year. :)

Thanks for this insight, very nice  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#4 lachiasse

lachiasse

Semi-Pro

• 179 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:09 AM

i voted DW12 because we have a full fleet of different liveries but equal perfs) nice cars to race, a close second would be the WTCC for the same reasons. but WTCC  belong all together :ph34r:

Sportscar Driving Evolution

We help young teams to get started!

#5 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:47 AM

Well, for me it's the Nissan GT-R GT3, that deserves the title of the car of the year.

Various race drivers say, this is the most readable, most intuitive race car on earth. With no other car shall it be possible to climb into the cockpit and feel at one with the machine on the first couple of laps, according to Michael Krumm. And I felt the same way about it, when the GT-R was first introduced to simraceway. No other car in the sim feels less selfish and more like an extension of my own.

On top of that is the GT-R an astonishing piece of engineering. Designed en contre of most modern car manufacturers' taste, when it comes to bodywork. I've never seen a more attractive block of brass.

Furthermore am I impressed with the guts of chief designer Shiro Nakamura, who gave a sigh on the common rules of supercar design. And made a piece of art, that could compete economically, esthetically and racingillybilly with its european big brothers.

There can't be any doubt, that this must be Simraceway's car of the year 2014!

Owner of SDEv
Sportscar Driving Evolution

We help young teams to get started!

#6 Wildseven

Wildseven

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 146 posts
  • LocationRome, Italy

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:31 AM

Nissan GT-R for me

but I would like to vote the WTC (together not only one)   they're fantastic!

#7 Doc-Holladay

Doc-Holladay

Novice

• 49 posts
  • LocationMaryland U.S.

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:55 AM

Voted for the Nissan GTR and the Seat Leon would have to be a close 2nd.

The GTR is an enjoyable ride, plenty of power and overall great handling.

Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built. - Henry Ford  

#8 AresWorksCZ

AresWorksCZ

Novice

• 30 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:56 AM

definitely D-Type for me...but not much chances to race with it... :/

also new GTs 500 arent bad, but its still the class "speed speed speed" and not much challenge to drive at all - so after some while gets little boring.. 

/ / / If you experiencing HW, OS or gaming performance related issues, feel free to PM me ;) / / /

"DRIVE YOUR LIFE"

#9 Fettuccine

Fettuccine

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 663 posts
  • Locationplanet ohio

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:47 AM

I really like the D-Jag and the SXJ4 and for completely different reasons.  The history and heritage and complete class of the Jag are exactly opposite of the pure frightening craziness of the SXJ4.  Both are great fun.  The Stingray comes close to the Jag.  The custom Hotrod is too old to qualify for COTY this year. I like the Abarth and the Camero but not best of year.  The MP4-29 is lot's of fun but I like the MP4/4 better but again too old.  Gotta choose between the Jag and the new punk.  Its difficult.  My adult self says Definitely-Jag but it's late on New Years Eve.  I think the Young crazy punk is winning out now. Am I gonna regret this in the morning ?  Maybe.  SXJ4 wins by a safety pin !

#10 clark10

clark10

Semi-Pro

• 170 posts
  • LocationChampagne - France

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:51 AM

Well

I like Lotus a lot

I like open wheels and really enjoy the champ we did with the DW12

and also the GTR.... was really a discovery for me, I really enjoy it a lot , very efficient car . I saw a lots of funny video about the launch control.

I'm supposed to try it for reel on a track in April or May !

difficult choice but as the Maserati birdcage is not part of the Poll , I will finally choose the D-Type

Regards

SQ : 922 / Miles raced : 83 682 / Car owned : 118 / Favorite : Maserati Tipo Birdcage

Member since 2008. My car collection  : http://bit.ly/1JcnCdQ

#11 DR3D9

DR3D9

Semi-Pro

• 101 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:38 AM

jaguar d type. getting wttc as a class is probly the best addition. the Europeans love it. but I am most thankfull for the inception of gt500. the wttc arrival was excellent, the gt500 class deserved and deserves the same respect. its not a class like gt3 or 2 or wttc. and the roll out of the nsx was shabby at best.

#12 Rolo Tomassi

Rolo Tomassi

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 228 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:18 PM

My favourites on the list are, in alpha order:

Chevy Camaro

McLaren M8C

Jag D-Type

Lotus 72

Getting a number 1 is a tough choice, as I jump at the chance to drive all four, but I choose the D-Type because it has an undefinable something extra that the other three don't.

#13 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:49 PM

I voted for the Seat Leon WTCC :)

It's a good car and it's very easy to drive. Also I like the fact that we have the livery of a portuguese driver, Tiago Monteiro :D As I said, the car is very easy to drive, very controlable, because it's FWD and it has downforce and it has a decent power. Good handling + power= great car. If you push it too much you will get some understeer but you can push a lot before getting it. Also, if you lose your rear wing prepare for the rear starting sliding eheh. I recommend to drive this car with no TC or TC low, so you can push it more and you can have more fun :) Last but not least, this car, and the others WTTC cars, gave us a lot of good and very close racing.

Honorable mentions:

-Indycar: It's a very good car, and I'm feeling more atached to the car (driving it without assists and trying to do a custom setup). The liveries were a very good surprise, but some didn't like the fact that a new livery would cost 5$... nothing like a promotion of 50%, that's why I bought 2 new indycar liveries :) There's not much to say, the car is good, not so fast as a formula 1, but it's not bad, at all :) I would like to see more races with this car :)

-Simraceway 6XJ4: This is a VERY fun car to drive, and I recommend to anyone to buy it :) Loads of poweeer (read it as Jeremy Clarkson) combined with a AWD system and a lightweight car makes a very nice combo :D I wouldn't mind to see more "Simraceway cars", like a Formula S (a 1500 or 2000hp V10 engine, lots of downforce, very good brakes, a very good handling... maybe I'm dreaming lol)

-Subaru Impreza: It seems that this is a car that everyone forgets, but I like it! AWD + a decent engine and you can have a lot of fun with your friends :) Pity that the suspension is too soft, so you feel like you're in a citroen 2cv in the corners (just kiding ahah)

-Nissan GTR GT3: Everyone loves it. Good handling + power + downforce and there you go! Not really much to say, but honestly I didn't fall in love with this car... maybe I just need to drive it again.

-Mclaren MP4-29: Didn't fall in love with this car, but it's definetily good and it was very nice to see SRW become the first game that officialy has a 2014 F1... you almost forget the 8th gear, kers and drs... but it's a great car :)  (and it isn't easy to drive without assists)

The list isn't in any special order 

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#14 YardStick

YardStick

Seasoned

• 98 posts
  • LocationTampere Finland

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:50 PM

I can't decide.

It has to be Seat León, since it opened me the door to the championships

It has to be Fiat 500 Abarth. I earned my first ever "Simraceway-dollar" with it.

It has to be Simraceway 6XJ4, because it is just outrageous!

It has to be Nissan GT-R GT3, because it is blue. (And everybody loves blue!)

It has to be Subaru Impreza, It's always in need of serious punishing. You just have to drive it sideways.

I just can't make up my mind..

"Drive these cars like you drink your coffee! Always with a smile, even if it's too hot at first and you burn your lips. It will taste great after a while!" - Tiptoe -
My YouTube Stuff -- Like! Comment! Subscribe! <-- Shameless request.

#15 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:12 PM

Thank you all for the votes and reasoning behind your decisions. Please keep them coming, it's great to read  :rolleyes:

...and once again: HAPPY NEW YEAR, 2015  :D

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#16 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:24 PM

It's time for next stage, so top 8 from the poll above will be available for a test drive between today and tomorrow. However, given that three cars are tied with 2 votes at the moment, we will extend that to top 9:

2012 Nissan GT-R GT3

1955 Jaguar D-Type

2014 McLaren MP4-29

2011 Seat Leon WTCC (all liveries)

2009 Honda NSX GT500

1990 Simraceway 6XJ4

1973 Lotus 72

2012 Dallara IndyCar DW12 (all liveries)

2010 Honda HSV GT500

See you in the game!  B)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#17 __doodle127

__doodle127

Novice

• 35 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:03 PM

I'm torn between several cars it seems...

-I voted HSV GT500 because it had brought me the best top-tier finish I have had so far, and that sound.....mmm.  However I feel like there are others which could take my vote.

-Having not raced the GT Giants series, I have missed out on competing with the GT-R GT3 car which seems to be a crowd favourite and now having driven it for the first time I can see why.

-I would also have to give my consideration to the NSX GT500 as I have never been off the podium with it in any race.

So tough to choose.   (also, I think its obvious from my three top choices what kind of a driver I am ;)  lol)

TEAM: SDEv    

Car Collection:47     SQ: 1025--1035

Sim Gear: FANATEC- Clubsport Wheelbase v2 and BMW GT2 Rim + CSR E-Inverted Pedals + Clubsport Shifter v1.5

#18 jmoo1

jmoo1

Seasoned

• 66 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:58 PM

McLaren Mp-29 all the way!! Simply cause i love F1 but mainly cause i find it outstanding how the SRW crew managed to put it together and simulate everything that came with the 2014 engine rule... the only thing i feel missing is pressing a button to enable ERS... but without pressing a button it still somwhat feels like its kicking in... and offcourse DRS... so thinking of the limitations i think this car is an outstanding peace of work!!!

#19 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:33 AM

McLaren Mp-29 all the way!! Simply cause i love F1 but mainly cause i find it outstanding how the SRW crew managed to put it together and simulate everything that came with the 2014 engine rule... the only thing i feel missing is pressing a button to enable ERS... but without pressing a button it still somwhat feels like its kicking in... and offcourse DRS... so thinking of the limitations i think this car is an outstanding peace of work!!!

Ah yeah I forgot that SRW does that automatically :P sry. 

PS:jmoo1 I'd like to talk with you about when you come here to Portimão :)

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#20 jmoo1

jmoo1

Seasoned

• 66 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:49 AM

Hey Pedro, ill be there from the 07.03.15-14.03.15. Ill be there with a group of 10 people on a Golf trip and we are staying at the Penina Resort and Spa... 5 mins away from the Autodromo. I can leave the group in the early evenings and have a day free around the 09.03.15 or the 10.03.15...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: car of the year 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users