• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Oldwolf

Oldwolf

Contributor

• 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:21 AM

Hello community,

I use a G27 with H shifter for Simraceway. I also play many other games that require other controllers. I have hooked up my XBox360 controller for a lot of these games. It now seems my G27 will no longer work with Simraceway. When I switch the controller profile to G27 it is reporting joystick buttons instead of the G27 controll buttons and actions like turning left/right. I have mobility issues due to an illness and moving around to unhook my 360 controller every time I want to use Simraceway is not an option.

The reason I think the 360 controller is related to my problem is that Simraceway worked with my G27 before I hooked it up. None of my other race games are affected by this issue and I hope there is a fix.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post,

Oldwolf

#2 clark10

clark10

Semi-Pro

• 179 posts
  • LocationChampagne - France

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:01 AM

Hello community,

I use a G27 with H shifter for Simraceway. I also play many other games that require other controllers. I have hooked up my XBox360 controller for a lot of these games. It now seems my G27 will no longer work with Simraceway. When I switch the controller profile to G27 it is reporting joystick buttons instead of the G27 controll buttons and actions like turning left/right. I have mobility issues due to an illness and moving around to unhook my 360 controller every time I want to use Simraceway is not an option.

The reason I think the 360 controller is related to my problem is that Simraceway worked with my G27 before I hooked it up. None of my other race games are affected by this issue and I hope there is a fix.

Oldwolf

Hi Oldwolf,

I don't have a Xbox controller around so I'm not sure the tip will work :

did you try to create a "simraceway" profile in the G27 profiler and launch the game from it ?

like in the picture at the bottom

Attached Files

SQ : 922 / Miles raced : 83 682 / Car owned : 118 / Favorite : Maserati Tipo Birdcage

Member since 2008. My car collection  : http://bit.ly/1JcnCdQ

#3 Doc-Holladay

Doc-Holladay

Novice

• 49 posts
  • LocationMaryland U.S.

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:12 AM

Hello community,

Oldwolf

You may be able to go into your device manager and look for the 360 controller and disable it. That would, I think, allow your wheel to be the only device available for the game and default to it.

Also, that would allow you to turn the device on and off without having to physically disconnect the 360 controller.

You can find the device manager in your control panel. :)

Hope that helps out, good luck.

Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built. - Henry Ford  

#4 Oldwolf

Oldwolf

Contributor

• 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:41 AM

Hey Thanks for the answers.

Clark10 which executable do I define as the profile game launcher? I want to make sure that the profile is started when I launch the game and if I pick the wrong exe file then it won't "initiate" the right profile. (You can probably see this is above my paygrade so to speak lol)

Good idea Doc Holladay, I think your idea will work.

I am off to give them a try, Keep on Racing my friends,

Happy New Year!

#5 clark10

clark10

Semi-Pro

• 179 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:39 AM

Hey Thanks for the answers.

Clark10 which executable do I define as the profile game launcher? I want to make sure that the profile is started when I launch the game and if I pick the wrong exe file then it won't "initiate" the right profile. (You can probably see this is above my paygrade so to speak lol)

Good idea Doc Holladay, I think your idea will work.

I am off to give them a try, Keep on Racing my friends,

Happy New Year!

Hi Oldwolf

this video will help ( first 60 secondes ) , its for GTR2 profile but principle is the same.

the .exe you should target is "SimracewayGame.exe" which is located in the folder  "program file\simraceway\" 

regards

SQ : 922 / Miles raced : 83 682 / Car owned : 118 / Favorite : Maserati Tipo Birdcage

#6 Ahui

Ahui

Seasoned

• 72 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:43 PM

Hi Oldwolf.

I had same problem.

Solution is really simple.

Open logitech profiler.

Options -> Global profile options. And uncheck "Switch selected device to ID 1".

That option was problem for me.

Uncheck it and put XBOX controller on and adjust buttons for G27.

After that is should work. And you can take xbox controller on and off without problem.

Edited by Ahui, 05 January 2015 - 11:43 PM.

#7 Oldwolf

Oldwolf

Contributor

• 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:23 PM

Thanks for all the replies. I have learned there are many ways to affect my controllers function and many ways they can gum each other up lol. I think the problem is resolved as I have not experienced it again.

Great community!

#8 clark10

clark10

Semi-Pro

• 179 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:56 AM

Thank for the feedback. Yes its a great community and you are welcome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users