• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:30 PM

To make sure that everything works out well, it will be important to keep the other threads clear, so if you have anything to discuss - please do it below.

Related threads:

Christmas 2014: Announcement

Christmas 2014: Pick your favorite car and track

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#2 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:34 PM

One of the first concerns that might arise is one related to currently running, prized events. Don't worry, each of them will be shut down for the time of these test drives and duration extended if necessary. I will keep you informed.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#3 brockie

brockie

Seasoned

• 87 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:19 PM

will they be mixed car QR or just one make races?

Member Since: 24-1-13 ..  SQ: 887 ..  Cars Owned: 125 ..  Miles Raced: 45k ..  Control Input: Logitech F310

If You Want More Inches???  Stroke It!!!!

find me @ https://www.facebook...100001072954188

#4 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:39 PM

will they be mixed car QR or just one make races?

It depends on the suggestions, I will be analysing on the fly and trying to pick the best way to go. It's a tricky situation, but my target is to make sure you all get the most fun out of it, while keeping everything realistic.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#5 brockie

brockie

Seasoned

• 87 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:45 PM

cheers coss :D

Member Since: 24-1-13 ..  SQ: 887 ..  Cars Owned: 125 ..  Miles Raced: 45k ..  Control Input: Logitech F310

If You Want More Inches???  Stroke It!!!!

find me @ https://www.facebook...100001072954188

#6 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:54 PM

Getting closer and closer, just above 1 hour left  :rolleyes:

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#7 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:08 PM

Ok, the global test drive is now live  B)

I might not be fully available in the next 3 hours (Christmas Eve), but will be monitoring the situation. Meanwhile, please keep posting and voting

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#8 sierra28

sierra28

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationArad, Romania

Posted 24 December 2014 - 06:30 PM

:P  the new GIC virtual record 1.11.100 is beaten with audi r18 1.07.728 LOL :D

i just checked actually formula track day has 1.00.xxx, but still great fun  :P

Sierra28 member of SDEv
Sportscar Driving Evolution

We help young teams to get started!

#9 D1AMONDBACK

D1AMONDBACK

Seasoned

• 69 posts
  • LocationExeter, England

Posted 25 December 2014 - 11:50 AM

Happy Christmas everyone

#10 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 25 December 2014 - 12:11 PM

I wanted to report on the multi-car quick races that were set up.

First, people are experiencing game crashes and lag in the multi-car QRs.  I know this has been an ongoing issue, but what I don't understand is why is this not a problem in the WTCC and GT races where multiple cars are available?

I've heard numerous comments from people who are pleasantly surprised with particular cars that they have not driven before, so this all-car TDC (Test Drive Christmas) is really increasing awareness about a lot of under-the-radar cars.

The FSAE, XKR-S, TT RS, and RS4 Quick Race:  This combo has been hilarious and highly entertaining.  The XKR-S is a bit too fast, but the FSAE is well matched with the TT RS and RS4.  If dropping one car would help with the memory problems, I would say to drop the RS4 because it's the least fun car to drive.

The Evo III, Jetta, MR2, and Supra Quick Race:  This combo has been working great.  Driving the Supra, I had great battles with kingdaeho, sierra28 and butragueno in the Jetta.  I think if people drive the Jetta for the first time alone on a track, they will think the car is super slow, but driving it against the much more powerful Supra, people realize how great the Jetta is around corners.  If dropping one car would help with the memory problems, I would say to drop the MR2.

The Mini, MiTo, GT86, and Eclipse Quick Race:  This is also a pretty good group.  Several people had not driven the MiTo before but liked it.  If dropping one car would help with the memory problems, I would say to drop the Mini, which is a bit faster than the other cars.

It's really too bad that these problems exist with multi-car races because they have been hugely fun.

#11 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 25 December 2014 - 01:18 PM

Pity that christmas day is not the best day to race (because it's christmas lol), but I will try to do some races :)

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#12 YardStick

YardStick

Seasoned

• 98 posts
  • LocationTampere Finland

Posted 25 December 2014 - 03:26 PM

This has been a great experoence to test out all kinds of cars I haven't had a chance to try out before. My shopping list got quite a bit longer.. ;)

I believe this type of multi-car-testdrive day would work through out the year.

Maybe once a month there could be TDT-event for a group of less known cars, and rest three tuesdays normal TDT? 

A hilarious group of cars to test once a month. Just to raise awareness of these underrated and forgotten jewels.

Kind of like Retro Hour, but a bit longer and with more cars mess around with.

Does that make any sense?

"Drive these cars like you drink your coffee! Always with a smile, even if it's too hot at first and you burn your lips. It will taste great after a while!" - Tiptoe -
My YouTube Stuff -- Like! Comment! Subscribe! <-- Shameless request.

#13 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 03:31 PM

I've just posted a very important update, please have a look: http://community.sim...cement/?p=18394

;)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#14 sierra28

sierra28

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationArad, Romania

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:34 PM

multi class quick races are huge huge fun , hope Coss that in 2015 u will consider of making them permanent  :D

Sierra28 member of SDEv
Sportscar Driving Evolution

We help young teams to get started!

#15 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:12 PM

A few more comments about the TDC quick races...

I thought the Morgan 3-wheeler at Cadwell Park Woodland Circuit—as suggested by YardStick—was awesome, and it was a lot more fun for me than driving the 3-wheeler at Lime Rock.  It felt like it was more in its natural habitat at the Woodland Circuit.  I hope when the occasional Morgan 3-wheeler quick race is set up, it is more often at Cadwell Park rather than Lime Rock Park.

The Mazda Furai at Assen—also suggested by YardStick—was spectacular, and popular.  We should definitely see this combo more often.

I did several races with the Evo III vs Supra at Laguna Seca.  At the start the AWD Evo III has the advantage and gets off the line much better.  But once they are up to speed, they have a very similar pace.  The difference, though, is that the Evo III is so sweet handling (even though it's soft) and the AWD is very forgiving, while the RWD Supra requires a more skilled driver to keep up the pace.  I'd love to see this become a regular pairing in quick races, like the way the BMW E30 M3 and the Ford Sierra Cosworth are paired occasionally.  If a high-SQ driver finds himself in this quick race with a bunch of low-SQ guys (it happens to MagicSquirrel a lot late at night), he can drive the Supra and tell the others to drive the Evo.

I did a couple of FSAE vs Caterham R300 races at Donington Park National Circuit.  Interesting combo.  The Caterham should be faster, but the handling is more difficult, and a smoothly driven FSAE can keep up.  In general I'd love to see the FSAE show up in more quick races because it is very easy to drive for beginners and keyboard racers.

#16 YardStick

YardStick

Seasoned

• 98 posts
  • LocationTampere Finland

Posted 26 December 2014 - 05:38 PM

I really appreciate the opportunity to explore and test all kind of combinations. That alone makes this Christmas Test Drive succesful.

Plus we saw some good QR's and hopefully managed to create new ideas for future events and QR's.

Thanks SRW. This was a good one.

I often use Morgan 3-wheeler as a practice car when getting to know new tracks. It's slow, but you can still drive it at the limit, but the slower speed gives you more time to react and countersteer etc. Excellent tool for learning. It has to end up to the Ladder at some point! Stop laughing. I'm serious.

The Woodland section is difficult for 3wheeler, and thus offering endless fun and unpredictable race results.
Another track I've found to be rather entertaining with 3wheeler, but not as difficult as Cad, it is AutoClub Interior. Try it out. It's fun. ;)

Pity I didn't really have time to explore all the different combinations as much as I would have loved to. And I almost completely missed out Koba's multi car races... Christmas, you know, family and that sorta stuff.. ;)

There definitely are cars and tracks I'd like to see more in the future. Jetta, 3wheeler, FSAE and R300 are on top of the list.

Assen is my favourite track. It has that certain flow I like. Cadwell and AC Interior are my favourites too..

Limerock is a legendary track, but IMO we have seen it few times too often. Same goes with LagunaSeca. I know Seca is favourite for many and I can understand why, but I never liked it, and it's been in way too many events lately...

- 2.32c -

"Drive these cars like you drink your coffee! Always with a smile, even if it's too hot at first and you burn your lips. It will taste great after a while!" - Tiptoe -
My YouTube Stuff -- Like! Comment! Subscribe! <-- Shameless request.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users