#1 Stiggy

Stiggy

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 209 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW, Australia

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:03 AM

12055_A_20130228195309.jpg

For those who don't already know, V8 Supercars is Australia's premier motor racing category. Over the past 20 years the series was strictly a Ford vs. Holden affair, though this season sees two new contenders, Nissan and Mercedes-Benz.

Five rounds into the season, it is Red Bull/Triple 8's Jamie Whincup who leads the standings, after a dominant weekend in the series' first round in America, at Circuit of the Americas. Whincup's team mate, Craig Lowndes is currently second while Will Davison is the top Ford driver in 3rd place in the standings.

"Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen in Le Mans

Racing and hotlapping for 4 years in Simraceway

#2 3 TheIntimidator

3 TheIntimidator

Novice

• 14 posts
  • LocationBristol,Virginia USA

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

I like the V-8 series, but wish there would be more coverage in the states. I do believe this series makes better drivers than NASCAR and far more entertaining to watch. V-8 drivers make more complete drivers and will have better abilities in other world racing series. How many times has anyone heard of a NASCAR driver going to DTM or FIA GT? Just hoping that stock car racing makes a big change soon, because it's losing its entertainment value quicker than ever before, that saddens me. Anyone else seen this?

"Finishing races is important, but racing is more important."
Dale Earnhardt

#3 Deigima

Deigima

Pro

• Banned
  • 267 posts
  • Locationbyron bay, australia

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:40 AM

im not a huge fan of watching races for hours on end, but i do enjoy watching the first 10 and last 10 or so laps of races, thats where it gets interesting ;)

My youtube playlist for SimRaceway
I like boxy cars.
300fps @ indianapolis :D

#4 RickSpeed

RickSpeed

Semi-Pro

• 238 posts
  • Facebook:Gibbseykins
  • LocationHuddersfield, UK

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:04 PM

A disappointed start to the season for Winterbottom. They just can't get that car straight can they? Great start from the NZ boys this year though. Hoping to see more action from McLaughlin up with the front runners.

SRW Leagues

Home of the SRW Fantasy League - Win Prizes for Guessing the Outcome of SRO!

My SQ: 968

#5 Stiggy

Stiggy

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 209 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW, Australia

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:27 AM

V8 Supercars could have another new manufacturer next year, with Garry Rogers Motorsport expected to switch from Holden to Volvo (http://www.speedcafe...s-announcement/)

"Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen in Le Mans

Racing and hotlapping for 4 years in Simraceway

#6 RickSpeed

RickSpeed

Semi-Pro

• 238 posts
  • Facebook:Gibbseykins
  • LocationHuddersfield, UK

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:04 AM

it's good to see some manufacturers coming back to the sport. I hope they do a bigger tour world wide too. 

SRW Leagues

Home of the SRW Fantasy League - Win Prizes for Guessing the Outcome of SRO!

My SQ: 968

#7 Deigima

Deigima

Pro

• Banned
  • 267 posts
  • Locationbyron bay, australia

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:20 AM

V8 Supercars could have another new manufacturer next year, with Garry Rogers Motorsport expected to switch from Holden to Volvo (http://www.speedcafe...s-announcement/)

sure thats not the new pace car? i mean, its a volvo :P

My youtube playlist for SimRaceway
I like boxy cars.
300fps @ indianapolis :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: real racing, v8 supercars, Ford, Holden, Nissan, Mercedes-Benz, Australia, Bathurst

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users