• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 YardStick

YardStick

Seasoned

• 98 posts
  • LocationTampere Finland

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:51 PM

It seems to me there's something wrong in the MC12 GT1 Force feedback.

It feels like it some how turns on the 'Centering spring'. And cranks it up to max.
Dunno if that's even possible but that's how it feels like.

Wheel is really heavy to turn compared to other cars. (I kinda expected it to be, but not like this!)

Only if your wheel is dead center it doesn't try to rip your arms off, turn it 2 degrees and the FFB is pulling it to the center with max force.

And it brings back the really annoying wheel shake, which disappeared with the Cossacco's Controller.ini fix.

Spoiler

With other cars you can turn the wheel 5-10 degrees until the ffb starts to slowly kick in, and it comes gradually, depending on speed and other things. And no wheelshake...

• I use the controller.ini made by Coss.
  • I got Logitech DFGT.
  • I have all the centering springs and spring-related-whatnots turned off and to 0% by default.
  • Otherwise the overall ffb strength is set to about 60%

Is this just me or does someone else have these weird problems with it?

Please, post here if you recognize any of this.

"Drive these cars like you drink your coffee! Always with a smile, even if it's too hot at first and you burn your lips. It will taste great after a while!" - Tiptoe -
My YouTube Stuff -- Like! Comment! Subscribe! <-- Shameless request.

#2 Gralfindel_PL

Gralfindel_PL

Novice

• 41 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:38 PM

I have Logitech G25 and for me everything works fine, so I guess it's not a problem with the car. I hope you will fix this before the race ;)

SQ: ~1018 | Total miles raced: ~35k | Wheel: Logitech G25
Proud member of SGP :D

#3 YardStick

YardStick

Seasoned

• 98 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:19 PM

I have Logitech G25 and for me everything works fine, so I guess it's not a problem with the car. I hope you will fix this before the race ;)

Thanks for the input. Other g25-27 users have said the same.
All the other cars I own seem to work fine, with this setup. So in that light it has to be related to the car.
I can always turn the whole darn FFB off but that is.. not a solution.
:(

"Drive these cars like you drink your coffee! Always with a smile, even if it's too hot at first and you burn your lips. It will taste great after a while!" - Tiptoe -

#4 sierra28

sierra28

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationArad, Romania

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:15 AM

:D i just love how at your name Gral it says "novice" , and u are full grown alien  :P

Sierra28 member of SDEv
Sportscar Driving Evolution

We help young teams to get started!

#5 Gralfindel_PL

Gralfindel_PL

Novice

• 41 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:18 PM

:D i just love how at your name Gral it says "novice" , and u are full grown alien  :P

haha :D it looks like it depends on posts and Im not writing much, prefer driving   :P

SQ: ~1018 | Total miles raced: ~35k | Wheel: Logitech G25
Proud member of SGP :D

#6 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:27 PM

I have a G27 and I also feel the FFB a bit weird witht the maserati GT1

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#7 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:15 AM

Default setup of the MC12 GT1 has a Steering Lock of 22, which is way too high for degrees of rotation that most of us use (mine for example is 360). This makes the FFB feel very strong and sharp around the center, but go loose much easier (sooner) in the mid corner, due to understeer generated by too high angle on the front wheels

Every event with it has a setup loaded with Steering Lock lowered down to 12, which makes a substantial difference in the FFB area and of course improves the overall drivability.

There are more cars in a similar situation. I will have to attend each of them at some point and adjust the default setup. It definitely might give a wrong, initial impression.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#8 YardStick

YardStick

Seasoned

• 98 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:03 PM

Thanks Pedro & Coss...

Default setup of the MC12 GT1 has a Steering Lock of 22 (...) This makes the FFB feel very strong and sharp around the center...

I don't think it is that. I noticed the steering being way too fast already on the pitlane when I first roller it out of the garage. Went back and dropped it down to 12-15 where I usually keep it. It was better after that ofcourse, but the steering is still quite stiff, and there's this sharp 'empty notch' in the middle.

After reading your post I went for a quick spin and I forced it to understeer. I can feel the understeer building up, like it should, I got a hunch it comes a bit too late. (Anyway, that proves it is not the centering spring like I first thought.)

That understeer thing is OK tho, I hardly ever feel it except with frontwheel drives, it's the sharp notch that bothers me. Wheel jumps over it. I know you can't get rid of it completely, it is present with every other car too, but I wish it wasn't so sharp around the edges. ;)

#9 KZ2Iceman97

KZ2Iceman97

Novice

• 47 posts
  • Facebook:Cameron Scott Dance
  • Twitter:KZ2Iceman97
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:57 AM

I have my FFB on my G27 cranked right up in game but on the profile I have 110% for the overall and spring effects while having the damper setting 150% purely for the realism of driving a car with heavy steering and 270' of rotation since I'm so used to it and since the in game wheel doesn't go past 270' and kinda looks and feels weird going to 300' when I can't go past 270' but only time a get a wheel shake which is more of a engine sort of related shake is the vibration of accelerating from as before my FFB being maxed out in game. It did feel a bit heavier than what other GT cars feel for a car that has power steering compared to something like the McLaren M1B which is a "man's car" because of no power steering

KZ2Iceman97 Both sim & real world racer | The flying Kiwi 
iceshard989 on YouTube | KZ2Iceman97 on Twitter | Cameron Scott Dance on Facebook

#10 YardStick

YardStick

Seasoned

• 98 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:38 AM

Well, I'm not looking for realism with my settings. If I wanted it to feel real, I'd buy a real car instead of Ikea-chair and a plastic wheel and pedals.

I don't want it to feel real but I want it to feel right. I expect it to give me right kind of feedback at the right time. It doesn't have to be as strong as real car.  The G-forces and the movement is absent anyways, so why bother. Just something little to give me a hint what the car is doing is enough.

This time it is something that rather disturbs than helps me..

(...) It did feel a bit heavier than what other GT cars feel for a car that has power steering (...)

^ This! Spot on!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MC12, GT1, FFB, Bug, Maserati, DFGT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users