Photo

Continental Championship

Honda HSV GT500 Laguna Seca Maserati MC12 GT1 Silverstone Honda NSX GT500 Guangdong Day To Night

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:04 PM

hmmm , so we are starting 2015 .. in the dirt ??? :o ..... not my kind of thing :P

Niranjan Kumar           SQ ~ 1000

India                  Team SDEv

#62 jmoo1

jmoo1

Seasoned

• 66 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:27 PM

im not a dirt/rally fan either but after i put some time into it its actually quiet fun... i like watching it in real life but have never driven any kind of rally... so it does take some time to adjust... im sure afterwards all will be pleased and everyone had their share of fun

#63 andybob

andybob

Novice

• 35 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:29 PM

ok for hot lapping not for racing I prefer the track.

#64 sierra28

sierra28

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationArad, Romania

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:57 PM

it will be something different from other champs and i think it will be great fun to participate and watch races on dirt , and the winner of the champ will be the DIRTiest SRW player :D

Sierra28 member of SDEv
Sportscar Driving Evolution

We help young teams to get started!

#65 __doodle127

__doodle127

Novice

• 35 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland

Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:58 PM

Things that are wrong with having an Off-Road Championship:

- The tracks are too long:  Giza takes over 3 mins a lap  "Ain't nobody got time for that!"

- The new Island track will be a disaster for competitive racing:  There will be hardly any finishers with people wrecking off the cliff I can bet you.

- The Off-Road physics are...questionable:  Low speed turns is like driving through a pit of custard, the cars just don't turn!

- The carnage on the first lap.... enough said there.

I know its a nice change up of scenery and racing but just don't believe it will suit championship racing, sorry.  The main thing that would make it more acceptable would be if the tracks were shorter but we can clearly see that nothing can be done there.

TEAM: SDEv    

Car Collection:47     SQ: 1025--1035

Sim Gear: FANATEC- Clubsport Wheelbase v2 and BMW GT2 Rim + CSR E-Inverted Pedals + Clubsport Shifter v1.5

#66 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:15 PM

I wasn't expecting a offroad championship at all :/ My birthday is on 18th January and I was hoping to have a good race that day, but an off road champ might screw my plans, because, honestly, I do not like very much the idea of an offroad champ.

And I really hope that the race on 18th January isn't at Giza (I don't like Giza very much).

Anyway, I will have to think... I have got some tests already in this month, and if the combos do not motivate me, probably I'm not going to race. I hope there are good combos, because rally is an art :)

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#67 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:27 PM

SRW needs some real WRC like tracks- a longstone with gravel/dirt instead of tarmac would be fun. 

I'm not a big fan of the jumpy tracks, WRC does have its share of jumps but not as much as the srw tracks. 

If it is happening, please do open setup!!!  The new car is nice but way too stiff, I prefer a softer suspension with more body roll when it comes to dealing with jumps and corners with weird cambers.

Tropical should also have some barrier on the edge of that drop... :(

#68 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:38 PM

Yeah a more conventional dirt road circuit sounds good.  But I'm fine with the jumpy tracks as long as the suspension can be tuned to handle the landings, which means it has to be open setup.

Although I'm looking forward to an off-road champ much more than a lot of people posting here, I also share their concern about excessive accidents and the subsequent lack of close racing.  That's why I suggested substituting the Evos for the Buggy, but it's too late as the Buggy at Giza is apparently the first race.

Although this would be ridiculous under regular circumstances, in the interest of reducing frustration and having better racing, I would suggest that this championship allow invulnerability to be on.  Otherwise I predict a lot of cursing and DNFs.  :angry:   :o   :P

#69 lachiasse

lachiasse

Semi-Pro

• 179 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:32 PM

try the buggy at laguna seca :lol:   be careful in high speed turns... :ph34r:

may i suggest to reduce the cliff texture resolution to get rid of the slideshow there...im usually running around 300 fps+ and there is undriveable ;)

#70 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:30 PM

What really irks me is that we haven't got any information yet.  Its Wed evening in europe... that is 4 days until end of hotlap (which I can't find up yet) and 4 days until race.

If it is something new, why not start it as soon as possible so if there are issues, we can help SRW narrow them down?

Lachiasse, I too had the same problem.  I can do 200 fps with 4x SSAA (4x the pixels downsampled- most difficult AntiAliasing)-almost 400 without.  BTW, Turning texture quality to medium fixed that issue.  There is a similar issue at Lime Rock at the first few corners- extreme slowdown.  Not to mention, the auto details doesn't work well.. same issue from rfactor1.

What doesn't make sense is that of the 3072 MB on my AMD radeon 7950(@1060mhz/ram1500mhz) , SRW never goes above 1 GB.  So it is not a texture video ram issue.  Also the CPU is nowhere near maxed out (intel i5-2500k quad core@ 4.6 ghz), and 8gb DDR3-1866, also with plenty of free physical memory.

I've tried older drivers and the latest one, same issue.  It's probably one of those poorly optimized maps that work fine on nvidia but not on AMD.  Sometimes it is the other way around and Nvidia cards have problems.

#71 lachiasse

lachiasse

Semi-Pro

• 179 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:46 PM

i have almost the same rig as you Robnitro, 3570k, 8gb ddr1600 at cl 7-9-8-15 and a 7950 3 gb and a 250gb ssd    no oc...

i didnt find anything on lime rock on my side, but i just can't drive around that island, it feels like s.t.a.l.k.e.r.s. out there.....lol.

#72 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:49 PM

So the Facebook page and blog announced the "Off-Road Touring" championship, and the hot lap event labels it as the "Off-road and Touring" championship.  Does this mean the 6XJ4 race will now be on pavement?  I was looking forward to driving it at the island, even if I agree with doodle that it has disaster written all over it.  Actually I think only the 6XJ4 or the Buggy would be a problem racing at the island.  The Evos and the Touareg would be fine and fun.

If only we had a thread...   :)

#73 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:42 AM

If a tarmac road becomes part of this Champ, I hope it's going to be Longstone Pass.

No other track could possibly fit into this bump'n'jump competition.

Owner of SDEv

#74 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:19 AM

Hello All,

I've just transferred all prizes won in this, Continental Championship into your accounts. There are still many gaps to be filled in the main thread, but that will be done tomorrow.

Meanwhile, huge congratulations to 49 drivers, who made it into the prized area  :)​ 

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#75 sierra28

sierra28

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationArad, Romania

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:57 AM

Just great :D , thank you Coss :D

Sierra28 member of SDEv

#76 Mastrorocco

Mastrorocco

Seasoned

• 65 posts
  • Facebook:Massimo Mastrorocco
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:54 AM

Thank you very much Coss!!

#77 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:12 PM

Thank you very much :D :D :D

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#78 acosta88

acosta88

Novice

• 18 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:58 PM

:D  Thank you a lot !!  :D

and Thank you to all staff that make it all this possible.

António Costa 

Portugal    :) 

#79 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:01 AM

Coss you're soooooo close.  I know most people are just happy to get their prize, but since I'm documenting the championships in my champ tables, I'd like to get the data for the last race so I can finalize my table for this champ.  TIA.   :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Honda HSV GT500, Laguna Seca, Maserati MC12 GT1, Silverstone, Honda NSX GT500, Guangdong, Day To Night

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users