Photo

Continental Championship

Honda HSV GT500 Laguna Seca Maserati MC12 GT1 Silverstone Honda NSX GT500 Guangdong Day To Night

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#41 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 27 December 2014 - 06:12 AM

i dont know if it is somewhere posted and i dont see it ? , but Kobayashi if u have the time can u post the points in this champ so far before final round gets on their way :)

Here's the link to the champ tables:

http://bit.ly/srwchamp

Make a bookmark!

#42 sierra28

sierra28

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationArad, Romania

Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:11 AM

Here's the link to the champ tables:

http://bit.ly/srwchamp

Make a bookmark!

thank you Koba :)

Sierra28 member of SDEv
Sportscar Driving Evolution

We help young teams to get started!

#43 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 07:36 PM

All details of Round 3 have been posted earlier today and a set of Practice events is now live. Everything the same as last week, so two night-time based Hot Lap events and 2 Challenge events, one being identical to Race 3 SQ 500-900 A and second to Race 3 SQ 900-1100 A. I highly recommend everybody to do both  ;)

Keep pushing in the qualifiers and good luck!

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#44 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 28 December 2014 - 06:50 PM

Congrats Koba on the champ! 

I was winning partially from luck, you put hard work in and in the end, that is what matters most.

I had found it funny that I never blew an engine in champs and while driving conservatively just to finish 5th or better, I blew one.

Luck is nice, but sometimes it kicks you in the butt :)

Sierra, nice pass there, I didn't want to battle in case of impact, and points wise I didn't need to.

But as we see above, pointswise I got it another way, lol.

Life is like a bunch of gear ratios, you never know what you're gonna get, LOL

#45 sierra28

sierra28

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationArad, Romania

Posted 29 December 2014 - 05:05 AM

Great race, all the race i had to be extra carrefull on engine brake because i blow up engines very easy at the end of the 2 straight , as unfortunatly rob and mastro have demonstrated.

As i said the silvestone incident was a mistake by mastro as he had proved last night allmost all the race he was very close behind and didnt hit me once very clean race and i was braking early so lot of work for mastro to bad forthe second to last corner u deserved that 2th place more then me u fighted for it long and hard.

Sry wttnn for bumping u at the start but i was not anticipate that u will not start , so i could barrely avoid u.

congratz to supercar again a very quick and nice race  :)

Kobayashi congratz to your champ win, and as rob said hard work and consistency pays off  :D

looking forward to 2015 champs with u guys, we are the underdogs here <900 SQ , but we sure give all we now out there on track and our races are also very nice ones to watch, because as the aliens we also fight for every position in race may it be 1st or last  :D

So keep it up guys  :P

Sierra28 member of SDEv

#46 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:07 AM

The Last race of the year didn't go according to plan for me , two contacts from behind sent me spinning off twice and finally a mistake by myself I was off for a third time which messed up my race completely.... but its been great fun here and looking forward to 2015 !!! :)  ... if I can ask Coss one thing , could the races be held about an hour earlier ?? I know its the right time for majority of the players , but for me its about 2.30 AM when races finish !!! :o which makes it really tough for me to stay awake, let alone focus !!! :D  have a Happy new year folks !!!

Niranjan Kumar           SQ ~ 1000

India                  Team SDEv

#47 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:00 PM

After setting a very good time in the hot lap early in the week, I didn't practice for two days around Christmas, and when I started practicing again Saturday night, I was much slower than before.  So for me this was going to be a race of survival—of avoiding crashes and spins.

I had another bad qualifying session and started P9.  At the start I got a good jump and on the first lap moved up to P7.  Very early in the race ProDriverPL spun and I spent the first half of the race in P6.  For the first few laps I had a little pressure from rugbymanbscr behind me, but I could not pressure wttnn1 ahead of me.  On Lap 8 robnitro's engine went up in flames and I was up to P5.  This suddenly put me in the driver's seat to win the championship, and I spent the rest of the race paranoid about blowing the engine :blink:.  My other concern was not losing any more ground to wttnn1, who was now my main challenger in the championship and one position ahead on track.  I maintained my position for the rest of the race until on the last lap, a couple of turns from the finish, Mastrorocco's engine also let go, allowing me to finish a respectable P4.

Looking at the replay, I want to thank YardStick for applying heavy pressure to rugbymanbscr.  I believe their battle allowed me to make a gap on them, easing the pressure on me :).  Sorry to see robnitro's misfortune :(; he surely would have driven a steady race and clinched the championship.  Hondas are usually super reliable!  Looking at the replay, both robnitro and Mastrorocco blew their engines when they shifted from 6th directly to 4th.  I've heard of the G27 having a "double-shift" problem, so this might have been an equipment glitch causing both engine failures.

#48 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:18 PM

if I can ask Coss one thing , could the races be held about an hour earlier ?? I know its the right time for majority of the players , but for me its about 2.30 AM when races finish !!! :o which makes it really tough for me to stay awake, let alone focus !!!

Oh no no no.  That would mean the races would start at 8:00 AM California time, and that's too early.  Simraceway is based in California, so Cali drivers should get some priority here.  :D

If I may suggest a solution for you Mr. niraceway.  Ease up on your hot laps and make sure you qualify for the B race.  You will then get to race one hour earlier and you won't be so sleepy.  :P

#49 sierra28

sierra28

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationArad, Romania

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:44 PM

Oh no no no.  That would mean the races would start at 8:00 AM California time, and that's too early.  Simraceway is based in California, so Cali drivers should get some priority here.  :D

If I may suggest a solution for you Mr. niraceway.  Ease up on your hot laps and make sure you qualify for the B race.  You will then get to race one hour earlier and you won't be so sleepy.  :P

NO NO NO . koba let Nira be in top Alien class where he belongs  :D , at 8am hmmm, almost launch time in europe that hour we wake up very early here :), but seriously now 2.30 is to late to have a proper race let alone in the dark  :D

Sierra28 member of SDEv

#50 sierra28

sierra28

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationArad, Romania

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:45 PM

After setting a very good time in the hot lap early in the week, I didn't practice for two days around Christmas, and when I started practicing again Saturday night, I was much slower than before.  So for me this was going to be a race of survival—of avoiding crashes and spins.

I had another bad qualifying session and started P9.  At the start I got a good jump and on the first lap moved up to P7.  Very early in the race ProDriverPL spun and I spent the first half of the race in P6.  For the first few laps I had a little pressure from rugbymanbscr behind me, but I could not pressure wttnn1 ahead of me.  On Lap 8 robnitro's engine went up in flames and I was up to P5.  This suddenly put me in the driver's seat to win the championship, and I spent the rest of the race paranoid about blowing the engine :blink:.  My other concern was not losing any more ground to wttnn1, who was now my main challenger in the championship and one position ahead on track.  I maintained my position for the rest of the race until on the last lap, a couple of turns from the finish, Mastrorocco's engine also let go, allowing me to finish a respectable P4.

Looking at the replay, I want to thank YardStick for applying heavy pressure to rugbymanbscr.  I believe their battle allowed me to make a gap on them, easing the pressure on me :).  Sorry to see robnitro's misfortune :(; he surely would have driven a steady race and clinched the championship.  Hondas are usually super reliable!  Looking at the replay, both robnitro and Mastrorocco blew their engines when they shifted from 6th directly to 4th.  I've heard of the G27 having a "double-shift" problem, so this might have been an equipment glitch causing both engine failures.

told u Koba that the engine blows up if not carrefull on double downshift

Sierra28 member of SDEv

#51 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:04 PM

Sierra, he means that the G27 wheel can count one click as 2.

I see now the threads about G27 paddles registering one click as 2 sometimes.  Wow, probably with age the spring effect of the switch isn't reliable.  Hopefully it doesn't happen in the future, I'll be on the lookout for a fix but so far nothing that would work on SRW, but one for AC. 

The shift debounce setting in Asseto Corsa can actually take care of this, buy adding an adjustable delay between shifts. It's worked for the most part, though it does nothing to fix the missing shift issue.

Does SRW have some hidden setting for shift debounce? 

Also, any word on the next champs?

#52 Gralfindel_PL

Gralfindel_PL

Novice

• 41 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:34 AM

First of all, thanks for great Championship to all drivers and people who make it possible. I want to say that stationary lights are a great addition to the game, good work SRW.  ;)

Sierra, he means that the G27 wheel can count one click as 2.

I see now the threads about G27 paddles registering one click as 2 sometimes.  Wow, probably with age the spring effect of the switch isn't reliable.  Hopefully it doesn't happen in the future, I'll be on the lookout for a fix but so far nothing that would work on SRW, but one for AC. 

Does SRW have some hidden setting for shift debounce? 

Also, any word on the next champs?

I have the same problem with my G25 sometimes but really rarely. I think there's no in-game setting but you can ask Coss or other staff to make a change in your controller.ini file to make shifts possible for example only every 100ms not faster. 

SQ: ~1018 | Total miles raced: ~35k | Wheel: Logitech G25
Proud member of SGP :D

#53 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:37 AM

This was the first time that it happened for me that I noticed, where the engine blew.

I don't understand why the controller.ini has to be encrypted.  I wouldn't think anything in there would be a cheat.  You can even take a regular controller.ini from rf1 put it there, and as soon as you change anything in srw, it gets encrypted, argh.

#54 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:39 AM

I liked the race (of course lol).

I was expecting a good finish plane, but you never know what can happen in the races.

Congrats to ProDriverPL who almost had a pole position, if it wasn't by only .002 :o

The start of the race was confortable, but after T1 I was surprised how mastrorocco was 2nd.

There's not much more to say, it was a confortable race, because of the big gap I created between me and the 2nd driver. But I was afraid of blowing my engine (because I blew it in cota :P )

I'm happy with the victory, and thanks Liam for transmitting the message I wrote on chat, Sasha really liked it :)

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#55 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:48 PM

Looks like the next champ cars will be the 6XJ4, Buggy, and the Touareg.  I haven't seen an announcement of tracks yet, but my guess would be 6XJ4 at the Island, Buggy at Giza, and the Touareg at Island Reverse.

The buggy is fun but very tricky without 4WD.  I fear that racing the buggy at Giza (or anywhere) will lead to a lot of spun out and rolled cars and not much close racing.  My preference for an off-road champ would be:

6XJ4 at the Island

Touraeg at Giza

All Evos at the Island

The Touareg is a more controllable car to drive than the buggy and will result in closer racing at Giza.  The Evos are slow but fun and easy to drive, and will guarantee close racing.  I hate the Evo X on pavement, but it drives great at the Island.  :)

#56 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 06 January 2015 - 02:27 AM

Throw in the Subaru with the Evos :) 

I like the Subaru best, then the Evo III

#57 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:31 AM

Throw in the Subaru with the Evos :)

I like the Subaru best, then the Evo III

On pavement, I find the Evo III to easily be the fastest Evo.  The suspension is soft but the handling is sweet.  Although the Subaru is faster than all the Evos, I'm not crazy about it.  And I hate the Evo X.  So my preference just for driving enjoyment would be Evo III, Evo VIII, STI, then Evo X.

I hadn't even thought of driving the Subaru at the island until you mentioned it.  So I just went and did a few laps.  These are my times at the island:

Subaru STI:    2:27.489
Mitsubishi Evo X:   2:29.465
Mitsubishi Evo VIII:   2:31.074
Mitsubishi Evo III:   2:31.605

Because of the soft suspension I expected the Evo III to still be the fastest Evo, but it's actually not as good over the big bumps.  I think maybe the suspension is bottoming out.  I discovered that the Evo X gave the plushest ride and was easily the fastest of the Evos.  However, the Subaru was easily 2 seconds faster at the island.  The Evos would not be able to compete, so I would not group the Subaru with the Evos.

#58 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:33 AM

Dear Coss,

The 6XJ4 is the new car, and the Touareg is the $5.00 car, but the Buggy is now a free (1 cent) car, so I think it wouldn't screw up your business plan for me to suggest that you substitute the Evos for the Buggy in the championship.  My reason is that I believe the Buggy will result in a lot of accidents and the Evos will provide much closer racing.  Since the Evo X is the fastest Evo off-road, you can include the other Evos without putting the people who only own the Evo X at a disadvantage.  This would be my suggestion because I believe the Touareg is the best car to race at Giza:

6XJ4 at the Island
Touraeg at Giza
All Evos at the Island

An alternative to just making a switch is to conduct a poll for users to choose the Buggy or the Evos.  This would be a great way to encourage more people to sign up and participate in the forums.

Edit: I just did two quick races in the buggy at the island, and it was as bad as I expected.  People crashing, no close racing.  It might be a little better at Giza but I would still expect a lot of crashes and people really spread out.

Oh, also please make the Off Road Championship open setup!

#59 ingange

ingange

Crew Chief

• 504 posts
  • LocationMaribor

Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:59 AM

Do you guys realy enyoj racing this off road tracks ? For me it feels ......... ! I dot like any of them , and i hope there vill be no off road championship !
Racing is what real men do while the boys play football .

http://addictedtospeed.enjin.com/ <--- Home Of Addicted To Speed

#60 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:24 AM

Do you guys realy enyoj racing this off road tracks ? For me it feels ......... ! I dot like any of them , and i hope there vill be no off road championship !

I'm not crazy about Giza, partly because the lap is just too long, but Tropical Island is a blast and I think a lot of people find it very fun.  I very much enjoy driving the 6XJ4, Touareg, all the Evos and the Subaru at the island.  I guess you're going to have to sit January out, because I'm pretty sure we're having an off-road championship.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Honda HSV GT500, Laguna Seca, Maserati MC12 GT1, Silverstone, Honda NSX GT500, Guangdong, Day To Night

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users