If you are experiencing issues with the "Validating Game Data" process taking a long time when starting Simraceway and/or downloads being listed as failed and requeued in the "To be installed" list of the download manager, please try the following workaround to see if it resolves the issue:
- Create a new Windows user account on the system named "SRWUpdate", make sure the account is an Administrator account and set a simple password such as "default" for it then log in to that Windows account fully then log out of it and back to your normal Windows user account
- Assuming Simraceway is still installed (if not please install it again)
- Close the Simraceway download manager
- Go to the Desktop and press the Windows key + R together
- In the Run box that opens type services.msc
- In the Services window that opens locate the Simraceway Updater Service entry
- Right click on the entry and select Stop
- Right click again on the entry and select Properties
- Select the Log On tab
- Select the This Account as the Log on as option
- Enter the new Windows account username and then enter the password twice
- Select Apply to save the details
- In the Services window right click and select Start for the Simraceway updater service
Start the game client (download manager should open automatically) and check if the issues persist.
If still having problems please email email@example.com citing that you have completed the above steps detailed in this thread.