20 replies to this topic

#1 SwervinIrvin

SwervinIrvin

Semi-Pro

• 150 posts
  • Facebook:SwervinIrvin
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 15 November 2014 - 03:13 PM

Where it starts to watch your speed when entering pit lane is immediately before the turn in to pit lane and also before the lights. On all other tracks the speed limit starts and ends at those lights.

Also, when exiting the CotA pits, the point at which the speed limit is lifted after where it should be.

This makes the pit lane much longer than it really is. I hope you consider fixing this because it is annoying when having to pit and I get a penalty

SwervinIrvin

#2 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 07:52 PM

Thanks for highlighting these again. They are old and were supposed to be fixed in the current release, but it seems like they slipped through. We will definitely fix them somewhere in the next days.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#3 Gralfindel_PL

Gralfindel_PL

Novice

• 41 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 09:23 PM

I also wanted to tell you about a bugged curb at the exit of turn 8, inside. It's making the car fly, like kind of invisible wall or something. It was the reason i spun in last Sunday race :/

COTA-track-informationa.jpg

SQ: ~1018 | Total miles raced: ~35k | Wheel: Logitech G25
Proud member of SGP :D

#4 SwervinIrvin

SwervinIrvin

Semi-Pro

• 150 posts
  • Facebook:SwervinIrvin
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:37 PM

I saw that happen to someone Gralfindel. I never hit but yea there is something there like a ground hog which pops up and launches the car. I think it might be T9 though??

SwervinIrvin

#5 YardStick

YardStick

Seasoned

• 98 posts
  • LocationTampere Finland

Posted 16 November 2014 - 02:21 PM

I can confirm the curb bug. I too managed to get some air time of it. At least on reverse it kicks you airborne if you have to cut it too deep..

"Drive these cars like you drink your coffee! Always with a smile, even if it's too hot at first and you burn your lips. It will taste great after a while!" - Tiptoe -
My YouTube Stuff -- Like! Comment! Subscribe! <-- Shameless request.

#6 lachiasse

lachiasse

Semi-Pro

• 179 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 16 November 2014 - 04:37 PM

i confirm the air time bump on T8, its pretty surprising almost every lap ;-) 

feels like something catches the wheels.

Sportscar Driving Evolution

We help young teams to get started!

#7 sierra28

sierra28

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationArad, Romania

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:17 AM

I also wanted to tell you about a bugged curb at the exit of turn 8, inside. It's making the car fly, like kind of invisible wall or something. It was the reason i spun in last Sunday race :/

COTA-track-informationa.jpg

yes turn 8 in reverse with nsx big fly at the apex, when i tryed to pass gymwahler on the out side

Sierra28 member of SDEv

#8 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:14 PM

Pitlane entry and exit has been adjusted on all related layouts, so Regular, Reversed and National. It's now following the configuration from 2014 Formula 1 US GP.

You can grab the update by resetting the Download Manager.

The curb at Turn 8 will remain the way it is. It's serving a role  ;)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#9 YardStick

YardStick

Seasoned

• 98 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:01 PM

The curb at Turn 8 will remain the way it is. It's serving a role  ;)

If it's serving a role, then why not stop the corner cutting by putting a large orange block of concrete there? Or a large orange low poly Harry Potter, or anything we can see.. 

Now there's a large invisible catapult... (Maybe Mr. Potter left his fathers cloak on it?)
I bet there ain't such thing on the real world version. ;)

"Drive these cars like you drink your coffee! Always with a smile, even if it's too hot at first and you burn your lips. It will taste great after a while!" - Tiptoe -

#10 Gralfindel_PL

Gralfindel_PL

Novice

• 41 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:43 PM

Well, irl if i miss braking point a little i lose 0,5-1s not 5-7 because of a spin...

#11 lachiasse

lachiasse

Semi-Pro

• 179 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:03 PM

eitheir make it visible like the red thingy on laguna seca or prolong the curb a little(its what would be logical in my mind)... or build a wall,

im agains invisibles obstacles ! not that i cant drive even if its there, you learn to take another way around, but it makes things unrealistic and not up to par with the rest of the content here. but again, what do i know...

#12 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:56 PM

If it's serving a role, then why not stop the corner cutting by putting a large orange block of concrete there? Or a large orange low poly Harry Potter, or anything we can see.. 

Now there's a large invisible catapult... (Maybe Mr. Potter left his fathers cloak on it?)
I bet there ain't such thing on the real world version. ;)

Well, irl if i miss braking point a little i lose 0,5-1s not 5-7 because of a spin...

eitheir make it visible like the red thingy on laguna seca or prolong the curb a little(its what would be logical in my mind)... or build a wall,

im agains invisibles obstacles ! not that i cant drive even if its there, you learn to take another way around, but it makes things unrealistic and not up to par with the rest of the content here. but again, what do i know...

I don't make that decision basing on a random thought, but on experience.

Yes, a few guys were affected by this curb in Race 1 of the CotA Championship, but it never really affected the highest level drivers, like the top finishers in 900-1100 group. They just know it's there and make sure that first of all braking point is not missed, second be patient on entry to left hander, rather than attack the curb too much. By the way, have a look at the line they take through there.

It's doing the cutting prevention job very well and doesn't seem to be a major issue at all. If it was, then would definitely be changed into something else.

To me, most important is that the pitlane adjustment is finally here and right on time, prior to the next round. 

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#13 Gralfindel_PL

Gralfindel_PL

Novice

• 41 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:59 PM

Well, I finished 3rd even though I had to save fuel from start to end of the race. That's why I hade to take agressive line, to keep as much speed through the corner as I could because I couldn't push on straights. I just mean that mistakes sometimes happen anyway and it just punishes for them too hard.

#14 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 06:08 PM

All right, I decided to take it back to our lead track artist for further consultations. He is looking into it and I believe coming up with an alternative solution. No ETA.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#15 YardStick

YardStick

Seasoned

• 98 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 06:17 PM

All right, I decided to take it back to our lead track artist for further consultations. He is looking into it and I believe coming up with an alternative solution. No ETA.

Woohoo! I hope we get to see Orange Harry Potter. ;p

#16 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:17 PM

Woohoo! I hope we get to see Orange Harry Potter. ;p

Hahaha  :D Well, no..

Instead, the bump has been fixed and new revision of the track is now waiting for you in Download Manager. 

As usual, please keep the reports coming  B)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#17 RandomnessInside

RandomnessInside

Pro

• 365 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:22 PM

I was driving in a hotlap event featuring the Camaro RS/SS in the National layout.

As I kept grinding and pushing in laptimes I noticed two very peculiar cut detection bugs: so far I noticed one happens most frequently in the exit of T1, but also just before the last turn, when you're about to brake.

With the last turn I think it thought I cut as I put all 4 wheels back on the tarmac as I had 2 wheels on the outside kerb (before the corner). If I keep them there, it shouldn't disqualify me. If I however EVEN TOUCH the beginning of the kerb and "rejoin" on the tarmac with all 4, at around the point when you drive over the horizontal line crossing the track, you will always get dq'd.

As for T1 the game will sometimes randomly disqualify your lap as you exit the turn in powerslide...not sure what causes this one.

Active since October 2014
Wheel: Logitech G27
Check out my YouTube.

#18 lachiasse

lachiasse

Semi-Pro

• 179 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:18 PM

i have to report the same as random, first turn is easy to ge,  you almost have to stay on the very middle of the track to avoid it.

and for me too in last turn, but i only get it when i have a fast lap clocking. :angry:

i cant seem to replicate it unless im on a fast lap, same lines... :unsure:

#19 YardStick

YardStick

Seasoned

• 98 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:39 PM

I have experienced the T1 oddities too. Not even touching the curbs, and you get bleeps and penalties there.

The thingy with the last turn might be related to pit entry. I had the driving line on when it happened, and I saw the line was bent towards the pit entry, and when I kept going, I got the famous "You went off the track! This lap does not count!" - announcement. And it sucked. It would have been amazing lap. :angry:

Drifting or sliding the car may have something to do with this, but I'm not sure.

Both of these with the Camaro on the national layout...

#20 sierra28

sierra28

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationArad, Romania

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:51 AM

the same thing happened to me, but after 8-10 laps both of them disapered and everything was normal

Sierra28 member of SDEv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users