Photo

CotA Championship

circuit of the americas cota honda nsx gt500 mclaren mp4-27 honda hsv gt500 mclaren mp4-29

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 sierra28

sierra28

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationArad, Romania

Posted 27 November 2014 - 06:11 AM

it will be available from today ?

does it improves on car stifness ?  :P

i mean it spins in straight line over most bump, and all of a sudden the Cota is so bumpy  :D :huh:

this car is like Mercedes, mp4-29 is like mp4-27 but tweak by Amg and then some By Black, mp4-27 amg black edition=mp4-29  :blink:

Sierra28 member of SDEv
Sportscar Driving Evolution

We help young teams to get started!

#22 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:01 PM

it will be available from today ?

does it improves on car stifness ?  :P

i mean it spins in straight line over most bump, and all of a sudden the Cota is so bumpy  :D :huh:

this car is like Mercedes, mp4-29 is like mp4-27 but tweak by Amg and then some By Black, mp4-27 amg black edition=mp4-29  :blink:

Yes, it gets us much closer to the current spec of real one (in other words, over 2 seconds closer), but also makes it a better car overall. Speed wise, we have to keep in mind the lack of DRS, etc. That margin is being left out for the future, when we introduce it.

It's not easy, but that's because of the power delivery curve.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#23 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:01 PM

All details of Round 4 are available in the initial thread  :)

Good luck and enjoy people!

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#24 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:20 AM

Thanks for putting this event up on Wed to give us time that have the holiday travels to be able to set a good time.

I don't think its just the power delivery curve.  With TC on medium and SC low , it still will spin at half throttle! 

It's also twitchy in corner without power on.  None of the 25 26 27 28 cars do this.  I tried different brake balances, powers,  and even lowered front downforce... still it will snap like the back end has drifting tires on lol.

Someone in chat mentioned the Mp4/4 is smoother than this car (with 900 hp!?).  

EDIT: scratch that, the mp4/4 still locks wheels even with abs HIGH, and please by design is not right- if you dont want ABS just dont make it an option... Why is it either it locks the fronts or the backs and spins out?  I'm really confused by this game engine- but I haven't really played rfactor1 much so I can't say if its how the rf1 engine acts.

The last races when MP4-29 came out had a similar feel, but instead of the rear sliding out, it was the front wheels locking up (even with ABS high) and very hard to get the brake balance right (even with ABS high).

I feel like this is where it's getting annoying...

Why can't we tweak basic suspension like ARB or stiffness?  Remember you opened it a bit, and now again its locked.

I understand not giving full setups, but not everyone enjoys driving a car that feels like the tires can either be like sandpaper or ice lol.

I'm not complaining because I am slow with it.  You can look at my times.  

I am complaining because really, if this car is so twitchy compared to the 25-28 f1 cars, how come the current f1 season is not full of lost control?  I don't buy the idea that this car is harder to drive than the previous ones. 

Overall, it is not enjoyable.  A common thread seems to be that the newer cars are twitchy, like the HSV.  If it's a different person than original F1 cars doing the physics parameters, it might explain the difference between generations of cars.  I'm not satisfied with the newer cars in general.  They look great, but the feel is really strange and unpredictable.  It's like like the limit of grip on the tires has too sharp of a drop... Is there a variable that you can tweak for this, or is this built into the models?  It might explain why ABS is useless on some cars and why I can barely drive anything reliably with abs off in this game, but its doable (though I dislike it with my bad knee to feather the brakes constantly) for me in some other recent sims.  I'm just trying to get down to the meat of this matter... it bugs me to notice "bugs" lol.

Coss, it's not your fault, and I know you can't say anything about it... like the Jag, but can you ask the developers why there is such a big chasm between cars of similar performance and tire grip?  (Like happened way back with the caterham- I complained- was told this was normal to spin out on braking w abs on- and then a patch or 2 later, it never did it again-  or way way back-years ago, the RX8, on braking did a 180 spin, lol).  Something is not set right?

Edited by robnitro, 28 November 2014 - 05:15 AM.

#25 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:46 AM

I'm not complaining because I am slow with it.  You can look at my times.  

I am complaining because really, if this car is so twitchy compared to the 25-28 f1 cars, how come the current f1 season is not full of lost control?  I don't buy the idea that this car is harder to drive than the previous ones. 

Overall, it is not enjoyable.  A common thread seems to be that the newer cars are twitchy, like the HSV.  If it's a different person than original F1 cars doing the physics parameters, it might explain the difference between generations of cars.  I'm not satisfied with the newer cars in general.  They look great, but the feel is really strange and unpredictable.  It's like like the limit of grip on the tires has too sharp of a drop... Is there a variable that you can tweak for this, or is this built into the models?  It might explain why ABS is useless on some cars and why I can barely drive anything reliably with abs off in this game, but its doable (though I dislike it with my bad knee to feather the brakes constantly) for me in some other recent sims.  I'm just trying to get down to the meat of this matter... it bugs me to notice "bugs" lol.

the 2014 F1 with V6 turbo engines with ERS have enormous torque compared to previous years ...how are you expecting them to be just as easy on throttle ?? Surely you have heard about how previously flat out corners have become so tricky for the drivers this season ???  they talk about this in almost every race !!!! Throttle control has been the main topic of discussion in terms of driving style in F1 this year.... we would probably never drive a real F1 car in our lives to know exactly how it feels, but there must be a logical difference in  game between less torque and more torque  right ???? that's makes sense to me ........

and here is a link to understand the 2014 cars better http://www.formula1....14/1/15408.html

Niranjan Kumar           SQ ~ 1000

India                  Team SDEv

#26 rtmetz92

rtmetz92

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 659 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 28 November 2014 - 11:40 AM

the 2014 F1 with V6 turbo engines with ERS have enormous torque compared to previous years ...how are you expecting them to be just as easy on throttle ?? Surely you have heard about how previously flat out corners have become so tricky for the drivers this season ???  they talk about this in almost every race !!!! Throttle control has been the main topic of discussion in terms of driving style in F1 this year.... we would probably never drive a real F1 car in our lives to know exactly how it feels, but there must be a logical difference in  game between less torque and more torque  right ???? that's makes sense to me ........

and here is a link to understand the 2014 cars better http://www.formula1....14/1/15408.html

robnitro, I totally agree withh what niraceway said. If I am not confused, it not only the greater torque that is generated, but also the different regulations for aerodynamics (I think, there is not has much downforce than in previous F1 generations). This means that 2014 F1 cars are a lot more twitchy and unpredictable, as you (robnitro) mentioned.

Here is an example of what happened in Monaco (from 1:20 in the video): 

Out of nowhere, the driver suddendly lost control of the F1 car on the exit of the tunnel and it was on a straight. And that what you see on the video was not the only case in that race weekend (others drivers also suddendly lost control in that exact same place).

Thus, I have to disagree with you (robnitro). What actually happens is the the real-world 2014 F1 car is unpredictable and twitchy by nature and simraceway reproduces just that and very accurately (I have noticed that since day 1 - when SRW launched the MP4-29). So, if you want to complain about the MP4-29, go complain to the F1 comittee who changed the regulations for the aerodynamics and Energy Recovery Systems, ...

It is not the fault of SRW (so you are complaining in the wrong place), as their job is just to reproduce the real-world cars and that job they did it very well, one of the examples being the MP4-29.

Speed&Power Motorsport team administrator

You are welcome to join the team -> http://speedandpower.enjin.com/

#27 sierra28

sierra28

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationArad, Romania

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:43 PM

robnitro, I totally agree withh what niraceway said. If I am not confused, it not only the greater torque that is generated, but also the different regulations for aerodynamics (I think, there is not has much downforce than in previous F1 generations). This means that 2014 F1 cars are a lot more twitchy and unpredictable, as you (robnitro) mentioned.

Here is an example of what happened in Monaco (from 1:20 in the video): 

Out of nowhere, the driver suddendly lost control of the F1 car on the exit of the tunnel and it was on a straight. And that what you see on the video was not the only case in that race weekend (others drivers also suddendly lost control in that exact same place).

Thus, I have to disagree with you (robnitro). What actually happens is the the real-world 2014 F1 car is unpredictable and twitchy by nature and simraceway reproduces just that and very accurately (I have noticed that since day 1 - when SRW launched the MP4-29). So, if you want to complain about the MP4-29, go complain to the F1 comittee who changed the regulations for the aerodynamics and Energy Recovery Systems, ...

It is not the fault of SRW (so you are complaining in the wrong place), as their job is just to reproduce the real-world cars and that job they did it very well, one of the examples being the MP4-29.

the car is exactly like that, lots of torque and little downforce, and because the only thing we can change in this last round of CotA champ is front wing downforce, the car is very hard to be kept on track for several consecutive laps.

personally for me with keyboard is living hell , and yes i know that i have to own a wheel but until then it is my only solution :).

and as you said the SRW is reproducing the real thing.

the big impact was we were used to mp4-25..28 witch are awsome to drive in SRW, but this mp4-29 breaks that rule and need lots of work in laps and practice.

Sierra28 member of SDEv

#28 andybob

andybob

Novice

• 35 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:57 PM

Have just read some comments from David Coultard saying that this generation of car has less down force than his 2008 car.

So we cannot expect this car to behave like the previous era of cars.

I think SRW have got it just about right and it should not be easy to drive.

#29 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:26 PM

yes and by the way im not saying that this car is the perfect simulation of the real car , cauz the ERS,DRS and 8th gear are missing Etc ...but yes it should NOT be easy to drive as previous models !!!

#30 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 04:51 PM

Power delivery curve of our MP4-29 is a topic that has been mentioned before. It does have a very aggressive one, because we are making up for the lack of KERS with that. 

Exiting slow turns is difficult, but not so much to those who are patient and most of all - respect the car. Then once you get up to a decent speed, all those new updates are stepping in and you can really push it hard. 

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#31 Mastrorocco

Mastrorocco

Seasoned

• 65 posts
  • Facebook:Massimo Mastrorocco
  • LocationItaly

Posted 29 November 2014 - 07:01 AM

Hey Coss!!

You have a great time!!

Will we watch you in this race?? :D  :D  :D

#32 jmoo1

jmoo1

Seasoned

• 66 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 09:11 AM

Hey Coss!!
You have a great time!!
Will we watch you in this race?? :D :D :D

once upon a time there was the fastest alien in simracing part of the battles on track, but now he serves us from the mothership... yet once in a while he returns to show us a glimps of his raw talent and speed.... to help grow future aliens of similar kind... while those will be racing he will be watching over us 😱😎😂😂

#33 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 30 November 2014 - 05:31 PM

Thanks guys for showing me the follies of my thought.

So the new cars have less DF.  It's a shame that F1 is trying to be green... why don't they just turn it into F2 then, lol.

Just like I posted to the bugs thread though, if there is ABS high, why are tires still able to lock up?

Also tried very low front DF, and still it spins the back, maybe its the diff or arb making the rear to "locked"?

Also would be cool to next time have a half open setup, springs, arb and diff.. 

In other games I got the 80s type F1 beasts, (like the mp4/4) to be somewhat driveable without abs or tc.... 

#34 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 30 November 2014 - 08:26 PM

I Apologise to Johndaniels for ruining your race , Lazaros and Rudolph and anyone else that I bumped ....I made a horrible race that im ashamed of..I don't think im fit to be here.... so im saying goodbye to the live races in SRW for some time to come !!! :(

#35 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:35 AM

Ahh another weird thing that I realize makes it hard for me to tell lockup is you don't hear the tires screech or skid.  I noticed this in the hotlap with the old Vette.

Anyone can post their sound settings if they can hear this rear lockup?  I don't like using the mirror to tell whether I locked the rear or not... its not quick enough for me to react.  The front I can feel with the wheel going loose, the back, well as it locks, too late if I don't catch it in mirror lol.

I'm trying to get better without abs, others can do it but so far I'm a bit too slow to catch it in this game. 

#36 Mastrorocco

Mastrorocco

Seasoned

• 65 posts
  • Facebook:Massimo Mastrorocco
  • LocationItaly

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:28 AM

What about next week??

#37 sierra28

sierra28

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationArad, Romania

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:48 PM

I Apologise to Johndaniels for ruining your race , Lazaros and Rudolph and anyone else that I bumped ....I made a horrible race that im ashamed of..I don't think im fit to be here.... so im saying goodbye to the live races in SRW for some time to come !!! :(

We all have bad days, i rarely have a good day :)

You are most fitted to be here, that race was the exception that make the rule stongest , you are one of the most fairplay player i know , and also fastest :).

Sierra28 member of SDEv

#38 Alex_Djuzhen

Alex_Djuzhen

Contributor

• 7 posts
  • Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/alex.djuzhen
  • LocationEstonia

Posted 03 December 2014 - 04:36 PM

Congrats! SDEv_sierra28 team mate great 3rd championship place! andybob second aah only 4 points less than SPM_wttnn1 he CotA 500-900 Champion!  :) 

#39 andybob

andybob

Novice

• 35 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:26 PM

Thanks Alex I messed up on the last round thought all races counted my stupid error :lol:

#40 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:17 PM

Will we have a race this weekend? I'd like to know because probably soon I'm going to drive a kart and it's good to schedule my time

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: circuit of the americas, cota, honda nsx gt500, mclaren mp4-27, honda hsv gt500, mclaren mp4-29

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users