• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MuscleCarRacer

MuscleCarRacer

Seasoned

• 98 posts
  • Location'Murica

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:42 PM

Something that could be used in practice mode. Exactly like BeamNG's grid map. A place for top speed testing. Pretty much no end, and no environment.

Beer.

My YouTube: bit.ly/1HiF26a

#2 SwervinIrvin

SwervinIrvin

Semi-Pro

• 150 posts
  • Facebook:SwervinIrvin
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 November 2014 - 02:52 PM

Umm no

SwervinIrvin

#3 reynaldo123

reynaldo123

Pro

• 357 posts
  • Facebook:Reynaldo Stufano
  • Twitter:@reynaldoschumi
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:14 AM

impossible for gmotor2 engine (i think)

Don't wanna close my eyes   I don't wanna fall asleep  
'Cause I'd miss you, baby   And I don't wanna miss a thing!!!!

#4 brockie

brockie

Seasoned

• 87 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 November 2014 - 07:21 AM

A nice long straight would be great for "top speed" testing,(love to top out Veyron and Agera R)..... or "gear ratio" setting up,... but id want corners to turn around and go back, or around in a track fashion back to start.... I think this would be an asset now we have open setting championships... just a thought :)

Member Since: 24-1-13 ..  SQ: 887 ..  Cars Owned: 125 ..  Miles Raced: 45k ..  Control Input: Logitech F310

If You Want More Inches???  Stroke It!!!!

find me @ https://www.facebook...100001072954188

#5 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 13 November 2014 - 07:57 AM

Area 51 has two long-ass runways.  They should open them up as a loop, for top-speed testing and super fast races with the Agera R and Veyron.

927581_304287466386965_537111450_n.jpg

#6 brockie

brockie

Seasoned

• 87 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 November 2014 - 08:12 AM

just the out side loop on this would be just what I mean,awsome  or even the 2 straights side by side, thanks Koba for the info :)

Member Since: 24-1-13 ..  SQ: 887 ..  Cars Owned: 125 ..  Miles Raced: 45k ..  Control Input: Logitech F310

If You Want More Inches???  Stroke It!!!!

find me @ https://www.facebook...100001072954188

#7 Stiggy

Stiggy

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 209 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW, Australia

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:07 AM

Rather than just having a flat endless map, a good location to test the top speed of a car would be on a salt flat such as Bonneville.

"Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen in Le Mans

Racing and hotlapping for 4 years in Simraceway

#8 japreja

japreja

Novice

• 40 posts
  • LocationMontana, USA

Posted 23 November 2014 - 08:32 PM

The in game name should be changed from "Area 51" since the US Air-Force de-classified the location known as "Area 51" some time in 2013.  The official name is "Homey Airport" and is a division of "Edwards Air Force Base", see "Wikipedia:Area_51".  The location is also riddled with experimental robotics that look like insects, rocks, and plants, they slowly move and serve as motion detectors, light sensors, vibration sensors, etc... and camers to detect intrusion see Solorbotics.net.  Some emit short bursts of data called chirps, others recieve the chirps of data and transmit it to central locations on base.  Put it this way, Recent/Modern technology is 50 years behind the technology at this site.  Lots of cool techy stuff :D

#9 ComputerWhiz

ComputerWhiz

Seasoned

• 93 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:43 PM

A nice long straight would be great for "top speed" testing,(love to top out Veyron and Agera R)..... or "gear ratio" setting up,... but id want corners to turn around and go back, or around in a track fashion back to start.... I think this would be an asset now we have open setting championships... just a thought :)

AVUS would be a great track for this.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: map, nowhere, track

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users