oval racing spotter co-op team indycar nascar

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Reno

Reno

Semi-Pro

• 106 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:52 PM

Just a fun idea that crossed my mind after I discovered the existence of team speak (TS, for the enlightened). Simraceway has been putting focus on teams recently and I like the idea of team speak. But I believe we could do more with it than just a regular voice chat.

As an oval racing fan, I'd like to see more IndyCar or stock car or Asphalt Modified championships/events. But from my experience in road course races so far, it's sometimes hard to have clean races. Accidents happen, mistakes are made, etc. And I would expect an instant mayhem for a race on oval... I don't want Coss to have a seizure after a gazillionth restart :D

Virtual mirrors for the cockpit view have already been discussed in this forum and I won't add anything about it. But if realism is so important, we could find an obvious work-around: let's add spotters!

Two players could share one car: a driver and a spotter. The driver chooses a TV or cockpit/first-person view, while the spotter gets a larger picture, from the outside -like the exterior view. The latter could look ahead, behind or on the sides, using pre-set keys. He could even get the HUD with tire wear, brake temperatures, damages, laptimes, ... so the driver can get rid of them on his screen and only focus on racing.

Then, obviously, the two would communicate via team speak. It wouldn't be just about having teams and private events, SRW would become a real co-op game!

Of course, one of them wouldn't be driving but being a spotter would still be a challenging job and a position of responsability. I'd love to do it for someone else!

Do you like the idea? What's your take? I'd be curious to get a SRW staff member's opinion about this.

Maybe there is something more important than just winning races. (Mark Donohue)
All race drivers return to the obscurity they came from. (Mark Donohue)

A noi date vittoria e poi l'eterna gloria in paradisu.

#2 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 24 October 2014 - 11:11 PM

I like the idea :)

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#3 Bolinhas

Bolinhas

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 146 posts
  • LocationVila Nova de Gaia, Porto, Portugal, Europe :)

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:15 AM

One thing that could be a fun homage is to change the in game voice spoter by Liam's voice.

That way we could have him always when we race instead that anonymous guy, by the way, that is the voice of?

Just idk if it can be made ...

But I think it could be a nice gesture for a guy that made so much by the SRW comunity.

#4 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:25 AM

That way we could have him always when we race instead that anonymous guy, by the way, that is the voice of?

Anonymous? No, he's a legend  :)

John Hindhaugh himself has provided the voice for Simraceway's spotter. Have a look: http://www.crankandp...durance-racing/

We are very priviledged to have it.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#5 Bolinhas

Bolinhas

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 146 posts
  • LocationVila Nova de Gaia, Porto, Portugal, Europe :)

Posted 03 January 2015 - 09:52 AM

I knew he mus be someone known on motorsport, but why he isn't on the credits?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: oval racing, spotter, co-op, team, indycar, nascar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users