track le castellet paul ricard france

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Reno

Reno

Semi-Pro

• 106 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:29 AM

Often named after the nearby city of Le Castellet, the original track name is actually Circuit Paul Ricard -the name of its founder, the great Paul Ricard of course. Now the official name is Paul Ricard High Tech Test Track. It's a former Formula One track and a current WTCC venue.

http://www.circuitpa...ures_les-pistes

It has multiple layouts, with the world-famous Mistral straight and the Signes curve. Also, the HTTT complex hosts a kart track and a short track belonging to Oreca for training purpose. The equivalent of the SRW facility at Sonoma ;)

Maybe there is something more important than just winning races. (Mark Donohue)
All race drivers return to the obscurity they came from. (Mark Donohue)

A noi date vittoria e poi l'eterna gloria in paradisu.

#2 clark10

clark10

Semi-Pro

• 179 posts
  • LocationChampagne - France

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:07 PM

My prefered french track is Dijon-prenois but I like also Paul Ricard

SQ : 922 / Miles raced : 83 682 / Car owned : 118 / Favorite : Maserati Tipo Birdcage

Member since 2008. My car collection  : http://bit.ly/1JcnCdQ

#3 Reno

Reno

Semi-Pro

• 106 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 03:17 PM

I never drove at Dijon for real, only in ToCA Race Driver on PS2 :)

The Circuit Paul Ricard would be perfectly suited for SRW because of its different layouts. I tested a few cars there, it's a lot of fun. With the very same argument, we could submit La Ferté-Gaucher.

Someone already submitted the Pau street course, which I love, despite the fact it provides crash-filled, nose-to-tail races. I drove there in real life and it's definitely a thriller.

Many more French tracks come to mind: Le Laquais, Montlhéry, ...

#4 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 27 October 2014 - 06:30 PM

French tracks? Don't forget Le Mans :)

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#5 GCortese

GCortese

Novice

• 32 posts
  • LocationBarcelona, Spain

Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:09 AM

Sorry guys but my best and favourite french track undoubtedly is Magny-Cours, fantastic track specially with open-wheelers cars, fast, so technical and mixed turns (fast chicanes, hairpins, slow chicanes and long corners. U have all in one track, and the terrible dead-chicane with the high curbs makes awesome the track, So don't forget at this beauty, really shame that F1 don't come again. 

And I won't prefer to talk about Rouen Les Essarts, another beauty historical french track...

Gio Cortese

#6 Reno

Reno

Semi-Pro

• 106 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:07 AM

Sorry guys but my best and favourite french track undoubtedly is Magny-Cours, fantastic track specially with open-wheelers cars, fast, so technical and mixed turns (fast chicanes, hairpins, slow chicanes and long corners. U have all in one track, and the terrible dead-chicane with the high curbs makes awesome the track, So don't forget at this beauty, really shame that F1 don't come again. 

And I won't prefer to talk about Rouen Les Essarts, another beauty historical french track...

I've never been driving at Magny-Cours for real, just in games. I can't say I don't like it, because it's indeed technical with a wide variety of corners, but I fail to see a particularly memorable corner, like Signes or the "Double droite du Beausset".

Rouen is a classic, but damn old ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: track, le castellet, paul ricard, france

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users