Photo

Free to Play Championship

free to play ftp progression ladder stage 0 mitsubishi evolution x simraceway kart lola simraceway formula 3 prizes cash

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#41 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:59 PM

Wondering who  :unsure:

Some say he loves car... And that he is in a hunting (JD will get that)

I just know, that he's fast in FWD cars, especially a Seat Leon of Tiago Monteiro :D

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#42 firefall

firefall

Novice

• 16 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:15 PM

Some say he loves car... And that he is in a hunting (JD will get that)

I just know, that he's fast in FWD cars, especially a Seat Leon of Tiago Monteiro :D

I see what you did there  :P

#43 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:41 PM

Guys, all Hot Lap 3 events are now live and so is this: http://community.sim...nship-season-1/

See you around!  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#44 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:12 AM

Now, I don't feel crazy for what I said in the past.

The F3 was horrible for me with your fixed setup, whoever designed it. 

A bit of tweaking the suspension balance and wow, finally a car I can drive!

Too bad most likely I cannot make the race, it would be enjoyable.

But this is where I feel annoyed... whenever someone has a problem with the way a RACE car handles, they are told that is their fault some how.

But really, even lemans teams have dials and such that they tweak when changing drivers.. 

Even Alan McNish in that video for SRW explained that his preference is to brake in deep... but some others prefer to brake early....

Each strategy benefits from different setups...

So, please please every champ after this, open setup if the car allows. 

I understand that the best drivers are the ones that are fast with any setup- yes you aliens :)

In no way, I feel I can match that with the limited time I have due to job/friends/family/other games...

#45 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:51 AM

So, please please every champ after this, open setup if the car allows.

I agree with this. When I first started racing here, I was in favor of fixed setups because I thought it would be too complicated and time-consuming to have all these options to tinker with. But I did the whole 9-race GT Giants championship with open setup, and I found it tremendously helpful to be able to adjust the balance. In particular, with the GT2 cars—which don't handle as sweetly as the GT3 cars—I was able to tweak them to make them fun to drive and I particularly enjoyed the GT2 races.

Unfortunately there's no documentation for the noobs, but the default setups are driveable if you don't want to figure things out, and I did my research to figure out the settings (I only needed to figure out what the differential settings were for).

So yeah I'm in favor of open setups going forward.

#46 Dude74

Dude74

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBasingstoke, Hampshire

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:03 AM

There are tons of resources on setups online. Will post links later. Using phone atm.
SQ 890 Miles raced: 25k+ Total points: 35k+ Cars:64

#47 Dude74

Dude74

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 654 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:11 AM

http://www.racedepar...-drivers.87492/

http://membersmedia....Setup_Guide.pdf

http://www.rapid-rac...sion-tuning.php

Just a few

#48 Dude74

Dude74

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 654 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:12 AM

I lost many bookmarks recently so I know there are more/better guides out there too.

#49 sierra28

sierra28

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationArad, Romania

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:18 AM

the third one i applyed already to set up my leon last night and i gained 1.5 s faster per lap at assens

Sierra28 member of SDEv
Sportscar Driving Evolution

We help young teams to get started!

#50 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:38 PM

I did some laps on the hotlap, but it's very probable that I won't race

Portugal

#51 D1AMONDBACK

D1AMONDBACK

Seasoned

• 69 posts
  • LocationExeter, England

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:47 AM

I just watched back the kart race and wanted to say thank you to Liam for the very kind words about my driving.

#52 sierra28

sierra28

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationArad, Romania

Posted 24 October 2014 - 11:36 AM

I just watched back the kart race and wanted to say thank you to Liam for the very kind words about my driving.

Yes your driving was so smoooooth

Sierra28 member of SDEv
Sportscar Driving Evolution

We help young teams to get started!

#53 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 06:39 PM

Dear Drivers, I've just posted all further details of Round 3, please have a look: Free to Play Championship: Round 3 

As you know, Summer Time period is ending in the middle of the night (European) between 25th and 26th of October. Exactly around 2AM for UK and 3AM for the rest of Europe on October the 26th. That means you will have to adjust your clocks back by 1 hour and BST will turn into GMT, while CEST into CET from that moment.

Considering that, I had two choices. Either stay with the times of the day that we used to operate in, which would effectively mean to host all the races 1 hour earlier according to the clock, or move everything 1 hour forward, what effectively will mean hosting them at exactly the same time according to the clock. I've picked the second option, because it limits the risk of someone missing the race, for both drivers from Europe and other continents.

Countdowns are added to each section of the post above. Here they are again:

Countdown to Race 3 for Skillquant (SQ) group 500-700

Countdown to Race 3 for Skillquant (SQ) group 700-900 B

Countdown to Race 3 for Skillquant (SQ) group 700-900 A

Countdown to Race 3 for Skillquant (SQ) group 900-1100 B

Countdown to Race 3 for Skillquant (SQ) group 900-1100 A

If you find anything concerning in all of this, please let me know  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#54 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:53 AM

Good idea coss with the countdown timers.

Really ridiculous that europe and North America cannot come up with the same DST change.  Ours is next week. sheesh, wow, like that would change a lot...

Pretty much sundown/sunup changes 1 minute per day, so you see how arbitrary they are in picking "exact" dates.

#55 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:06 PM

I will try to plan my time, so MAYBE I can try to do the race... MAYBE

Portugal

#56 acosta88

acosta88

Novice

• 18 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:22 PM

Final Update Results SQ 900-1100 Unofficial Free to Play Championship in PDF

https://meocloud.pt/...ampionship.pdf/

António Costa 

Portugal    :) 

#57 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:59 PM

OK here are the final unofficial Free To Play Championship tables for all three SQ classes:

SQ 500-700
http://www.dg42.net/...event=1410WSQ57
Winner Danishman6132, P2 james38, P3 kelseyg

SQ 700-900
http://www.dg42.net/...event=1410WSQ79
Winner Alex_Djuzhen, P2 andybob, P3 Kobayashi10

SQ 900-1100
http://www.dg42.net/...vent=1410WSQ911
Winner B13A6, P2 Gralfindel_PL, P3 AG06

Congrats to the championship winners! cheers.jpg

#58 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:47 PM

In the hot lap I was only P12 and a whole second off the pace.  In the A race I qualified P11, about what I expected.  My car felt mostly stable but I just couldn't get it to hook up in the Carousel or the T7 hairpin.  So I expected to languish in the mid-pack or worse.

But I had a good start, or rather, some people ahead of me had bad starts.  By Turn 3 I was surprisingly in P6, and Alex—who had started just behind me—was still behind me, so we were both really happy that we gained so many positions.  But I was afraid that there were a few people behind me that were going to have a stronger race pace, and I was right.  Alex and Andybob pressured me all race, so there was no rest.

By the end of Lap 4 two guys in front of me had spun out, so I was in P4, which was crazy considering that I started P11.  Behind me, anybob passed Alex and then pressured me for a couple of laps until he spun out.  Alex caught up to me and applied some pressure but was driving very maturely and not taking big risks.  On Lap 9 I let him pass.  I'm not sure why, but he had a faster pace and I guess I just appreciated him not driving aggressively and risking an accident.

Next up, Mastrorocco caught up and pressured me.  Eventually on Lap 12 he spun right behind me, like andybob had done earlier in the race.  But now andybob had caught back up again and applied heavy pressure.  He had a much faster pace but had an incident at the start of the race that put him behind us slow guys.  I wasn't in the mood for more gifts so I fought hard to keep my place.  I managed to hold him off for 3 1/2 laps, but on the last lap he got under me in the Carousel and took P5.  I was happy to finish P6, which was a decent finish considering my slow pace and bad starting position.

In the end, looking at the championship standings, I finished P3, 8 pts behind andybob.  If I had known the championship would look like this, I would not have let Alex past.  It's possible I could have held Alex off, and he could have held andybob off, and then I would have finished P2 in the championship.  I should have paid better attention to who was near me in the points before the last round!

#59 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:00 AM

yet another disappointment for me... quali was way off my pb .....and race was a spin fest !!  maybe is should take a break from SRW  ..... if I can manage it that is...

Niranjan Kumar           SQ ~ 1000

India                  Team SDEv

#60 AresWorksCZ

AresWorksCZ

Novice

• 30 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:29 AM

a few months ago I could not imagine that I would qualify in any of those races, and certainly not to win prize money in the end....but, still a lots of laps have to be done..

what i wanted to say is, thank you all for great racing action and experience guys and congrats to the winners, maybe see ya next time ;)

/ / / If you experiencing HW, OS or gaming performance related issues, feel free to PM me ;) / / /

"DRIVE YOUR LIFE"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: free to play, ftp, progression ladder stage 0, mitsubishi evolution x, simraceway kart, lola simraceway formula 3, prizes, cash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users