Photo

Free to Play Championship

free to play ftp progression ladder stage 0 mitsubishi evolution x simraceway kart lola simraceway formula 3 prizes cash

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#21 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 12:13 AM

All necessary details are now in the posts above, please have a look!

I wish you all good luck and a really fun experience overall  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#22 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 17 October 2014 - 12:39 AM

I'm diggin' the kart, this will be a fun race.

Coss, in the first post, it starts with "It will consist of four Rounds...", but I think you mean three rounds.

In Post 3 for Round 2, for the SQ 700-900 B race it says 18 lap race, but for the SQ 700-900 A race it says 13 lap race.  Do you mean 23 lap race?

#23 lachiasse

lachiasse

Semi-Pro

• 179 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 17 October 2014 - 01:15 AM

its says fixed setups/default on the carting event, is that right ?

i did my hotlap thinkering with the clickers a lot, and im sure many are...just sayin :ph34r:

Sportscar Driving Evolution

We help young teams to get started!

#24 sierra28

sierra28

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationArad, Romania

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:15 AM

I see for round 3 evo , but at the beginning was the F3 simraceway car ?

Sierra28 member of SDEv

#25 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 17 October 2014 - 04:28 PM

These karts really stink, or I just stink in feeling the back end lock up in this game.

I've raced normal karts and even direct drive TAG karts, both with rear brakes only and never spun or had a problem.

Why is it that in SRW or rf1 I have a hard time whenever there is a braking issue?

I don't have the problem in AC or rf2... it's like something is missing?  Or maybe I just don't know how to set it up?

#26 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:30 PM

I'm diggin' the kart, this will be a fun race.

Coss, in the first post, it starts with "It will consist of four Rounds...", but I think you mean three rounds.

In Post 3 for Round 2, for the SQ 700-900 B race it says 18 lap race, but for the SQ 700-900 A race it says 13 lap race.  Do you mean 23 lap race?

Thanks Kobayashi, it's corrected now. The forum script doesn't always save things properly, when I'm editing larger threads + have a few windows open at once.

its says fixed setups/default on the carting event, is that right ?

i did my hotlap thinkering with the clickers a lot, and im sure many are...just sayin :ph34r:

Thanks lachiasse, that needs a correction, it's obviously open setup!

I see for round 3 evo , but at the beginning was the F3 simraceway car ?

Thanks brezeanuadrian, that also needs a correction, it was always planned to be the Lola Simraceway Formula 3 in Round 3.

Double check the main threads now  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#27 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 17 October 2014 - 08:20 PM

OK the laps for Round 2 SQ 700-900 A race is fixed, but a couple of things:

1. It still says "four Rounds" in the very first sentence of first post. (no biggie)

2. In the first post, under Live Races Overview it says:

Race B SQ 500-700
- Each participant will score between 22 and 3 points, depending on finishing position

I believe it should be:

Race SQ 500-700
- Each participant will score between 70 and 24 points, depending on finishing position

Minor points  :)

#28 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 19 October 2014 - 05:17 AM

I've noticed something bad about some of the top times, but it is NOT a violation.

The finish line is at a corner.  If you choose to not brake and run into the cones, you gain .3 sec or so....

Badly designed track to put a finish line at a corner. 

Also, how come I cannot donate money to other people, who I feel helped me and I want to?

Also, how come I cannot race my own ghost? Is this too by design? 

And news flash, a guy who runs consistent top 5 times.. well uses a controller.

So I plugged in my xbox360 controller. guess what, I can barely not spin.

So, I asked around, well its some tweaking,

Well guess what?  All this talk about REALISM, and some cars with tweaks in controllers are better off NOT USING A WHEEL.  How is this a sim?  Remind me , it's by design?

#29 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 19 October 2014 - 08:25 AM

Oh and before anyone tells me I am upset cause I suck, I sucked in the subaru event, I didn't complain because it was my skill that lacked.

With these karts, controllers and keyboards are top 10... that shows how much of a sim this is.

I know I'm not the only one that's driven real life TAG karts with no issue only to have 100 spinouts here...

The problem is that any input on physics is IGNORED and DERATED as craziness,,, only to have a silent update.

EVO used to understeer badly, now it slides, wonder why?

Caterham used to spin out too easily now is quite stable, wonder why?

I'm tired of this because it is draining to debate it when there's no proper outlet.  I grow tired of being told I am wrong without a reason only to see it patched month or so later.  I'm sure others have the same issue.

And if it ever says banned by my name, look up danny irving, who I debated with, but he got banned for nothing.

That's really the problem.... are they trying to make a community or attract "quick sells"?  Makes me wonder

#30 Ragster

Ragster

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 127 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:17 AM

The guys you fail to mention i guess is vanpather and the board player i guess is dimi?

Do you know the history of these players? 

Van to my knowledge has been using a pad for over 20 years,same can be said of dimi,thats all they use in this game.So its logical that they can match or better wheel users laptimes..

And do you really think that you saying that the physics are bad that they are gonna update the game because you said that?

The evo update i guess come from that racing school because it is used there,maybe you should talk to guys who went on those trips and see what they think about it,

Did you go there,if so how does it compare to the real thing ?

The evo for me is terrible now,but i guess that comes to preference at the end of the day.

I understand that you are frustrated at this kart,it feels strange to me too,but rem it has one gear and the track is very simple,so i can imagine this is very easy for them to go quick in

Back in the day there was an option to talk to John Haswell on live chat,to talk about improving the game,to give live feedback on options for this game,if i remember only one if none at all took that option up.

The only guys ive seen get banned are trolls and peeps that cant act civil on chat and the track,Jolly for instance,every post a piss take without even giving valid reasons for his words.

Some cars in this game just need time to adjust to i guess,imagine if we all had our ideas put in the game,then it would turn into cars on rails and the learning curve would be zero.

I have issues with the game too,esp events that i would like to see every night to get this place buzzing,but the game is not ready for what i would like to see,but there is no point in me posting those yet.

And i think the people here will not say you suck,they are better than that,well the ones we know will not,not sure about new users :)

Keep the faith Rob,hopefully in the future we will have a good platform to discuss these sort of ideas and criticisms and they will be taken in to SRWs development of this game... :)

#31 capabomba

capabomba

Novice

• 44 posts
  • LocationSalerno - Italy

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:53 AM

I've noticed something bad about some of the top times, but it is NOT a violation.

The finish line is at a corner.  If you choose to not brake and run into the cones, you gain .3 sec or so....

Badly designed track to put a finish line at a corner. 

Also, how come I cannot donate money to other people, who I feel helped me and I want to?

Also, how come I cannot race my own ghost? Is this too by design? 

And news flash, a guy who runs consistent top 5 times.. well uses a controller.

So I plugged in my xbox360 controller. guess what, I can barely not spin.

So, I asked around, well its some tweaking,

Well guess what?  All this talk about REALISM, and some cars with tweaks in controllers are better off NOT USING A WHEEL.  How is this a sim?  Remind me , it's by design?

The "guy" using a xbox360 controller, has got huge experience with it. It's not like he switched tfrom wheel to joypad and instantly got 1 second faster. Is that what you were expecting when you did it? I'm using xbox360 controller as well because I don't have a wheel at all and driving kart is quite difficult as you need precision and every single mistake costs you a spin. With the analog stick it's hard to be as precise and smooth as someone with a steering wheel. Accelerating out of a turn or braking smoothly into a turn can be very tricky and usually it's where I lose to wheels drivers.

#32 lachiasse

lachiasse

Semi-Pro

• 179 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 19 October 2014 - 11:39 AM

rob, if you find that a car sux, dont you think the other guys on the track feel the same....

when i was doing bike race, a friend of mine used to whine when it rained, but failled to realise that we all had the same conditions.

right now you remind me of him. if you find it sux too bad for your tastes, just dont drive it. its a game ffs !

#33 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 11:56 AM

OK the laps for Round 2 SQ 700-900 A race is fixed, but a couple of things:

1. It still says "four Rounds" in the very first sentence of first post. (no biggie)

2. In the first post, under Live Races Overview it says:

Race B SQ 500-700
- Each participant will score between 22 and 3 points, depending on finishing position

I believe it should be:

Race SQ 500-700
- Each participant will score between 70 and 24 points, depending on finishing position

Minor points  :)

Thanks Kobayashi. All corrected, please keep checking.

Practice events will be up right after the end of qualifier Hot Laps, so in about 4 minutes from the moment of me posting this. 

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#34 Dude74

Dude74

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 653 posts
  • LocationBasingstoke, Hampshire

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:38 PM

Out of interest, I tried the kart after driving a real one a few weeks ago, and, yes its nothing like it. But I also noticed  on the real one, that I was catching the craziest tail slides like a pro.... Believe me i was as surprised as anyone. Realism aside, the one thing that makes the kart so different from real life is the seat of the pants g forces. I was winding on opposite lock before I was even conscious of a slide happening! That was weird I can tell you! As for controllers, I'd take on anyone with a wheel with my keys playing the old gp4...

Just don't ask me to give up my g25 now though!

SQ 890 Miles raced: 25k+ Total points: 35k+ Cars:64

#35 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:26 PM

Lists of qualified to today's live races are available: Free to Play Championship: Round 2

Please have a look!

Make sure to be on web chat at the right time (see the link above, it's all there) and good luck in your race  :) 

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#36 acosta88

acosta88

Novice

• 18 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:08 PM

Update Results SQ 900-1100 Unofficial Free to Play Championship in PDF

https://meocloud.pt/...ampionship.pdf/

António Costa 

Portugal    :) 

#37 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:46 PM

OK updated unofficial standings for Free To Play championship:

SQ 500-700:

http://www.dg42.net/...event=1410WSQ57

SQ 700-900:

http://www.dg42.net/...event=1410WSQ79

SQ 900-1100 (data provided by acosta88):

http://www.dg42.net/...vent=1410WSQ911

#38 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 19 October 2014 - 11:57 PM

In the SQ 700-900 A Race, I started P4 and had a great battle with FrostBeast02.  Over the course of the race he passed me two times because he had a stronger race pace than I had, but I passed him three times because he made three mistakes with me right behind him.  His last mistake gave me a big cushion with a few laps to go so I cruised to the finish in P2, just my third podium.  I'm real happy about this result because I practiced many laps to figure out how to drive the kart, and I was able to drive at a pretty good pace with minimal mistakes. :)

Racing the kart was a real nice change-of-pace from the cars.  I hope to one day race the other off-beat vehicles as well—the FSAE and the Palatov D1 and D4.  I think they were used last year.

#39 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:42 AM

Wow firefall has won 2 races so far! Remembers me of someone lol :P

In 2 weeks, my dad will fly to Macau (near Hong Kong) for 2 weeks, so I can try to do some champ races and team races :) (if I manage to study and race without problems)

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#40 firefall

firefall

Novice

• 16 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:33 AM

Remembers me of someone lol :P

Wondering who  :unsure:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: free to play, ftp, progression ladder stage 0, mitsubishi evolution x, simraceway kart, lola simraceway formula 3, prizes, cash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users