Photo

NO MORE STREET CARS !!!!!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Future of SRW vehicles (39 member(s) have cast votes)

SRW must concentrate more on race cars , not on street cars

1. I agree (14 votes [35.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.90%

2. i disagree (25 votes [64.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 64.10%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:41 PM

IsayNO.jpg

So how many of you people think that SRW has wayyyy to many street cars ???? is it just me or does anybody else feel that racing so many of the street cars is such a waste of time  ?? :D

how many of my fellow SRW racers feel that the developers must concentrate only on RACE CARS !!!!

let the world hear you opinion in the Poll !!  

Niranjan Kumar           SQ ~ 1000

India                  Team SDEv

#2 rtmetz92

rtmetz92

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 659 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:11 PM

I think that having such a large selection of cars is a very unique feature from simraceway. I also would like to send my compliments to the SRW team, as there is no other sim in the world which is capable of releasing so many cars in so short periods of time. 

I voted on "disagree", because I am happy with any car which SRW releases, no matter if it is a street or race car, as long as it sounds, looks and handles as realistically as possible, which is something simraceway does so well :)

I would say that it is as important to have both types of cars - street cars and race cars - because one is not always in the mood of driving race cars and also not always in the mood of driving street cars, so keep them both coming :)

EDIT:

On example: Many would like to have the SLS AMG GT3 in the game, more F1s, etc. But who wouldn't ike to experience the Mclaren P1, the Nissan GT-R, Ferrari LaFerrari and Porsche 918, too?

Speed&Power Motorsport team administrator

You are welcome to join the team -> http://speedandpower.enjin.com/

#3 Andrea Brozzi

Andrea Brozzi

Seasoned

• 68 posts
  • Facebook:BROZ13
  • LocationItaly

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:51 PM

Race Cars won't be affordable for everyone, so it's right that there are so much street cars...Maybe it would be funnier having a street car and a "tuning" version of the same car, with some race mods :)

SImraceway nick : BROZ13 

A.k.a "The one that can't turn correctly"

#4 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts
  • LocationHorley, England.

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:12 PM

I agree. Although I enjoy the road cars, I enjoy race cars more and there is so many more I would like to see in game. At one point there were more road cars in the game than race cars, I'm not sure what the balance is now, but it would be nice if it was kept at least 50 percent race cars.

Race Cars won't be affordable for everyone, so it's right that there are so much street cars...Maybe it would be funnier having a street car and a "tuning" version of the same car, with some race mods :)

I would have agreed that point under the old pricing system, but that gap has now closed up and now there are quite a few race cars that cost £2.50. You only have to look at quick race popularity to see that race cars get generally get more drivers (though that's not so easy to see now because there's something free to drive every day which bias's those stats).

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

#5 Rolo Tomassi

Rolo Tomassi

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:16 PM

I voted "no" because I like the variety.

I have a comparatively small collection of 32 cars from all of the SRW defined Types, except Karts and would hate to see some very exceptional road cars ignored in favour of racers, some of which aren't actually going to be that desirable (in my opinion).

BTW, what is the D-Type doing listed under "Street"? Surely it should be a GT, or maybe even a Prototype as the E-Type was its ultimate result.

#6 LoneWolfGAM

LoneWolfGAM

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 194 posts
  • Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/gregorio.miron
  • Twitter:@LoneWolfGAM
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:41 PM

I would say yes, we got enough street cars we know and love. And scores of people are constantly, crazily, irritatingly pushing to have more race cars, especially stock cars and rally cars. So if giving them race cars gets them to zip their lips than that'll be an easy breathe for most of us.

"I don't have to sell my soul /He's already in me... I don't need to sell my soul /He's already in me...
I wanna be adored..."
I wanna be adored- The Stone Roses @}-;-'---

#7 ingange

ingange

Crew Chief

• 504 posts
  • LocationMaribor

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:51 PM

I love race cars ! But street cars are fun too ! There is nothing wrong to race street cars . In fact there shuld be more races with street cars  .

Racing is what real men do while the boys play football .

http://addictedtospeed.enjin.com/ <--- Home Of Addicted To Speed

#8 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:32 PM

Going backwards, these are the most recently introduced cars, with the street cars highlighted:

Pontiac Firebird
Fiat 500 Abarth
Volvo C30
Chevy Cruze
BMW 320TC/320si
SEAT León
Lotus 72
McLaren MP4-29
Jaguar D-Type
Nissan GT-R GT3
Pagani Huayra
Chevy Corvette Sting Ray
(Dallara Indycar paint jobs)
McLaren M8C
Chevy Camaro RS/SS
Subaru STi
Lotus 88B

That's 5 street cars and 11 race cars.  I think that's a good ratio.  I think one issue with the street cars is the lack of Porsches and Ferraris.  To (sort of) make up for that, the street GT-R, Corvette C7, 650S, and P1 need to be in the game. Oh and the Acura NSX and Honda S2000.

#9 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:58 PM

I like street cars... so I voted no. I like also race cars, so it's nice to have street and race cars. Of course there are cars that we like and some that we dislike. For example I'm not a fan of the new pontiac, but I'm waiting if the Honda Civic EP3 Type R comes :D

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#10 lachiasse

lachiasse

Semi-Pro

• 179 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:24 PM

no way, im here BECAUSE SRW got street and oldies, street cars are so much fun, we can have track time with friends door to door or bumpers to bumpers and still get out of it alive, with the racers, the most little slip or error bring terrible damage.

beside, i dont like driving race cars with locked setups, might as well drive something that has no setups at all ;-)

i think the more street cars we have the better it will be, im currently trying to match cars in order to have some interresting events.

Sportscar Driving Evolution

We help young teams to get started!

#11 styleracer

styleracer

Semi-Pro

• 104 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:34 PM

hi at all i love to race with streetcars but

i think we need more pickups like dodge ram ,chevrolet silverado, vw amerok and not to foget the hummer h1

greats styleracer

#12 rtmetz92

rtmetz92

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 659 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:07 PM

That's 5 street cars and 11 race cars.  I think that's a good ratio.  I think one issue with the street cars is the lack of Porsches and Ferraris.  To (sort of) make up for that, the street GT-R, Corvette C7, 650S, and P1 need to be in the game. Oh and the Acura NSX and Honda S2000.

I like the way you think. I really hope these cars are introduced in SRW.

Speed&Power Motorsport team administrator

You are welcome to join the team -> http://speedandpower.enjin.com/

#13 Depco

Depco

Seasoned

• 97 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:13 AM

The street cars have essentially taken over the QR recently. If I wanted to drive street cars I will simply take my real cars out to a desolated curvy road and drive fast. I come here and other sims to drive cars I will never be able to see in real life, let alone drive. The WTCC series was a ton of fun, but where have the QR for those gone?

As stated in another post hot laps and cash races suck because you are racing against a time not against another player directly. The whole reason racing started was to race against other people in similar cars. How boring would a drag race be if it was one car at a time. Bleh. Maybe we should talk WTCC and F1 and NASCAR and GTE into running hot laps. Ill bet that will bring the crowds.

But I digress. Racing is about being better than the other guy. Having a better setup, better skills, more knowledge, and maybe a dash of luck. Racing is at its most exciting when it is in purposely built cars designed to go fast. That is not the average street car. 

BTW for those of you who spent credits/cash on street cars, how often do you actually get to race them against other people? Under the current format I am guessing little to none. For those of us who chose to buy race cars it has been even less recently. Hence the poll...

#14 Stiggy

Stiggy

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 209 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW, Australia

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:23 AM

I think street cars should continue to be added, as they are one of this sim's defining features - not many other PC sims have a wide variety of street cars (Assetto Corsa is the only other sim that springs to mind). What really should be done with car releases from now on should be to add 'rivals' to the cars currently in the sim - that is, cars with similar all-round performance or run in the same racing series - rather than add vehicles that have no similarities to others in the sim (such as that Van that was previewed). There should be some exceptions to the rule, however - there really needs to be a NASCAR style stock car for the many ovals for instance.

Something that could be worth considering for street cars is allowing for racing modifications, as seen in the some of the Gran Turismo games. This would transform a street car to a stripped out racer, complete with aero kit, rollcage, slicks, performance modifications and a racing livery.

"Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen in Le Mans

Racing and hotlapping for 4 years in Simraceway

#15 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts
  • LocationHorley, England.

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:59 AM

Going backwards, these are the most recently introduced cars, with the street cars highlighted:

Pontiac Firebird
Fiat 500 Abarth
Volvo C30
Chevy Cruze
BMW 320TC/320si
SEAT León
Lotus 72
McLaren MP4-29
Jaguar D-Type
Nissan GT-R GT3
Pagani Huayra
Chevy Corvette Sting Ray
McLaren M8C
Chevy Camaro RS/SS
Subaru STi
Lotus 88B

If you look at all the cars in the game, it's 69 street cars and 53 race cars, so the greater number of race cars recently has helped to balance it up a bit more. If it was kept around 50:50 then it would keep everyone happy.

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

#16 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:21 PM

I think street cars should continue to be added, as they are one of this sim's defining features - not many other PC sims have a wide variety of street cars (Assetto Corsa is the only other sim that springs to mind). What really should be done with car releases from now on should be to add 'rivals' to the cars currently in the sim - that is, cars with similar all-round performance or run in the same racing series - rather than add vehicles that have no similarities to others in the sim (such as that Van that was previewed). There should be some exceptions to the rule, however - there really needs to be a NASCAR style stock car for the many ovals for instance.

Something that could be worth considering for street cars is allowing for racing modifications, as seen in the some of the Gran Turismo games. This would transform a street car to a stripped out racer, complete with aero kit, rollcage, slicks, performance modifications and a racing livery.

This is a very, very good ideia! :D

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#17 sierra28

sierra28

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationArad, Romania

Posted 09 October 2014 - 05:38 AM

after what you said i only think of aston martin v10 and the hard core race version of it 

so i agree with you

Sierra28 member of SDEv

#18 sierra28

sierra28

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationArad, Romania

Posted 09 October 2014 - 05:45 AM

If you look at all the cars in the game, it's 69 street cars and 53 race cars, so the greater number of race cars recently has helped to balance it up a bit more. If it was kept around 50:50 then it would keep everyone happy.

Pontiac Firebird
Fiat 500 Abarth
Volvo C30
Chevy Cruze
BMW 320TC/320si
SEAT León
Lotus 72
McLaren MP4-29
Jaguar D-Type
Nissan GT-R GT3
Pagani Huayra
Chevy Corvette Sting Ray
McLaren M8C
Chevy Camaro RS/SS
Subaru STi
Lotus 88B

what about Ferrari Testarossa, lamborgini countach, Ferrari F40, Lamborghini diablo, porsche 959 , porche 930 turbo, aston martin v8 zagato, ferrari 288 gto

Sierra28 member of SDEv

#19 styleracer

styleracer

Semi-Pro

• 104 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:36 AM

hi at all

ferrari and lambos are possible you can make a topic in feedback and sugestions but ea owns the license from porsche and they dont share the licence :-(

greats styleracer

#20 mxsr

mxsr

Semi-Pro

• 129 posts
  • LocationCologne,Germany

Posted 09 October 2014 - 12:16 PM

Its about street car racing on race tracks :)

Just think about all the people who are driving the Nürburgring Touristenfahrten.

6000 miles,

21 cars,

and 0$$$.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users