2 replies to this topic

#1 YardStick

YardStick

Seasoned

• 98 posts
  • LocationTampere Finland

Posted 21 September 2014 - 01:44 PM

It's not a biggie, but it's annoying.

I think Megane RS's hoodcam is a bit too high, a bit too far back, and tilted too much down. It makes the track seem narrower than it is, and the car feel wide and tall like combine harvester.

Simraceway_Megane_RS_Hoodcam.jpg

Here's Megane Trophy's Hoodcam, which is OK. So you can compare.

Spoiler

I'd like the hoodcam (TV-cockpit cam) be in the same height and same angle as the helmet cam, only centered and moved forward, just in front of the windshield and wipers. :)

Any thoughts?

"Drive these cars like you drink your coffee! Always with a smile, even if it's too hot at first and you burn your lips. It will taste great after a while!" - Tiptoe -
My YouTube Stuff -- Like! Comment! Subscribe! <-- Shameless request.

#2 Axeracing

Axeracing

Seasoned

• 92 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 01:59 PM

Yes, there are several cars that need the tv camera adjusted. I've started using bumper cam because they are more consistent, and you still get the mirrors. It would be pretty cool if they would make it adjustable so we could place it where we want it!

#3 DevonK

DevonK

Seasoned

• 75 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:46 PM

Totally agree - this is an annoying problem and makes the cars with it (several others including the Z4) less fun to drive than competitors' versions of the same car. It should be a relatively easy fix (I can do it myself on Simbin titles, it's just a coordinate set in a car file), I don't understand why these have been like this for well over a year now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TV-cockpit, hoodcam, position, Renault, Megane RS 250

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users