RENAULT RS-01

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MADPOWER

MADPOWER

Novice

• 13 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:10 PM

Hi all this is my wish...i will only put link because i wrongly submited some where else,so...

perhaps some kind enough moderator of this forum can copy/past it to here :lol:

Here it ishttp://community.sim...ishlist-thread/

Thanks!

Keep up the good work

#2 1.7_petrol

1.7_petrol

Novice

• 47 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:39 PM

Begin the drawings! lol

#3 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 10:03 PM

I'm an aerodynamics geek. And this car is the reincarnation of my dreams!

Everything was made to be both beautiful and as aerodynamically efficient as you can think of. They checked it against their Formula 3.5 and say, it produces as much downforce and stability. Which is awesome for a GT-like one-make.

But please don't take an MK-40 model, stiffen the springs, change the body optics and give it back to us as a Renault RS.01!

This car has to be with love for details, as there are many of them. Not only optics.

20141129_142514.jpg

Owner of SDEv
Sportscar Driving Evolution

We help young teams to get started!

#4 MADPOWER

MADPOWER

Novice

• 13 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:21 PM

Begin the drawings! lol

Great

thanks!

Sorry guys i had this topic else where...did not remember i did this on here, thaks for your interest...

nice video of it!;)

#5 MADPOWER

MADPOWER

Novice

• 13 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:25 PM

I'm an aerodynamics geek. And this car is the reincarnation of my dreams!

Everything was made to be both beautiful and as aerodynamically efficient as you can think of. They checked it against their Formula 3.5 and say, it produces as much downforce and stability. Which is awesome for a GT-like one-make.

But please don't take an MK-40 model, stiffen the springs, change the body optics and give it back to us as a Renault RS.01!

This car has to be with love for details, as there are many of them. Not only optics.

20141129_142514.jpg

Yes !me too!:)

that`s what i love in this car...not only beautifull as effective...born from scrach thinking high on competicion.

Grabing the best there is already like chassis and engine and suit up with the best tecnolloggy avaiable!

And it sounds so ...awesome!and we could enter some nice events with it.GT, DTM, Endurance like 24h Le Mans.

That would be nice!

#6 MADPOWER

MADPOWER

Novice

• 13 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:27 PM

this was the link for specs in my original post:http://www.dailyspor...ortunities.html

And don`t forget...very important, the engine is longitudinal central rear, wich give im the best balance, since is almost in middle of the car...is a Super machineIt`s a WINNER! lol

#7 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:24 PM

They checked it against their Formula 3.5 and say, it produces as much downforce and stability. Which is awesome for a GT-like one-make.

This is not surprising because open-wheel cars inherently have worse aerodynamics than a full-bodied prototype. That's why F1 teams have to spend so much money creating those complex curves on the bodywork and wings.

The Mégane Trophy was a bit confusing because it was a "GT-like one-make" racer, except that it was not a production-based GT. Internally it did not resemble the front-engine FWD street Mégane at all. It was a mid-engine rear-drive prototype. The Trophy is one of my favorite cars to drive in SRW because it's so fun to drive (if you like high-downforce prototypes).

The RS 01 makes no pretense of being based on a street car, it's just designed as a maximum performance spec prototype, and it looks like it significantly exceeds the Mégane Trophy's performance. Since SRW likes Renaults as much as McLarens, I hope to see the RS 01 in-game ASAP!

And it sounds so ...awesome! and we could enter some nice events with it. GT, DTM, Endurance like 24h Le Mans.

I doubt the RS 01 would be able to enter anything other than the one-make series it was designed for. I don't think it remotely fits the specs of any other series. The Mégane Trophy and RS 01 are unique, awesome spec racers that live in their own worlds.

#8 MADPOWER

MADPOWER

Novice

• 13 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 01:26 PM

i know that to be turismo series it have to, based on series producion car on market, i just spoke this because at the time they were not yet sure where to "fit" this baby. When i spoke about endurance or GT, i ment in game. not in realitty, unless that a new GT classe was made or rules were changed.What i know is that clearlly they tryed to make a racing machine, on every detail.

Could be in is own trophy or endurance, or ultimatly it can go to GT as well, cause  don`t forget that  releasing 25.000 units its all that takes to be consider a normal market producion car.;)

That was why the maserati was late to be aproved in GT series, but them make up for it, cause was build like this renault.

First you think on competicion, only then you ensure what you need to considere it producion car.

I alsoi agree that this model deserves phisics of their one

M.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users