59 replies to this topic

#1 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:40 AM

HEADS UP TO LOGITECH USERS :

I had noticed that some of the setups found in the forum had some faults for me , firstly it did not provide good feedback of traction loss at the limit and also steering response was a bit delayed causing me to miss apexes on quick corners.

so After consulting with Coss and other experienced racers , i came across this simple solution.

* First Download the controller file made by coss ( https://www.dropbox....oller.coss?dl=0) and rename to " controller.ini".

* Go to Appdata->Roaming->simraceway->USERDATA->(the folder with your username) and replace the existing controller.ini file with the new one.

* do not change the in game setting sliders ,  just remap the buttons to your liking.

* no need to save as a new profile , just hit apply and it will auto save to the .ini file .

* in the Logitech profiler create new profile for simracewayGame.exe and the settings should be as in the image attached . ( Change the Strength slider to your liking ) .

* degrees of rotation too vary according to personal choice  going from 270 deg all the way upto 900 for some drivers.

Attached Files

Niranjan Kumar           SQ ~ 1000

India                  Team SDEv

#2 nolanbowlin

nolanbowlin

Seasoned

• 71 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:01 PM

I like the .ini file. It seems to the help.

27 Time LFS Champion - www.inex-racing.com - www.btpmovies.com - iRacing DWC Competitor

#3 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:57 AM

I like the .ini file. It seems to the help.

yes Nolan ... it makes a big difference....

#4 gymwhaley

gymwhaley

Novice

• 13 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:02 PM

Thx niraceway. This has made a huge diffrence.....

#5 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:23 PM

Thx niraceway. This has made a huge diffrence.....

your welcome gym

#6 lachiasse

lachiasse

Semi-Pro

• 179 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:51 AM

i havent made better laps yet, but the feel is way better than i tough it would, im feeling the tarmac now, and also my brakes...

im sure laps time will improve when ifeel better.

Thank you Niraceway. it renew the game for me ;-)

Sportscar Driving Evolution

We help young teams to get started!

#7 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:24 PM

i havent made better laps yet, but the feel is way better than i tough it would, im feeling the tarmac now, and also my brakes...

im sure laps time will improve when ifeel better.

Thank you Niraceway. it renew the game for me ;-)

you are welcome team mate :D ... ofcourse the thanks has to go to coss for working on the .ini file... and all the experienced racers for advising me on the settings :)

#8 j_smith

j_smith

Semi-Pro

• 159 posts
  • Facebook:Tsukki.Zakki
  • Twitter:Jezzay86
  • LocationCayman Islands

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:18 PM

I tried this a few nights ago - it's extremly good!!

Nice work niraceway!!!

#9 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:25 PM

I tried this a few nights ago - it's extremly good!!

Nice work niraceway!!!

np smith :)

#10 Reno

Reno

Semi-Pro

• 106 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:45 PM

I didn't reply immediately because I needed to test this setting properly, for a long period of time. Actually, I had already installed the "special" controller.ini file before but I had also used in-game settings given in another forum thread.

After you posted this topic, I followed your advice and reset all the force feedback settings to their initial value, always with the controller.ini file. The result was quite different. The kickback around the middle point is stronger, with a better feel of the road. Sometimes though, the vibrations are exagerated and the wheel is furiously shaking in a flat straight for no real reason.

I really like the progressive force feedback in the corners. I am surprised to get such a different feeling from one car to another, even in a same category. For example, the SEAT Leon feels smooth while the Chevy Cruze is harder to keep straight, like a freakin rodeo bull. That's great!

I still have a problem: past a certain steering angle, there is no more force feedback. I guess it's supposed to mimic the loss of grip or traction but it happens quickly and brutally, as if the steering snaps. It feels weird.

One question: how much degrees of rotation should I use ? I set it to 500° because I read in another topic that the game was designed to run like that. But I always have to increase the steering lock on every car. Should I set it to 360° and not change the steering lock?

Maybe there is something more important than just winning races. (Mark Donohue)
All race drivers return to the obscurity they came from. (Mark Donohue)

A noi date vittoria e poi l'eterna gloria in paradisu.

#11 ingange

ingange

Crew Chief

• 504 posts
  • LocationMaribor

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:45 AM

Yes that is what i did to avoid always changing steering lock .
Racing is what real men do while the boys play football .

http://addictedtospeed.enjin.com/ <--- Home Of Addicted To Speed

#12 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:22 AM

I didn't reply immediately because I needed to test this setting properly, for a long period of time. Actually, I had already installed the "special" controller.ini file before but I had also used in-game settings given in another forum thread.

After you posted this topic, I followed your advice and reset all the force feedback settings to their initial value, always with the controller.ini file. The result was quite different. The kickback around the middle point is stronger, with a better feel of the road. Sometimes though, the vibrations are exagerated and the wheel is furiously shaking in a flat straight for no real reason.

I really like the progressive force feedback in the corners. I am surprised to get such a different feeling from one car to another, even in a same category. For example, the SEAT Leon feels smooth while the Chevy Cruze is harder to keep straight, like a freakin rodeo bull. That's great!

I still have a problem: past a certain steering angle, there is no more force feedback. I guess it's supposed to mimic the loss of grip or traction but it happens quickly and brutally, as if the steering snaps. It feels weird.

One question: how much degrees of rotation should I use ? I set it to 500° because I read in another topic that the game was designed to run like that. But I always have to increase the steering lock on every car. Should I set it to 360° and not change the steering lock?

iv never had the problem of wheel shaking on the straights ....maybe u have not reset all parameters ?? ... I would advice you to completely delete the old .ini file ...download new one and start again... maybe you are having ffb strength too high in profiler , I run 55% ... and as for rotation I find 500 deg too much , I run 360 and still reduce steering lock on all cars .

#13 Reno

Reno

Semi-Pro

• 106 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:58 AM

iv never had the problem of wheel shaking on the straights ....maybe u have not reset all parameters ?? ... I would advice you to completely delete the old .ini file ...download new one and start again... maybe you are having ffb strength too high in profiler , I run 55% ... and as for rotation I find 500 deg too much , I run 360 and still reduce steering lock on all cars .

I think I had already downloaded the .ini file again, just in case it had been modified in the mean time. But I didn't check the sliders. The ffb feels good, especially in the corners, but the vibrations are sometimes too strong around the middle point. Maybe I should lower a parameter somewhere. I'll check that.

I will also try to run with 360° and see the result.

By the way, I didn't say "thanks"! This topic was helpful so many thanks! :)

#14 Reno

Reno

Semi-Pro

• 106 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:44 AM

The 360° degrees of rotation work fine, you were right. Now I don't have to increase the steering lock as much as I previously did and the end result is the same.

I played with the "magnitude" sliders but I still don't understand where does all this wheel-shaking thing comes from. It happens at low speed, when you lift the thottle, for example in the pit lane. I wonder if it's supposed to mimic a low-rev situation, when the engine is close to stalling.

#15 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 08 October 2014 - 02:19 PM

The 360° degrees of rotation work fine, you were right. Now I don't have to increase the steering lock as much as I previously did and the end result is the same.

I played with the "magnitude" sliders but I still don't understand where does all this wheel-shaking thing comes from. It happens at low speed, when you lift the thottle, for example in the pit lane. I wonder if it's supposed to mimic a low-rev situation, when the engine is close to stalling.

im not sure ...maybe the steering column forces being exaggerated there.... I think it would be fine if you lower the FFB strength setting in Logitech profiler ..

#16 Ilia Ralic

Ilia Ralic

Semi-Pro

• 164 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:33 AM

hello, I use a DFGT and this is the best setup i've used so far, it gets rid of the annoying rumbling at mid column and gives good info for grip braking point

But it does not give enough feedback for the road bumps/surface the understeer,the engine,the gears and the braking

If i give more ff strength from profiler or turn ingame feedback from medium to high  it gives better feedback but the mid column rumbling comes back and also the wheel is way too hard to turn

if a dev could make a dfgt specific ini file would be much appreciated

and another thing,a heads up for people with shimmering tail lights.

I was losing straight speed because of the brake pedal being slightly pressed on its own.An ingame deadzone(profiler didn't help) of 1-4 solves the problem,

butragueno44 :)

#17 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:12 PM

hello, I use a DFGT and this is the best setup i've used so far, it gets rid of the annoying rumbling at mid column and gives good info for grip braking point

But it does not give enough feedback for the road bumps/surface the understeer,the engine,the gears and the braking

If i give more ff strength from profiler or turn ingame feedback from medium to high  it gives better feedback but the mid column rumbling comes back and also the wheel is way too hard to turn

I was losing straight speed because of the brake pedal being slightly pressed on its own.An ingame deadzone(profiler didn't help) of 1-4 solves the problem,

im not sure about dfgt.... but in g27 , the ffb is really good , and strong (I had to tone down profiler strength to 50 ) ..... the .ini is for all Logitech wheels I believe.... maybe you will get used to new ffb after a while  ... excessive or wrong ffb can be a hindrance..

#18 YardStick

YardStick

Seasoned

• 98 posts
  • LocationTampere Finland

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:16 PM

Hi, DFGT user here, and using this .ini as it is.

What I found helpful was to turn the Overall effects strength down to 70 - 80% (I think I have it at 70 at the moment)

I also ditched the logitech profiler (keep the drivers), and do my settings via controlpanel -> devices&printers -> right click the DFGT -> game controller properties (Or something like that) -> etc. Don't know if that really matters or not, some use the profiler and some don't. :)

About them brakes, I've noticed the same thing, but what I found helpful was to find your way either to options, or to setups  next to pit tab, and in slow pace fully press and then release your pedals one at the time, several times. Check the red bars on the pedal images. They should get better after some thoughtful stomping. If not, then fix the deadzones.

Simraceway-pedals.jpg

"Drive these cars like you drink your coffee! Always with a smile, even if it's too hot at first and you burn your lips. It will taste great after a while!" - Tiptoe -
My YouTube Stuff -- Like! Comment! Subscribe! <-- Shameless request.

#19 Reno

Reno

Semi-Pro

• 106 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:59 AM

About them brakes, I've noticed the same thing, but what I found helpful was to find your way either to options, or to setups  next to pit tab, and in slow pace fully press and then release your pedals one at the time, several times. Check the red bars on the pedal images. They should get better after some thoughtful stomping. If not, then fix the deadzones.

I have to do the same thing with my G27. After plugging the wheel and launching a game (any game), I floor every pedals twice to regain a full analogic response. Then I alt-tab back to the Logitech Profiler and finally to the game again. Indeed, the graphics in the option menu shows you if it's working well.

#20 Ilia Ralic

Ilia Ralic

Semi-Pro

• 164 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 01 November 2014 - 05:08 PM

to address the issues i mentioned above i changed some stuff and found a proper ff setup for my DFGT   Attached File  Image6.jpg   136.83KB   3 downloads

butragueno44 :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: controller setup, Logitech setup, G25, G27, DFGT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users