Photo

Simraceway WTCC Championship

simraceway wtcc championship seat leon bmw 320 chevrolet cruze volvo c30 prizes cash

• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

#21 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:32 PM

Nearly there, dimagico. Everything that we do is there for a very good reason and we are putting a high priority on real world associations. 

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#22 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:42 PM

Drivers, please make sure to get ready for the races, that is both mentally and technically. Focus, think about (or imagine) the potential development of the race, especially on the opening laps. Treat it seriously. Then make sure that your PC is fresh and ready to handle it all.

I've done plenty of server updates a few days ago and these should improve the overall performance.

Good luck  :)

I will share the lists of qualified on web chat at the right time!

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#23 ToniA

ToniA

Novice

• 15 posts
  • Facebook:toni.anicic
  • LocationMünchen

Posted 07 September 2014 - 04:17 PM

Il give a try.

#24 D1AMONDBACK

D1AMONDBACK

Seasoned

• 69 posts
  • LocationExeter, England

Posted 07 September 2014 - 08:22 PM

here are the finishing positions fore 900-1100 b race 1

1.devilbevin                                           22points

2.Jm001                                                20points

3.lazoros                                               18points

4.D1AMONDBACK                               16points

5.SPM-Ragster                                     14points

6.dahrec                                                12points

7.andreueikepasa                                 10points

8.ingage                                                9points

Hopefuly this will go some way to us keeping track of our championships, sry if I spelt anyones name wrong.

Obviously these are provisional results pending any penaltys cossaco has to give out.

And sry for not including the dnfs but the server does not show you.

#25 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:06 PM

Yet again I qualified poorly (relatively to my hot lap time) for the SQ 500-900 A race, lining up P10 on the grid.  I was hoping to just drive a steady race and avoid those red curbs of death.  I managed to drive a clean steady race behind robnitro.  I almost rear-ended him a couple times and had to shift down to 1st gear, severely overrevving my Volvo's engine—I was fearful of blowing up the engine but it survived.  I didn't have enough to attack robnitro but eventually andybob came up behind me and applied heavy pressure.  I made my car very wide a couple of times to fend him off.  There were some collisions in front of me and firefall ran out of gas, so just staying out of trouble resulted in a P4 finish.  I'm happy to have survived this race without incident. :)

Edit: Upon reviewing the replay, I just noticed that andybob was attacking me the whole race, but I was so focused on robnitro in front of me that I didn't even notice it until later in the race. :rolleyes:

As usual, I will be tracking the SQ 500-900 championship here:

http://www.dg42.net/...mpionships.html

#26 rtmetz92

rtmetz92

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 659 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:23 PM

It was the first time I qualified diractly for the 900-1000 A race and I quite liked it, due to the close racing action. In the AR race, there was some dirty driving which caused my car to collect some damage. My car even flipped and then hit the wall due to contact, which made me loose a lot of places/points, isn't it, VANPANTHER???  :angry:

Anyway, looking forward to qualify again for A race, but it is not going to be easy :)

See you guys on track

Speed&Power Motorsport team administrator

You are welcome to join the team -> http://speedandpower.enjin.com/

#27 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:37 PM

some misterious game freezes and CTD-s... and connection problems. Had quite a few of them in last month... also some in PQ, but that i can swallow, but with no reason in the middle of the race... i hope it´s not something which can be expected in every event. <_<

#28 YardStick

YardStick

Seasoned

• 98 posts
  • LocationTampere Finland

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:07 PM

Wasn't my day. At all.

First of all Laguna Seca just isn't my favourite track. I hate it. For some reason, there are 2-3 corners where everybody else seems to be waayy faster than me. I just can't get them figured. Aaaand I had reltively busy week, so I didn't have as much time to practice as I would have wanted. Yes. I come out of the closet: I have a life.

Though I have to say I love the red blocks of concrete in the corners at Seca. We should have them on every track!
I love them so much I just had to hug one of them on my way out of the t3 on lap 6.
And then I had to show off with my stunt driving skills and drive on two wheels and slide on my door out of the track. Didn't have time to do the world famous 'driving upside down like an aussie' - trick, but the show was outraeous enough without it. - Got to love the Big Bad Red Concrete Blocks! (Flag Namit!)
- Luckily I didn't ruin anyones race other than mine.

And then I noticed I was running out of gas like 4 laps before the end. I tried to save the fuel, despite the efforts it ran out and my engine died on the last lap on the 11th turn.  And my car stopped like 300m before the line. Oh, the rage!

Despite all this ¤#%&! hitting the fan, I had a great time.

Demitri did a great job with the stream -> kudos!
And hearing Liam doing his comentatory really kicks ass! It instantly puts me in the good mood. It brings so much good spirit to the game and the community. I hope he's here to stay.

Thank you!

"Drive these cars like you drink your coffee! Always with a smile, even if it's too hot at first and you burn your lips. It will taste great after a while!" - Tiptoe -
My YouTube Stuff -- Like! Comment! Subscribe! <-- Shameless request.

#29 devilbevin

devilbevin

Semi-Pro

• 134 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:55 PM

Happy to get the win today. In the end it was comfortable thanks to other drivers making mistakes. Unfortunately there was a full grid in A so I couldn't show what I could do there.  Sorry for the move at the start JM001, I shouldn't have opened and closed the door like I did.

Imo, it's a really nice calendar but I'm not sure where the real world connections are. Laguna Seca was probably the worst and it was still fun.

#30 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:43 PM

Well, I'm very happy for this week :D

First place in the hotlap, first place in the race qualifying and first place in the race! (and while I did that, a 16 year old boy won a race here in Autodromo do Algarve :P

I got pole position so I could drive in a more conservative way... but if I had to fight for some places, I think I was well prepared. The Seat Leon (of Tiago Monteiro, of course, portuguese proud :D ) had a good perfomance, even with lots of fuel (while people were getting out of fuel, I could do more 6 or 7 laps  

Pity that firefall had no fuel :( We were having a nice battle :) 

Well, I'm very happy for winning the race without any problems: the wheel didn't reset thanks to game companion (and thanks robnitro :D ), and, somehow, I didnt had the audio lag.

Laguna Seca isa kind of a special track for me... It was there that I did my first SRO race, and now the first win in a high class :D

Now let's see how it's sonoma... the last race there was with a indycar or a Audi R8 GT3 if I remember well. Zandvoort is cool too, but the fps arent very good on mid-ohio :/

Now my goal is to win the championship, but probably I wont win it XD There are many good racers out there.

BTW I had an idea for a new class. Talking with some people, now in WTCC races some good players are out, and there are some 900-1100 racers out too.

My idea was to mix the (very) good 500-900 racers, and the not so good 900-1100 racers. Why? Some 500-900 racers want a bit more of action and want to improve more, and some 900-1100 racers aren't too fast to compete with others 900-1100 racers, so they dont like SQ and do less races...

How could the mix be done? By 2 ways:

1 - Top 7 of 500-900 class and Top 29-36 of 900-1100 would compete in that class

2 - Create a new hotlap for who is interested in that idea, this way, the top 14 would qualify

This is just an idea, but I would like to know what you guys, and SRW, thinks about it :)

PS - Seeing the youtube replay of the race (good job and thanks demitri ), and the unofficial results of the champ, puts a big smile in my face :D

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#31 nolanbowlin

nolanbowlin

Seasoned

• 71 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:34 AM

This series really makes you push and throw the block on your opponents more than almost any other I've ever done. It reminds me of iTCC. So intense.

There is an idea for a series Coss... Same cars for everyone but with added ballast depending on championship points. We did that in iTCC and it was the closest championship I'd ever been in.

As for today I scored good points and that's all I care about. I had to put some blocks on Mike that I feel confident where clean but I would really like to race Mike head to head. In the AR race it's hard to do. Hopefully we can go toe to toe in the A race next week.

I just can't get any speed out of the car in the first race. It takes me ten races laps to get really moving. Still got to work on some consistency issues.

Everyone did a good job on a whole today. I think we all had a great time.

27 Time LFS Champion - www.inex-racing.com - www.btpmovies.com - iRacing DWC Competitor

#32 vanPanther

vanPanther

Seasoned

• 56 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:44 PM

It was the first time I qualified diractly for the 900-1000 A race and I quite liked it, due to the close racing action. In the AR race, there was some dirty driving which caused my car to collect some damage. My car even flipped and then hit the wall due to contact, which made me loose a lot of places/points, isn't it, VANPANTHER???  :angry:

Anyway, looking forward to qualify again for A race, but it is not going to be easy :)

See you guys on track

xD

no words really. you guys are really really amazing.

crashing me in everyrace without that sitiuations, just stupid driving and than attacking me for your crash ???? xD

you watched the replay. ?? what should i do in that situation ? you alsomst spinning in front of me and behind me shaun?

but when we talking about stupid driving :)

nice move from ag06 at the start when he pushed me offtrack just to block me. thats nice driving :)

and thx to grafindel for the divebombs. coming from 10meters behind me and trying to overtake me. crasing into my car, np, nice move ;)

and before i forget it. nice move from you before the crash with me. you hit mike from behind and spun him. nolin almost spun too because of that. nice move. that racing with the "new" Group A guys is really funny to watch (sadly no idea of real racing.) :)

last championship. 8 races. in 3 i got hit for nithing and lost many races. thats fun racing :)

and now i have to apologize for my stupid driving, because of your great move before ? :)

i am getting really to old for this ^^

k. sorry metz that you spun after you took mike out of the race.

you should ask him what he thinks about that ;)

coss i know. "vocaly and very very big hater"

but i did a lot :)

maybe it helps ^^

cya next crashderby

PS: fun is over. you guys wanna race like that. np.

#33 vanPanther

vanPanther

Seasoned

• 56 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:27 PM

was a great start for me. race was 5 seconds old before grafindel decided to crash me and ag06 decided that the bmw should be offtrack :)

more vids to come. waiting for your reactions. when you guys say it was everythink ok than it was my fault and i have to learn driving (racing) with you guys.

my car was yellow from almost all sides after 1st corner

and that was the restart :)

1st start i managed 10sek of driving before somebody spun me on straight and than chaos. i know some guys where really unhappy about that. sorry

#34 rtmetz92

rtmetz92

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 659 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:36 PM

xD

no words really. you guys are really really amazing.

crashing me in everyrace without that sitiuations, just stupid driving and than attacking me for your crash ???? xD

you watched the replay. ?? what should i do in that situation ? you alsomst spinning in front of me and behind me shaun?

but when we talking about stupid driving :)

nice move from ag06 at the start when he pushed me offtrack just to block me. thats nice driving :)

and thx to grafindel for the divebombs. coming from 10meters behind me and trying to overtake me. crasing into my car, np, nice move ;)

and before i forget it. nice move from you before the crash with me. you hit mike from behind and spun him. nolin almost spun too because of that. nice move. that racing with the "new" Group A guys is really funny to watch (sadly no idea of real racing.) :)

last championship. 8 races. in 3 i got hit for nithing and lost many races. thats fun racing :)

and now i have to apologize for my stupid driving, because of your great move before ? :)

i am getting really to old for this ^^

k. sorry metz that you spun after you took mike out of the race.

you should ask him what he thinks about that ;)

coss i know. "vocaly and very very big hater"

but i did a lot :)

maybe it helps ^^

cya next crashderby

PS: fun is over. you guys wanna race like that. np.

Yesterday I was angry due to sustaining contact so much times, that I even forgot to apologise.

Regarding that turn 2 incident, I was driving very close to StuntmanMike and saw my reference point for braking way too late. Therefore, my non-intentional contact caused some trouble. My apologies to nolan and to Mike for the contact.

vanPanther, when there is smoke ahead and nowhere to go, the whole field of cars behind just stops. Unfortunately, it is common to see in simracing that under such situations - cars spinning due to a racing incident (which was my case) ahead or yellow flags - drivers just do not take the foot out of the gas.

No need for anyone to get angry, let's just hope and work (I will do that too) in order to attenuate such situations in the future, specially restarts during the first moments of the race, due to major incidents.

#35 vanPanther

vanPanther

Seasoned

• 56 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:39 PM

next great move from gralfindel. you are 10m behind a car in front of you. no problem just dont brake and use the car in front of you to slow down and get into right direction.

when you lucky the other car is damaged too

@gral. you did that in every race. is that fair for you ?

trying overtakes where is no chance for an overtake ?

doesnt matter if you crash into other cars ? or is this your plan ? destroying other cars and annoying the drivers ?

when i go a bit faster into that corner, you completly knock me out of the race.

or was it your plan and you missed me this time ?

on sivlerstone you did it too. 2 times. pushing me there out of the corner, divebombing and some contacts too.

i really need to understand if i am wrong with my driving.

i know coss told contacts are alowed. but i really have to learn driving this new style

before i look like an old man on the track and everybody overtakes me because i dont have any idea from this kind of racing :D

#36 vanPanther

vanPanther

Seasoned

• 56 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:29 PM

@rags: i need your help to tell me why it was my fault or mikes fault. i am sure you will find someting :D

#37 rtmetz92

rtmetz92

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 659 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:37 PM

@rags: i need your help to tell me why it was my fault or mikes fault. i am sure you will find someting :D

vanpanther, in that replay I don't see you applying the brakes all the way up until you find a gap to pass safely. It was like no-one was in front of you. That is all I have to say.

#38 vanPanther

vanPanther

Seasoned

• 56 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:11 PM

ok. tryed it to explain. but next time i will hit the brakes in the corner as hard as possbile and wait that the chaos in front is over.

you should try the bmw and go into a corner and than hit the brakes. really fun :)

try out.

mike blocked the complete corner and you tryed to overtake him in the inside. but i was there. so your overtaking attempt after spinning mike gone wrong. my fault. ok. i never had a crash in srw that it wasnt my fault. so its ok ;)

i am known for that. just ask ragster :)

you are destryoing the race of a guy who is going to win this championship and thats all you thining about.

vanpanther dont braked enough to avoid the crash !! ...... and btw i crashed the fastest car on track, BBUUUT vanpanther should learn driving ^^

amazing

i know that is really fun for coss and the "slower drivers" that we have a reverse grid.

i feel like a 3 course meal on track for the other drivers. but for coss this is great when the top drivers (btw i dont feel like on of them) getting divebombed, crashed, pushed, blocked of the track. we have a lot action now, not 1 lap without somebody getting crashed, blocked, spunned, ..... :) now its more like an survival race for the top drivers :)

not like before with ace, pro, razor, piratella, mike, shaun and some other really good drivers who are respecting each other on track. was really boring to watch. ok.

not sure how long i wanna be the food on track :(

#39 rtmetz92

rtmetz92

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 659 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:42 PM

No, it was not, vanpanther. When I was applying full brakes, then hit Mike, which caused the weight of the car to be transfered all the way to the front. It seems that I was going to overtake from the inside but what really happened is that the back of my car spun. It all happened so quickly, that when I was about to release the brakes and correct my car's "powerslide", it had already flipped.

A friendly advice to you: do not talk about things you do not know 100% (I have just proved you wrong). I really love when people accuse me and claim they know exactly what happened, but it actually is not even close to reality.

No matter what is said in this topic from now on, I won't do any further replies, as all I have written above pretty much explains everything

#40 vanPanther

vanPanther

Seasoned

• 56 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:45 PM

true :)

it explains a lot :)

i was really trying to explain

and yes, no matter how much i try to explain. for you it was my fault. sorry for destryoing your race.

you caused a crash and than complining why not everybody else stopped on track, to give you time to save your spin. and that al in 10 meters and 1 sek of time ^^

last try. mabe you understand it. YOU started the chaos in front of me and i had no place for esacpe. sorry that shaun and me are not superman and have superclue on tires to stopp the car in 10 meters in 1 second of time to avoid the hit against you after causing chaos in front of us :)

and shaun hit my back too because of that. so why you dont say anythink about him. he should stop to or not ? ^^

but really better stop complaining with you.

you caused an accident spinning the top driver of the track and i should get a penalty for not stopping on track to avoid destroying YOUR race.

just tell coss. ;) and you get your position surely back mr team administrator ^^

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: simraceway, wtcc, championship, seat leon, bmw 320, chevrolet cruze, volvo c30, prizes, cash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users