55 replies to this topic

#1 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:34 PM

Dear fellow sim racers,

the former BMW factory race team has decided to leave the brand loyalty be and goes now under the name of Sportscar Driving Evolution!

sdev_header_001.jpg

Thanks to YardStick, our community's valuable graphics guy, for making this awesome banner and a whole design kit for our team!

Here is what we have in mind:

Drivers of every skill range share their experiences and knowledge on how to race a sportscar.

Since we are no longer recruiting, we'd like to help you build your own team and to profite from the benefits of the Simraceway team racing experience. Visit our Website for more information.

These cars do we recommend our members to buy sooner or later. No must, however:

Mazda MX-5 Miata

Lola Simraceway Formula 3

Renault Megane Trophy

Simraceway Kart

any vintage sportscar

any car from the WTCC class

any car from the GT3 class

any car from the GT2 class

Having a bunch of cars owned by each of our members, gives us the opportunity to compare and develop our driving skills in the same cars and even go into competitions as a united team.

The main goal of this team shall be to make each of its participants a better driver, who understands the physics of a racecar and finally becomes able to stretch his limits further and further, no matter what car or track he decides to go racing at.

We invite both new and already experienced drivers to join the team and make it a profitable platform for everyone to grow one's racedrivership at.

Starting with the street car models and progressing through the race classes, we'll bring the team together on the track and make everybody develop car control and speed and knowledge on how to set the car up to fit the track.

In the end, we'd love to see every team member become able to consinstantly and safely drive a race car at night on a difficult track in a mixed class event with many cars and obligatory pit stops, without causing trouble or falling victim to avoidable incidents.

The Sportscar Driving Evolution has now closed its doors.

There will be only hand picked new recruitments to our team in the future.

If you want to give your own new team a shot. Contact us here and profite from our experience in team building and what comes with it.

We'd love to support your idea and help you make the best out of your Simraceway team racing experience!

-The SDEv-Team-

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

current members:

• SDEv- YardStick (web-admin, design)
  • SDEv- lachiasse (coach)
  • SDEv- niraceway (web-admin)
  • SDEv- sierra28 (moderator)
  • SDEv- Alex_Djuzhen
  • SDEv- elitespeedway (coach)
  • SDEv- JohnDaniels
  • SDEv- Iceman7
  • SDEv- Tiptoe (web-admin, owner)
  • SDEv- styleracer
  • SDEv- doodle127
  • SDEv- Mastrorocco
  • SDEv- Andybob
  • Tomcat458

Owner of SDEv
Sportscar Driving Evolution

We help young teams to get started!

#2 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:39 PM

I'm going to prepare myself for the 500-900 sq range of the oncoming WTC Championship. Of course driving the BMW 320TC.

Maybe I already have a team mate to practice with by then.

note: We now have three members qualifying for the current WTCC races. One of them already was on a pole position.

Edited by Tiptoe, 11 September 2014 - 05:13 PM.

Owner of SDEv

#3 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:12 PM

Hi all , would be glad to share any little thing I might know , to start of with here is a link to a couple of setup guides .http://community.sim...ason-1/?p=15670

Niranjan Kumar           SQ ~ 1000

India                  Team SDEv

#4 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:33 PM

Cool thing, somebody put some work into these guides!

I read them both and they are very helpful. They sure will be of great service on the way to faster laps.

Thanks, niraceway!

Owner of SDEv

#5 Doc-Holladay

Doc-Holladay

Novice

• 49 posts
  • LocationMaryland U.S.

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:11 AM

I recommend a website for your team. This would be very important for communications among the members of your team and allow you to deliver information to them on a timely basis. Here are a few recommendations and links to websites allowing you to make a page. If you need any further help with the sites PM me on here and I would be happy to help. Good luck with your crew.

http://www.spruz.com/

http://www.webs.com/

http://www.enjin.com/

Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built. - Henry Ford  

#6 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:43 PM

Alright, preperations for a great team experience are underway!

Thanks to the help of SPM's DocHolladay and rtmetz92, there is going to be a website to put all team contents on, as well as a reserved team speak server, hosted by SRW.

In the end we are going to organise private team events, both practise and competitions.

This shall be a european team in terms of time sets. No restrictions whatsoever, but it's very likely for team events to take place at times comfortable for mid-european players.

Solutions, however, are found, when people talk to each other. Nobody shall be left outside alone.

To give this team some kind of structure, I thought of this:

There shall be up to three rookies be welcome to the team, who are willing to brush up their skills and become advanced drivers someday. I have a special interest in creating a platform to share experiences and learn from each other in actual simracing trainings.

On the other hand we need some advanced drivers to lend a hand with developping the lower level drivers and to give the team the opportunity of some podium finishes during team vs. team competitions.

All in all this team shall consist of about 10 members. If this number should be reached by the time you'd like to enter, please understand, that we might reject applications in order to let new teams grow.

Out of the ten will be 3 to 5 Rookies and Amateurs

alongside with also  3 to 5 Advanced and Senior Racers.

Thus, I believe, we will have a great mixture to both pass knowledge to lower level drivers, making them develop faster, and still give highly competitive drivers the chance to train alongside capable team mates and go race other teams or open SRW events as a team of two or three per skillquant range. The advantages of this need no further advertisement, I guess.

If you're interested in serious lead-and-follow-track-training and competition preperation feauturing draft or overtake-defense-training sessions, reply to this topic or push a private message. We gladly welcome you to the Sportscar Driving Evolution.

Owner of SDEv

#7 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:45 PM

Regarding the concept I have in mind for this team, it seems sensible to change the name.

I agree, that I should have thought about that properly in the first place, before creating this topic, but, you know, there is room for improvement all over the place. So let's get started:

As soon as there sign in the first few members, I'd like to have your vote on whether or not to change the team's name into

BMW Sportscar Driving Evolution

or even to forget about the BMW, but that one, I think, is quite charming. The acronym SDE_ (for Sportscar Driving Evolution) could later be added to your ingame username, if wanted.

So go ahead, post your opinion alongside your declared will to participate.

I'd be happy to organise the first team training event soon!

Owner of SDEv

#8 lachiasse

lachiasse

Semi-Pro

• 179 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:01 PM

since its not limited to beamers i could get my wheels rolling with Tiptoe.

im from canada tho, so my timing might be off a little ;-)

#9 rtmetz92

rtmetz92

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 659 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:28 PM

I am not from the team, but dropping the "BMW" part would make more sense, as the game is not just about BMWs, but you still can drive BMWs only if you want :)

As for the team registrations and team tag requests, I did one form (in Google Drive) for each part, that users could fill if they wanted to join the team or request the team tag. This is just a suggestion, and I am sure you (Tiptoe) will try to figure out the best solution regarding that and also other matters.

Cheers :)

Speed&Power Motorsport team administrator

You are welcome to join the team -> http://speedandpower.enjin.com/

#10 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:17 AM

First things first:

Welcome to the team, lachiasse!

I'm looking forward to "working" with you!

I understand, your vote is against the BMW factory limitation, which I fully comprehend. (The team label, most likely will be "Sportscar Driving Evolution", then.)

I think, the BMW machinery will serve us well, anyways, for training and coaching purposes. At least, that's what I still have in mind.

We will see, how things work out, when a few more people add their well behaved selves to our conspiracy. ;-)

@ rtmetz92:

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I will think of something similar to your Google Drive solution. But first there's need to setup the website and the teamspeak.

Well, referring to the brand loyalty, you might be right. It might be too much of a restriction, since we want to compete with you guys at an even level, someday. ;-)

Owner of SDEv

#11 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:22 AM

There was some reconsideration going on, regarding the team's name and boundaries.

We now call ourselves >>Sportscar Driving Evolution<<.

The team website goes online today and is reached when following this weblink:

http://SDE-team.enjin.com

It's still under construction, but I think I'll be ready to provide you with a good browsing experience by tomorrow.

Everybody interested in joining, please visit the recruitment site and fill in the recruitment form. There are several questions asked with the purpose of introducing you as smooth as possible to the team action.

Thanks go out to rtmetz92 and DocHolladay from team Speed & Power Motorsports, for their kind advise on how to setup a nice team structure.

Note: Since I'm no experienced web administrator - in fact, I actually know nothing about it - and might be short of time several months of the year, I gladly welcome any future team mate, willing to lend a hand as co-administrator.

Owner of SDEv

#12 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:33 PM

A new team mate just signed in on our website:

Welcome to the Sportscar Driving Evolution, mister Yardstick!

Owner of SDEv

#13 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:56 AM

HEADS UP TO LOGITECH USERS :

After getting my g27 a few months back I have been following an unofficial guide found in the forum to setup my wheel , but I had noticed some faults with it , firstly it did not provide good feedback of traction loss at the limit and also steering response was a bit delayed causing me to miss apexes on quick corners.

After consulting with Coss and other experienced racers I came to know that guide was not accurate. and there is the better and simpler way to set up your Logitech wheel .

* First Download the controller fine made by coss ( https://www.dropbox....oller.coss?dl=0) and rename to " controller.ini".

* Go to Appdata->Roaming->simraceway->USERDATA->(the folder with your username) and replace the existing controller.ini file with the new one.

* do not change the in game setting sliders ,  just remap the buttons to your liking.

* no need to save as a new profile , just hit apply and it will auto save to the .ini file .

* in the Logitech profiler create new profile for simracewayGame.exe and the settings should be as in the image attached . ( Change the Strength slider to your liking ) .

After running some test laps on a few cars and tracks I found I was quicker than my previous personal best by about 2 to 3 tenths and I hope my consistency improves in long races without some of those inexplicable mistakes . so yes setting up your controller properly is very important .

Don't make the same mistakes as I did :)

Attached Files

Niranjan Kumar           SQ ~ 1000

India                  Team SDEv

#14 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:07 PM

Thanks a lot, for posting this to our thread!

This is very helpful and seems to solve a problem I had for a long time.

I really appreciate it!

Owner of SDEv

#15 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:18 PM

Thanks to Coss, for processing our team concerns so smoothly!

You will from now on notice the "SDEv_" tag in front of our team members usernames in the game!

Owner of SDEv

#16 lachiasse

lachiasse

Semi-Pro

• 179 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 14 September 2014 - 12:09 AM

were still recruiting,

come and make some progress with us, get to know us on track. and share the fun.

#17 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 09:04 PM

We just took another step into the direction of preparing our team for the upcoming team racing events in Simraceway. We are now able to communicate live via voice chat while driving.

Sportscar Driving Evolution goes on air tonight!

Thanks for setting us up with a private TeamSpeak3 channel, Coss!

Owner of SDEv

#18 DR3D9

DR3D9

Semi-Pro

• 101 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:06 PM

congrats SDEv , its like you guys got sponsors. big things start small.

#19 lachiasse

lachiasse

Semi-Pro

• 179 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:58 PM

congrats SDEv , its like you guys got sponsors. big things start small.

almost, we just need some more guys who know how to wear alien sheep whole wool socks ;-)

#20 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:44 AM

New team mates have entered our website.

Welcome to the Sportscar Driving Evolution

heyokaymusic

niraceway

and skypilotpismo(removed, due to inactivity)!

We have currently introduced to our team:

four amateur level drivers and

two advanced level drivers.

We are currently looking for rookies and advanced/senior drivers to join our team!

We will now accept four more applications. Starting november, we will permit acces to our team to maximum two applicants per month, in order to allow other teams to grow.

Owner of SDEv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users