Indy car weird behaviour

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DevonK

DevonK

Seasoned

• 75 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:20 PM

After setting the downforce to about 40% of its default value front and rear, and adjusting the gear ratios and final drive to give me an indicated 200 MPH top speed, I took this car out on the Daytona oval in practice mode.

The car behaved very oddly. It would not get beyond 185 or so on the straights, and the moment you entered a corner the speeds dropped drastically, down to about 135 by the end of the corner - this would even trigger a yellow flag. I listened and checked the rear view to see if I was bottoming out which could possibly explain this, but no audio scraping noises or spark images were noted.

IRL these cars should hit 220 on the straights and be doing 190 in the corners at Daytona IIRC. I'll try taking out virtually all downforce but I doubt that is going to fix the cornering issue UPDATE: bottoming out downforce values gives better top speed but does not solve the cornering slowdowns - it's acting as if the fuel is cut off. Raised ride height a few inches and no better.

#2 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:17 AM

Maybe you're having such issues because the indycar is in road version setup

You can only drive the Oval setup when SRW puts it on download manager

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#3 DevonK

DevonK

Seasoned

• 75 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:59 PM

Well the description of the Indycars at the SRW site does indicate that 2 versions or the car were made as you say but does not indicate which version you are buying or trying out - I assumed the car was generic and you just tune it for the type of track you are running.... SRW is not selling different versions.

#4 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:01 PM

Well the description of the Indycars at the SRW site does indicate that 2 versions or the car were made as you say but does not indicate which version you are buying or trying out - I assumed the car was generic and you just tune it for the type of track you are running.... SRW is not selling different versions.

Usually is road version... oval version doesn't has suspension packers or something like that... that means that even with a very good setup, you simply cant have very high top speed with the road version 

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#5 DevonK

DevonK

Seasoned

• 75 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:28 AM

Still doesn't explain why the car goes from 200 to 135 or less in banked corners even on WOT though.

#6 DevonK

DevonK

Seasoned

• 75 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:42 AM

My sincere apologies to SRW - the braking issue discussed in this thread arose due to a settings problem at my end, somehow the braking assist option got bumped from off to high. I found this out by driving the car from the outside rear view to watch what was happening and seeing the braking lights come on in the corners without me touching the brake pedal.... :rolleyes:

#7 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:05 PM

My sincere apologies to SRW - the braking issue discussed in this thread arose due to a settings problem at my end, somehow the braking assist option got bumped from off to high. I found this out by driving the car from the outside rear view to watch what was happening and seeing the braking lights come on in the corners without me touching the brake pedal.... :rolleyes:

Thanks for admitting, that's a very rare thing to see.  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users