• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Doc-Holladay

Doc-Holladay

Novice

• 49 posts
  • LocationMaryland U.S.

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:27 AM

Just saw the video and I personally think that Stewart swerved to scare the guy and unfortunately killed him. Just curious as to what others think of the situation. Here is a link to the video but be warned, it is graphic.

http://youtu.be/pKFhWa3-RU4

Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built. - Henry Ford  

#2 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:05 PM

saw that today and was completely shocked. Ward probably shouldn´t walk on track.... but looks like Stewart did it deliberately (sound of throttling before he hit him?). In any case, both were stupid and now Stewart also needs to live the rest of life with this on shoulders.

#3 Shadowbounty

Shadowbounty

Seasoned

• 82 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:22 PM

And he'll be racing at Watkins Glen today in the Nascar race.

#4 Doc-Holladay

Doc-Holladay

Novice

• 49 posts
  • LocationMaryland U.S.

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:36 PM

And he'll be racing at Watkins Glen today in the Nascar race.

No class or remorse.... sad IMO.

Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built. - Henry Ford  

#5 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts
  • LocationHorley, England.

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:32 PM

No he's not racing today.

Very sad incident. I personally think it was just an accident, a driver walking down to the line that cars are running round under caution on a dimly lit track, it couldn't of been easy to see him. I'm not a Stewart fan but there no way Tony would try and do something silly like try to scare him with a Sprint car - punch them after the race maybe.

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

#6 lachiasse

lachiasse

Semi-Pro

• 179 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:18 PM

picture yourself driving that car, at night, pedal to the floor, in traffic, with pressure, then suddently the guy in front that your tring to catch bobbles, its a split second reaction, you either go left or right or you try to brake, then all of a sudden a damn imbecile pops right in front of you, you are expecting CARS on the track, NOT some little kidos that cant handle himself or his temper.
i dont know either of them as i find it a very uninterresting kind of racing going around all in one round...its kind of like dog racing....

and why is it you think they make full cages in racing cars mandatory ? someone someday calculated that flesh is no competition for metal.
the kid should have stayed in his cage or immediately left the track.

Sportscar Driving Evolution

We help young teams to get started!

#7 Shadowbounty

Shadowbounty

Seasoned

• 82 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:49 PM

He was going to, but then changed to not racing.

#8 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:52 AM

It's not conclusive.  You can't see why he swerved or maybe he thought he was being flagged down... etc.  

I work at night and even though we have lighter colored uniforms, without the reflective vests, it becomes very hard to see someone.

Not only that, I constantly see people that walk in front of cars without regard of their safety "BECAUSE I CAN- YOU CANT HIT ME" in New York City.

if someone knowingly does that, it pretty much is their choice to be at the whim of the driver.

I don't think he would do this to mess up his own career, but then I have no idea how he is in NASCAR/Indy, whether he is really crazy (like some drivers) or not.

#9 Rolo Tomassi

Rolo Tomassi

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:41 PM

Very sad incident. I personally think it was just an accident, a driver walking down to the line that cars are running round under caution on a dimly lit track, it couldn't of been easy to see him. I'm not a Stewart fan but there no way Tony would try and do something silly like try to scare him with a Sprint car - punch them after the race maybe.

Very sad indeed.

Looking at the video the swerve comes at the 37sec mark whilst dragging Ward along, almost parallel to the crashed car. In other words, Ward had already been struck by then. This would suggest the swerve was caused by deceleration due to the collision meaning it was not a deliberate act by Stewart to hit him.

The throttle note mentioned by dimagico could have come from any car; I'd say it's impossible to determine from the clip posted and it can not be used against Stewart.

Correcting your English is not the most important thing right now but the phrase is "...it couldn't HAVE been easy to see..." think of it as something you own, you either have ('ave, which might be slurred to sound like of) sight or you don't.

#10 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts
  • LocationHorley, England.

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:35 AM

Very sad indeed.

Looking at the video the swerve comes at the 37sec mark whilst dragging Ward along, almost parallel to the crashed car. In other words, Ward had already been struck by then. This would suggest the swerve was caused by deceleration due to the collision meaning it was not a deliberate act by Stewart to hit him.
The throttle note mentioned by dimagico could have come from any car; I'd say it's impossible to determine from the clip posted and it can not be used against Stewart.

Correcting your English is not the most important thing right now but the phrase is "...it couldn't HAVE been easy to see..." think of it as something you own, you either have ('ave, which might be slurred to sound like of) sight or you don't.

I wrote "but there no way Tony would try and..." and my of" is the bit you correct?!

My post from my phone are less than perfect at least on my PC any Grammar mistakes are pointed out.

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

#11 Rolo Tomassi

Rolo Tomassi

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:33 PM

I wrote "but there no way Tony would try and..." and my of" is the bit you correct?!

My post from my phone are less than perfect at least on my PC any Grammar mistakes are pointed out.

Well spotted! :) I read the missing "is" without realising it was missing, which means that it's not a significant error. I should, perhaps, apologise for being picky, but I've seen "of" used in place of "have" too often.

My own English is far from perfect, so I've no doubt I'll present you with an opportunity to get your own back one day! :)

PS, I didn't intend to be rude or seem superior. If my message came across as such, then I apologise for that.

#12 nolanbowlin

nolanbowlin

Seasoned

• 71 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:56 PM

Ward was in a black racing suit, black helmet, and it was at night at a sub-par lit dirt track. It would have been very difficult to spot him, even at the slower speeds Tony was traveling. Also, when you hit a something that heavy with your right front tire, it will pull the car to the right. That's my reasoning for the swerve after the contact.

27 Time LFS Champion - www.inex-racing.com - www.btpmovies.com - iRacing DWC Competitor

#13 Allan Equality Wu

Allan Equality Wu

Novice

• 35 posts
  • Facebook:allanw5@live.com
  • LocationGravesend - Brooklyn, NY

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:08 PM

Update on the Grand Jury proceedings Re: Tony Stewart and fatal incident with Kevin Ward

My friend Fred Richani is a blogger who has explained the developments, and what Ward's family could file for next:

https://www.youtube....ture=youtu.be

For Wheldon!
-AllanW5  Alum , Rutgers '11 , Brooklyn Technical '06  SkillQuant : 79X  Race To Weekend Appearances=2

No Accidents in last  4 days    4 seconds

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users