• Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

#41 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:06 AM

it was an ok race for me .... qualified second and was having a strong a strong race in 2nd ....had a coming together with acosta88 and spun .... he righty and sportingly gave the place back , bur my car had slight damage which resulted in a long pit stop , dropping me back to 5th in the end ....slightly disappointed , but that's racing I guess....

Niranjan Kumar           SQ ~ 1000

India                  Team SDEv

#42 Reno

Reno

Semi-Pro

• 106 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:30 AM

Personnally, I don't mind the door-banging, espcially with FWD cars which are easier to save.

Two things, though:

1- because you see a door open on the inside of a corner doesn't mean you can pass! If you dive-bomb me at the last moment, don't expect me to hold the door open for you. And when you try on the outside, don't expect it to end well at the exit. Sometimes, don't insist, you have to let it go. To all the guys who tried it: yes, I knew you were there but no, I don't approve kamikaze moves. Ramming me will not help your case. Tunring your headlights on and off furiously neither -to rugbymanbscr > if I had a button to flip the finger, you'd have seen it.

2- to those who complain about FWD cars > some of us like them! I even ask for more. I enjoy mildly powerful cars because they are easier to drive for the amateur drivers like me and they still produce fantastic close racing. You don't hear me complaining about the hypercars and the old pieces of crop that don't steer/brake, so let me have fun with the touring cars.

Maybe there is something more important than just winning races. (Mark Donohue)
All race drivers return to the obscurity they came from. (Mark Donohue)

A noi date vittoria e poi l'eterna gloria in paradisu.

#43 Doc-Holladay

Doc-Holladay

Novice

• 49 posts
  • LocationMaryland U.S.

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:09 AM

Was going to start a new topic but I'll just ask here. I'm new to the game and was just curious. I would like to watch the races, is there anyway someone can send a replay of a race to another player and have them input it into there file system and watch the replay? I noticed in the game files a shared folder and thought maybe that was what this was for.

Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built. - Henry Ford  

#44 Gralfindel_PL

Gralfindel_PL

Novice

• 41 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:15 AM

Was going to start a new topic but I'll just ask here. I'm new to the game and was just curious. I would like to watch the races, is there anyway someone can send a replay of a race to another player and have them input it into there file system and watch the replay? I noticed in the game files a shared folder and thought maybe that was what this was for.

Hi, it's good to see new people out there ;)
Every sunday races, so Championships or Sunday Race-Offs are streamed with professional commentary on simraceway's YouTube channel - https://www.youtube....user/simraceway. You not only can watch it after the race but also live during the event ;)

SQ: ~1018 | Total miles raced: ~35k | Wheel: Logitech G25
Proud member of SGP :D

#45 Doc-Holladay

Doc-Holladay

Novice

• 49 posts
  • LocationMaryland U.S.

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:33 AM

Hi, it's good to see new people out there ;)
Every sunday races, so Championships or Sunday Race-Offs are streamed with professional commentary on simraceway's YouTube channel - https://www.youtube....user/simraceway. You not only can watch it after the race but also live during the event ;)

Thanks for the info. Watching now. I've raced some of the guys racing this weekend. Looking forward to making my mark in the Simraceway world. Although it's going to take a lot of practice. :)

Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built. - Henry Ford  

#46 Dude74

Dude74

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 656 posts
  • LocationBasingstoke, Hampshire

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:01 AM

Totally agree Reno. Unfortunately, sunday eves are never good for me and even though I qualified for the B, couldn't race. :( FWD cars rock, dont know why people would complain so much. That headlight thing.... really hate that. Why would anyone expect you to just move over for position just because they THINK they are faster than you? IF YOU'RE SO FAST, COMPLETE THE PASS CLEANLY!!!!

There is NO obligation to let anyone past for position even if they are way faster. (Hamilton/Rosberg) Makes sense to let out of position aliens past, but they can pass where they want really.

For the record: Don't bother flashing me anywhere unless you are lapping me, in which case you wont need to as I will let you past AS SOON AS SAFE TO DO SO. Gutted I couldn't do this race as proper TC racing is so much fun, close door rubbing mentalness!

Midweek TC champ and I'm there. Bring it on.

SQ 890 Miles raced: 25k+ Total points: 35k+ Cars:64

#47 devilbevin

devilbevin

Semi-Pro

• 134 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:23 AM

The boys were murdering each other yesterday. Would of been my type of race  :D

But really, hitting another driver in the back and deliberately risking spinning him can't be acceptable no matter how stable the car is. The most the contact should go imo is a bit of door to door banging. Watching the stream last night there was a few wtf moments in the top race.

#48 YardStick

YardStick

Seasoned

• 98 posts
  • LocationTampere Finland

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:39 AM

My race (The 5-900B) was at least from my point of view completely dramaless. Some rubbing and bumping during first lap but that's it. I still can't believe I actually managed to get in the race in the first place. :)

Personnally, I don't mind the door-banging, espcially with FWD cars which are easier to save.

Two things, though:

1- because you see a door open on the inside of a corner doesn't mean you can pass! If you dive-bomb me at the last moment, don't expect me to hold the door open for you. And when you try on the outside, don't expect it to end well at the exit. Sometimes, don't insist, you have to let it go. To all the guys who tried it: yes, I knew you were there but no, I don't approve kamikaze moves. Ramming me will not help your case. Tunring your headlights on and off furiously neither -to rugbymanbscr > if I had a button to flip the finger, you'd have seen it.

2- to those who complain about FWD cars > some of us like them! I even ask for more. I enjoy mildly powerful cars because they are easier to drive for the amateur drivers like me and they still produce fantastic close racing. You don't hear me complaining about the hypercars and the old pieces of crop that don't steer/brake, so let me have fun with the touring cars.

Furiously blinking headlights. I know what you mean. That makes me hold on to my position even tighter. Tho I appreciate using headlights if someone clearly faster than me is coming and they put their lights on just to notify. That's actually just being polite.

And I too like FWD's. I'm faster with those. Especially since I'm not the greatest driver in the world and I try to keep Traction and Stability Controls off. (I use low Anti-Lock Breaks... You must have heard about DFGT's notorious brake pedal. ) WTCC Seat is like made for me. It's not overly powerful and it's FWD, but it's clearly a racing car. What a joy!

"Drive these cars like you drink your coffee! Always with a smile, even if it's too hot at first and you burn your lips. It will taste great after a while!" - Tiptoe -
My YouTube Stuff -- Like! Comment! Subscribe! <-- Shameless request.

#49 Dude74

Dude74

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 656 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:02 PM

Indeed. I am faster relative to others with the Leon. I was even keeping up with segadilha (sry if mispelt) at the brands qr races. Maybe because fwd is all I have driven in real life mostly?

#50 Dude74

Dude74

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 656 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:09 PM

Also spent years playing theToca tc games. :)

#51 ingange

ingange

Crew Chief

• 504 posts
  • LocationMaribor

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:43 PM

Yesterday  the races were incredible !!! 

I was so fortuned to be home alone for a whole day and i was practicing from morning almost till the races started . But for a whole day i newer did a lap under 1.7.000 . But when qualy came the sky has opened and i did it :-)

So that was my 1st pole in 900+ . For the start i knew that LC works bad so i gambled with manual start , and it payed off . The rest of race was as planed , and i was trying to save some fuel , to avoid pit stop but my Leon was to  thirsty .

Then i got the chance to play with big boys in A race . And the story was repeating it self . Qualy was incredible 1.6.6xx i think . Dont know how but it was good enough for 2cnd place . And both 3 races were amazing ! So close an packed with action incredible  . Only regret i haw in last race i hit the curb and roll  the car  but ran out off space so it was aether that or hitting driver who was trying to pass me .

More races like this PLEASE :-)

And a BIG THX too all involved who make this events possible   .

Racing is what real men do while the boys play football .

http://addictedtospeed.enjin.com/ <--- Home Of Addicted To Speed

#52 vanPanther

vanPanther

Seasoned

• 56 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:14 PM

normally you dont see me often here, typing comments. but after watching the replay from yesterday i need to say some words.

i am one of the guys who dont like the car. i prefer rwd cars. but ok. i saw that a lot of good people doing hotlaps and i wanted to join that fun. i really did some practice for that race (not like normally since a while) to be prepared.

1st race went good for me and i finished 3rd and started from 5 position. what was good for 2nd race too.

In 2nd race 1st start i was already 4th after 1st lap when we got a restart :(

After restart i could escape again some difficult situations and i was 5th very quick with pumaaa in my back.

Pro and B13 were on 9th and 10th position at this time. so it was a very good chance for me to get very good points.

Than the chaos begans. i got a hit 1st time out of the right corner before long straight from pumaaa. i could save the car and keep going. next corner than again a hard hit from behind. i try to save the car and again a hit and pushing me so long that i had no chance to save the spin. puma kept pushing full trottle, no matter that he is pushing me O_o

after that i dropped down to last place i think.

managed to overtake gralfindel. than he tryed to do divebombs on me. pushing me out of the corner and overtaking me. i passed him again but no chance for better postion. i could only close the gap to b13 and ended on 7th position :(

Coss. i knew that sometimes contact can happen and on some cars you can do it. ok. but you are looking for a SRW-Destruction Derby ??

Where the guys who crashing others getting applaus for a great move ? hmmm. thats really sad. This is big problem for me, because i cant drive like that :( i respect other drivers to much and cant do unfair thinks (only you piss me really of).

so from my point it dont makes sense for me to keep going in this championship. i dont have fun preparing for a race to get crashed at the end. Mistakes can happen to everybody and happens. but diveboming, pushing, blocking, crashing is no the racing i am looking for.

Sorry for everybody where the same happend like to me. Grivi for example :(

cya

Ps: sorry for my english

#53 Dude74

Dude74

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 656 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:32 PM

I have just watched the stream and I can't believe how much cutting was going on. Especially in t2 of last chicane. How? I was getting penalised repeatedly in hot laps for just the same.

Always a shame when peeps get put off. Gutted for you van and grivi.

#54 capabomba

capabomba

Novice

• 44 posts
  • LocationSalerno - Italy

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:14 PM

It's fair to say these Sunday races were among the most fun to watch ever. I was very excited when I knew there would be a championship with touring cars but I really hoped I could be more competitive looking at my previous experience with Mitsubishi Evo. I figured out I just couldn't get under 1.07.4 in hotlap and I couldn't understand why (I had a lot of problems to go around the first corner and never found the right setup with the steering lock). I hope it was just this track  :rolleyes:

I did not qualify but I managed to take part to B race of 900-1100 as a reserve. Quali was as bad as it has been for the whole weekend, so I was 13th. Lunch control failed me miserably but I was lucky in turn 2 where I managed to overtake 3 cars after someone spun in front of me. I also managed to reach 9th place with a nice overtake on tomcat but after a few laps I made a mistake and lost some positions. 

I had to pit twice because for some reason when I requested the first pit it showed 1 liter while I had set much more at the beginning (is this some kind of bug?). I wasn't fast enough to change it on the fly. This mistake cost me the another position and I finished last  :wacko:

I really hope things will get better next time, even though I don't know if I'll be around the next weeks. 

So thumbs up for this championship, despite my very poor performance  ^_^

#55 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:27 PM

Hi guys!

The hotlap was very close... but I really liked this combo! #thumbsup

The qualify in the race was +/- ... my time wasn't nothing special, so I started in a bad 13th place :D

This race was a bit different... let's use no Launch Control, no Stability control and no Traction control... just the good old ABS high and Auto clutch XD

Started the race with a manual start, that made me faster then some people and in the first corner my racing line wasn't the best and I hit the rear of S. Shakerbak (I dont remember the username sorry, but it was something like that). I got yellow damage at my front, but I was worried about him. 

I decided to continue my race, and on the big straight... 3-way! And the start of that 3 way was a bit... strange because the guy that was at my right side wasnt letting me do that!

Anyway I was with a good pace and I overtaked some people... Then, there was a lap that in the last corner, i think it was skypilotpismo, he was rejoining the track, he hits me and then I have some damage, but worst is that the guy at my right side spins.

Some time later, I was in a battle with dhoward89, and he was protecting his place, so he wasnt going to let me pass easily, but I wouldnt give up... 

Then, it happened an incident... as you guys now, racing happens VERY fast, so have that in mind: I was in my racing line, and my first impression was that dhoward went in front of me and I couldnt do much, but idk how he went off track... that was what I thought during the race. After a look in replay mode, I saw that in slow motion mode the cars dont touch, but the other car reacted like I touched... maybe I touched but this is a game, so it isnt perfect and it doesnt show that you touched. I dont know what I could have did, but I think I braked before he goes to my racing line. 

Sorry dhoward89, I didnt want to do that :( I would like to know if I'm going to be penalized.

Later, I had a really nice fight with andybob! :D It was fun, but idk how, there was a part that it just can be 1 of 2 XD - 1 - I did a bad corner - 2- You had nitro :D (just kiding).

So, in sum: start of the race - 13th place; Best place - 3th place  Finish - 4th place

Not bad for someone that started almost in last hm? :D

I really liked to drive the Seat Leon WTCC, it's one of my favourite cars, and damn... now I like FWD :D Maybe I'm going to do all the races with the Seat Leon #18 with the portuguese flag on top ;)

Thank you for this wonderful race :)

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#56 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:37 PM

Supercar,  Yeah lag can sometimes cause weird things to happen.  I was playing a QR, and I tapped someone and lost some control.  I immediately typed sorry, and he said, for what?  Later on I said for tapping you at chicane.  He said, no- you didn't even come close.

Gosh, the wonders of the internet and approx 100 ms latency :)

I also feel like when cars wreck and are coming onto track, the flashing time is too short- too random.  In another QR race, a guy was turning onto track, flashing- so I decided to go through him.  I ended up hitting him, the flashing stopped right at that moment.  We both apologized, but really neither of our faults, lol.

Maybe better to set it up based on a minimum speed- let's say 80 km/h until the flashing goes away. 

#57 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:10 PM

Supercar,  Yeah lag can sometimes cause weird things to happen.  I was playing a QR, and I tapped someone and lost some control.  I immediately typed sorry, and he said, for what?  Later on I said for tapping you at chicane.  He said, no- you didn't even come close.

Gosh, the wonders of the internet and approx 100 ms latency :)

I also feel like when cars wreck and are coming onto track, the flashing time is too short- too random.  In another QR race, a guy was turning onto track, flashing- so I decided to go through him.  I ended up hitting him, the flashing stopped right at that moment.  We both apologized, but really neither of our faults, lol.

Maybe better to set it up based on a minimum speed- let's say 80 km/h until the flashing goes away. 

Well, I had cable pluged in... 90mbps download and 20mbps upload... ping test was good too. Ping to Lisbon was just 7ms, but in SRW servers is around 60-70...

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#58 acosta88

acosta88

Novice

• 18 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:58 AM

it was an ok race for me .... qualified second and was having a strong a strong race in 2nd ....had a coming together with acosta88 and spun .... he righty and sportingly gave the place back , bur my car had slight damage which resulted in a long pit stop , dropping me back to 5th in the end ....slightly disappointed , but that's racing I guess....

I have to apologize for touch, ruined our race, because we had a very long pit stop due to damage. 

For me it was the first participation in a special event to race online. 
Although everything went well for me, but a little disappointed I could have been better. :)

I had a bad qualifying, ranking 8th, but the start of the race I managed to get 4th at the first corner. At the end of the first lap I passed Herrero coming to 3rd place. 
After that was a long way to get to niraceway unfortunately in poor braking was unable ivitar touch. niraceray stayed on track, but I assumed the error and returned the position. 
A few more laps and I managed to pass, it was a great duel between us, I loved it. 
I think it could the 2nd or 3rd place, but the pit stop was a long time (40s). 

When leaving the pits still found niraceway, but I was not able to pass. 

Good race! :D

António Costa 

Portugal    :) 

#59 dahrec

dahrec

Seasoned

• 52 posts
  • LocationAachen, Germany

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:02 PM

on sunday i was a little confused. bevor hot lap ended i was on p29, Tbold on 26. with ending of hot lap i was on p 28 and think i didn' see Tbolt. i checked lederboard two hours after ending hot lap and was still on p28. three hours after ending i was on p 29 and Tbolt was in again. bud i knew from his post that he woun't drive. bud i hat to wait for a call at the web chat to get in for reserve.

not so bad, bud maybe there are better solutions ;)

#60 dhoward89

dhoward89

Novice

• Banned
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:50 PM

Supercar was milliseconds behind me through the first two turns into the big braking zone were he hit me, which is the only reason I'm upset about the accident, especially considering that he caught up to me because I kept slipping up. Either I'd have slipped up and he'd of slipped past, or I'd have gotten into a better rhythm and we'd have had more fun, and heck, he probably still could've passed me lol. I think that if he would've realized that he was on my tail because I was slipping up, he'd have been more careful and braked a pinch earlier, because I wasn't in the best shape heading out of T2 towards T3. I don't how well I would have held on to 4th, but I think I'd have at least finished 5th. I'm just glad the hit didn't send me too far off track and I was even able to finish 6th after starting from 12th. I'm glad you're happy Supercar, but that was some sloppy crap on both our behalf's, and we both could've done better. I shouldn't have been so sloppy :unsure: , and you shouldn't follow so close into such a big brake zone ... I mean really, you were like 1/4 of a second behind me, that's about as healthy a gap as it gets when it comes to thinking about making a pass. I mean, just seconds prior to the incident, I was thinking: "man, he's gonna smoke me on the straight...". But hey, if we're smart, we try to learn as much as we can from our experiences, in game, and out.

On second thought I remember seeing 2nd place finished about 12 seconds ahead of me, and I lost about 10 seconds being knocked off track. I'm not saying I had much of a chance at 2nd but it'd have been a bloody dog fight for 3rd and 4th! I'm almost more upset about not getting to fight for position for longer, than I am about not finishing better than 6th .

Edited by dhoward89, 12 August 2014 - 03:00 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2011, wtcc, seat leon, bmw 320, chevrolet cruze, volvo c30, championship, prizes, cash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users