• Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

#21 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:01 AM

Can't wait until next round...  anything past 250 hp or so on FWD sucks, especially on a locked setup.  If unlocked, I'd run less ARB in front and a bit more LSD up front (or a quaife torque biasing diff :) ).

fwd-sucks-300x150.jpg

FYI:  I drive a fwd car.  180hp/320ft lbs,  but on a race car... BLEHH

#22 ingange

ingange

Crew Chief

• 504 posts
  • LocationMaribor

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:29 AM

Keep the race times as they are . It is best time and most of players who want to race will risk this 2hrs of sleep to haw fun .
Racing is what real men do while the boys play football .

http://addictedtospeed.enjin.com/ <--- Home Of Addicted To Speed

#23 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:42 AM

the race timings are perfect for me.....it will be 11 PM here in India

Niranjan Kumar           SQ ~ 1000

India                  Team SDEv

#24 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:45 AM

Too bad it's an open qualifier.  The track is so short, I can say with 14 cars there WILL be traffic.  With an average of 68 seconds, divide by 14, thats 4 and change seconds between each car IF everyone drove the same speed.

But again I will be told that this is "not real". 

FYI, WTCC qualification rules:

"Qualifying will be held in three parts, with the top five going into Q3."

And no, I don't buy it that qualifying is a good place to get to race with eachother, because if you are tailing someone, you are already screwed up on your qualification.  It defeats the purpose of qualifying, and places a lot on luck.

Spotters- you say. well how do you know who is out there and in what order, you just go and try your best, you might be behind someone who slows you down, or be in front of someone who is faster than you.

So, explain to me how would we spot a position to enter the qualifying round, when the field is crowded on a short track?

The first untimed lap, I feel bad for slowing down- to make space, and sometimes people don't realize that is strategy- and they tailgate or try to pass!?

It's annoying and confusing to them and myself.  Anyway, any suggestions on what to do besides private qual or rounds?

#25 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:49 AM

heh.... maybee rethink format for all 900+ races. I mean.... less than a second and your out in PQ. I think it´s a bit to cruel with so many great drivers competing. Might be end of sunday racing for some of us...

#26 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:36 AM

p.s. i know it´s short lap... but to squeeze 36 or so drivers within one second... is just amazing!

#27 Theflowww

Theflowww

Contributor

• 8 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:46 AM

Agree. And for the hot lap it's not since today.

Just why we need Skillquant??? Not clear...

#28 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:44 AM

40 in 1 second. I think it´s something wrong if 1 tenth throw out 12 drivers from competition... almost 3rd grid within a second.

#29 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:15 PM

In my opinion this is a good combo :) at least for me XD

An easy to drive FWD car (that has a portuguese flag on the roof :D) and a small track will provide good racing, I hope :)

Robnitro is right too... maybe private qualifying wouldnt be a bad idea....

BTW I think im NOT going to use Traction control and stability control on the race :D

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#30 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:39 PM

An easy to drive FWD car (that has a portuguese flag on the roof :D) and a small track will provide good racing, I hope :)

I took this picture of Tiago in 2003 at Laguna Seca.  I bought the same car as you.

indycar-monterey-2003-tiago-monteiro.jpg

#31 Rudolph523

Rudolph523

Seasoned

• 93 posts
  • LocationMidwoud (The Netherlands)

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:52 PM

well... i am not that happy, didnt qualify, was 53rd place. 9 tenths from p28, fwd race cars arent my best things. i dont know if i wll prepare myself for the hope to be an reserve driver. because, i am so low in standings, can cossacco maybe say if i have an chance or not? i want to race, but i dont expect that somuch people are not going to race. and i am not going tor put time in prparing for the race, when i am not having an chance, i hope to be back full power, with the bmw, in wich i will drive the tom coronel livery. so hope cossacco can let me know if i stand an chance, otherwise i will concentrate on next race.

#32 firefall

firefall

Novice

• 16 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:39 PM

Looks interesting, but I won't be doing any of the races.

PS: You included Herrero qualified for p16 in 500-900B, which he already qualified for p25 in 900-1100B

#33 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:03 PM

I took this picture of Tiago in 2003 at Laguna Seca.  I bought the same car as you.

indycar-monterey-2003-tiago-monteiro.jpg

Good pic! :D

Tiago Monteiro car gives you more luck XDD

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#34 clark10

clark10

Semi-Pro

• 180 posts
  • LocationChampagne - France

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:59 PM

Well ! happy with my 8th position in 900-1100 B race

I started the last but takeover 2  guys in first laps . I have been ramed in lap 2 or 3  but anyway I was the slowest on the track so it doesnt matter : I changed my strategy and decided to save fuel. Was very tough until the end and was not sure to succeed . I finished with 1 litter !

C U on track 

( and again congrats to Ingange : great quali and very good race ! )

SQ : 922 / Miles raced : 83 682 / Car owned : 118 / Favorite : Maserati Tipo Birdcage

Member since 2008. My car collection  : http://bit.ly/1JcnCdQ

#35 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:32 PM

OK I am tracking this championship as well (SQ 500-900 class only):

http://www.dg42.net/...mpionships.html

Of course all results are unofficial until the official results are posted in this thread.

Remember all four rounds count in this championship!

#36 andybob

andybob

Novice

• 35 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:00 PM

Very happy today with my result qualified better than expected in third got a reasonable start but got hit a few times on first lap one which caused me to half spin and finished the first lap in 13th had some good dices with several drivers especially supercar and eventually finished third and well pleased.

Shame I can only do three rounds as at moto gp later in month :D

#37 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:13 PM

We've just ended the last race of the day, so 900-1100 AR and I want to thank everyone who participated today for a great racing day. Despite a few incidents that shouldn't have happend. I will be looking through these and trying to find a good balance for the penalties. 

Keep in mind that this is a touring car racing area and most of that is just an acceptable part of it. Many of the real championships were decided by incidents, these are facts. That's not what we want and not what we will have here, but we have to be more tolerant than ever. 

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#38 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:06 PM

We all need to learn from this round, especially that second one will include a RWD car, which will not allow you to recover easily after a contact on the rear.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#39 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:10 AM

We've just ended the last race of the day, so 900-1100 AR and I want to thank everyone who participated today for a great racing day. Despite a few incidents that shouldn't have happend. I will be looking through these and trying to find a good balance for the penalties. 

Keep in mind that this is a touring car racing area and most of that is just an acceptable part of it. Many of the real championships were decided by incidents, these are facts. That's not what we want and not what we will have here, but we have to be more tolerant than ever. 

Yes, I agree.. but even before I was even able to start, some people almost rammed me, not worrying about mirrors (or maybe lack of mirrors?).  Check skypilotpismo and tell me that he was driving rough, or just not looking at all?   I dodged him and others have too, which I witnessed in front of me.  Is that WTCC racing or just inconsiderate?  I don't know.

After him doing it twice to me, one at the start and a few laps in, and seeing him blindly move into someone else... I decided to stop being nice and become more aggressive.  I'm not usually the one to push that way, but hey, he welcomed it by him not checking his mirrors!  Didn't hit him, but after him pushing me to slow down to avoid a crash, I stopped worrying and stood my line, so he had to slow down.... luckily not crashing me.

I'm sure others have dealt with issues w him in this race.... speak up!

#40 Mastrorocco

Mastrorocco

Seasoned

• 65 posts
  • Facebook:Massimo Mastrorocco
  • LocationItaly

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:24 AM

As other races, particularly in this i've been unlucky.

After a slow start at 3-4 turn i took off on the kerb and after a 360°(loosing about 25 secs) my race had begun.

My peace was very good 1.08.2-1.07.7 and at last lap i was at 1 sec.behind the group.

I'm very angry with myself for this because i could be fighting for podium....

I hope for the next! :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2011, wtcc, seat leon, bmw 320, chevrolet cruze, volvo c30, championship, prizes, cash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users