Photo

GT Giants Championship - Season 1

gt gt3 gt2 watkins glen daytona silverstone indianapolis mid-ohio laguna seca brands hatch

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#101 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 09 October 2014 - 09:48 PM

Here are the unofficial final results:

Congrats to B13A6 for a commanding championship win!

Random stats:

A total of 30 racers entered at least one final.

There were 7 different winners in 9 races.  Very cool.  Only B13A6 and Shadowbounty won 2 races.

6 people entered all 9 finals:  B13A6, Mepte, bakosgabor57, Gralfindel_PL, MrPiet, and niraceway.

2 people entered 8 finals:  Lukesky80 and Kobayashi10

1 person entered 7 finals: Flaren89

So that means 9 guys entered the maximum number of points-scoring races.

The GT3 race at Mid-Ohio was the only final that did not have the full grid of 14 cars.  Surprising that there wasn't a reserve waiting in chat.

I will come back with statistics on the cars used in each race.

#102 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 09 October 2014 - 10:16 PM

Great championship!

The format was fantastic.  Two 30-minute qualifying heats and a 1-hour final are all perfect lengths for my taste.

Out of 18 heat races, I entered 17.  I happened to qualify for the final in the first heat in Round 8.

So 17 heat races and 8 finals, that was a lot of fun racing for me!

Out of 8 finals, I qualified for the finals 3 times in the heat races, and entered 5 finals as a reserve.

Until the last round, I believe I was the only under SQ 900 driver to enter any of the finals.  At Brands Hatch wttnn1 joined me as the only other under SQ 900 entrant.

#103 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 10 October 2014 - 12:33 AM

OK here's some car data from the GT Giants Championship.

GT3 total entrants over 5 rounds:
47 Nissan GT-R GT3
14 Audi R8 LMS Ultra
7 BMW Z4 GT3
1 McLaren MP4-12C GT3

As you already knew, the GT3 rounds were dominated by Nissan GT-R entrants.  However, surprisingly perhaps, the Nissan GT-R won only 2 races while the Audi R8 won 3 races.  4 of the GT3 races were won by part-timers and only 1 was won by a regular (Gralfindel_PL at Brands Hatch).  Also notable is that the McLaren MP4-12C was entered just once.  Flaren89 in the McLaren placed P5 at Laguna Seca, so special recognition for that drive.

GT2 total entrants over 4 rounds:
25 BMW M3 GT2
16 Ford GT GT2
15 Corvette C6.R GT2

The GT2 races showed a better balance of cars.  The BMW M3 won all 4 races.  2 races were won by a regular, and 2 were won by part-timers.  The Ford GT made just 1 podium appearance.

GT3 Rounds Details:

Round 1:  GT3 at Watkins Glen
11 Nissan GT-R GT3
3 Audi R8 LMS Ultra
Podium: 1) GriVi: Nissan GT-R, 2) B13A6 Nissan GT-R, 3) Mepte Nissan GT-R
The three Audis came in P4, P5, and P6

Round 3:  GT3 at Silverstone
10 Nissan GT-R GT3
4 Audi R8 LMS Ultra
Podium: 1) Shadowbounty Audi R8, 2) Axfitey Nissan GT-R, 3) B13A6 Nissan GT-R

Round 5:  GT3 at Mid-Ohio
10 Nissan GT-R GT3
2 BMW Z4 GT3
1 Audi R8 LMS Ultra
Podium: 1) StuntmanMike24 Nissan GT-R, 2) B13A6 Nissan GT-R, 3) Mepte Nissan GT-R

Round 7:  GT3 at Laguna Seca
10 Nissan GT-R GT3
3 Audi R8 LMS Ultra
1 McLaren MP4-12C GT3
Podium: 1) ExtremelyFastMan Audi R8, 2) StuntmanMike24 Nissan GT-R, 3) Mepte Nissan GT-R

Round 9:  GT3 at Brands Hatch
6 Nissan GT-R GT3
5 BMW Z4 GT3
3 Audi R8 LMS Ultra
Podium: 1) Gralfindel_PL Audi R8, 2) B13A6 BMW Z4, 3) Mepte BMW Z4

GT2 Rounds Details:

Round 2:  GT2 at Daytona Road Course
7 Ford GT GT2
6 BMW M3 GT2
1 Corvette C6.R GT2
Podium: 1) shaun24_CZ BMW M3, 2) kbl Ford GT, 3) B13A6 BMW M3

Round 4:  GT2 at Indianapolis Road Course
5 BMW M3 GT2
5 Corvette C6.R GT2
4 Ford GT GT2
Podium: 1) B13A6 BMW M3, 2) bakosgabor57 Corvette C6.R, 3) Shadowbounty Corvette C6.R

Round 6:  GT2 at Silverstone
9 BMW M3 GT2
3 Corvette C6.R GT2
2 Ford GT GT2
Podium: 1) Shadowbounty BMW M3, 2) B13A6 BMW M3, 3) bakosgabor57 Corvette C6.R

Round 8:  GT2 at Watkins Glen
6 Corvette C6.R GT2
5 BMW M3 GT2
3 Ford GT GT2
Podium: 1) B13A6 BMW M3, 2) bakosgabor57 Corvette C6.R, 3) Mepte BMW M3

#104 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 10 October 2014 - 08:02 AM

that was a really great championship that came to an end last night.... will miss it , looking for season 2 of the GT giants already !!! ... I personally learnt a lot racing with some really great drivers , and improved step by step in all areas I think .. and im happy with 10th place in the champs !  .. i felt confident for the final race and wanted to finish the race without incident  , but it was not to be as i went off track 3 times .... but i was able to push hard and gain some places back and finished 8th in the race ...congrats to B13 for winning the championship !!!!...... finally a Big Thank you , to Coss , Demitri and Liam ...and all the GT giant racers for making all this possible :)  :) :)  

Niranjan Kumar           SQ ~ 1000

India                  Team SDEv

#105 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 11 October 2014 - 10:52 AM

Well there isn't a new thread yet for the next mini midweek championship, so here's some info in case you missed it.  These are the rounds for the WTCC Midweek Championship:

1. Laguna Seca Reverse

2. Assen

3. Zandvoort Reverse

#106 Mepte

Mepte

Contributor

• 6 posts
  • LocationDresden, Germany

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:39 PM

it wasn't OP?^^ i said that your theory isn't right, not more :D

#107 devilbevin

devilbevin

Semi-Pro

• 134 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:36 AM

Spreading information about the races is a joke. If I hadn't checked the chat this morning by chance I would've been convinced the race was tonight. You must have known about this days ago Coss, weeks in fact. Why not post it?

#108 Johndaniels

Johndaniels

Novice

• 19 posts
  • Facebook:johndaniels@embarqmail.com

Posted 17 October 2014 - 03:32 AM

Hey guys I GOT MY FORUM FIXED!!!!! Anyway what I would like to suggest is a Saturday championship with one of two options for races. Option 1 would be a WTCC V GT3 multi-class style even with equal representation of WTCC and GT3's. Now the top 4 from each class will automatically enter via finish in a hot lap. Then 1 heat for each class of car and top 3 will transfer to the main round with all the other finishers being on a reserve list. My other idea would be a strict GT3 series that would be very similar to the Blancpain series events. Now top 8 would transfer via a hot lap and there would be two heats and top 3 transfer. IMPORTANT NOTE!!!! The main race will follow the heats approximately 15-30 minutes after depending on server start up time and also any delay of racing via problems in the heats. I really would like to get either one of these series up and going, for option 1 I have same tracks that I tested and all seems ok while I will be going on past experience from GT Giants races to determine an appropriate race series. A tentative (note tentative as none has been approved) schedule can be furnished upon request.

#109 rtmetz92

rtmetz92

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 659 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 17 October 2014 - 03:07 PM

Hey guys I GOT MY FORUM FIXED!!!!! Anyway what I would like to suggest is a Saturday championship with one of two options for races. Option 1 would be a WTCC V GT3 multi-class style even with equal representation of WTCC and GT3's. Now the top 4 from each class will automatically enter via finish in a hot lap. Then 1 heat for each class of car and top 3 will transfer to the main round with all the other finishers being on a reserve list. My other idea would be a strict GT3 series that would be very similar to the Blancpain series events. Now top 8 would transfer via a hot lap and there would be two heats and top 3 transfer. IMPORTANT NOTE!!!! The main race will follow the heats approximately 15-30 minutes after depending on server start up time and also any delay of racing via problems in the heats. I really would like to get either one of these series up and going, for option 1 I have same tracks that I tested and all seems ok while I will be going on past experience from GT Giants races to determine an appropriate race series. A tentative (note tentative as none has been approved) schedule can be furnished upon request.

That is a great idea. I just disagree with the GT3 vs WTCC race. GT3 and WTCC don't mix in the real-world racing. Instead I would suggest GT2 vs GT3.

Cheers :)

Speed&Power Motorsport team administrator

You are welcome to join the team -> http://speedandpower.enjin.com/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gt, gt3, gt2, watkins glen, daytona, silverstone, indianapolis, mid-ohio, laguna seca, brands hatch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users