Photo

GT Giants Championship - Season 1

gt gt3 gt2 watkins glen daytona silverstone indianapolis mid-ohio laguna seca brands hatch

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#41 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:10 AM

race 2 of the championship for me was just ...horrible..... shameful performance by myself from start to finish , way too many mistakes .... qualified 9th , was not too surprised with that as I knew I did not have pace at Daytona ... but the race started horribly , thoo24mass who was in front of me did not get off the line very well , and as the cars are so tightly stacked on the starting grid I could not avoid contact , and the car behind rammed into me as well as it was a chain reaction ..... and after that it was mistake after mistake , spinning of , crashing hard into the barriers .... I thought the car was finished , but it was drivable , though the to top speed went down by about 10kmph ...... the only little fun I had was a battle with theFlowww and Kobayashi for a few laps ....

Niranjan Kumar           SQ ~ 1000

India                  Team SDEv

#42 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:23 PM

Congratulations to all participants of Round 2. Race 2 was a great one overall. Nearly perfect drive by shaun24_CZ, but at the same time a fantastic showcase of race craft by everybody, so all 14. I will have to ruin the surprise a little bit, but the finish of P2 and P3 was truly sensational.

Make sure to check out the replay from live stream provided by supercar1:

Final results:

bw2i.png

1. shaun24_CZ 20 points 
2. kbl 18 points 
3. B13A6 16 points 
4. Mepte 14 points 
5. bakosgabor57 12 points 
6. Thoo24Mass 10 points 
7. Lukesky80 9 points 
8. Gralfindel_PL 8 points 
9. ingange points 
10. niraceway 6 points 
11. MrPiet 5 points 

12. Kobayashi10 4 points 

13. Theflowww 3 points 

14. Litos76 2 points 

and...

dv2k.png

1. B13A6 34 points 
1. shaun24_CZ 34 points 
2. Mepte 30 points 
3. GriVi 20 points 
4. Gralfindel_PL 18 points 
4. kbl 18 points 
5. niraceway 15 points 
5. Lukesky80 15 points 
5. bakosgabor57 15 points 
6. ingange 14 points 
7. MrPiet 13 points 

8. Stroggefier 12 points 

9. Thoos24Mass 10 points 

10. Kobayashi10 8 points 

11. lazaros16 5 points 

12. Theflowww 3 points 

13. DimitrisGiannopoulos 2 points 

13. Litos76 2 points 

Hot Lap 3 is underway and all the details are published in the initial post: GT Giants Championship: Round 3

Good luck and see you there!   :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#43 vaskezzz

vaskezzz

Novice

• 19 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:13 PM

Awesome video!!! This is "golden standard" from now on for every race on SRW!!! Enjoyed watching. Cheers

#44 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:31 AM

heat race for race 3 went well for me.... qualified 5th about 0.3 sec of poll....I was running 5th for the most part of the race , with some clean , consistent laps , and during last part of the race , the yellow flags were out and cars were scattered around turn 3 , and I moved into 2nd ....had to  defend my position from flaren89 , but I managed to hang on to 2nd to qualify..... lets hope for the best for the main race tonight !!

#45 ingange

ingange

Crew Chief

• 504 posts
  • LocationMaribor

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:31 AM

Im disaponted with my performance . I was not quick enough . Still dont know what was the problem me or setup of car . But that is reality . There were a lot of great drvers in heat rsces . Congrats to all who made in main race . Ill wait in chat if reserves will be needed .
Racing is what real men do while the boys play football .

http://addictedtospeed.enjin.com/ <--- Home Of Addicted To Speed

#46 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:06 AM

race 3 of the championship at Silverstone was quite a lonely race for me , and nothing much to report ....qualified 12th  and finished 10th .... without any incident , nothing much more really .... would have to improve my pace much more to be competitive here .

#47 Flaren89

Flaren89

Semi-Pro

• 136 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:36 AM

Instead for me nice race, placed 7th by concentrating on not do mistakes... I just did 3-4 but little during the race... I even improved my Hot Lap record by 0.2s at 25th lap :P althought I could push more in a couple of corners... A couple of good battles around the race...

GJ to everyone!

Most Played games (actually): - Gran Turismo 6 (PS3); - World of Warcraft (PC); - SimRaceWay (PC); - DotA 2 (Steam PC)

#48 nolanbowlin

nolanbowlin

Seasoned

• 71 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:41 PM

Just a heads up since I had several good laps disqualified today at Indy... It will sometimes think you've entered the pits and disqualify your lap if you come to close to the pit lane after the final corner. Just FYI.

27 Time LFS Champion - www.inex-racing.com - www.btpmovies.com - iRacing DWC Competitor

#49 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:53 AM

Need Indy heat race info please. :)

#50 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:49 AM

round 4 of the championship at Indy was the biggest struggle for me so far ... went in as the reserve driver but was not up to pace ....  finished 10th , and bagged some points .

#51 Flaren89

Flaren89

Semi-Pro

• 136 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:35 AM

Instead for me went good again. 8th in Hot Lap, so qualified directly for the main race, in the race I was maybe too much cautious at the start, could be easily 4th-5th at first sector, but I preferred to not risk and save myself. The rest of the race went ok, just an half-spin and very few small errors, finished 6th without fights and pressure at 6 seconds gap from Gral in front of me, considering that only the half-spin made me lose 3 seconds.

Happy about that.

The only thing, it still misses information for Race 4 when we are heading to Race 5 in the OP...

Most Played games (actually): - Gran Turismo 6 (PS3); - World of Warcraft (PC); - SimRaceWay (PC); - DotA 2 (Steam PC)

#52 SwervinIrvin

SwervinIrvin

Semi-Pro

• 150 posts
  • Facebook:SwervinIrvin
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:54 PM

I like the times. I hope I can get a few of these in before I start work for the winter. Please don't do a qualification for heat races. I'm always in the 20s or so but I race faster.

SwervinIrvin

#53 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:08 AM

the GT giants Championship is an open setup championship, and it is essential to make the right setup to be competitive, For people starting out in simracing it might be difficult to know where to begin , so I thought of sharing a few documents that might help you start . and remember setup is about finding the right compromise for the particular track and to make the car suit your driving style :)

Attached Files

#54 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:14 PM

in the attachments above , even though one guide is is for F1 cars , it still has useful information , be sure to check both out , I see only the GT setup has been downloaded more :)

#55 Flaren89

Flaren89

Semi-Pro

• 136 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:22 PM

Very good Midweek race for me after all...

- Hot Lap: 11th, couldn't absolutely do better;

- Heat Race 1: completely disaster, only bad note in this race;

- Heat Race 2: dominated;

- Official race: good qualifying, never overdo things, never forced the defense against B13A6 and mepte, as they were much faster than me, I just defended as much as it didn't bring me to risk, happy for the final 5th place.

Cya for next race.

#56 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:58 AM

hoped for a decent finish at round 5 at Mid Ohio , after I found about 0.5 sec in setup after heat races , but a long string of mistakes put me out of contention and finished in yet another 10th place .

#57 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:33 AM

HEADS UP TO LOGITECH USERS :

after getting my g27 a few months back I have been following an unofficial guide found in the forum to setup my wheel , but I had noticed some faults with it , firstly it did not provide good feedback of traction loss at the limit and also steering response was a bit delayed causing me to miss apexes on quick corners.

After consulting with Coss and other experienced racers I came to know that guide was not accurate. and there is the better and simpler way to set up your Logitech wheel .

* First Download the controller fine made by coss ( https://www.dropbox....oller.coss?dl=0) and rename to " controller.ini".

* Go to Appdata->Roaming->simraceway->USERDATA->(the folder with your username) and replace the existing controller.ini file with the new one.

* do not change the in game setting sliders ,  just remap the buttons to your liking.

* no need to save as a new profile , just hit apply and it will auto save to the .ini file .

* in the Logitech profiler create new profile for simracewayGame.exe and the settings should be as in the image attached . ( Change the Strength slider to your liking ) .

After running some test laps on a few cars and tracks I found I was quicker than my previous personal best by about 2 to 3 tenths and I hope my consistency improves in long races without some of those inexplicable mistakes . so yes setting up your controller properly is very important .

Don't make the same mistakes as I did :)

Attached Files

#58 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:40 AM

achieved my first pole in a live race at the 2nd heats at Silverstone :) ....  but it quickly turned to disaster as I was rammed from behind from Arckeo72   towards the end of lap 2 , he just drove right into the back of me .... very disappointing as I am racing late night ( 1 AM here ) after a long hard day, nobody deserves to be taken out in that manner :(  :(  ,.... after that there was a battle with lukesky, ... well u can see the action for yourselves  

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=OV1zJx1WQAA

#59 Ludovic Gayon

Ludovic Gayon

Seasoned

• 82 posts
  • Facebook:arckeo72
  • LocationFrance

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:47 AM

Hi,

i'm really sorry niraceway, i have been surprised by your stronger braking than mine

i was very nervous in this race certainly due to my long absence.

i hope so to fight with You again in a next race .

See you

Arckeo 72

#60 Flaren89

Flaren89

Semi-Pro

• 136 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:35 PM

Main race... Went so and so...

After all, got 5th place in the chase of Mepte, if I woke up earlier I could get him. So good by this point of view.

Bad was for the start, where I had to avoid the guy in front of me which slept hard and so I had to do entire straight on the grass, then in T1 got kicked out from MrPiet, which unfortunately I hit from behind on T4 for some coincidences like forced out of track in T3 and I did slip my tires there, had to control the car and so no more room to do the cross line to MrPiet that I thought to do, also because for the traffic he brake earlier than expected. I slowed down to force slow all other ppl and let him get back in a so not bad position, anyway.

Then for 2 times I had to avoid StuntmanMike24, first when he spun trying to overtake Gralfindel_PL, had to slow a lot to let him stop and become a ghost, no room to avoid contact otherwise, then secondly when he was about to spun after overtake me as he exagerated on the accelerator, I toke the inside line (cross line successfull this time) and used my car to not let him full spin, which would be dangerous for me also. Got yellow wheel arch for this, but I don't think it slowed the car so much.

Apart from last 10 laps where I started do good things, my pace was quite bad untill that point.

Chatted with MrPiet after the race in PM and he was a bit angry, but told me it was fine for him. I ask sorry again to him.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gt, gt3, gt2, watkins glen, daytona, silverstone, indianapolis, mid-ohio, laguna seca, brands hatch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users