Photo

GT Giants Championship - Season 1

gt gt3 gt2 watkins glen daytona silverstone indianapolis mid-ohio laguna seca brands hatch

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#21 ingange

ingange

Crew Chief

• 504 posts
  • LocationMaribor

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:24 AM

Hi . I still cant belive my luck . I gave my best in quali but it was only good enougt for 9th place . The start vas great i did make up some places but before braking in 1st corner i got hit from side and send spining on gras . when i came back on track i was 11th,and shure the race was over for me . But i did not give up and pushed hard . Others were in fight too so i was able to catch up . Becose of little mistakes every one msking i came in 4th place with Mrpiet behind me . He was much faster but realy fair . I did not give up my place and he was waithing for my mistake i think but the presure was strong . Then i saw him lose control under braking , that could be partaly my fault cos i was closing racing line before him an he did not want to hit me . Thx for a fair fight Mrpiet . Afer that one of the leading 3 made a mistake and went off . So i beacame 3th . Insaneeee im soo hapy .

PS . There is a big posibility that there will be the same race as GT giants on another server at same time for those who want to race but did not quali for main race . I hope that coss findes a time to make another server for all if 9 races , becose there are a lot of us who would like to race in events like this but wont get to qualy . no prices and of corse yust fun of driving long races .
Racing is what real men do while the boys play football .

http://addictedtospeed.enjin.com/ <--- Home Of Addicted To Speed

#22 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:07 AM

Just in case anyone else is interested in the details of the heats...

Heat 1

12 Nissan GT-R GT3
3 Audi R8 LMS Ultra
2 McLaren MP4-12C GT3

1. lazaros16  (GT-R)
2. Lukesky80  (GT-R)
3. ingange  (GT-R)
4. Noddy.Racer  (GT-R)
5. Ragster  (GT-R)
6. Kobayashi10  (GT-R)
7. wttnn1  (12C)
8. Demitri  (GT-R)
9. Theflowww  (GT-R)
10. riba88  (R8)
11. MrPiet  (GT-R)
12. Gralfindel_PL  (R8) - DNF
13. Bolinhas  (12C) - DNF
14. supercar1  (R8) - DNF
15. Mepte  (GT-R) - DNF
16. tomcat458  (GT-R) - DNF
17. andreueikepas  (GT-R) - DNF

Heat 2

8 Nissan GT-R GT3
5 Audi R8 LMS Ultra
4 McLaren MP4-12C GT3

1. Mepte  (GT-R)
2. MrPiet  (GT-R)
3. Gralfindel_PL  (R8)
4. Johndaniels  (R8)
5. Kobayashi10  (GT-R)
6. kenz247  (R8)
7. Ragster  (GT-R)
8. Demitri  (GT-R)
9. supercar1  (R8)
10. Phil_pilote  (GT-R)
11. renspens  (12C)
12. toold  (12C)
13. Bolinhas  (12C)
14. Tiptoe  (R8)
15. wttnn1   (12C) - DNF
16. niraceway  (GT-R) - DNF
17. Theflowww  (GT-R) - DNF

There were 24 racers out of a possible 34 spots.  10 guys (out of 14 that were allowed to stay) stuck around after Heat 1, so only 7 guys were able to join Heat 2.

I was afraid the heats would be dominated by the GT-R, but there was a nice mix of cars in Heat 2.  I hope we see more of this instead of just one car dominating at a particular track.

#23 Hellward

Hellward

Novice

• 13 posts
  • LocationWales

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:29 AM

This kind of tournament defeats the point of having SQ at all !!

#24 LoneWolfGAM

LoneWolfGAM

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 194 posts
  • Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/gregorio.miron
  • Twitter:@LoneWolfGAM
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:03 PM

I'm just saying but is there some form of balance of performance in GT3 or GT2 here?

"I don't have to sell my soul /He's already in me... I don't need to sell my soul /He's already in me...
I wanna be adored..."
I wanna be adored- The Stone Roses @}-;-'---

#25 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:52 PM

We are just approaching Race 1 of the GT Giants Championship and here is our 14 drivers, who managed to qualify for it:

aw5n.png

1. GriVi 1:41.129

2. kbl 1:41.258
3. Thoo24Mass 1:41.554
4. B13A6 1:41.563
5. bakosgabor57 1:41.632
6. DimitrisGiannopoulos 1:41.718
7. Stroggefier 1:41.810
8. shaun24_CZ 1:41.953

u5n6.png

1. lazaros16 26:07.967

2. Lukesky80 26:08.854
3. ingange 26:20.420

mce5.png

1. Mepte 26:00.873

2. MrPiet 26:15.285
3. Gralfindel_PL 26:23.595

Well done making it through and see you on the web chat:)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#26 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:53 PM

Mind you, I will look through the questions above and answer after the race.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#27 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:36 PM

Well I got lucky and got a spot in the final as a reserve.  Thanks to Ragster who had an opportunity to join the race but gave it to me. :)   I knew I was going to be the slowest guy on the track so my only goal was to drive steady and finish the race.  Of course I qualified dead last, by 0.5s.  Thanks to various incidents others were having early in the race, I ran as high as P11 and I had people in sight the whole time I was in the race, but unfortunately I got disconnected at the end of Lap 9. :(   After being very lucky by getting into both heat races and getting into the final, I finally suffered some bad luck.  I managed to finish P12 and gain a few points because of a couple of early retirements.  I'm bummed because I will have very little opportunity to make it into any of the finals and score points, so I wanted to make the most of my opportunity.  But still, the last two days have been good, I had a blast in the two heat races and was excited to start the final. :)

#28 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:42 PM

OK so I'm going to track this championship:

http://www.dg42.net/...vent=1408MSQ511

With 9 races (and up to two scores being dropped), this will make it easier to track what's going on and see people's results at a glance.

Of course everything is unofficial until the official results are posted in this thread.

#29 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:29 AM

It was a decent start to the championship for me ...... entered the race as reserve driver towards the end of quali and had time enough for only one flying lap and I messed up that lap , so started from 13th on the grid .

I had a good start , and passed a few ppl into t1 and when things had settled down I was running as high as 5th . The only head to head battle I had on track was with Stroggefier , whom I passed earlier on but he fought back and re passed me towards the end . and on the very last lap I made a mistake and spun but managed to finished the race in 7th.

The main problem I had during the race was the balance of the car . I had got the race setup all wrong and the car had way too much oversteer on corner entry , so had a hell of a time just hanging on to the car , never mind pushing . But no excuses and no complaints , I am satisfied ! :)

Niranjan Kumar           SQ ~ 1000

India                  Team SDEv

#30 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:09 AM

Congratulations to all drivers that participated yesterday and especially GriVi for taking the win. Really well driven by everybody and a huge pleasure to watch, because the situation was far from settled for the most part. I will figure out a way to live stream for next time, either by myself or one of our TV guys. 

Please have a look at final results:

y5oj.png

1. GriVi 20 points 
2. B13A6 18 points 
3. Mepte 16 points 
4. shaun24_CZ 14 points 
5. Stroggefier 12 points 
6. Gralfindel_PL 10 points 
7. niraceway 9 points 
8. MrPiet 8 points 
9. ingange points 
10. Lukesky80 6 points 
11. lazaros16 5 points 

12. Kobayashi10 4 points 

13. bakosgabor57 3 points 

14. DimitrisGiannopoulos 2 points 

and...

dv2k.png

1. GriVi 20 points 
2. B13A6 18 points 
3. Mepte 16 points 
4. shaun24_CZ 14 points 
5. Stroggefier 12 points 
6. Gralfindel_PL 10 points 
7. niraceway 9 points 
8. MrPiet 8 points 
9. ingange points 
10. Lukesky80 6 points 
11. lazaros16 5 points 

12. Kobayashi10 4 points 

13. bakosgabor57 3 points 

14. DimitrisGiannopoulos 2 points 

Hot Lap 2 is underway and all the details are published in the initial post: GT Giants Championship: Round 2

Good luck and see you there!  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#31 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:28 AM

this way 34 racers got the chance to qualify for the live race with a good race and not with a good pc or web connection  :-)

best regards

dahrec   :D

These are playing a minimal role, because I make a decent space between sharing the link and starting the actual server. That is to allow everybody to get into that lobby (complete a full restart of the game) and be ready for the moment when server shows up on the list.

I agree with dahrec's suggestion, although it's not necessary to have two separate hot lap events.  But I would like to see 34 guaranteed spots for the heats (reserve camera and commentator only for the final), and interleave the top times into the two heats.  Reserves will be prioritized by time.

Alternative #1:  Don't interleave the hot lap times into the two heats, that way some slightly slower guys will have a chance to make the final (after the top 8 auto qualifiers, P9-P25 to Heat 1, and P26-P42 to Heat 2).  But the top 4 from Heat 1 make it to the final and only the top 2 from Heat 2 make it.  That way there's no point in sandbagging the hot lap event to get into Heat 2.

Alternative #2:  Reserve P9-P25 for Heat Race 1, and the top 4 places qualify for the final.  Make Heat Race 2 the free-for-all-whoever-can-join-first server rush that we had today (but you cannot enter both heat races), and only the top 2 places qualify for the final.

If we do change it to merit-based entry to the heat races, how about a little sugar for guys in the heat races that don't make it to the final?  Award one point each to the guys who don't advance.  This way the guys who are not fast enough to make it to any of the finals but put the work in to get into as many heat races as they can, have the possibility to score more points than a guy who is fast enough to make it into the finals but only enters a couple of races.  Reward participation and effort!

There are eight more rounds, why not try all of these suggestions?  :)

There are a few arguments against that. First of all, some people missed the opportunity indeed, but everyone was given an equal chance. That means drivers from the top of the leaderboard and bottom. One click of a mouse at the right time is all it took to get a chance, then you could remain in the server for another Heat, if you failed to qualify, effectively getting two opportunities. Another is that we don't want to defy the reality with all this and transform it into a lottery. It is how it is and everyone has to prepare well if he wants to get a chance to qualify. Otherwise, we risk to have drivers from completely different planets in one points score race and that's just bad.

On a technical note, both heat races appear in the same results page.  But since the qualifying for the final is the result of the individual races instead of best overall times, I would like to see them as separate events in the results.  Since I think most people will agree that people in the first heat should not be able to stick around for the second heat, creating separate events for Heat 1 and Heat 2 should be fine, no?  I know that the heats are not considered important because you only get points in the final, but for me (and a lot of others) the heat races will most likely be the only action we see in this championship so I would like to see the records of the individual heat races.

They do and you can see that top 6 are all that qualified through first and second Heat (3+3). That has been the case pretty much every time I've done something like this in the past, so a single event for all Heats. By the way, the early Heat Races (started in a Kart Championship long time ago) had separate leaderboards, but that was just adding unnecessary complexity and not helping anything. Not true that Heats are not considered important. These are nearly as good races as the finals and ideally we will have all of them live streamed. Actually, sometimes Heat Races beat the actual points scored races in the amount of action, because drivers are taking slightly more risks there.

I'm just saying but is there some form of balance of performance in GT3 or GT2 here?

Yes, both classes, but having said that and looking at the reality, I will be trying to improve that and make sure that there is a larger variety of cars used as we move forward. That will be done either through small adjustments to the physics, but might also include additional rules, like extra points for using a slower car, etc.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#32 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:10 PM

These are playing a minimal role, because I make a decent space between sharing the link and starting the actual server. That is to allow everybody to get into that lobby (complete a full restart of the game) and be ready for the moment when server shows up on the list.

There are a few arguments against that. First of all, some people missed the opportunity indeed, but everyone was given an equal chance. That means drivers from the top of the leaderboard and bottom. One click of a mouse at the right time is all it took to get a chance, then you could remain in the server for another Heat, if you failed to qualify, effectively getting two opportunities. Another is that we don't want to defy the reality with all this and transform it into a lottery. It is how it is and everyone has to prepare well if he wants to get a chance to qualify. Otherwise, we risk to have drivers from completely different planets in one points score race and that's just bad.

They do and you can see that top 6 are all that qualified through first and second Heat (3+3). That has been the case pretty much every time I've done something like this in the past, so a single event for all Heats. By the way, the early Heat Races (started in a Kart Championship long time ago) had separate leaderboards, but that was just adding unnecessary complexity and not helping anything. Not true that Heats are not considered important. These are nearly as good races as the finals and ideally we will have all of them live streamed. Actually, sometimes Heat Races beat the actual points scored races in the amount of action, because drivers are taking slightly more risks there.

Yes, both classes, but having said that and looking at the reality, I will be trying to improve that and make sure that there is a larger variety of cars used as we move forward. That will be done either through small adjustments to the physics, but might also include additional rules, like extra points for using a slower car, etc.

Yes coss , I too did not like the current lottery system for heat races...I believe you should give more credit to the effort put In by the drivers into the hotlap event ....the suggestions given by daheric and kobayashi look good to me ... that way we can also guarantee a closer and more competitive Final live race ....think about it please

#33 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:18 PM

OK, if this is the way it's going to be, that's fine. If you're lucky enough to get into the first heat and don't finish top 3, it's great to get a second chance. But for those who get completely shut out week after week (I assume there will be some), it will be very frustrating.

By the way, the early Heat Races (started in a Kart Championship long time ago) had separate leaderboards, but that was just adding unnecessary complexity and not helping anything. Not true that Heats are not considered important. These are nearly as good races as the finals and ideally we will have all of them live streamed. Actually, sometimes Heat Races beat the actual points scored races in the amount of action, because drivers are taking slightly more risks there.

OK fine, one results page. Oh I agree, the heat races are good. But to maximize participation, at least guarantee 16 spots per heat race.

#34 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:04 PM

I will try Kobayashi, but I'm not trigger happy and this is not enough of a base to make any changes yet.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#35 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:07 PM

...to the format, because improving the physics is another topic, we already know something for sure.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#36 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:29 AM

Coss, the time that I'm usually on, at night Cali time, it's impossible to find someone to do the GT Giants practice quick race.  Can you also make a challenge event so I can practice Daytona's day-to-night transition?  The GT2 cars on the Daytona road course is tough enough in the day, I'm sure it's gonna be pretty gnarly at night. :unsure:   I would prefer that the challenge event have no qualifying period, or maybe just a 5 minute qualifying period (good for one timed lap).

#37 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:18 AM

Well last week the two GT3 heat races were packed and more people were clamoring to get in the races.  This week neither GT2 heat race was filled.  Sure, the GT2 cars are not as sweet as the GT3 cars, but also I think this combo of the GT2 cars at the Daytona road course is particularly difficult and requires a good setup so the car is stable braking off the banking into Turn 1 and into the chicane.  I'm guessing that's why there wasn't an overflow of people trying to get into the heats.  So overall, I guess the first-come-first-served admittance into the GT heats will work out fine.

So in Heat 1 I qualified just a tenth slower than my hot lap time and started P7 of 13 racers.  After an action-packed race and feeling pressure the whole way, I drove steady and finished at a respectable P4.  Close, but still not qualified.  in Heat 2 there were just 9 starters.  My qualy time was 0.3s slower than the previous heat, but I started P4.  However at the start, coming out of Turn 1 I went backwards to P6.  After some action in front of me I was in P3 after a few laps, and from there I lapped steadily. Jippert92 was a few seconds back and was slowly catching up to me until it turned dark, when he slowed down a bit, then he started gaining on me again, but then he must have had a moment because he dropped back a couple of seconds and I was able to cruise the last few laps without pressure for my first podium in a live race.  I'm very stoked to qualify for a final.  :)

#38 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:21 AM

coming into the heat races , I knew I did not have pace at Daytona , but managed to qualify 5th , I knew if I just put it some clean consistent laps  without incidents I would make up at least 1 place  due to the possible high of attrition on this tricky track and car combo ...on the opening lap on turn 2 there was contact between me and Ragster, but fortunately there was no damage ..... by the end of the race,  though when it turned dark my pace dropped terribly ,  I had made up 2 positions to end up 3rd and qualify for the main race ..... just hoping to finish a incident free race nothing more than that this week I am afraid ..... 

#39 MrPiet

MrPiet

Seasoned

• 51 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:32 AM

I was wondering where the pit entry is (begins) on Daytona ?

So where can I leave the circuit?

#40 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:31 PM

Here's the championship table after two rounds:

http://www.dg42.net/...vent=1408MSQ511

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gt, gt3, gt2, watkins glen, daytona, silverstone, indianapolis, mid-ohio, laguna seca, brands hatch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users