49 replies to this topic

#41 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:34 PM

ok guys, i raced wtcc this week end, had an incredible launch on first race and got away fast, then got promoted to race A, got the same kind of gate launch only to loose it all at first corner cuz i could not see on my sides and didnt want to make any contact at all, i let everyone go by because of that... (i like my paint job ;-))

we need something like trackir or something like it to be enabled so we can avoid silly accidents wenever possible. the guys are doing a great job streaming and commenting the races and we are limited in our agression/respect by that. if anyone got any suggestions please tell us what to do !

Are you in the right thread bro? :P

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#42 lachiasse

lachiasse

Semi-Pro

• 179 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:52 PM

id post that in any treads if it was just me, its something very annoying to not be able to tell what/who is surrounding us. im the kind of guy who understand that before winning we have to finish, so whatever can make that possible i a need i think.

Sportscar Driving Evolution

We help young teams to get started!

#43 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 19 October 2014 - 05:43 AM

Srw game "engineers" don't think plugins are needed. Just like other features. virtual mirrors is a prime example.

This game's not going to succeed when only one member of staff is doing what's required to make the game work.

3 years & still the game's not as it should be, It should be in direct competition with other sim games but it's not.

Hey Danny, I wonder why you got banned?  I looked through your posts and I see no reason what you wrote would be offensive or any violation of the TOS.  In fact, you were trying to help. 

If that's any indication, I feel like this false sense of openness but silent banning which I see here really is a cover up for something.  Coss does a great job on events, but where is any of this development that is claimed?  We can have more cars, but we don't need more cars- what Coss does is more than enough to keep us hungry for more.  Why else would I be here - when I have Assetto to play?  I tell you this Kart now pisses me off, but Coss makes this feel like a community!

#44 logsta11

logsta11

Contributor

• 9 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 05:52 AM

It would be great if there was a plugin that allows you to put dials etc on a second monitor (like iHud but for a second monitor)

#45 Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley

Seasoned

• 78 posts
  • Facebook:moxley6969@hotmail.com

Posted 08 November 2014 - 02:53 PM

Wow still no plugins, Sorry Coss and crew. But this situation is a joke.  Figure it out already sheesh.

3Dof Seat mover - 25:1 Motors - Pololu JRK - 575w PSU - Hall effect Pot
CSW Ekretz Mod - CSP V2 Mugen Mod - CSS - F1 Wheel - BMW Wheel - SRW-S1 ButtonBox
i7-4790K @ 4.0k - Z97 Hero II - H105 Cooler - 2X NVidia GTX670 4GB - Dominator Platinum 16GB - 850w Supernova - 840Evo SSD 250G - Cosmos II Case

#46 SRW_Phil

SRW_Phil

CSR

• Community Champion
  • 34 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:40 AM

Plugin issue relates to licensing of the game engine so it's a little less easy to "figure it out" than perceived although we will establish a means to include third party features usually provided by plugins at some stage in the future.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#47 japreja

japreja

Novice

• 38 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 13 December 2014 - 11:11 AM

Hope there will be docs on plugin development if it is at all different from the main game engine docs.  I would like to make a custom controller plugin that recognizes the http://www.ftdichip.com/ line of FT232R series chips.  I would like to tell the chip of the Vehicle Speed, RPM's, Tire temp, Engine/Oil Temp, etc... and display it on the controller screen instead of the game screen.

I will design the hardware and release it to SRW to enhance their own wheel or offer a new version.  Just need acces to the above data in real time.  See the development platform I will use for prototyping on youtube.  BTW I do have some Accelerometers to use for steering, just not in this video which is from 2011.

I'll start a thread with my controller design once I can access the required info or figure out how to setup the INF files to recognize the FT232R device as a General Purpose Gaming device.

Come race HO Scale Thunder Jet 500s and Frey at http://www.springvilleslotcarclub.com

#48 Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley

Seasoned

• 78 posts
  • Facebook:moxley6969@hotmail.com

Posted 13 December 2014 - 05:30 PM

Year and a half almost 2 years later and still no plugins,   What a shame....... :rolleyes:

Good luck japreja, IMO your wasting your talents on a project for this title.

3Dof Seat mover - 25:1 Motors - Pololu JRK - 575w PSU - Hall effect Pot
CSW Ekretz Mod - CSP V2 Mugen Mod - CSS - F1 Wheel - BMW Wheel - SRW-S1 ButtonBox
i7-4790K @ 4.0k - Z97 Hero II - H105 Cooler - 2X NVidia GTX670 4GB - Dominator Platinum 16GB - 850w Supernova - 840Evo SSD 250G - Cosmos II Case

#49 lachiasse

lachiasse

Semi-Pro

• 179 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:43 PM

http://www.vitumo.de/

what about something that already works with the 'original' game engine to lets you display some useful informations whilst driving.

• Tyretemperatures (In/Mid/Out)
  • Tyrewear
  • Tyrepressure
  • Enginetemperatures (Water/Oil)
  • Braketemperatures
  • Engine Health
  • Track- and ambienttemperature
  • Session length (remaining time in a practice session or laps in race)
  • Fuelconsumption (for last lap / average)
  • Driverslist and their postion
  • During practice the fastest laps are displayed
  • In Race the gaps are displayed according to yourself. These times are updated every second or by sector change (can be customized)

that is the kind of tool id like to see availlable. :wub:

Sportscar Driving Evolution

We help young teams to get started!

#50 clark10

clark10

Semi-Pro

• 169 posts
  • LocationChampagne - France

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:04 PM

Interested in Plugin

To have telemetry like lachiasse

to have the led of the g27 working.

To have my bobdnar sli-m working

SQ : 922 / Miles raced : 83 682 / Car owned : 118 / Favorite : Maserati Tipo Birdcage

Member since 2008. My car collection  : http://bit.ly/1JcnCdQ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users