49 replies to this topic

#1 SRW_Joseph

SRW_Joseph

CSR

• 26 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, California

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:30 AM

Hello Everyone, 

At this stage plugins do not function in Simraceway. However we are planning to have certain plugins specially encrypted to work with the game.

This is a list of plugins where the developers have been contacted, responded positively, and are awaiting for when we  start getting these encrypted to work with the game.

1) Intellivibe

2) Fanaleds

3) TrackIR

4) SLi-Max-manager

5) FreeMotion Software

6) SimConMOTION

The following are plugins that have been asked for, but as yet no developer contact has been initiated. As these developers are contacted, I will update the list below, adding to the list above.

1) Data Acquisition "MoTec Logfile" plugin

2) rfVCRmerge

3) DashMeterPro

4) rfDynHud

5) rfSkinHud

6) Z1 Dashboard

7) raceBOARD-s

8) SimDash

9) SimVibe Plugin

10) X-Simulator

The one thing we can't do is have 4 plugins that all do the same thing, in those cases (like telemetry) we will put it to a popular vote so majority rules. The EXCEPTION will be motion/tilt plugins, we will try and have as many of those as you guys ask for, as most will only work with a specific rig or setup.

As always please comment below to request new plugins be added.

Fast Laps,

Joseph Loewinsohn
Simraceway Support
San Francisco, California

#2 Borjita

Borjita

Novice

• 36 posts
  • Facebook:Borja Curra Fontan
  • LocationSpain

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:53 AM

Hi Joseph,

Take the new forum for remind and ask information about the plugin Frex http://www.frex.com/gp/ Gp. I guess the point number 6, are you referring to this, right?

Thanks

Step on the Pedal to full and do not look back!!

Borjita
Virtual Racing Team
Pontevedra, Spain

#3 Matrox

Matrox

Seasoned

• 85 posts
  • LocationCologne, Germany

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

Like on getSat i want to suggest the ShaderpackPL here again. It goes a bit beyond the "regular plugins" but it can improve alot of shaders used with the engine. The Shaderpack requires to edit f.e. carpaints where they get used. Good thing is that default shaders dont get replaced so they can be used in tandem.

Link: http://www.rfactorce...gPL Shader Pack

there is also a thread with examples etc at isi Forums

#4 Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley

Seasoned

• 78 posts
  • Facebook:moxley6969@hotmail.com

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:52 PM

SimVibe is a BIG one for me. Please please Pretty Please.  :D

3Dof Seat mover - 25:1 Motors - Pololu JRK - 575w PSU - Hall effect Pot
CSW Ekretz Mod - CSP V2 Mugen Mod - CSS - F1 Wheel - BMW Wheel - SRW-S1 ButtonBox
i7-4790K @ 4.0k - Z97 Hero II - H105 Cooler - 2X NVidia GTX670 4GB - Dominator Platinum 16GB - 850w Supernova - 840Evo SSD 250G - Cosmos II Case

#5 xez

xez

Contributor

• 4 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:51 AM

Non-working SimVibe is actually a deal-breaker for me. I actually bought the software specifically to use with SimRaceway (because, as we know, it used to work!), but all plugin functioning was deactivated the very day before I loaded it.   :o

The result....

I now play other titles that support SimVibe and hardly play SimRaceway at all!  It's not that I don't enjoy SimRaceway any more, but for me, having Simvibe running has become that important for driving sims. It just adds so much to the immersion.

So, like Nick writes above, I also say " Please please Pretty Please"... and how hard could it be to reimplement when you already had it working in the past?

The bottom line is, SimRaceway is losing income (from me at least) because it doesn't support Simvibe any more.   :huh:

#6 Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley

Seasoned

• 78 posts
  • Facebook:moxley6969@hotmail.com

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

Told ya guys were waiting on SimVibe Joseph.... ;)

I was under the impression you already spoke to them and they were waiting on SRW.   Maybe im thinking of a different plugin, But i could have sworn I asked in specific to Simvibe.

Let us know buddy.

3Dof Seat mover - 25:1 Motors - Pololu JRK - 575w PSU - Hall effect Pot
CSW Ekretz Mod - CSP V2 Mugen Mod - CSS - F1 Wheel - BMW Wheel - SRW-S1 ButtonBox
i7-4790K @ 4.0k - Z97 Hero II - H105 Cooler - 2X NVidia GTX670 4GB - Dominator Platinum 16GB - 850w Supernova - 840Evo SSD 250G - Cosmos II Case

#7 tomekf248

tomekf248

Seasoned

• 60 posts
  • Facebook:kubiaktomek
  • Twitter:tomekkubiak
  • LocationPoznan, Poland

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:14 PM

I've got some info about DashMeterPro. As it's creator says, making this app work with SRW is not that easy and due to lack of time he'll work on it in a few months.

So there are two sides of the story. The worse one is that it doesn't work and SRW did some changes which makes it harder than I tought. The good one is that it will work at some point and refunds are possible.

tomekf248 | SQ 875 | G27 & SRW-S1

WDW 9 Winner

#8 Swir80PL

Swir80PL

Novice

• 42 posts
  • Twitter:swir80pl
  • LocationDublin

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

Really gutted about dashmeterpro. I ise it in every other sim I play :/

#9 SimonTek

SimonTek

Novice

• 29 posts
  • LocationItaly, Europe

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:56 PM

it would be nice to have a plugin that converts replays to .mp4 or any other video format, this way could be useful for easy sharing and uploading

what do you think about it?

#10 Simon92

Simon92

Novice

• 46 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:30 AM

it would be nice to have a plugin that converts replays to .mp4 or any other video format, this way could be useful for easy sharing and uploading

I think just converting won't work, as the replay almost only contain the trackname and the car position. Graphics are then generated by the game while watching the replay.  It would be possible to create a recoding system, that records from the game, but you still have to but the parts together by yourself

#11 DimebagDK

DimebagDK

Novice

• Banned
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:14 AM

I am the developer of SimSli ( http://simsli.com )

I would like to be "allowed" to make a plugin, or have some kind of "generic" live-data-plugin available from you guys.

#12 Stiggy

Stiggy

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 209 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW, Australia

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:54 PM

RFE Plugin Series: dynamic weather plugin, with options for randomised weather (would be interesting for live races) or scripted weather - http://symracing.net...ewforum.php?f=3

ENBSeries: graphics/lighting enhancing plugin, that can add such effects as HDR, bloom and depth of field - http://www.enbdev.com/

"Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen in Le Mans

Racing and hotlapping for 4 years in Simraceway

#13 Cote_Dazur

Cote_Dazur

Novice

• 33 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:52 PM

Fanaleds would be very nice, I have noticed that every once in awhile  the blue point flashes, it seems random, I have no idea why it does, but I have not seen that happening with any other sim.

I used Fanaleds in AC, it is a nice feature, B)

#14 Ghe Go

Ghe Go

Novice

• 31 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:26 PM

iSpeed app support or even REST API to achieve the same goal :)

#15 Decibelio

Decibelio

Contributor

• 4 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:13 AM

It would be nice idea for the cockpits developers, to have a plugin to Leo Bodnar Cards. In my case i use BBI-32 Button Box Interface and I would like to do more accessories in the future, but today i can not use my DIY button box on Simraceway simulator :(

Thanks and a greeting to the Simraceway team.

#16 Michael Drost

Michael Drost

Contributor

• 7 posts
  • LocationAmersfoort

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:47 PM

Anything that will allow data analysis in for example: AIM, Motec, Race Technology, Race Logic, or even a simple csv ... I'll take anything!

#17 Michael Drost

Michael Drost

Contributor

• 7 posts
  • LocationAmersfoort

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:54 AM

Oh, and to get started: time, speed and position. Everything else would be a bonus, but I'd be happy with just these three (csv with per line: nr, x-pos, y-pos, spd at for example 10Hz).

Oh, and thank you very much in advance for your efforts ;-)

#18 forhaud

forhaud

Contributor

• 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:23 AM

In my opinion... realfeel plugin.
It would be another dimension to the game. With a lot more immersion and realism.

#19 DimebagDK

DimebagDK

Novice

• Banned
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:17 AM

Any news on this, guys???

I have a couple of comments, on the issue of plugins, though :

The one thing we can't do is have 4 plugins that all do the same thing, in those cases (like telemetry) we will put it to a popular vote so majority rules.

This statement sorta breaks my heart, and here's why :

I have spent the last 6 months or so, delivering an alternative to the "official" software regarding some pretty popular simracing-products.

My software is free and made out of only goodwill to the simrace community, and made with absolutely no "orders" or anything from the vendors of said products.

A popularity vote would most definitely not be in favour of my software, as it is much lesser known than the "official" one, which would leave my "customers" in the dark regarding SRW.

This situation is not unique at all.

We have NO way of knowing what kind of software that will surface in the future, and locking SRW into a select few would be a huge mistake, IMO.

If we, for a moment, ignores the fact that SRW is based in the gMotor engine, and as such is compatible with rFactor-plugins, wouldn't it be a MUCH better solution to provide your own API?

Depending on HOW much control you have, it could probably be implemented by you completely independent of the plugin-system?

I know nothing about how open a licensed gMotor is, but seeing the work you guys have done with UI and other stuff, I'd suspect you have a good bunch of control.

Please, consider making your own API (preferably a simple MMF, since that's probably the easiest way, PLUS it's one-way-communication so no 3rd-party-apps would be able to fubar your process, or even just slow it down, which is entirely possible in a plugin)

I am only referring to telemetry output in ths post, btw...

/Lars

#20 Dude74

Dude74

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 653 posts
  • LocationBasingstoke, Hampshire

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

Download fraps. Simples. Use movie maker to splice. Fraps uses a fair bit of space, but its high res. Def worth the effort.

SQ 890 Miles raced: 25k+ Total points: 35k+ Cars:64

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users