Photo

GP Anniversary Championship

gp anniversary championship silverstone mclaren mp4-29 mclaren mp4/4 donington park lotus 88b brands hatch lotus 72

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#61 Flaren89

Flaren89

Semi-Pro

• 136 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:38 AM

I think you can disable it, in old RTTWs you could...

Anyway, if not, I think it's to avoid ppl trying to go faster than car limit and just hope that goes well, if not no care, aborted lap and get another... With damage on, you are less likely to try this as you have to do the rollout lap again, just like you wrote...

Remember that this is a sim racing game and we should act like real drivers, not an arcade one and act like monkeys...

Most Played games (actually): - Gran Turismo 6 (PS3); - World of Warcraft (PC); - SimRaceWay (PC); - DotA 2 (Steam PC)

#62 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:55 AM

No, can't disable it.

I'm not pushing it extreme... just sometimes the outside wheel grabs the grass on this garbage track, and the car pulls into the grass then the gravel, which doesn't slow the car down, and a slight tap on the wall gives you yellow damage. 

I haven't really had this annoyance much before.  Just this track is so narrow and the car likes to be unpredictable at transitions sometimes (even the times I tried SC!).  I'm told by Coss that this is how they designed it (decel double the accel  differential setting). 

Sim racing or real life, there are always people that push WAY beyond the limit (lol), so I get what you mean.

#63 ingange

ingange

Crew Chief

• 504 posts
  • LocationMaribor

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:34 AM

With this weeks combo it is rely annoying. Yesterday i was driving for 2 hrs and i was pushing hard , but setup of car and shampoo on grass  killed my spirit . In 4 sessions  i completed only 5 laps . It will be real fun race to watch but to drive ??? It is almost impossible to drive 3 fast laps sequentially when alone on track , but in race with 13 other people . Lets hope for the best .

Racing is what real men do while the boys play football .

http://addictedtospeed.enjin.com/ <--- Home Of Addicted To Speed

#64 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:46 AM

I was looking forward to this track, but yeah this car on this track is scary.  The steering feels loose, not precise, so you have to stay away from the edge of the track.  But we're all in the same boat.  As long as no one knocks me off the track, I'm OK with the challenge of just staying on track.  This race will reward those who drive smoothly and conservatively, if you're lucky enough not to get slammed by someone driving too aggressively.

#65 Dude74

Dude74

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 656 posts
  • LocationBasingstoke, Hampshire

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:10 AM

WTH Rob? Stay on the black stuff if you dont like whats next to it......and what the hell is anyone doing wall riding anyway?

Damn cheaters.......jeez

SQ 890 Miles raced: 25k+ Total points: 35k+ Cars:64

#66 Bolinhas

Bolinhas

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 147 posts
  • LocationVila Nova de Gaia, Porto, Portugal, Europe :)

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:05 AM

You really didn't notice that the grass and sand is lower than the track???

The car just bottom and there you go...wweeeeeeeeeee.

So just keep the wheels on the tarmac.

#67 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:12 AM

I heard that 88B is a ground effect car: what does that means? Thanks :)

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#68 Flaren89

Flaren89

Semi-Pro

• 136 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:31 AM

To supercar1: Image and Wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia....d_effect_(cars)

ground_effect_lotus79b.jpg

To everybody: Well, think that in '70s-'80s there were an average of 2-3 drivers killed each year... There is a reason... High speed cars + high speed tracks with lack of safety systems.

The fact that the car gets trapped in the grass it's because ground effect cars, to have best venturi effect, were really low and because they were low, suspensions and springs were really hard, so the car couldn't bounce on bumps / grass / curbs... Many F1 drivers left the category for this reason, very painfull for their back. Cars of that era were almost karts in terms of cushioning ability...

Most Played games (actually): - Gran Turismo 6 (PS3); - World of Warcraft (PC); - SimRaceWay (PC); - DotA 2 (Steam PC)

#69 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:20 PM

Thanks Flaren!! :D

BTW did anyone noticed this? It says that you can do 3 laps (for example) with X fuel, but you just can do 2 :P

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#70 Rudolph523

Rudolph523

Seasoned

• 93 posts
  • LocationMidwoud (The Netherlands)

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

pretty happyt with p25 in hotlap, hope to have a good race.

#71 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:48 PM

Lotus 88B at Brands Hatch SQ 500-900 Hot Lap
Lotus 88B at Brands Hatch SQ 900-1100 Hot Lap

#72 clark10

clark10

Semi-Pro

• 180 posts
  • LocationChampagne - France

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:53 PM

I did 1:12.6 in the practice event, but impossible to set a time during qualif because the "traffic"...

I did my best lap at 1:13:5  despite 2 overtaking because the "traffic"

I started 2nd and ending at the 2nd...lap ! (sorry Reno for my bad come back on track )

nothing else to say. I'm a bit desesperate

c u 

SQ : 922 / Miles raced : 83 682 / Car owned : 118 / Favorite : Maserati Tipo Birdcage

Member since 2008. My car collection  : http://bit.ly/1JcnCdQ

#73 Mastrorocco

Mastrorocco

Seasoned

• 65 posts
  • Facebook:Massimo Mastrorocco
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:44 PM

I finished 12th because out of fuel at 15th lap......

i set 21 laps by pit....

Sorry 10@ for my slow speed but i was out of fuel and impossible to do better!

#74 Flaren89

Flaren89

Semi-Pro

• 136 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:02 PM

Quite good race for me.

Even with all energies drained from the beach day with my friends and got a sunstroke (which gave me a little headache), I got P2 in qualify and get the 1st after start. I saw Axfitey was faster than me, so I hold him behind me for some laps, than at the first occasion (mistake) I let him pass to have less pressure. Unluckly I did a quite big mistake some laps later which made me lose the position from devilbevin. But at the end, it threw away all the remaining pressure because I saw devilbevin was also faster than me, so after that I could just drive to the end without think about the pace.

So at the end between my physical and psicologic condition + wheel broken (no FFB) + that I'm again the only one in top 28 to not use ABS (and any sort of driving aid), I think it was a good weekend after all.

P.S.: Did you remember what I wrote last week, about the start? Well, you got the explaination why I wrote that right in this 900-1100 B start :P

#75 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:07 PM

I did 1:12.6 in the practice event, but impossible to set a time during qualif because the "traffic"...

I did my best lap at 1:13:5  despite 2 overtaking because the "traffic"

I started 2nd and ending at the 2nd...lap ! (sorry Reno for my bad come back on track )

nothing else to say. I'm a bit desesperate

c u 

Sorry Clark! you were hella fast in hot lap... could barely catch up to you or koba's times!

These small tracks around a minute long make it really hard to have space to qualify properly.

Also annoyance is the passing.  When hellward was running slow out of fuel, I was careful to pass, only to have someone else agressively pass and I tapped hellward- sorry!

It's just a cage that is too small and those who are more aggressive (or lucky!) end up getting ahead.

Not real racing to me, sorry coss but really we can make this work out 100x better, even if the fast guys qualify way ahead and I get worse position... I can accept that without these mayhem/issues.

#76 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:23 PM

First of all, congratulations to Tatoon for the SQ 500-900 A Race pole position.  He was brimming with confidence during the hot lap event, and he followed that up with a blazing qualifying lap.

My qualifying went horribly.  As usual I was feeling too much pressure and I kept blowing Turn 1. I ended up P9 and 1.3 seconds slower than my hot lap time.  The race start was OK but someone tapped me in Turn 1 and caused some yellow damage.  Some minor jostling for position in Turn 2 as well but after that I had a very clean race.

Starting near the end of Lap 7, when andybob put two wheels off and Hellward almost passed him, a train formed with andybob, Hellward, Kobayashi10, and robnitro.  Within a few laps, Tatoon joined the train.  As others have noted, this track is too narrow and the edge of the track too unforgiving for aggressive pass attempts, although the flowing nature of the track is part of it too.  With Hellward having to pit for fuel, I managed to finish P4 after being P10 on the first lap, so I'm happy with the result.  :)

#77 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:33 PM

Again here's the totally unofficial SQ 500-900 championship table:

http://www.dg42.net/...mpionships.html

There is uncertainty with some of the points assignments (some penalties may be applied in the official results), so a few people's point totals will change.

Congrats to wttnn1, who I believe has already wrapped up the championship. cheers.jpg  Demitri is in a strong position to finish P2, but P3 to P7 are completely up in the air.

#78 brockie

brockie

Seasoned

• 87 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:24 AM

well I had a great qualli and got pole, but after 3 or so laps I relized I was slowing wackypie quite abit and pressure was building I also became worried I would bin it,so let him by just after t1 only to lock up and bunt him into hairpin(sorry wacky), lucky we had a good lead and I was able to wait and let wacky resume his race in 1st,where he streaked away till end, I sort of lost my nerve for awhile after that, as garaith and KMquick gained fast,but they must have been in a great battle, as I was ableto pull a small gap over garaith till the end.

congrats to wackypie on 1st, and garaith on 3rd.

thanks Kobayashi10 for the champs table.. all racers,the voice(liam) and hosts(SRW)

Member Since: 24-1-13 ..  SQ: 887 ..  Cars Owned: 125 ..  Miles Raced: 45k ..  Control Input: Logitech F310

If You Want More Inches???  Stroke It!!!!

find me @ https://www.facebook...100001072954188

#79 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:04 AM

well I had a great qualli and got pole, but after 3 or so laps I relized I was slowing wackypie quite abit and pressure was building I also became worried I would bin it, so let him by just after t1 only to lock up and bunt him into hairpin(sorry wacky), lucky we had a good lead and I was able to wait and let wacky resume his race in 1st,where he streaked away till end...

We all saw it on the live stream, it was a dramatic moment as we waited to see if you guys would get going before the other guys caught up and passed you. :P

I've also noticed that when I've gone off line to let someone pass, it can upset my rhythm through the next couple of corners until I get settled down again; I assume that's probably what happened to you.

#80 jmoo1

jmoo1

Seasoned

• 66 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:41 AM

What a Combo and what a race :) despite little time for practice im once again surprised by the outcome. Finished 6th in quali with a mistake in Sector 1 that cost me 0.4 - so could have been 2nd - but would have still been 1 second of a blasting Shadowbounty!! Incredible pace!!

I knew there would be a few mistakes infront of me, so i took it rather easy on start. And as predicted it didnt take long and i was 2nd with Shadowbounty already over the hills flying away!! Launger was on my tail tho and i couldbt avoid my first mistake in turn 7, which dropped me to 3rd. but Launger hit the grass and the wall on start/finish straight so i was back to 2nd. i took it easy from then on because i knew no one could overtake me on this tight track.... so i let sone time go just to take no risk which gave Stuntman the opportunity to close up again... i wasnt worried until he took me out in t2. spon and took time to recover, he waited abit but not long enough to let me pass again... from then on i was a bit mad... gap to him stayed the same, i did a few mistakes etc. (claiming 2nd back) cause there was no way for him past under normal circumstances....

Quiet impressed and stunned by Shadowbountys performance, cause he finished with 1.04. minutes ahead!! ( Shadow, with my text on chat i didnt try to discredit your speed and talent, which is outstanding) And grats to your win of the Championship!!

So overall a good race for me with again a surprising good finish in the 3rd Race of this Championship.... Lets go Lotus@Silverstone

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gp, anniversary, championship, silverstone, mclaren mp4-29, mclaren mp4/4, donington park, lotus 88b, brands hatch, lotus 72

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users