Photo

GP Anniversary Championship

gp anniversary championship silverstone mclaren mp4-29 mclaren mp4/4 donington park lotus 88b brands hatch lotus 72

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#41 Shadowbounty

Shadowbounty

Seasoned

• 82 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:46 PM

I agree, front locks up no matter what brake bias or ABS you are using.

#42 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:47 PM

I was thinking: I will be the first in the hotlap and I hope to win the race :D

Then, from nowhere, comes a guy that I dont even know who he is at he just beats me by 500 milisseconds!!! -.-' I guess its racing...

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#43 Blue_Fatal1ty

Blue_Fatal1ty

Novice

• 30 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:11 PM

wow 14 drivers within one second! B)

#44 Rudolph523

Rudolph523

Seasoned

• 93 posts
  • LocationMidwoud (The Netherlands)

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:00 PM

happy, to qualify myself direct for the race, for the first time in 4 races, hopefully my race will also be good. i feel good. 27, with a time that is good for me, was only once faster than this.

#45 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:55 PM

We begin in a few minutes from now  :D

I will be sharing the lists of qualified on web chat, so please make sure to attend it. There is one major change in 500-900 group, arox123 has been moved up to the 900-1100 group and steps into P19. He is a new user and accessed the lower group with his starting SQ, which has now gone above that.

Good luck in Round 2  B) 

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#46 El_N1No

El_N1No

Novice

• 42 posts
  • Facebook:Attkaaa
  • LocationHungary

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:08 PM

Hi guyz!

All i can say this is not my favourite weekend: too hot to drive fast and my vga card is broken right now and the another onboard vga is too weak ffor fast and consistent driving so all i can say now i retired from racing for some weeks.

Its good news for guyz who slower than me so i cant racing today sorry.

Have fun and drive fair guyz but i know this combo is not the easiest one :P

I hope i can watch it.

So reserve drivers hurry up

#47 Flaren89

Flaren89

Semi-Pro

• 136 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:51 PM

Distaster race for me, maybe the worst one...

Started everything at green light where, again, I couldn't push accelerator 100% to not collide on other drivers, but still I hit Saverio in the braking zone because ppl in front of me braked too early... At that point I just drove to see if I would kill myself before the race or get the finish line, not even caring about driving good...

I beg you guys, pls, as it wasn't the first time it happened to me: Practice in QRs on standing starts and reflexes... Every single race I have to avoid by steering or cut off accelerator to not crash into someone not in the braking zone, BUT IN THE STRAIGHT RIGHT AFTER GREEN LIGHT... How can I start 0.5s before everybody else?

No FFB because my wheel broke on Thursday, probably I'm the only one to drive this car without any aid, even ABS disabled so I'm the guy that had to work harder to find a balance and good lines and in the race this... Seriously, maybe it was better to not compete... This just kicked off all good things I did in the Race 1...

25L fuel more than other ppl as the pits to repair car added those and with a half yellow car (the pit repaired the wing, not the yellow chassis) and still got 1:09.8 as fastest lap and had a better pace than 5th and 6th place, meh...

Most Played games (actually): - Gran Turismo 6 (PS3); - World of Warcraft (PC); - SimRaceWay (PC); - DotA 2 (Steam PC)

#48 Rudolph523

Rudolph523

Seasoned

• 93 posts
  • LocationMidwoud (The Netherlands)

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:25 PM

happy ish with p4 in race, had concentration issues, because of the heat, was very sweaty as well. later my stomach made it worse. made some mistakes, but dont know if they caused me, to lose a chance for p3. quali was great otherwise, did an 1:08.985, my fastest lap around donington ever! and first time to break through the 1;09. still i want to dedicate this race to the families who lost their loved ones. as there were lot dutch people dead too. it hits me pretty hard, that so much people needed to die because of an problme between some countrys. R.I.P. to all the people who lost their lives, and support for the people who lost them..... lets respect each other!!!!

#49 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:21 PM

Again, I'm tracking the SQ 500-900 championship (unofficial of course until Coss posts final results).  I made a standard URL that you can bookmark.  See the top drop-down menu for the previous championships:

I now include links to the A and B race event pages so you can download the replay.

There's some uncertainty from the Silverstone A Race (official results have not been posted yet).  supercar1 finished P11 just ahead of brockie, but he put four wheels way off at Copse on the last lap with brockie just behind, so they should probably swap positions.  Also, 10@ qualified for the A race but my understanding is that he couldn't join for some reason.  Since the grid was filled out with reserves, he can't get 24 points, so I assigned him 22 points, but I don't really know how Coss is going to handle that.  Also in the Donington B Race Mastrorocco was DQ'd, but I don't know if he gets 12 points or 0 points.

#50 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:17 PM

Well I had a bizarre race. I'm just glad I survived.  I qualified P7, which I'm reasonably happy with, and the start was OK.  In the early laps I felt huge pressure from supercar1, which was causing me to go way too slow, so on Lap 4 I let him by.  Unfortunately Garaith slipped by as well, and that was a problem because my natural pace was a little faster.  He got a little bent out of shape at the chicane and I tapped him (sorry man! :(), and it cost me a couple of positions.  I also overcooked the last hairpin a couple of times and lost positions.  The first 7 laps were just terrible.  Then suddenly I found my rhythm on Lap 8 and lapped steadily in the 1:10 range the rest of the way.  I was applying steady pressure on Garaith so he let me by on Lap 9 (thanks! :)), and then I spent the rest of the race catching up to skypilotpismo, who had a 5 second gap at this point.  I finally caught up to him on Lap 17, but he held steady for the last two laps. I'm reasonably satisfied with a P8 finish because the F1 cars at this track are scary, and I'm just glad I didn't lose a wing.  But if I hadn't made so many mistakes in the first 7 laps I would have finished 2 or 3 places higher.

While this car/track combo made me nervous, I'm really looking forward to next week's race.  It's gonna be a blast!  :D

#51 brockie

brockie

Seasoned

• 87 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:32 PM

wow what a race, I got bunted off in t1 l1, the great sportsman like driver doesn't even say sorry, (driving like that should be a penalty,and if they already had one or DQ'D.. ban from next race.. since there was no restart), but after that was all on me,i just couldn't get into the groove (was still fuming after t1), until lap 8 by then it was all way to late..LOL. all in all had good fun.

congrats to gym, garaith and sky1 on your podiums..

also yes im sure I finished behind supercar1, but he got a drive thru, or stop/go so in round 1 I finished 11th,in "A" and I think in round 2 at donington, im not sure but because garaith and sky1 moved up into the "a" race, I get 2nd in "B" but not 100%,but thanks heaps for your time and effort Kobayashi10..

I hope next week if I get in I can do better..

just like to say thanks to all racers, SRW, and our fearless leader Coss

Member Since: 24-1-13 ..  SQ: 887 ..  Cars Owned: 125 ..  Miles Raced: 45k ..  Control Input: Logitech F310

If You Want More Inches???  Stroke It!!!!

find me @ https://www.facebook...100001072954188

#52 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:47 AM

I'm getting a bit annoyed at the way SRW is doing the default setups for these new cars, like the Lotus 72...

It kind of makes me wonder how crazy the race will be with that car.

First, can't adjust almost anything, fine, maybe lock down the gears and the aero to make a fair base.

But then, there's some craziness which I noticed in the 72, it snaps - why?  COAST diff IS 80% and accel(power) only 20% ,
Translation: you lift off to corner, back wheels lock together,  go on gas and its for a bit of time locked rear diff, you spin the wheels then open diff (20% is weak).

I'm sorry SRW, but if this is how the setup is for the race, it's just going to be really bad.  I don't think I've ever seen any sim have a car where the coast was almost locked, yet the accel was almost open.  Usually its similar, or a bit more to locking accel.

But again, why not have somewhat open setups?

Not sure if the lotus 72 had adjustable springs, but yeah, your setup says "detached" which is strange?

UPDATE W 88B, tried to message you coss, but your box is full:

Look,

You want realism and I agree.. but one thing that is annoying me is that BOTH of these lotuses have backwards diff setups.  When you change accel to 60 and coast to 30 they are much more stable and smooth... 

Who exactly determines the setup for suspension etc???  It's a bit crazy feeling, even when I get the hang of it, feels very un natural.

But the champs and hotlaps are LOCKED setups... so where is the realism there? 

Meanwhile the oldie mclaren f1 cars handle pretty well, the lotus 88b and 72 both feel like they spin at the middle, like need for speed shift 2 physics (which is probably partially due to the setups being locked in the worst way- or the center of gravity being buggered up- which I don't think so).

#53 DR3D9

DR3D9

Semi-Pro

• 101 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:41 AM

the McClintock Files

Protest Request

In round two of the 500-900 B race, Lap 3, 3:50, at McLeans corner, I was struck by Garaith.
again, lap 3, 4:18, at Melbourne hairpin, I was struck by Garaith.
again, lap 3, 4:20, at Melbourne hairpin, I was struck by Garaith after cutting the grass and vectored into the wall.
I believe all these Garaith struckings was unnecessary.

I request penalties to be levied. Thanks

#54 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:20 PM

Well, my race overall was good...

Hotlap - 1st place  :D  B)

Race Qualify - 3rd place  :mellow:

First start - Problems with stream and WTF my wheel automatically set to 900º and I was using 270º!!

Second start - All good, 2nd place and the 1st spun so I was going to be 1st but we had to do a restart

Third start - I was shaking... a lot because of the stress and pressure... In a fast turn I went of the track and I wanted to come back to the track safely so I think I went from 3rd to 7th or 8th :( At least I fought and I could come back to 3rd place. Nice, but I wanted moaaaaar :P 

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#55 Blue_Fatal1ty

Blue_Fatal1ty

Novice

• 30 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:39 AM

This race will be harder then ever!

Car is to low and can't go on curbs!

Also grass on track is terrible. Once you go on it you can't get back.

#56 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:03 PM

Yeah the race seems like it's going to be nuts.  Car handles so weird too and the track is pretty narrow- will be hard to pass.

BTW, why is the wed-sun  event listed as practice 2, and not HOT LAP?

Confusing....

#57 Blue_Fatal1ty

Blue_Fatal1ty

Novice

• 30 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:20 PM

Yeah the race seems like it's going to be nuts.  Car handles so weird too and the track is pretty narrow- will be hard to pass.

BTW, why is the wed-sun  event listed as practice 2, and not HOT LAP?

Confusing....

There will be hot lap and practice. I think hot lap will be available today.

There is only one real spot for passing. Hard as ****! :)

#58 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:59 PM

Yeah I see it now, on Thursday, but the first post says:

Hot Lap SQ 500-900

• Weekly, for 4 weeks (Wednesday to Sunday)

Let's say someone wanted to post a time, and was unavailable from later Wed until the race.

They would be screwed that the hot lap was put up on THURSDAY...

#59 Blue_Fatal1ty

Blue_Fatal1ty

Novice

• 30 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:24 PM

Westfield is blind corner when you are behind someone! There is no markers.

ex:Attached File  srw.jpg   67.16KB   1 downloads

#60 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:24 AM

Is it possible next time to do hotlap without damage mandatory?
Theres no way to wallride a good time here, and running a bit off the track makes huge loss of grip, and sliding into wall.

Then, have to restart again- and do an untimed lap just to try again.

In the race I understand you want damage on, but for hotlaps why?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gp, anniversary, championship, silverstone, mclaren mp4-29, mclaren mp4/4, donington park, lotus 88b, brands hatch, lotus 72

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users