Photo

GP Anniversary Championship

gp anniversary championship silverstone mclaren mp4-29 mclaren mp4/4 donington park lotus 88b brands hatch lotus 72

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#21 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:58 PM

Congrats to robnitro for the SQ 500-900 A Race win under pressure, and to wackypie for the dominating B Race win. cheers.jpg

So from a decent P6 starting position in the A race, I was in P5 on the first lap when I touched the inside curb at Copse and spun off.  Luckily I barely managed to avoid hitting the wall and got back on track in P10.  Thanks to brockie for letting me enter Maggots first as I was still getting back up to speed and he could have forced the issue.  By the end of Lap 3 I was back in traffic, and I spent most of the race battling wackypie in front of me, and andybob behind me.  I tried to apply pressure to wacky but he hung tough.  Meanwhile, andybob was applying massive pressure on me.  To his credit he remained patient instead of trying to force his way past.  Finally at the end of Lap 12 his patience paid off and he passed me cleanly.  But then at the start of Lap 14 andybob gifted the position back to me by spinning off while trying to catch up to wackypie. :P    Also it looks like supercar1 gifted us another position when he had to pit for fuel on the last lap.  So I finished a decent P6.

Despite the first lap spin, this was one of my best races because I had to deal with trying to pressure the guy in front of me while fending off the guy behind me, and we all drove hard but very cleanly.  I'm just happy to finish an open-wheel race at a tough track like Silverstone without losing a wing.

#22 Rudolph523

Rudolph523

Seasoned

• 93 posts
  • LocationMidwoud (The Netherlands)

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:20 PM

happy with p5 in 900-1100 b race. idnt had the pace in hotlap, as my first laps were yesterday while i was trying to place myself. tough bginof the race, and didnt had pace in race as well. i did cause a train behind me, but i just didnt want to give it easily. by fighting till the end i got p5. but from p3 till p6 or p7 were open at the last lap.

#23 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:45 PM

I don't think it should be a problem to pass slower drivers on blue flag.  Usually blue flag comes up if someone who is ahead a lap is BEHIND you.  In your case of being a lap behind, the person in front won't see a blue flag to let you pass.

But you will see a blue flag once you pass him, acting as if you are holding him back, which I doubt, if you passed him easily.

Coss can you giwe some pointers how to cary on when lap behind . Is it aloved to push and owertake to lap back despite blue flag . And if someone is a lap infront of other guy but the guy behind is faster why not let him pass . It does not cost you anything .
Tell me if im wrong .

#24 jmoo1

jmoo1

Seasoned

• 66 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:55 PM

finished 3rd with an undoubtfull under earth pace 😂😂😂 including 2 spins without reason... lost propably about 20 seconds with those spins and alot of extra time with a way to heavy car (25l left)... was fun to battle long distance with a few guys that were on a pit strategy (GCortese etc.).. to bad Launger droped, could have been my only visible enemy on track... amazing pace by Shadow... Congrats.... maybe a battele with Pro could have been possible without my spins... who knows. but this night is special cause GERMANY IS WORLD CHAMPION!!! yeeeeehhhhaaaaaawwwwwww!!!!!!!

#25 Mr_Jolly

Mr_Jolly

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:46 PM

so another 'low sq' guy finally fails to keep his sq low then goes 'straight to the A' of the upper sq group #standard  :rolleyes: 

move along nothing to see here :ph34r:

as of august 1st 2014 i am owed a prize from 7 months 3 weeks ago Sunday, 8th of December, 2013, 11:10AM PST (7:10PM GMT / 20:10 CET)
simraceway=simdontpay

#26 devilbevin

devilbevin

Semi-Pro

• 134 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:21 AM

so another 'low sq' guy finally fails to keep his sq low then goes 'straight to the A' of the upper sq group #standard  :rolleyes:

I guess I would be one of those 'low sq' guys you are talking about. I can tell you I never hid any pace and was pushing my limits all the time.

My opinion on what's going on: I really started from scratch in sim racing with Simraceway so when I did get to the level where I was on the 900 bubble there was a lot of old slow laps weighing the sq down and so when I moved up I was able to compete immediately.

I'm only speaking for myself but while in 500-900 I had some intense battles with ingange so I don't think he was pulling any stunts. If we wanted to steal prizes we would stick with the 500-900.

The system running right now with the current divisions might be badly flawed but I don't think anyone is cheating it.

#27 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:03 AM

Trust me, if I would see major flaws in the current system - I would look for another one immediately. This one has been chosen after plenty of tests done in the second half of last year, in which you guys participated. It's the best one we could have and it's working very well.

I'm monitoring everything very closely and can confirm what you wrote above. That said, a person who will decide to try - will be spotted and ejected. Fair play is what we are after here. I wish you guys that every game you play would be so strict about it, as we are.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#28 ingange

ingange

Crew Chief

• 504 posts
  • LocationMaribor

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:59 AM

so another 'low sq' guy finally fails to keep his sq low then goes 'straight to the A' of the upper sq group #standard :rolleyes:

He was talking about me . It is true , it looks wierd , but if you did read all other posts you would see that my plce in A race was pure luck . If launger did not share some tips with me i probalby would not make it in B race . My times were 1.34.500 . Then all other times were 1.33.800 i did only 1 time 1.33.160 and i could not come close to this time any more . I did qualy in race with time 1.33.950 and that is the time my buddys in 900 sq were doing . Anything else ? And it is prrety the same case like devibevin said , it is my 1st sim and i haw a loot of slow km. behind me .
Racing is what real men do while the boys play football .

http://addictedtospeed.enjin.com/ <--- Home Of Addicted To Speed

#29 Flaren89

Flaren89

Semi-Pro

• 136 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:48 AM

Almost what happened to me... Improved to 1:33.5 in the last session and don't know how did it, even if with old 1:34.2 I was pretty sure to join the B final.

Then in the qualifying session of the race, did a 1:34.1 first, but then from nowhere I did again that 1:33.5 that gave me the first row. In the race, did 1:33.9 as fastest lap with lot of laps done on 1:34.low in the second half of the race.

And I repeat, for all of the week I just railed against the world for how bad was this car and that I couldn't keep it in the track.

Most Played games (actually): - Gran Turismo 6 (PS3); - World of Warcraft (PC); - SimRaceWay (PC); - DotA 2 (Steam PC)

#30 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:37 AM

Bad race for me...

Hotlap was good: 6th place, so I was happy

Qualify in the race was +/-: 7th place, but no worries, I thought I could overtake some guys

Race: I don't remember how but I got to 4th place :) Everything was good, but my brother was playing with a glass cup in the floor and I had to scream his name... that made distract and I think I braked to soon... and hanuman hit me (sorry hanuman :( ) I had some damage because of that, but I could get back the 4th place. Unfortunely hanuman get out of the race :( I thought, everything good again... I was wrong! I was in 11 lap, and as you saw I had low fuel... I put 17 laps of fuel at the start of the race, so that was unexpected. I think the car drunk more fuel because of the damage... so I tried to save some fuel with dimitri making a lot of pressure in me. I had to pit in the last lap, so I went from a good 4th place to a very very very disapointning 11th place :(

And the last stream was even worst that my race, so yeah, horrible day for me :(

Hope next weeks everything goes without problems...

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#31 Mr_Jolly

Mr_Jolly

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:43 PM

I guess I would be one of those 'low sq' guys you are talking about. I can tell you I never hid any pace and was pushing my limits all the time.

My opinion on what's going on: I really started from scratch in sim racing with Simraceway so when I did get to the level where I was on the 900 bubble there was a lot of old slow laps weighing the sq down and so when I moved up I was able to compete immediately.

I'm only speaking for myself but while in 500-900 I had some intense battles with ingange so I don't think he was pulling any stunts. If we wanted to steal prizes we would stick with the 500-900.

The system running right now with the current divisions might be badly flawed but I don't think anyone is cheating it.

ah its a matter of choice when to leave 500-900 i see

bad luck on your rttw/sro55 strategy, guess u thought it was the other prize structure....

but u probs have another one of your amusing stories to explain being noticeably faster on almost every race lap than in rttw :D

as of august 1st 2014 i am owed a prize from 7 months 3 weeks ago Sunday, 8th of December, 2013, 11:10AM PST (7:10PM GMT / 20:10 CET)
simraceway=simdontpay

#32 Lukesky80

Lukesky80

Novice

• 17 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:20 PM

want to say thank you to ingane that he has read me his starting place in a race. I'm really happy with the 7th place, I was not quick with the car on silverstone I'm as safe as possible down and built on the fault of the other.

that is why the race for me in my eyes a real success for me was :)

SQ:  1032

My Cars: 109

Miles Raced:  175,081

#33 devilbevin

devilbevin

Semi-Pro

• 134 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:40 PM

ah its a matter of choice when to leave 500-900 i see

bad luck on your rttw/sro55 strategy, guess u thought it was the other prize structure....

but u probs have another one of your amusing stories to explain being noticeably faster on almost every race lap than in rttw :D

No, not a matter of choice. You're just reading into the wrong things, trying to find stuff to fit your conspiracy.

Yep, I have a story. I did very little for RTTW, just one and a bit sessions because this champ doesn't suit me. I joined up just for fun. You can watch the same pattern for the next three races if you want to continue your investigation. Same reason for the fuel error. Keep packing the punches jolly  :P

#34 Garaith

Garaith

Contributor

• 8 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:21 AM

Protest Request

In Round one of the 500-900 B race, Lap 2, 3:09, at Stowe corner, I was struck by skypilotpismo that I believe was unnecessary and I could not avoid.

I request a penalty to be levied. Thanks

#35 ingange

ingange

Crew Chief

• 504 posts
  • LocationMaribor

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:26 AM

Mr_Jolly all i haw to say to you is : I love your way of thinking , you always make me laugh .

So keep up with a good work and newer change . Without you this forum will not be the same !

Racing is what real men do while the boys play football .

http://addictedtospeed.enjin.com/ <--- Home Of Addicted To Speed

#36 Dude74

Dude74

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBasingstoke, Hampshire

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:51 PM

Hey peeps. Just entered hotlap 2 after doing 1.12.0 in practise and found 1.5 sec within 2 laps. Setup change?

SQ 890 Miles raced: 25k+ Total points: 35k+ Cars:64

#37 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:00 AM

I can't make the race, but if that changes I will let you know coss by Sunday morning.

#38 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:00 AM

Hey peeps. Just entered hotlap 2 after doing 1.12.0 in practise and found 1.5 sec within 2 laps. Setup change?

Nope, default, but there's no tire wear.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#39 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:01 AM

I can't make the race, but if that changes I will let you know coss by Sunday morning.

Thanks, please e-mail me with a short note to cossacco@simraceway.com. I need it around the time that Hot Lap qualifier ends.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#40 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:27 AM

I would like this weekend to win the race, as a tribute to Senna :)

For now, I'm spending a lot of time in hotlap, trying to be first xD

I hope this race goes much better than the previous one...

EDIT: The brakes/ABS (all the braking system) is bad...

Edited by supercar1, 18 July 2014 - 09:29 AM.

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gp, anniversary, championship, silverstone, mclaren mp4-29, mclaren mp4/4, donington park, lotus 88b, brands hatch, lotus 72

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users