14 replies to this topic

#1 SRW_Joseph

SRW_Joseph

CSR

• 26 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, California

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:14 AM

Hello Fanatec Racers, 

The following are settings recommendations for all Fanatec wheels.

Global Fanatec settings: (Thanks to Wooly)
Wheel Angle 900, Dampening 100 

On-Wheel Settings: 
Sen- 250-350 depending on car, adjust when in drivers view. 
FF- 100, this is adjusted with "For" level 
Shock- 50 
Abs- 85 
Lin- Off 
Dea- Off 
Drl- Off 
For- 70, Adjusts the force of the FF 
Sp- Off (critical)
Damp- Off (critical)

In game settings:
(Thanks to SRW_Cossacco, j_smith, SRW_Joseph, and Simraceway)

FFB%2001.jpg

Force Feedback TypeWheel

Force Feedback EffectsCustom (This is a Critical setting for fine detail feedback)

Steering Force50 (blue arrow) will give a medium firm wheel. Lower settings = Firmer and Higher settings = less firm (yes that's kinda backwards, but it is correct   :P )

Keep the Steering Dampers at Zero (green arrows) Again, this is a Critical setting for fine detail feedback.

NOTE: Steering Vibration Magnitude (red arrow) at 10 prevents the straight line wobbles when you let go of the wheel.

FFB%2002.jpg

Running a High Brake Vibration & Brake Vibration Magnitude (red arrows) lets you feel when the brakes are about to lock up.  If you keep the Rumble Strip Pull Factor (green arrow) at Zero, you don't get stuck on the curbs.

Running a Square Rumble Strip Vibe Type (purple arrow) makes the curbs feel like the segmented curbs we have here on most of our tracks.

SENSITIVITY:

Sens.jpg
Keep everything at 50 for a good balance of range/sensitivity.
Note: G25-G27 - the two clutch axis, S0 & S1 (red arrows) should be at Zero. This makes the clutch pedal engage farther up from the floor, and allows you to feather the clutch for better standing starts and less abrupt downshifts and more control when heel & toe downshifting.

DEADZONE:

Deadzone.jpg
As you can see everything is at Zero. 
If you do decide to use a Deadzone on any Axis, keep them very small: 1%-5%

RATES:

Rates.jpg

The SteeringThrottleBrake, and Clutch rate settings will have No Effect on an analog controller like a wheel or even a gamepad, so the first four sliders do not apply to us. 

Speed Sensitivity (red arrow) is primarily for keyboard racers and will interfere with your steering inputs, so this should be set to Zero.   
Look Ahead (green arrow) will turn your point of view (in cockpit & tv cockpit views) as you turn the steering wheel: 0=no turn - 100=max turn.  
Head Movement (blue arrow) controls how much your view "wobbles" in relation to speed, turning, and bumps: 0=no movement - 100=max movement.  
Exaggerate Yaw (yellow arrow) does exactly that, it will increase both the rate and onset of your view skewing to the side when you lose traction and begin to slide: 0= no yaw - 100 max yaw - quickest onset of yaw.

Notes on STEERING LOCK:
In Options > Video > set Driving Wheel Position to ON
If you use TV Cockpit (hood view) or Bumper camera views the driving wheel position indicator is a small white bar at the lower screen with a moving green dot corresponding to your steering inputs.
In the actual race lobby you will see the PIT menu:
Chassis > Steering > Steering Lock.
Set the lock number so that the green dot moving matches your steering inputs, i.e the dot reaches the end of the bar at the exact same time as your wheel reaches lock.  This will give you nearly perfect steering linearity.
Each car will need to be set individually. At this stage there is no save or config so you will have to adjust this steering lock setting before each event.

The above settings should give you good steering response, very good fine detail feedback, and a nice tight feel with a strong caster effect.

Please post your feedback below.

Fast Laps,

Joseph Loewinsohn
Simraceway Support
San Francisco, California

#2 Cote_Dazur

Cote_Dazur

Novice

• 33 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:07 PM

Thank you for this guide, it makes a big difference.

Adjusting the vibration and the steering force, more is less, funny but it works, made a huge difference.

I use to like this SIM, I might be falling for it now. LOL

Just one question still, I drive with a CSR-E, when moving the first cursor in the menu, Force Feedback Strength, it does not seem to do anything, 3 feels exactly like 97, or any other value, Zero feels like nothing, but any other digit feels like 100%.

There is no mention of it in your guide, is it because it does nothing?

#3 Jérôme Mastrovalerio

Jérôme Mastrovalerio

Contributor

• 6 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

Hello

glad to see there's a topic for fanatec wheel setting... i guess this game has been develop with a logitech wheel, but all the other games i have works fine with my fanatec wheel...

I'm just disapointed when i see "SEN 250-350" ... woah! i didn't know we drove Formula 1 ... :) A simulation must be as real as possible, that's why a wheel to play has to be set on 900° if the car is the modern street car (call it as you want, i don't know what's the good expression)

Then i try the setting above, i set 900° and so Dri on 4 to have a light wheel when turning, with ffb on 50 and it was pretty good. The only one issue is the car reaction because of the steering lock angle. In pit, steering lock is, for example the bmw 1m, 13.5°. In really life, it's higher!!! so why default lock is 13.5° ??? That's why we can't drift with cars, because de steering lock is to low. If i increase the steering lock, then i have a bad feeling when drifting, when the car is gripping, it goes quickly to the wrong countersteer direction, without smoothness...

I set sensivity on 75 because on 50, the ratio steering was to high, like old cars...

I made a video compare SRW to Forza 4 (which is the best simulator on xbox360 and have the best feeling for real street cars with my fanatec wheel)

On the video, the feeling on srw seems good, but there's an issue about steering wheels angle, when i slide, the car sometimes never get grip, and when it get grip, it goes to the wrong direction quickly, i can turn the wheel because it's too hard compare to forza where's it's light. And on Forza, like in real life, the BMW can have drift angle, that the specification of bmw, high wheels angle ;) (also i set sensivity on 75!! not on 50... on 100, it's to quick)

another video i made where we see the smoothness of the driving, on time attack, i can drive with little steering angle, gripping, and when i drift when big angle, i must steer more angle ;)

to conclude, srw must have :

- good steering lock for 900° wheel user

- a better ffb feeling, not so strong (useless) with drift management, not to drift but a rwd car slide sometimes when turning fast :)

#4 j_smith

j_smith

Semi-Pro

• 159 posts
  • Facebook:Tsukki.Zakki
  • Twitter:Jezzay86
  • LocationCayman Islands

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:44 PM

Hello

glad to see there's a topic for fanatec wheel setting... i guess this game has been develop with a logitech wheel, but all the other games i have works fine with my fanatec wheel...

I'm just disapointed when i see "SEN 250-350" ... woah! i didn't know we drove Formula 1 ... :) A simulation must be as real as possible, that's why a wheel to play has to be set on 900° if the car is the modern street car (call it as you want, i don't know what's the good expression)

Then i try the setting above, i set 900° and so Dri on 4 to have a light wheel when turning, with ffb on 50 and it was pretty good. The only one issue is the car reaction because of the steering lock angle. In pit, steering lock is, for example the bmw 1m, 13.5°. In really life, it's higher!!! so why default lock is 13.5° ??? That's why we can't drift with cars, because de steering lock is to low. If i increase the steering lock, then i have a bad feeling when drifting, when the car is gripping, it goes quickly to the wrong countersteer direction, without smoothness...

I set sensivity on 75 because on 50, the ratio steering was to high, like old cars...

I made a video compare SRW to Forza 4 (which is the best simulator on xbox360 and have the best feeling for real street cars with my fanatec wheel)

On the video, the feeling on srw seems good, but there's an issue about steering wheels angle, when i slide, the car sometimes never get grip, and when it get grip, it goes to the wrong direction quickly, i can turn the wheel because it's too hard compare to forza where's it's light. And on Forza, like in real life, the BMW can have drift angle, that the specification of bmw, high wheels angle ;) (also i set sensivity on 75!! not on 50... on 100, it's to quick)

another video i made where we see the smoothness of the driving, on time attack, i can drive with little steering angle, gripping, and when i drift when big angle, i must steer more angle ;)

to conclude, srw must have :

- good steering lock for 900° wheel user

- a better ffb feeling, not so strong (useless) with drift management, not to drift but a rwd car slide sometimes when turning fast :)

Currently the steering lock being defaulted is a compromise for trying to accommodate nearly all controllers, ideally for your setup you'll want to change this up and down depending on your degrees of rotation on your wheel, in your case, your wheel @ 900 degrees, you will want to utilize a steering lock higher than 26, usually 32-34 is your sweet spot, this will bring linear steering to your wheel, however, not all cars can support the steering lock settings, so the only way to work around that is to set steering lock to the maximum.

Untill they find a way to automatically save the last used steering lock. You have to re-adjust it manually.

Currently as a G27 user, I always use 720 degrees of steering combined with 26 steering lock.

I've also found that if you raise sensitivity from 50% to 75% you will need to use less steering lock to obtain a linear steering feel.

Please experiment with this and provide your feedback, I have a Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel, however personally I just don't like the way the wheel feels and behaves. I suppose I can dig it out however to try to experiment with it further to bring more information to the table for everyone.

On another note: the force feedback iself is also an issue, I've found that FFB sometimes get's "weaker" with the more degrees of rotation that I use on my G27.. I believe this may be something to do with the way FFB is handled in the game. Personally I do agree this area could use more inprovement, you might be probably feeling the same.

#5 Cote_Dazur

Cote_Dazur

Novice

• 33 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

Jerome, you mention in your post using in game force feedback adjustment, my force feedback adjustment is useless ( Force Feedback Strength), it is either 0 or 100%. Did you do anything special to have that first slider do what it is supposed to?

FFB%2001.jpg

#6 Jérôme Mastrovalerio

Jérôme Mastrovalerio

Contributor

• 6 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

J_Simth : thanks for the advices ;) it's hard for me to know exactly what is the real steering lock for each cars... i hoped srw could know that :s

Cote_dazur : it set ffb on the wheel, to 50, not in the game where i don't understand how it works :s 1 or 100, it's the same

#7 Cote_Dazur

Cote_Dazur

Novice

• 33 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:04 PM

J_Simth : thanks for the advices ;) it's hard for me to know exactly what is the real steering lock for each cars... i hoped srw could know that :s

Cote_dazur : it set ffb on the wheel, to 50, not in the game where i don't understand how it works :s 1 or 100, it's the same

Thank you Jerome, same here, I set 60 in the wheel. SRW is the only SIM I have to do that, all other have an ingame setting that works. I try to keep the setting, in the other SIM, on wheel 100 and in game usually between 40 to 60 %, trying to avoid saturation. NKP as the best indication, as a little diagrams shows FFB saturation. 

I find it strange that there is no official statement in SRW explaining why this Force Feedback Strength cursor is not working.

#8 SRW_Joseph

SRW_Joseph

CSR

• 26 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:56 AM

Hey Guys, 

Yes the FF Strength cursor is not working. So until it is fixed, please do as J-Smith recommends.

We will be going through and fixing the FF strength and a few other sliders with bugs in an upcoming patch or update.

Fast Laps,

Joseph Loewinsohn
Simraceway Support

#9 Jérôme Mastrovalerio

Jérôme Mastrovalerio

Contributor

• 6 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

Ok joseph, but for me, until it works fine, i won't play srw again... :( i prefer

i hope it will coming soon :)

#10 Cote_Dazur

Cote_Dazur

Novice

• 33 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

Ok joseph, but for me, until it works fine, i won't play srw again... :( i prefer

i hope it will coming soon :)

I respect your decision but i am not sure to follow you in your thought process, like you I would prefer it works, but the feeling on the wheel, following Joseph tutorial at the top of this thread, is still very good.

To each his own, I guess, but for me I enjoy SRW as is and all the best if it gets even better.

I found that most cars work well for me at 60 on the wheel, but I was always puzzled by the Evo always pulling while braking, so I tried 50, and it is very controllable now, you can still feel the pull, but it is easy to control it. :)

#11 Jérôme Mastrovalerio

Jérôme Mastrovalerio

Contributor

• 6 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:36 PM

I respect your decision but i am not sure to follow you in your thought process, like you I would prefer it works, but the feeling on the wheel, following Joseph tutorial at the top of this thread, is still very good.

To each his own, I guess, but for me I enjoy SRW as is and all the best if it gets even better.

I found that most cars work well for me at 60 on the wheel, but I was always puzzled by the Evo always pulling while braking, so I tried 50, and it is very controllable now, you can still feel the pull, but it is easy to control it. :)

i can use this setting with : Sen- 250-350 depending on car, adjust when in drivers view. It's not a set for simulation driving :( although the game is

#12 SRW_Joseph

SRW_Joseph

CSR

• 26 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:43 AM

i can use this setting with : Sen- 250-350 depending on car, adjust when in drivers view. It's not a set for simulation driving :( although the game is

Hi Jerome, 

Thank you very much for your honest feedback, I think standing up and saying "hey, this doesn't seem right to me" on a public forum takes a fair amount of courage, and we very much appreciate that.

These settings really should be considered recommendations rather than a hard, fast rule.  Especially when it comes to steering rotation and steering lock settings.

So I expect different users with different models in various wear conditions will have to adjust these settings to their own personal tastes.

This is especially true with the on wheel settings, steering rotation, etc,.. which can be varied quite widely, whereas my ingame recommendations should be adhered to more closely for optimum feedback.

You will have to adjust the steering lock on all cars, and more than likely with a steering rotation of 900 degrees, you will have the most linear steering by adjusting the steering lock in game up to over 25.  Again each car and track and Fanatec wheel will take different slight adjustments, so unfortunately "one size wont fit all" so expect a bit of experimentation to get the best response and feedback.

Please continue to post these discoveries here in this thread so that this can be a "one stop" for all Fanatec wheel users.

Fast Laps,

Joseph Loewinsohn
Simraceway Support

#13 Jérôme Mastrovalerio

Jérôme Mastrovalerio

Contributor

• 6 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:11 AM

ok

I'm glad to see my jugment is not considered as a simple review , just to badmouth the game. It's not the case. As you wait for others opinions, i just bring mine (as i often drove with 900° wheel in video games, i used my car in real life on track many times, and i watch many video inboard to be the more realistic i can in video games)

i guess the default settings are not made for 900° wheel, it may be the issue.

I just try to understand what happen with srw while all over games works fine :) Why don't you just use Rfactor wheel management which is better?

Do you have, in your team, real drivers experience on real cars ?

(if i said i won't play anymore until the solution is found, it's because i can't have pleasure to drive in this condition, it's not a ultimatum lol and i guess you don't need for me to live :) but i'm sure you take care about srw players and i'm sure you do your best to make everybody happy ;) )

#14 Jérôme Mastrovalerio

Jérôme Mastrovalerio

Contributor

• 6 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:51 PM

Hi everybody

today i wonder why i still have Simraceway on my computer... i don't play it...

is there any news about fanatec setting for this game? it's mess :(

#15 LooseWheels

LooseWheels

Novice

• 27 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:56 PM

I thought I might as well ask it here instead of making a new topic for it.

My problem is with the H-shifter, the shifting works but in between shifts it doesn't go into neutral.

I have this set from Fanatec and have installed the latest driver (v177) and firmware (rev. 756).

Maybe it should be mentioned that Fanatec has changed the button numbering of the wheel and shifter in later driver/firmware updates compared to the original driver/firmware.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fanatec, ffb, force feedback, setup, settings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users