Photo

RTTW Points

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you want points in RTTW? (29 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want points in RTTW?

1. Yes, as many as in the race (9 votes [31.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.03%

2. Yes, but less than in the race (7 votes [24.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.14%

3. No, they don't make sense (13 votes [44.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.83%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 pilotapazzo

pilotapazzo

Seasoned

• 52 posts
  • Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/davide.farina.5
  • LocationTrento, Italy

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

Hi guys :)

This has been discussed a lot of times in the chat among many users, and at times with admins too. What do you think about this? Should RTTW points be given during RTTW too?

After thinking about this a lot, I think they shouldn't. It's a qualification, not a race. If you want to give points, then it would be better to give less points than in the race imo (es 20 points for p1 in the race are 10 points for p1 in rttw and so on)

Share your motivations and vote :)

“ If you're not a pro, just pretend you're one...like I do! "

#2 RaZoR

RaZoR

Novice

• 34 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

The name of the race is Sunday Race Off, it should just be about creating races where you have to pass to get the most possible points, atm RTTW gives 33% of the final score and although Coss explained a lot of times why it's being done like this, I just find it nosense because if I don't have time/don't want to show my pace at RTTW I won't have a good result on the Sunday race because even if you win both races, you won't climb significantly.
I would just prefer no points on rttw but I don't think we are going to see a change any time soon.

#3 Matrox

Matrox

Seasoned

• 85 posts
  • LocationCologne, Germany

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:40 PM

nah .. pts for rttw where installed because of lots of sandbagging in it. so its good to have them and well i do like it because it mixes hotlap and race skills. Some may say it should be less points in rttw but then it will start to make them useless which will result in people asking to remove them from rttw. SO far its good as it is but i would prefer having half amount of points for B group to keep the 33%(because B race mostly has only 1 race instead of 2)

#4 RaZoR

RaZoR

Novice

• 34 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

The hotlap involved in the sunday race off should be the qualify to start the race, because the further you start the more points you are likely to get, rttw just means that you have skills, free time and that you drive faster and using more track than the rest because at this point, the top drivers like acer and peppi are usually 0.1 secs away. For me a race is a race, you qualify for the start in 10 minutes, not in 5 days.

#5 aporcalipse

aporcalipse

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 194 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

I also think the pints from quality isn't right, you get nothing from qualify first in real life other then start from first on the grid... The points are always on race day, that's what's matter...

I for example I'm not that fast in hot laps, but during race I always manage to do well, racing is different then hot lap, for example Rttw 22 on hot lap I as almost off from B race, and finished the B race in 5th... Now 5th is a great prize, for me at least, but considering I'm not that good in hot lap I will be down in the final grid...

About the sandbagging I don't see the point in that... What is the point of a A racer miss it and race on B? On A you race more, better racers and even if you finish last is the same prize then finishing 1 in B...

#6 Mr_Jolly

Mr_Jolly

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

yes i said in some past rttw thread i think

points when u near bottom means u have small chances to improve reducing hope !

i know coss wants rttw to matter.. but as i said b4 making rttw the grid for race seems a good compromise

also it does make knowing whats happening in the race possible ;) or at least less complicated ;)

also would make the evening a bit shorter, could even have an extra race ;)

does anyone think the qualifying stream is that exciting ?

i dont really think so

as of august 1st 2014 i am owed a prize from 7 months 3 weeks ago Sunday, 8th of December, 2013, 11:10AM PST (7:10PM GMT / 20:10 CET)
simraceway=simdontpay

#7 j_smith

j_smith

Semi-Pro

• 159 posts
  • Facebook:Tsukki.Zakki
  • Twitter:Jezzay86
  • LocationCayman Islands

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

I think points could be make RTTW and the SRO even more interesting if it had a Season format, where after x amount of SRO Sessions you've completed, you would then have the overall winner based on total points through out the Season...

After that a fresh series or season starts, as an example Quarterly Seasons, Season 1, Jan to Mar, Season 2, April to June, Season 3, July to Sep and finally Season 4 (finale) Oct to Dec. with the overall Winners Crowned at the end of each season.

As a bonus with the four Season winners based on points (Season 1 through 4) to go through a Race of Champions Styled event which happens once a year. more players get added to the Race of Champions as more Season winners are accumilated. this can decide the champion of champions for the year.

Just putting in my idea :) as right now i'm really undecided yet with the current points format.

#8 NoFearc

NoFearc

Novice

• 31 posts
  • Facebook:NoFearc
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:33 PM

Points should be awarded only on the qualifying of the SRO, not on the RTTW

#9 michael85

michael85

Novice

• 10 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

The truth is that during Sunday race, an accident caused by a slower driver may ruin the race of a faster driver (diminishing his scoring points). This is why the SRW staff made the decision to give points for the RTTW event, too.

I think it would be wiser to award additional points for the Sunday qualifying, instead of the RTTW event.

It doesn't really make any sense to be given points for a fast lap time which was achieved in the gaming period of 3 days. The reward for this lap time is already huge: the participation in the Sunday SRWRTTW (A or B ).

#10 aporcalipse

aporcalipse

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 194 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:44 AM

as i see it, point in RTTW or even Qualy doesn't make any sense , but if so give them at qualy, as michael85 pointed a slow driver can ruin a race for a faster driver, but also that can append in real life, and SRW can always penalize the bad driver, by not allowing him to race any more, or miss the next race...

tbh o think even in real life the pole sitter should get at least 1 point, as he showed hes the faster in a single lap

i have to agree, being able to race on SRO is a good enough prize for RTTW event, as it already guarantees  cash, if you show up ofc... 

#11 Crazy Buzzy

Crazy Buzzy

Semi-Pro

• 120 posts
  • LocationPula,Croatia

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:01 AM

For me the only time they need to give us points is for a race,not for qualy   :angry:

And when I say race ,I mean only when we have 2 or more races in one day  :rolleyes:

Ahaaa,one more,I will be ok with the qualy points only if the RttW is the qualy for the actually race,and not that we have to do an extra qualy 10 min before the race  :blink:

#12 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

The main purpose of adding points to SRW Race to the Weekend was to make it an integral part of the SRW Sunday Race-Off. Positive side effect of that is that we don't have any sandbagging in the SRW Race to the Weekend anymore and everyone knows exactly where is everyone else. Having that information, you can prepare yourself much better for the SRW Sunday Race-Off.

I see the votes/opinions are divided, so I'll start another poll with 3 proposals, based on the current poll results and feedback above.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#13 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:55 PM

Ok, go ahead: http://community.sim...to-the-weekend/

:)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users