Photo

Designed for Speed Championship

pagani huayra silverstone toyota ts020 brno nissan gt-r gt3 zandvoort mclaren mp4-28 donington

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#21 Ecnelis

Ecnelis

Semi-Pro

• 109 posts
  • LocationPrehoryłe

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:57 PM

I've got some fun time in Hot Lap event, managed to put 13th time for a spot in Race A SQ 500-900. The race itself was bad, very bad. I cannot find pace or rhythm or focus enough or anything... Last place on the start grid and last place on the finish line (or second to last, there was some penalty on the last lap for car in front of me). My best lap in race was ~2 seconds off my PB. Shame.

#22 Lukesky80

Lukesky80

Novice

• 17 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:19 PM

Bad race for me... Did many mistakes, spun 2 times and was never focus on the race for whole time... 7th just because of other ppl DNF...
I received a hit in one of the first laps, in T3 right after my first big mistakes... Will check the replay to see the dynamic and who was the other guy... Want to be sure it's not my fault, in case It's my fault and the other guy want ask to punish me, I'll accept to get the penalty... Got yellow part after the hit, so maybe it slowed me a bit...
Bad one as I did almost my hotlap time in one lap, so I could go muuuuch faster, but as I said before, did too much stupid mistakes...

the other guy was i and i have check the replay and bind the opinion that it was your fault. took me 2 places, but no matter ne penalty makes it for me no better. may also be that I am wrong who had to blame but do not think so.

SQ:  1032

My Cars: 109

Miles Raced:  175,081

#23 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:41 AM

Thanks to every driver who participated in the races today! We had a small number of incidents and a lot of great action, despite the fact that Huayra is a very fast and fairly handful car to drive. Also thanks to those who missed the races due to changes in the timeline and still showed some understanding.

Our goal for this Sunday was to give everyone the ability to watch the Canadian Formula 1 GP, but at the same time host all these races without radical changes to the timeline. Lack of secondary championship, a 1 hour earlier start and slightly shorter durations have made it all possible and we ended last race of the day few minutes prior to green flag at Montreal. 

Unless a major, real racing event gets into a conflict with our usual timeline, there will be no changes to it in the future.

Please have a look at the initial post: Designed for Speed Championship: Round 1 for provisional results of Round 1. They will remain in this state for the next 24 hours. This is the time when you can send me a protest, if you feel like it. Please direct it to cossacco@simraceway.com

:)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#24 Flaren89

Flaren89

Semi-Pro

• 136 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:51 AM

the other guy was i and i have check the replay and bind the opinion that it was your fault. took me 2 places, but no matter ne penalty makes it for me no better. may also be that I am wrong who had to blame but do not think so.

Well, I finished the race behind you right because of all those mistakes, so for you doesn't change anything...

For the collision I think it's a 50-50 fault because:

- My 50% because I was trying to get a bit wider line and that caused the collision;

- But you were not in the right line for the next turn.

I mean, this is the istant of the collision: http://s25.postimg.o...27/GRAB_001.jpg and as you can see we were really tight on the inside line to the left-U turn, the ipotetical best line it's much wider, almost on where are black signs on the track 10 meters in front of us. My part of collision is cause by 2 reasons: first I use cockpit view, so unless I use arrows on the wheel to check "look right" and "look left", the sides of the car are blind spots for me; second I was thinking that also you were about to go wider to fit the best driving line.

So again, I think it's a 50-50, my fault for the collision but your fault to not follow the usual driving line and not let me take my own (I was going to leave you lot of space and by me hope that the internal line wasn't so bad, but you didn't move from there, as you can see from the image, you were going almost straight)...

Better luck in next race...

Most Played games (actually): - Gran Turismo 6 (PS3); - World of Warcraft (PC); - SimRaceWay (PC); - DotA 2 (Steam PC)

#25 Lukesky80

Lukesky80

Novice

• 17 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:37 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=jahRi6BrRdE

ok 80% you and i 20%, you drive in me sure you did not see me but you can not go back as dan like when you're driving a hotlape. because if I'm not behind you I can only be in the dead angle. properly objectively should better evaluate the other.

#26 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:49 AM

Perez-Massa deal :lol:

#27 Flaren89

Flaren89

Semi-Pro

• 136 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:11 PM

In fact I was evaluating you... Taking a wider line, the correct one... And look well that you steer (or countersteer, dunno) to the left right before the impact, if you didn't do that, we wouldn't collide...

I was about to steer to the left to prepare for the corner and leave you almost half of the track (HALF and the right side), so in some meters I would go straight according to the track limits, didn't know that you were already in a straight line (uncorrect for me, it's not a hotlap ok, but you have to admit that your line was quite bad also)...

dimagico, I think that here the situation it's a bit different... In this case the one that steer (me) was in the inside line and that move started for a thinking about he was going to take the right line to make the U-turn more round, meanwhile Perez was in the external one and just, don't know, like he tried to defend at the last moment or so...

Most Played games (actually): - Gran Turismo 6 (PS3); - World of Warcraft (PC); - SimRaceWay (PC); - DotA 2 (Steam PC)

#28 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:17 PM

was just kiddin´! don´t wanna be judge here, but... it´s pretty much racing incident, nothing more ;)

#29 macshome

macshome

Semi-Pro

• 125 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:21 PM

I'm confused on the pricing for the next round's car. Is $5 the TDT price? Why is TDT starting on Monday? Wouldn't 50% off be $2.50?

#30 Flaren89

Flaren89

Semi-Pro

• 136 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:48 PM

was just kiddin´! don´t wanna be judge here, but... it´s pretty much racing incident, nothing more ;)

In fact, just was I said in other words...

I'm confused on the pricing for the next round's car. Is $5 the TDT price? Why is TDT starting on Monday? Wouldn't 50% off be $2.50?

I see it correctly 2.50$ (5$ full price)...

#31 Mr_Jolly

Mr_Jolly

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:50 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=jahRi6BrRdE

ok 80% you and i 20%, you drive in me sure you did not see me but you can not go back as dan like when you're driving a hotlape. because if I'm not behind you I can only be in the dead angle. properly objectively should better evaluate the other.

luke u are wrong

it is 100% flaren fault, 0% luke fault :D

u seemed to drive that completely correctly and flaren didnt care if u were there or not he says he doesnt know if a car is there but moves across anyway...

bad luck nemesis :P

but now u know what its like on the other side :D

--

i found out race wasnt on during the f1 just as i was going to bed... so 38% asleep i did rttw ;)

then a happy start from a crazy 3rd on grid and no maniacs got me so i had an easy time of it really until shaun got warmed up and hunted me down then i nearly was making mistakes so thankfully he went by and i could drive properly again ;)

as of august 1st 2014 i am owed a prize from 7 months 3 weeks ago Sunday, 8th of December, 2013, 11:10AM PST (7:10PM GMT / 20:10 CET)
simraceway=simdontpay

#32 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:59 AM

In fact I was evaluating you... Taking a wider line, the correct one... And look well that you steer (or countersteer, dunno) to the left right before the impact, if you didn't do that, we wouldn't collide...

Lol evaluating what, you made a mistake, went wide and then 100% turned in on him. He could have been full lock to the right as he saw you and you would have still punted him out. If you had gone straight to the apex, there would have been no contact and you would have stayed ahead but you went back to the racing line as if lukesky was not there.

- Launger

#33 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:28 PM

THIS IS THE REASON WHY WE NEED VIRTUAL MIRRORS FOR COCKPIT VIEW.

RF1 AND RF2 have IT.

Why SRW, based on RF1 engine, eliminated it?

#34 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:22 PM

THIS IS THE REASON WHY WE NEED VIRTUAL MIRRORS FOR COCKPIT VIEW.

RF1 AND RF2 have IT.

Why SRW, based on RF1 engine, eliminated it?

We will get them back, it's being scheduled right now.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#35 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:41 PM

Regarding the incident between Flaren89 and Lukesky80. It wasn't a good race for Lukesky80 overall, as he made a bit too much of contact and received a warning for it. Regardless of that, in this case most of the fault is on Flaren89's side, as he didn't leave any space on his right side and just went straight back into the regular racing line. Lukesky80's counter steer to the left didn't help the situation and both elements together resulted in this incident. Therefore, it's a racing incident.

Flaren89, I understand that you might not fully agree with this judgment, so I'll try to give you an extra reasoning. Lukesky80 was fairly close behind you, definitely visible in your rear view mirror. You made a pretty large mistake and understeered way out of the corner. That should get you to think that Lukesky80 will most likely close the distance and potentially overtake you. Once you managed to turn the car around and you haven't seen him in front of you, that should get you to think that he's potentially on your right side. If you haven't seen him, you definitely heard him. That automatically means that you cannot try and take the regular racing line and need to leave a margin of space on the side. Still, if you would play it well, you would manage to block him well and keep the position. Then if you wouldn't, all you have to do is stay close behind there and draft on the straight after, overtake there.

Results posted earlier will become final now, so Round 1 is officially in the books!

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#36 Flaren89

Flaren89

Semi-Pro

• 136 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:43 AM

Yes, my mistake there was evaluating him in the correct line, but as he had to countersteer he wasn't in the right place...

#37 Lukesky80

Lukesky80

Novice

• 17 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:59 PM

Flaren89 it just comes to the admitting his error to run it for more to learn. with other cars such as formula 1 or IndyCars would it safe for both of us was the end!

#38 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:02 PM

Yes, but let's not exaggerate this too much. Flaren has a very solid reputation and I'm sure it was a one off situation. The reason why I expanded on this topic is to give others an idea of awareness required in such situations. This is something you can have even without extra mirrors. In fact, as you all know - in real life the visibility is really limited and you have to sense much more.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#39 Flaren89

Flaren89

Semi-Pro

• 136 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:13 PM

The fact about real life it's that I could look on my right without press any button.. It's quite hard to press the button I've put for "look right" in these situations... And the "Look right" turns the visual by 90° meanwhile in a real life situation I would rotate my head by just 15° and at that point turn a bit also the eyes just to check the mirror on the right side of the car... In a triple screen monitor, you can do it, in a single one not...

I'm sorry for the collision (if you didn't understand), I asked here to know the amount of my fault vs his fault... Well, this discussion will be worth if they get back additional mirrors for cockpit view... For my idea, it just need a digital mirror on the right side of the monitor, right where the monitor ends... Draggable would be fantastic, so we can adjust its position...

#40 macshome

macshome

Semi-Pro

• 125 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:29 PM

In other news I bought the Toyota and ran a session around Brno last night. Fast and fun with some tricky entrance oversteer. Hopefully I'll do alright, but I've never fully been able to get the middle sector here figured out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pagani huayra, silverstone, toyota ts020, brno, nissan gt-r gt3, zandvoort, mclaren mp4-28, donington

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users