Photo

IndyCar DW12 Championship

IndyCar DW12 Edmonton Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course Indianapolis Speedway Sonoma Raceway

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#141 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:19 AM

Yes, the number of races that each of the drivers participated is the first key factor, even if 3 x 4, and this rule has been used by Cossacco here: http://community.sim...e-14#entry12595 (full standings: http://www.simracer.tk/pdc/standings/)

The total number of points as the second tiebreaker (only for 4 x 4 races) rule is something suggested by me, but Cossacco considers Head to Head as a factor is some cases (and me too for 3 x 3 or lower), but only after the first rule. But in both cases Litos76 would win the championship, only Mr_Jolly  x Germany which may have some change (remember that we are not considering any penalties).

Interesting.  OK that makes it clear what the tie-breaker is, but I don't agree with it.  With Launger vs Norbi211 (sounds like a court case), I think Norbi211 should be ahead—he won a race!  And head-to-head, he beat Launger 2-1.

The results of the SQ 500-900 Indy Championship illustrates my point even better.  If you are considering the three races that count, how can LionHeart88 be denied the championship with two wins?!  Head-to-head, he is 2-1 vs both Litos76 and robnitro.  It never occurred to me that participation in the fourth race would take precedence over on-track performance.  Likewise, with me and Garaith, I have a higher best finish, and head-to-head, I was 3-0 vs Garaith.  So I feel like I beat him.

BTW, the chance of ties at the top of the standings can be reduced by increasing the value of podium finishes and especially wins.  For example, make a 5-point gap from P3 to P4 and from P2 to P3, and a win should have a larger 7-point gap to P2.

P1 - 75 pts  (7 pts over P2)
P2 - 68 pts  (5 pts over P3)
P3 - 63 pts  (5 pts over P4)
P4 - 58 pts  (4 pts over P5)
P5 - 54 pts  (4 pts over P6)
etc.

#142 Bolinhas

Bolinhas

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 146 posts
  • LocationVila Nova de Gaia, Porto, Portugal, Europe :)

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:35 AM

Nice work Ribeiro :)

But you, and Coss, are so done ... My points are split around under and upper 900 :D.

The question is where to put me? I should had finished the championship on the under 900 so to not mess up the leader board.

I think if one starts one champ on one SQ level it should finish on that SQ level. Not that I regret the transition, just don't think it is fair for the player.

But rules are rules and we have Coss to solve those type of things ;) .

#143 Ribeiro

Ribeiro

Novice

• 35 posts
  • LocationSao Paulo, Brazil

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:16 AM

I had the same question x) I preferred not to do nothing about this, better to hear a complaint that dozens :) (and this is a system problem).

Well guys, on the question of a tiebreaker, I made a table that helps illustrate what a rule might change, so it would be interesting to draw up a thread of rules, for all those who come into a championship, be aware of how it works.

tie.jpg

#144 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:10 AM

Well guys, on the question of a tiebreaker, I made a table that helps illustrate what a rule might change, so it would be interesting to draw up a thread of rules, for all those who come into a championship, be aware of how it works.

Ribeiro's example shows why we need a revamped point structure for P1 to P3 like my suggestion above. By having P1 get 75 points, it's unlikely for someone to tie that score with multiple lower results.

So for Ribeiro's example, my order would be this:
Player 2
Player 1
Player 4
Player 3

I agree that participation matters, but since the rule is to count the best 3 results, then the 3 results should be compared first, and participation in a 4th round should be a secondary consideration. The F1 tiebreaker (and probably other series) is number of wins, then number of P2, then number of P3, etc. Player 2 has the higher finish so he wins the tiebreaker with Player 1. If they had the same results, only then would the 4th race come into consideration.

Players 3 and 4 entered fewer than 3 races so they automatically are below Players 1 and 2. But I don't think entering 2 races is significantly better than entering 1 race. Player 4 beats Player 3 because of the higher best finish.

In other words, participation should be the primary tiebreaker only when one driver has entered 3 or more races, and the other driver has entered fewer than 3 races. Otherwise it's secondary to the traditional tiebreaker of best results. That's my suggestion.  :)

#145 Germany20007

Germany20007

Contributor

• 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:46 PM

I am not really happy with the 5th place in 900-1100 because my best position in a race was a 3rd place and Mr_Jolly had a 4th place as his best race result. Becaus of this I should be 4th in the championship, Mr_Jolly 5th and Saverio stays at 6th because of his 6th place he did twice in the races.

#146 Ribeiro

Ribeiro

Novice

• 35 posts
  • LocationSao Paulo, Brazil

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:15 PM

I am not really happy with the 5th place in 900-1100 because my best position in a race was a 3rd place and Mr_Jolly had a 4th place as his best race result. Becaus of this I should be 4th in the championship, Mr_Jolly 5th and Saverio stays at 6th because of his 6th place he did twice in the races.

This case has become simpler, since both agree on this, so don't worry, be happy :) (I've changed, remembering that it is unofficial) but have had some cases where the comparison was made for the overall performance: http://community.sim...age-8#entry9854

My 2 example (in the image above) follows the FIA regulations closer to our reality (remember that there is no rule for dropped points in F1), the World Rally Championship regulations: http://www.fia.com/s...ll_14042014.pdf

8.3.3 - The WRC 3 Champion titles for Teams, Drivers and Co-Drivers will be awarded to the team, driver and co-driver who
have scored the highest number of points from the 5 of the first 6 rallies which they have entered to score points. On the remaining rallies they may neither score nor detract points from other registered drivers.

For drawing up the final classification of a Championship, the rule for deciding between drivers and
co-drivers who have scored exactly the same points total shall be:

10.1.1 - According to the greater number of first places, then second places, then third places, etc., achieved in the
final classifications on their respective Championship, counting only those rallies which have served to make up their points total;
10.1.2 - According to the greater number of highest places achieved in the final classifications on their respective Championship, counting only those rallies in which each of the drivers and co-drivers concerned have taken part, one 11th place being worth more than any number of 12th places, one 12th place being worth more than any number of 13 rd places, and so on.

Perhaps a middle way can be the solution, as has been suggested. However, is a good reference point.

#147 shaun24

shaun24

Seasoned

• 67 posts
  • Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/jakub.kucharik.3?ref=tn_tnmn
  • LocationPrague, CZE

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:11 PM

ROFL, I finished 3rd in final order while I participated only in 3 of 4 races and lost connection in one of them :P

I look forward to the next championship, hopefully we will drive some different kind of car...Huyara mabye? :D

#148 Ecnelis

Ecnelis

Semi-Pro

• 109 posts
  • LocationPrehoryłe

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:11 PM

Huyara mabye?  :D

http://blog.simracew...-pagani-huayra/ :)

the Huayra will also feature in the first round of June’s signature Championship later this week

#149 Mr_Jolly

Mr_Jolly

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:29 PM

it would be nice to know the other cars too

as of august 1st 2014 i am owed a prize from 7 months 3 weeks ago Sunday, 8th of December, 2013, 11:10AM PST (7:10PM GMT / 20:10 CET)
simraceway=simdontpay

#150 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:07 PM

Yes, Huayra at Silverstone GP will be the opening round of our next Designed For Speed Championship, so make sure to grab it while it's under a 50% discount, if you plan to participate  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#151 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:05 PM

Yes, Huayra at Silverstone GP will be the opening round of our next Designed For Speed Championship, so make sure to grab it while it's under a 50% discount, if you plan to participate  :)

wanna know other combo´s too :rolleyes:

#152 Mr_Jolly

Mr_Jolly

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:31 PM

cars for champ?

and answer there was none.....

so i will ask a much more trolly question.... are races at normal times ? like during the canadian f1 race.... look for thread on sunday to find out :P

as of august 1st 2014 i am owed a prize from 7 months 3 weeks ago Sunday, 8th of December, 2013, 11:10AM PST (7:10PM GMT / 20:10 CET)
simraceway=simdontpay

#153 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:32 PM

Im sure you all have been around for long enough that you know that all info will be posted in saturday evening or something. And then SRW wonders why they have empty B finals......... 90% drivers organize their time in their life so would be nice to know events and times ahead.... especially if the racetimes will be different thanks to F1 race at the same time. This makes me think that coss does not know what combos are going to come and is still testing and thinking as we speak. If he would know the combos he would have posted.... not good at all how this is left for last seconds. Just like payouts are done in last second when people are already whining about it in the forums in masses................ (i cant add enough dots to stress  how stupid this situation is)

- Launger

#154 Mr_Jolly

Mr_Jolly

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:57 PM

This month's lead in game Championship is the Designed For Speed Champs. Street, Endurance, GT, F1 included.

^4th june on facepluke

i think u are believing the sob stories if u think they dont know the cars :)

that they know... sales strategy ;)

but maybe not the number of laps for fuel trolling so they delay whole thread instead of making a post and updating it as info becomes available with guiding comments like.. we will avoid the f1 or we wont... exact times to follow etc

really useful to know the cars to see what u have and if u can afford others etc

well i just left to assume its during f1 so prob skip car/round

street is huayra, endurance could be the  bentley speed8?

gt = nissan gt3?

f1 is the craptacular mp4/29 ?

they got some tease in the news in game... who know... that is a guess there

simraceway=simdontpay

#155 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:10 PM

f1 is the craptacular mp4/29 ?

I personally think turbo F1 would be great to drive, if they get the handling right. With 8 gears and all :P

- Launger

#156 Garaith

Garaith

Contributor

• 8 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:52 AM

OK, for the SQ 500-900 group only, I put together the final Indycar championship standings.  This is completely unofficial—the official results may be different.  Aside from any mistakes I may have made, there are several tie scores, and how I broke the ties may be different from how Coss sets the final order.

So according to my calculations, we have a 3-way tie for first place!  LionHeart88, Litos76, and robnitro all scored 186 points.  I placed LionHeart88 in P1 on the strength of two race wins.  I placed Litos76 in P2 on the strength of one race win, plus his score that was thrown out is higher than robnitro's discarded score.

The only other tie in the top 10 is me and Garaith tied for P6 with 150 points.  I placed myself P6 for two reasons.  I have a higher best result (P4 vs P5), plus in the three events in which we both competed, I finished higher than him in each event.

Again, Coss may break these ties in different ways, so the official results may be quite different.

Let me know if you see any errors.

SRW_Cossacco, please give the place to Kobayashi10, with me right behind. I was a total rookie in a race series but I had so much fun that I will play in more series in the future.

#157 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 07 June 2014 - 06:43 AM

SRW_Cossacco, please give the place to Kobayashi10, with me right behind. I was a total rookie in a race series but I had so much fun that I will play in more series in the future.

No, no, whatever rules he had in place should stand.  ;) I understand the participation tiebreaker, but I suggested a compromise that I think will work better going forward; I hope he agrees.  This was my first SRW championship series too.  It was a little nerve-wracking but I had blast.  We had a couple of good battles and we both benefited from driving cleanly and staying (mostly) out of trouble. cheers.jpg  And we both have good taste in Indycar liveries. See you at Silverstone.  :)

#158 Mr_Jolly

Mr_Jolly

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:04 PM

I personally think turbo F1 would be great to drive, if they get the handling right. With 8 gears and all :P

my thinking on the mp4 29 is that it + the 28 are about the worst cars in f1 for budget/performance ;)

of course it has the best engine which is even funnier ;)

srw will like this car tho since it hides (a bit) the failure to give us kers button

still no drs i guess...

but kers is still there but in srw it wont be

for that car 95% will use tc anyway :P

simraceway=simdontpay

#159 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:30 AM

Ribeiro and Kobayashi,

Current points system has it's base in one used by a famous racing series. I've expanded it using the original logic to cover up to 28 places for our needs. Picked this one on purpose, exactly because of these small points differences and relatively smooth curve, comparing to any other points system. It allows us to keep a high level of competitiveness across the whole field of participants and duration of a championship.

Take the above, add a fact that our championships are fairly short, with just 4 rounds and 3 counted towards final results and you get ties. I've expected them to happen and consider them as a positive sign overall.

As you can see, all that is shaped for the good of participants, even though it does make things more complicated for me when finalizing the results.

You guys and your fun is the most important to me!

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#160 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:46 AM

Since there is no thread on the new designed for speed series,

When are the individual class races supposed to be on Sunday???

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IndyCar, DW12, Edmonton, Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, Indianapolis Speedway, Sonoma Raceway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users