Photo

IndyCar DW12 Championship

IndyCar DW12 Edmonton Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course Indianapolis Speedway Sonoma Raceway

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#41 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:57 AM

My only positive was my best qualifying of second place, was doing ok in the race just passed supercar for third place and was about set off after first two when was hit from behind suffered damage and pitted for new front wing not saying hit from behind was deliberate just a mistake but ruined my race for the second race running so pretty pissed off was looking for good points as cannot make last round.

Never mind that's racing and congrats to first three,

Pedro I know you did not mean to take me out and good job with the streaming.

My race was terrible.

First time: I use Launch Control, but then the internet lags and because of that I cause a crash. And because of that we all had to do a restart :( Then I ended the stream

Second time: I use Launch Control, and everything went fine and on first turn i'm on 3rd place. I was shaking and sweating. I don't remember if I did 1 or 2 laps, but andybob was going to overtake me, so I went wide to help. He overtaked and I was behind him, but few meters after, in a turn, I hit him behind (not on purpose). Then I thought fast and I made a decision: wait for him. I thought it was the best, I mean I destroyed his race. Did more laps and then I thought: wait... I can go to pits to put a new wing! So I did it. But I lost more times the wing, so I went for the pits about 3 or 4 times during the race, and when some people ended the race, I was about 3 laps behind...

I'm very sorry andybob, I didn't do that on purpose, but when you lose a race a sorry isn't very good. If you want to call me names, do it. If you want to penalize me, I understand :) Afterall, I destroyed your race :( (and mine too).

And after spending so much time and effort in hotlaps to achieve 1:04:260 (and passing people like Litos76), all that effort went gone because of this sh**y race. :( And the fault is mine.

About the livestreams, it seems like you guys liked :D And i'm proud of it :) I tried to do less crazy cameras hehe. It was very nice to see the fights and having Liam commentating it :)

EDIT: you guys know that it's best to make teams for next race right?... ;)

Edited by supercar1, 19 May 2014 - 08:58 AM.

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#42 jmoo1

jmoo1

Seasoned

• 66 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:12 AM

btw Launger: see, i told you i was gonna pass... 😂😂😂 but less to my own ability yesterday and more to unexpected fortune!! in many ways. 😱

#43 GCortese

GCortese

Novice

• 32 posts
  • LocationBarcelona, Spain

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:45 AM

Well my first time I'm gonna do post-race :) I don't think many people will read my post but it doesn't matter.

Qualifying: Before the quali had a problems of ffb and was a bit worried to participate the race, but I reset the game and then works everything right. did it the max of the quali and made a "perfect lap" of my possibilities, 02.627, max position I could do because shadow, as always, unstoppable. Seeing the quali.. my target was to be in front of Launger and the other drivers, jmoo, shaun, ag06... because were ahead of champ after my unfair dq at edmonton.

Race: Shame that I did it a perfect start going 1st in 1st corner but the race had to be reset... Then 2nd start, terrible.. like Webber.. skidding so much at the rear and lost position with launger almost with n1no, then I attacked launger many times but the man is so solid defending and I don't take any danger risks and more at the beginning of the race. Then at lap 4-5 I was too wide at the 2nd turn (hairpin) and n1no passes me. few laps later n1no goes little wide at the corner before the main straight and I overtaked him, little risk I took but I did it perfectly. Just seeing the gap some many times with launger to try to reduce the gap as much as possible, when he stopped, very surprised with his stop, 2 laps before than me, so I pushed the 2 next laps the max I can.. "2 quali laps" and then I stopped, the mechanics absolutely did it a great job lol and when I left the pitlane, another surprise, in front of launger, but cold tyres and in "DRS zone" (backstraight) he did it a brilliant pass, then my target was to be in 1 sec behind of him to maintain the draft of his car, and occasionally see the weakness at the corners of him, trying to pressure at the straights but still impossible to overtake him and more with this draft.. easy to lose 1 sec specially 2nd sector, more corners etc.. then 3-4 laps to go launger did it a mistake, same as I did it at beginning the race (too wide 2nd corner) and I overtaked him, but then launger still very close to him at "DRS zone" but I defending so good and maintained the 2nd position, then pushed hard to distance launger and finally did it 2nd position, the max I can did it..

So in general very satisfied and happy with this incredible result, fighting every lap, every corner and getting the target I wanted, With a very nice fight with risto.. bit worried for the gap with shadow.. 40 secs behind.. srw please.. take some actions with him, he drives a mercedes.. damn :P

See you at the next 2 races! :)

Gio Cortese

#44 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:31 AM

I read it GC :)

BTW I don't know if you guys saw, but I race with this pedals...

LoZCwSMl.jpg

Pretty f****d hm? It isn't easy... :(

Portugal

#45 andybob

andybob

Novice

• 35 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:37 PM

Pedro you have apologised and that is enough for me, i knew that it was not on purpose and  I don't want further penalties for you.

Keep up the good work with the streaming and keep racing you will improve.

#46 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:06 PM

Pedro you have apologised and that is enough for me, i knew that it was not on purpose and  I don't want further penalties for you.

Keep up the good work with the streaming and keep racing you will improve.

Thanks andybob :)

Maybe I will improve more in the summer... let's see...

Portugal

#47 macshome

macshome

Semi-Pro

• 125 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:44 PM

So as we head back to IMS I figured I would bring up the two questions that always come up there.

1. Are we allowing drafting in qualifying or is it single car times like the real thing?

2. Where are we doing pit-in and pit-out?

Just thought I would get it out there before we get started!

#48 macshome

macshome

Semi-Pro

• 125 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:51 PM

Mid-Ohio was a bit of a disaster for me. I qualified better than my hot lap position for a promising start and made it through both our start attempts without any incidents. After a few laps I was in the top 5 or so and having a lot of fun. That was the end of the good though.

I settled into a nice battle in the mid pack and was working on closing the gap to the car ahead when I made an unforced error and slid wide onto the grass before the last turn. I had to wait for a few cars to rejoin safely and set off again in hot pursuit of the cars ahead. I made up some time but then made the SAME UNFORCED ERROR AGAIN two laps later.  :angry:

Again, I had to wait rejoin and at this point was last. Now my goals changed from "top 5 finish" to "pass someone and don't get lapped". I was at least able to get those goals done and didn't get lapped and caught a few people.

I suppose 9th wasn't too terrible given the two offs, but there was a lot of potential in the day that I threw away all on my own.

On to next week!

#49 freggel

freggel

Seasoned

• 93 posts
  • LocationKatwijk, The Netherlands

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:02 PM

So as we head back to IMS I figured I would bring up the two questions that always come up there.

1. Are we allowing drafting in qualifying or is it single car times like the real thing?

2. Where are we doing pit-in and pit-out?

Just thought I would get it out there before we get started!

I hope it will be like this:

1. Do private hotlaps, like we did in the past. So everybody is equal, even the guys who don't team up with someone.

2. Using the whole pit-in and pit-out lanes would be the safest

Now about the race last sunday.

What a terrible race it was for me. Even when I think about it now I get a weird feeling in my stomach. I looked like a damn rookie noob...

I had a great time (at least for me) in the hotlap event which brought me up to 6th position. So I had really high hopes for the race, perhaps being able to fight for a top 5 finish.

Qualification was a bit average, but still gave me 6th (or 7th??) starting position. At the restart I lost 1 or 2 positions at T1 but I got 1 or 2 back in the corners after that. I was driving around at I believe it was 6th position and I was gaining fast on the cars in front of me. Then it all went wrong.

I made a mistake at lap 6 at the end of the 2nd sector and hit the wall which caused a bit damage and a lost front wing. I reacted quickly by requesting a pitstop and went directly in the pit. When the car went up I realized I forgot to select to repair the damage..... DAMN! I had to do a whole lap without a front wing and do the stop again! Shadowbounty already lapped me once at that point.

After the repairs there was a major gap to the car in front of me, which was MrJolly. I pushed really hard and got within approximately 10 seconds but at lap 26 I made a big mistake, again.... Another front wing lost.... So another pitstop, got front wing repaired and fuel added and I was looking at a 3 lap gap to Shadowbounty....

All I could do is try to prove I can drive fast and put in some qualy laps for the rest of the race. There weren't any positions to gain anymore. Fastest time was 1:03.554. So if I could have been a bit more cautious and consistent I could have fought for places 3-6.

All in all a race to forget real quick. :unsure:

#50 Litos76

Litos76

Novice

• 38 posts
  • LocationPorto, Portugal

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:07 AM

When do we know the details for this weekend races?

#51 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:06 PM

not so sure, am i the only one, but i have massive lagg in all corners. I think it will be undriveable with cars arround, which means...i will stay out probably this weekend. We drove Indy before and had no issues, so... might be some track updates lately, which hurts my comp. Please bring back the old version of track... or you may lack competitors!

#52 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:38 PM

No problems here with my potato computer

- Launger

#53 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:39 PM

strange then...i got strutteniring through whole turn... each turn.

#54 clark10

clark10

Semi-Pro

• 177 posts
  • LocationChampagne - France

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:06 PM

I have exactly the same issue than Dimagico despite a strong computer configuration. This massive lag happens at each corner when speed is above 300 -320 km/h

SQ : 922 / Miles raced : 83 682 / Car owned : 118 / Favorite : Maserati Tipo Birdcage

Member since 2008. My car collection  : http://bit.ly/1JcnCdQ

#55 GCortese

GCortese

Novice

• 32 posts
  • LocationBarcelona, Spain

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:19 PM

and the grass appears white stripes on the pit lane exit

Gio Cortese

#56 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:23 PM

Regarding the above, so FPS issues. 

Ever since the event begun yesterday, some of you reported the substantial FPS drops in the middle of turns. I got seriously concerned, because that's the worst place to get FPS issues, when you have to maintain a line at way above 200 MPH. Started looking at it from various angles, then joined by our track artist early morning today (European time).

It was clear from the beginning that issue is unique for this car and track combination. After whole day, we got to a conclusion that it could be related to the interaction between the car and track's surface, which then is directly related to the speed. The higher the speed, the more forces and more movement, especially in the turns.

I've removed packers from the setup in all four corners of the car and FPS drops for myself have went from about 50% to 5%, became very progressive too, directly related to the constructions around the track, rather than anything else. That is a normal situation.

So, I hope it will be fine for those of you who were affected  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#57 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:25 PM

and the grass appears white stripes on the pit lane exit

Such issues might indicate that you need to do a proper reinstall of the track (but doing the same for the car is also recommended). Proper reinstall would be not just a forced re-download in DM, but firstly a removal of the track (or car) folder and then forcing a re-download in DM.

It's always possible that an update didn't go perfectly.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#58 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:31 PM

works perfect now, thank you mr. B)

#59 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:47 PM

Makes me very happy, it was such a tricky one! :D   

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#60 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:53 PM

I just had a very interesting spin out, which shouldn't happen. I'm going back to looking at it.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IndyCar, DW12, Edmonton, Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, Indianapolis Speedway, Sonoma Raceway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users