Photo

IndyCar DW12 Championship

IndyCar DW12 Edmonton Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course Indianapolis Speedway Sonoma Raceway

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#21 Ribeiro

Ribeiro

Novice

• 35 posts
  • LocationSao Paulo, Brazil

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:26 AM

Phew, it took a long time to be created, but worth it, we finally have something closer to a podium at Simraceway.

The next will follow the same style until the end of the season, and will all be available on simracer.tk.

SQ 900-1100

indy900_r1a_simracer_tk.jpg

SQ 500-900

indy500_r1a_simracer_tk.jpg

#22 clark10

clark10

Semi-Pro

• 177 posts
  • LocationChampagne - France

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:18 PM

Hi
great and quick job again Mr Ribeiro.

Thank you.

SQ : 922 / Miles raced : 83 682 / Car owned : 118 / Favorite : Maserati Tipo Birdcage

Member since 2008. My car collection  : http://bit.ly/1JcnCdQ

#23 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:35 PM

SRW indycar times: 1:02

2012 indycar real life pole position: 1:05.4

3 sec/min still way too much

- Launger

#24 reynaldo123

reynaldo123

Pro

• 357 posts
  • Facebook:Reynaldo Stufano
  • Twitter:@reynaldoschumi
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:24 PM

I found the problem with the DW12!

The car has lot of downforce with fast gearing bias, but is unrealistic, why? The car has extra torque, with a glued-to-track-downforce.

Don't wanna close my eyes   I don't wanna fall asleep  
'Cause I'd miss you, baby   And I don't wanna miss a thing!!!!

#25 clark10

clark10

Semi-Pro

• 177 posts
  • LocationChampagne - France

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:07 AM

Hello all
Coss already discuss this kind of subject. For sure, what is unrealistic is the risk taken while driving a VIRTUAL car and explain most of the gap in term of timing. Just count the number of crash you had to do your best time. In reel life you just have 1 or maybe 2 try !! ;-)
Regards

SQ : 922 / Miles raced : 83 682 / Car owned : 118 / Favorite : Maserati Tipo Birdcage

Member since 2008. My car collection  : http://bit.ly/1JcnCdQ

#26 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:37 AM

We already had that discussion in the ´´is simeraceway too fast´´ thread. The gap is 5 seconds in sonoma, count to five and then think again if that only comes from that. Ok srw is modeled on perfect conditions, never wearing tyres etc but that and the simdrivers driving over the limit gives 1s/min maximum.  The car would be much more fun to drive with a little bit less grip like in real life too ;) 

- Launger

#27 Bolinhas

Bolinhas

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 146 posts
  • LocationVila Nova de Gaia, Porto, Portugal, Europe :)

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:39 PM

Hi

Just to say that my entrances on the Hot Laps are not to be considered as I will not be doing the races.

Thanks

#28 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:05 PM

Hi

Just to say that my entrances on the Hot Laps are not to be considered as I will not be doing the races.

Thanks

Oh :(

BTW tomorrow I will be racing with this pedals... :(

LoZCwSMl.jpg

And the sensor of the accelerator pedal doesn't works very good :(

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#29 Rudolph523

Rudolph523

Seasoned

• 93 posts
  • LocationMidwoud (The Netherlands)

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:34 AM

not too happy about not making the cut for b race 900-1100 . did all i could do, but wasnt fast enough. at the end i could get an 1:04.9 but just dont fast enough, first time since my debut, that i will not place myself on a hotlap event wich i tried to qualify. thats 16 events consecutively placed. and the 17th event, it didnt work. maybe i will chack the races tonight hope to see some good racing

#30 macshome

macshome

Semi-Pro

• 125 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:04 PM

I hung onto a link for the 500-900 qualifier. If you want to see where you ended up in that class take a look! https://www.simracew.../8241?locale=en

#31 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:16 PM

I did 1:04:260 but it isnt on the leaderboard yet.

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#32 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:29 PM

Woohoo I made the 500-900 A race for my very first race!  :D Yesterday five guys passed me but I barely made it in P13.

#33 macshome

macshome

Semi-Pro

• 125 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:38 PM

Woohoo I made the 500-900 A race for my very first race!  :D Yesterday five guys passed me but I barely made it in P13.

Nice job! I saw you putting in good laps last night.

#34 Flaren89

Flaren89

Semi-Pro

• 136 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:48 PM

Yeeees! My first race I hold on from first lap to last one without smash the car! Tnx a lot, my new PC :')

Anyway, about the race, mine still wasn't perfect: I did a major oversteer on lap 3 or 4, some random small mistakes and because of bad practice I didn't have overalla  good pace.

I have to report that I got hit on one of the first laps by a guy that tried to overtake me but exagerate on the push, and so I run for all of the race with yellow rear and rear-right. Again, got hit another time some laps foward for the same reason (no damage this time, but I lost 3 positions for this as I got pushed on the grass). But sincerely, don't care much, it is a race and I still finish it, so...

Overall a nice race, good job to everybody like me that could finish it without going in the pits ;D

Most Played games (actually): - Gran Turismo 6 (PS3); - World of Warcraft (PC); - SimRaceWay (PC); - DotA 2 (Steam PC)

#35 andybob

andybob

Novice

• 35 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:20 PM

My only positive was my best qualifying of second place, was doing ok in the race just passed supercar for third place and was about set off after first two when was hit from behind suffered damage and pitted for new front wing not saying hit from behind was deliberate just a mistake but ruined my race for the second race running so pretty pissed off was looking for good points as cannot make last round.

Never mind that's racing and congrats to first three,

Pedro I know you did not mean to take me out and good job with the streaming.

#36 jmoo1

jmoo1

Seasoned

• 66 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:43 PM

what a race... i thought it was over after turn two cause my playseat came loose on braking..... was difficult braking on every other turn after that. even more of a surprise i finished 3rd. lucky

Attached File  image.jpg   78.25KB   1 downloads

sorry for anyone i caused trouble when rejoining track after t2

#37 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:24 PM

Drove ok for 40 laps but then caught jolly draft and went wide T1, cortese got ahead, was not going to accept that after whole evening of zero mistakes so pushed too hard and into wall after T1, could have come home with 3rd maybe but racingjake gave me the mandatory nose in ass that i usually get in the start of races so dropped to 5th which is not a good result, was great battle with cortese all evening but that doesnt actually matter, im much more worried about shadow being a second faster on a 1min track, i could practice my ass off and i dont think i would have still done that pace, i will sit down and watch the race from his cockpit some day i think lol. i already pushed pretty big, half of the laps i slammed the throttle before i reasonably thought i could and got away with it but i guess you can take more from this car, lets see. too bad next race will be turning left only

- Launger

#38 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:40 PM

too bad next race will be turning left only

But that's what Indycar racing is all about! Mastering street courses, road courses, short ovals, and superspeedways. If it were truly representative, the SRW Indycar championship would have one of each (so Phoenix instead of one of the road courses).  But since it's only 4 races, I agree with having two road courses and just one oval.  But it has to have at least one oval.  It may not take as much driving skill, but oval racing benefits from a good tactical approach.

#39 LoneWolfGAM

LoneWolfGAM

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 194 posts
  • Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/gregorio.miron
  • Twitter:@LoneWolfGAM
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:12 AM

What a great race today, thanks to coss, super, liam, nofear, and every racer for making this a great race weekend.

Since my comeback, last week, i'm improving as the laps pass by, now i can start to go "mano a mano" with other racers like allan wu, kmquick, bolinhas, supercar, lionheart and nofear to name a few.

Hope to see you at indy racers, this next race wont be the easiest.

"I don't have to sell my soul /He's already in me... I don't need to sell my soul /He's already in me...
I wanna be adored..."
I wanna be adored- The Stone Roses @}-;-'---

#40 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:11 AM

LoneWolf, this was my first race, and I made it into the SQ 500-900 A race. I actually took inspiration from your A race last week. I downloaded and watched the replay. I think you had an incident early in the race, but then you drove a steady race to P6. I knew I wasn't going to be fast in this race (both my hot lap and qualy position was P13), so my goal was to drive steady, stay out of trouble, and stay on the track. I expected less attrition than the Edmonton race but it turns out there were still plenty of incidents, and I managed to drive a smooth race to P7, so I'm pretty stoked to get a decent finish in my first race.  :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IndyCar, DW12, Edmonton, Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, Indianapolis Speedway, Sonoma Raceway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users