4 replies to this topic

#1 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:56 AM

Hello Everybody!

Before we move on to another Championship (with the IndyCars), here is our little break: 54th edition of the Race to the Weekend and Sunday Race-Off, featuring the Mazda MX-5 (Miata) at our newly released Cadwell Park!

Have a look below:

Details of Race to the Weekend and Sunday Race-Off 54 for the Skillquant group 500-900

Details of Race to the Weekend and Sunday Race-Off 54 for the Skillquant group 900-1100

Best of luck to you all  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#2 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:06 PM

Well, the race was good for me :D

I was a reserve (I qualified as 46th hehe), and in the qualy I managed to get the 4th place.

The start was bad. My was good, but the guy who was in front of me (Alex), did a slow start (maybe because of shifts, or because he didn't use Launch Control), so I had to brake, which costed me time, and people could overtake me. 

Then I was racing and, I think it was Dimitri, went of the track and when he rejoined the track I braked (maybe I could manage to overtake him, but it could be risky, so I decided to slow down).

Then the lags started to appear, which isn't good when you're afraid of hit someone...

Then Dimitri overtaked Gymwhaley, so I was behind Gym. I think he was slower than me, because sometimes I had to slow down or I couldn't drive as I wanted to do. This track is tiny, and the MX5 doesn't has much power, so it can be kind of hard to overtake without taking risks. And I didn't want to crash or something like that, so my only option was to stay behind him and putting pressure, to see if he does some errors... xD

At the lap 5 or 6 gym does an error and I overtake him, clean :D 

Then it was simple... just drive without spinning and all that to cross the line... I didn't have more hopes (like being 3rd) because I was too behind (because of having to stay behind Gym), but I think I was getting faster than Gym. I don't know if it was because I was faster, or because he hit the wall (and maybe he got damage) or both togheter.

BTW I wasn't talking bad about you guys, and I already did much worst than that :P

I had fun racing, and that's the more important part of all this. And if I think that I had a bad time in the hotlap and i'm going to win some money, it isn't bad at all!

Thanks for all this guys :D

PS: I think, at least in qualyfing session, that we had more helps than normal... Like Invulnerability, SC High and TC High (and others if you turn it on)

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#3 CrasHMF

CrasHMF

Seasoned

• 99 posts
  • LocationBraga, Portugal

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:58 PM

I just saw part of the stream, in the 900-1000 SQ range race, is it normal to go offtrack every turn? It was strange...

Miguel Freitas - CrasHMF

Portugal

#4 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:04 AM

Pretty good race, i was not too quick but beat better prepared drivers in quali so it was not too hard to keep my position on this track, only azbest was a problem, for me it seemed like he divebombed every corner, maybe just his style to brake late but the first laps i created a train because i had to brake twice every corner, once in the normal position to take the corner fast, then i see azbest about to drive into me from the mirror, so i had to release brakes and brake later again lol. once he and acer fell back i had room to drive normally and only until the end of the race shaun and cortese got close but i just held it and 2nd (almost 1st) is pretty good result

- Launger

#5 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:15 AM

I just saw part of the stream, in the 900-1100 SQ range race, is it normal to go offtrack every turn? It was strange...

As long as 2 wheels are between white lines, yes. It is common practice in SRW that the lines you take in quali and race are different :P

You couldnt really gain much by going on the grass in cadwell anyway, it became very slippery very fast.

- Launger

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rttw54sq, sro54sq, mazda mx-5, mazda miata, cadwell park, skillquant, prizes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users