Photo

What happened to the IndyCar game?

IndyCar IndyCar Game Indianapolis Edmondton Chicagoland Watkins Glen DW12 Indy Lights

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Stiggy

Stiggy

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 209 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW, Australia

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:12 PM

In early 2012 it was announced that Ignite/Simraceway would be making an official IndyCar game (http://blog.simracew...l-indycar-game/), however two years have now passed since the announcement with no news on the progress on the game. 

Will it ever be released as a standalone official IndyCar game, or will the IndyCar content just be released in Simraceway?

"Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen in Le Mans

Racing and hotlapping for 4 years in Simraceway

#2 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:00 AM

Wow I didn't know about this since I just joined SRW a couple of months ago.  Looks like there is going to be an announcement regarding Indycar on Friday, so good timing with your post.  :)

#3 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:11 PM

So I'm suspicious that they pulled the Indycar from the store. If they were just making some liveries available to the car there would be no need to pull the current car.  I wonder now if they are going to charge a fee for each livery.  So when you buy the car you get one livery, and you have to pay more (e.g., 500 cr) for each livery you add.  So people who already own the carbon-fiber car will get credits added to their account to purchase one livery.  Something like that.  Why else would they remove the current car from the store?  We'll find out tomorrow...

25p4i8w.jpg

#4 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:20 PM

OK I called it, but you get five liveries instead of just one.  :P

But I thought they would charge a modest fee to add more liveries, not charge you the full $5.00 price of the car for each additional livery!  :o

Regarding the full Indycar series or game, I'm gonna guess we won't see it at all under the current platform. :mellow:   If we ever see it, it will be with the completely new game/graphic engine that we hope they are working on.

#5 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:02 AM

In early 2012 it was announced that Ignite/Simraceway would be making an official IndyCar game (http://blog.simracew...l-indycar-game/), however two years have now passed since the announcement with no news on the progress on the game. 

Will it ever be released as a standalone official IndyCar game, or will the IndyCar content just be released in Simraceway?

Yes and we've just made one step closer to that. 

OK I called it, but you get five liveries instead of just one.  :P

But I thought they would charge a modest fee to add more liveries, not charge you the full $5.00 price of the car for each additional livery!  :o

Regarding the full Indycar series or game, I'm gonna guess we won't see it at all under the current platform. :mellow:   If we ever see it, it will be with the completely new game/graphic engine that we hope they are working on.

The reason is that for example from a new user (or those who didn't own the Carbon Fiber DW12 prior to yesterday) perspective each of these liveries is a fully functional and competitive vehicle. 

Yes, you're right, this project has been started a long time ago and then paused. Current team, being incredibly dynamic managed to re-start it and made the next step forward, but it will take time before we can finalize it.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#6 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:35 AM

By the way, let me give you guys a bit more insight on the liveries.

Ones gifted to the owners of Carbon Fiber:

Andretti Autosport #28 is a livery of the 2012 season winner Ryan Hunter-Reay

Andretti Autosport #27 is a livery of James Hinchcliffe

Ed Carpenter Racing #20 is a livery of Ed Carpenter

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing #22 is a livery of Oriol Servia

Dale Coyne Racing #18 is a livery of Justin Wilson

Premium ones:

Team Penske #3 is a livery of Helio Castroneves

Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing #15 is a livery of Takuma Sato

Team Penske #12 is a livery of Will Power

There will be a separate post in the Service Status section covering this release.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#7 freggel

freggel

Seasoned

• 93 posts
  • LocationKatwijk, The Netherlands

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:17 AM

It's a shame that you have to pay $60 for having all the liveries, while you have already payed for the car. 

#8 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:52 PM

The reason is that for example from a new user (or those who didn't own the Carbon Fiber DW12 prior to yesterday) perspective each of these liveries is a fully functional and competitive vehicle.

Yeah but from a revenue perspective, how many people are going to buy more than one car? Very few I'd guess, but you guys will find out soon enough. If you structured it so the base car + 5 liveries is $5, and then each additional livery is $1, then I think you guys would make more money. If you discount the new liveries for TDT over the month of May, then I could see you making some sales. At $5.00 I'm not going to buy any more Indycars. At $2.50 for TDT, I would probably add one more livery. At $1, I probably would have added five more liveries.

Yes, you're right, this project has been started a long time ago and then paused. Current team, being incredibly dynamic managed to re-start it and made the next step forward, but it will take time before we can finalize it.

Wow, thanks for the info. People complain about all the secrecy, so it's nice to get some actual confirmation.

#9 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:08 PM

Yeah but from a revenue perspective, how many people are going to buy more than one car? Very few I'd guess, but you guys will find out soon enough. If you structured it so the base car + 5 liveries is $5, and then each additional livery is $1, then I think you guys would make more money. If you discount the new liveries for TDT over the month of May, then I could see you making some sales. At $5.00 I'm not going to buy any more Indycars. At $2.50 for TDT, I would probably add one more livery. At $1, I probably would have added five more liveries.

Yes, this is probably the best idea, but if you don't have a technical ability to do something like this - it automatically stops existing as a potential way to go. That's what happend.

This whole area will be evolving as we move into the future, so features allowing all sorts of promotions like the above will be added. At the moment, each of these liveries is a fully functional and competitive vehicle, from a perspective of a new user or a user who hasn't owned the Carbon Fiber car prior to the release. Then from a perspective of Carbon Fiber owners, 5 of the liveries are added as a gift.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#10 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:15 PM

Yes, this is probably the best idea, but if you don't have a technical ability to do something like this - it automatically stops existing as a potential way to go. That's what happend. This whole area will be evolving as we move into the future, so features allowing all sorts of promotions like the above will be added.

Yeah when I saw the prices, I suspected that maybe there was a technical limitation that didn't allow "add-on" items.  :P

One interesting effect of this structure is that some of these liveries will be less popular, so sightings will be cool.  I want the Sato, the Barrichello, and the National Guard car, but there are other cars I need to buy first.  :(

BTW here's the 2012 Spotter's Guide:

http://www.indycar.c...otterGuide1.pdf

Some of the colors in the guide don't match up with what will be in the game (e.g., Bourdais, Kanaan) since color schemes can change from race-to-race even with the same sponsorship.  Too bad we're not going to see the AJ Foyt/ABC Supply car, or the EJ Viso car, or Charlie Kimball, or Tagliani, or Simona...

#11 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 04 May 2014 - 12:05 PM

I think it would be interesting if SRW creates a new liverie that doesnt exists in real life: the Simraceway Game livery :D

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#12 tibone

tibone

Contributor

• 5 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:29 PM

Any chance of us getting the #77 (pagenoud) and/or the #67 (newgarden) in the near future?

I would gladly pay 5000cr for any of them. :)

#13 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 03:12 PM

Any chance of us getting the #77 (pagenoud) and/or the #67 (newgarden) in the near future?

I would gladly pay 5000cr for any of them. :)

Yes!  :)

Please have a look here for a complete release plan: http://blog.simracew...car-dw12-month/

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#14 Flaren89

Flaren89

Semi-Pro

• 136 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 03:54 PM

To get the free liveries, we have to download them from the link or we get by default after the update from SRW Download Manager (still coulnd't enter the game for now).

Most Played games (actually): - Gran Turismo 6 (PS3); - World of Warcraft (PC); - SimRaceWay (PC); - DotA 2 (Steam PC)

#15 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:27 PM

For convenience, here's the complete schedule and what's left out:

The original carbon fiber car includes:

#28 Sun Drop - Andretti - Ryan Hunter-Reay
#27 Go Daddy - Andretti - James Hinchcliffe
#20 Fuzzy's Vodka - Ed Carpenter - Ed Carpenter
#22 Mecum Auctions - Panther DRR - Oriol Servia
#18 Sonny's BBQ - Dale Coyne - Justin Wilson

Premium liveries:

Friday May 2:
#3 Shell - Penske - Helio Castroneves
#15 Mi-Jack - Rahal/Letterman/Lanigan - Takuma Sato
#12 Verizon - Penske - Will Power

Friday May 9:
#9 Target - Chip Ganassi - Scott Dixon
#77 HP - Schmidt/Hamilton - Simon Pagenaud
#7 TRUECar - Dragon - Sebastien Bourdais

Friday May 16:
#10 Target - Chip Ganassi - Dario Franchitti
#11 Geico/Mouser - KV Racing - Tony Kanaan
#26 RC Cola - Andretti - Marco Andretti

Friday May 23:
#2 Izod - Penske - Ryan Briscoe
#8 BMC - KV Racing - Rubens Barrichello
#4 National Guard - Panther - JR Hildebrand

Left out:
#5 Citgo - KV Racing - E.J. Viso
#6 TRUECar - Dragon - Katherine Legge
#14 ABC Supply - AJ Foyt - Mike Conway
#19 Boy Scouts - Dale Coyne - James Jakes
#38 Service Central - Chip Ganassi - Graham Rahal
#67 Dollar General or Direct Supply or Go USA! or Angie's List - Sarah Fisher - Josef Newgarden
#78 Nuclear Clean Air Energy - HVM - Simona de Silvestro
#83 Novo Nordisk - Chip Ganassi - Charlie Kimball
#98 Barracuda - Bryan Herta - Alex Tagliani

#16 tibone

tibone

Contributor

• 5 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:02 AM

Yes!  :)

Please have a look here for a complete release plan: http://blog.simracew...car-dw12-month/

Awesome. Two cars i really want are in that list. #77 and #4, too bad about #67, but two out of three? Fantastic. :)

#17 kingdaeho

kingdaeho

Semi-Pro

• 116 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:18 AM

So do we need one of each car released that week to run that championship round? Or can we just run the standard DW12 the entire time?

#18 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:59 PM

So do we need one of each car released that week to run that championship round? Or can we just run the standard DW12 the entire time?

Yes, of course  :)

Simraceway  :wub: the users

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#19 macshome

macshome

Semi-Pro

• 125 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:17 AM

Yes, of course  :)

Simraceway  :wub: the users

Great! I wasn't clear on that either. Gonna log in tonight and update my black DW12.

#20 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:53 AM

SRW hotlap top time in edmonton with indycar last race: 1.13.2

Real life edmonton indy quali lap of 2012: 1.17.2

SRW hotlap top time in sonoma with indycar last race: 1.12.0

Real life sonoma indy quali lap of 2012:  1:17.2

Keep on making liveries, its sad that we will now have a championship with one of the most unrealistic veichles in the game

- Launger

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IndyCar, IndyCar Game, Indianapolis, Edmondton, Chicagoland, Watkins Glen, DW12, Indy Lights

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users