7 replies to this topic

#1 devilbevin

devilbevin

Semi-Pro

• 134 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:23 PM

Pit Stop Guide:

Step 1: Map the required buttons for a pit stop. To do this go to the home screen and go to Options > Controls > Mappings
You need to map buttons for the following:
Speed Limiter
Request Pit
LCD Up
LCD Down
LCD Increase
LCD Decrease
HUD Mode

Step 2: Request Pit. You should see a screen the same as below on the right side of your screen.
gb9n.png

Step 3: Set the fuel to the amount you want. Press LCD increase to increase the amount of fuel you want in the car. If you go too far you can press LCD Decrease to reduce the amount of fuel.
N.B. The amount of fuel you select is the amount of fuel that will be in the car after the pit stop. It is not the amount of fuel that will be added to car.
N.B. Fuel cannot be removed in qualifying or race

Tip: You do not have to set the fuel all in the one lap. You can do it throughout the race by requesting a pit , setting the fuel and then unrequesting the pit. The next time you request the pit, the pit menu will remember the previous settings.

n968.png

Step 4: Press LCD Down  times to move down to damage.  Make sure damage is set to 'Do Not Repair'. Damage can be changed in the same way as fuel by pressing LCD Increase/Decrease.
If you are doing a normal pit stop, damage should be set to 'Do Not Repair' or 'N/A'.
However, if you have lost a front or rear wing, this should be set to 'Repair Body'. 
There is another setting on a few cars called 'Repair All'. This is able to repair all damage, including suspension damage on the car.

ssky.png

Step 5: Press LCD Down once more to move down to confirm and Press HUD Mode to confirm the pit stop. The pit menu should now have disappeared.

6w7y.png

Step 6: Enter the pits. When you see the message below on the top left of your screen, you must be below the pit lane speed limit. You should now have your Speed Limiter on.

N.B. Not all cars have a speed limiter

Tip: If a car does not have a speed limiter, it is easiest to control the speed by selecting a high gear.

a7ob.png

Step 7: You will see a red box. This is where you have to park your car for the pit. When you are very near the box, a graphic will appear on screen to give a better idea where you are in relation to the pit box. When you are parked in the box, the graphic will turn green and a timer will begin.

lbob.png

Step 8: When you see the message 'Go!', accelerate to the speed limit. You must stay under the speed limit until the yellow message from Step 6 disappears.

#2 devilbevin

devilbevin

Semi-Pro

• 134 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:26 PM

I originally made this for Midweek Championship back in January but as all thought of that has gone I made a seperate thread.

If there's anything you want to add or correct, please tell me :)  

#3 Axeracing

Axeracing

Seasoned

• 92 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:25 PM

You should add the part about hitting the yellow line at the pit entrance(if the entrance is wide enough that you can miss it).

#4 aporcalipse

aporcalipse

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 195 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:08 PM

fantastic job m8... great guide

#5 reynaldo123

reynaldo123

Pro

• 357 posts
  • Facebook:Reynaldo Stufano
  • Twitter:@reynaldoschumi
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:09 AM

Very good guide :D

Don't wanna close my eyes   I don't wanna fall asleep  
'Cause I'd miss you, baby   And I don't wanna miss a thing!!!!

#6 capabomba

capabomba

Novice

• 44 posts
  • LocationSalerno - Italy

Posted 05 May 2014 - 03:57 PM

Great guide. Thank you very much!

I still believe there is much more room for improvements when it comes to requesting a pit. The absolute top would be to have a few simple voice commands but I don't know if this has ever been done in other games. 

#7 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:35 PM

Great guide. Thank you very much!

I still believe there is much more room for improvements when it comes to requesting a pit. The absolute top would be to have a few simple voice commands but I don't know if this has ever been done in other games. 

"-Simraceway I want pit in the next lap. Fill 50 liters

-Ok, I will fill 15 liters" :P

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#8 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:16 PM

I'd also like that when you select to pit, IT TELLS YOU THE PIT LANE SPEED LIMIT :)

And maybe even make it clearer on some tracks when the pit limit starts... it can be confusing, like Indy, you had like 3 lines before the pit entrance... Maybe a sign or "stop light"?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users